[Mac] Crash normalOffset == (unsigned)-1

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Started today I get these crashes running the game on my Mac. Happened once right after the gemstore update (6pm CET), then I could just restart and play for about half an hour without any problems, and then it happened again, and again, and now I can’t login for more than a few minutes before it happens.

MacBook Pro Mid 2014, OSX 10.9.5. I have played on this computer since 2014 and I have changed nothing (no, I cannot update to Sierra).

I tried repairing the client, and it did nothing and changed nothing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bryt.7893

Bryt.7893

have the same Problem on Windows pc, but just with 1 toon, but same error msg…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Same error here on my Macbook Pro. It was working fine yesterday.

The Burninator

Posted by: shadowrune.3105

shadowrune.3105

Same thing here on windows, logged in, did the Chalice of Tears on my mesmer, logged back into my Druid…same crash. Now all my toons seem to be affected, can’t load anything.

Posted by: Jurmes.3869

Jurmes.3869

I, too, am having constant crashes. For all my toons, once I select and load them up, the game throws an error message "normalOffset == (unsigned)-1 || frameOffset == (unsigned)-1 " while the game is loading. The game does not halt however, and continues to run. The error message box continues to duplicate itsself and by the fifth or sixth time the game finally halts and CTDs. This is a Windows 10 x64 Machine running the 64-bit client.

JustTrogdor.7892

Seems to be affecting a lot of people both Mac and PC. According to a post on Reddit, Anet knows about it.

Edit: Anet post on Twitter says they are working on it.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/790954378135994368

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

darksome.1697

Thanks guys, I thought it was my computer giving up on me. I checked through my logs and I’d advice anyone against opening the gemstore. They might have made a do-do with the images or the actual 3D model for the new outfit?

It starts with a
“Warning: Cache image returned by the server has size range covering all valid image sizes. Binding: VariantBinding [0×403] flags: 0×8 binding: FileInfoBinding [0×303] – extension: pdf, UTI: com.adobe.pdf, fileType: ???? request size:128 scale: 1”

and goes on and on with operations that can’t be completed, through some

* WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:operation:fraction:] is deprecated”

to a:

“Got low space trigger”

JustTrogdor.7892

I read this in the bug forum and it seemed to fix it for me. Before you login to your character try changing animation from low to medium if you have it set to low. I didn’t test it much but so far it has worked for me.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

darksome.1697

That is interesting Trogdor, I have mine set to low. Will try if I can get in long enough!