Lost Serial Code

Lost Serial Code

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

Hello, I need some guidance how to getting my Serial Code back.
I bought GW2 to gift to my brother in around March 2013 when the game as 30% Off, but he never registered yet cause the game didn’t run in his pc. Now that he can run the game, he decided to start playing. The problem is the 2 serial codes he have saved in his pc one is not recognized and the other says there is no trial running right now. So, I submited a support ticket.

The ticket is a little mess right now, because I didn’t know If I asked a friend to buy me the game when it was 30% off so I won’t loose the discount or if I bought the game myself. So were I did wrong: I asked all the private information, credit info, etc from my friend and used that when I started the ticket, but since I started the ticket he checked those months (February/March/April) 2013 with his bank and there was no purchase. So basically, it seems I didn’t ask him to buy game and I was the one that bought it. All the information I gave to support was my friend info, I updated the ticket with the new info but they are still asking me information about my friend instead of me. Should I close that ticket and open a new one with everything right or try to explain this through the same ticket?

Regards

(edited by White Wolf.3291)

Lost Serial Code

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Closing the ticket won’t be helpful in this case. Update your ticket by responding to the e-mailed response that you received and give the proper details related to this account.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Lost Serial Code

White Wolf.3291

But it won’t mix things?

Lost Serial Code

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

But it won’t mix things?

An agent will be able to discern what you are saying if you do the following:

This is the info I previously provided
(info)

This is the info I should have provided
(info)

There’s only so much that an agent could accept, of course. Someone could “phish around” by giving several sets of info to try to steal an account. But with a straightforward explanation of what happened, the agent will best be able to review the account and respond accordingly.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Lost Serial Code

Previous

Gaile Gray

I just remembered to ask: Do you need your serial code for something other than account access?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Lost Serial Code

White Wolf.3291

I just need the serial code to register the account. Remember this thread Gaile: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Buying-an-account-for-someone-else/first#post1640465

It’s the code for my brother.

Lost Serial Code

White Wolf.3291

Update: This specific request will take additional investigation. Please give us more time, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we have information to provide.

Thanks for your patience.

Edit: They gave me code. Thank you very much Gaile =) Regards

(edited by White Wolf.3291)