Need assistance with submitting ticket

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: paynesgrey.8932

paynesgrey.8932

So I’m trying to log into my NCsoft main account. No joy. I try resetting my password, answer my security questions, and am rejected repeatedly. I eventually find a screen that lets me contact customer service, but it wants me to provide things like the credit card I used for the purchase God only knows when, the serial number which is on “The email,” which I can’t find. I’ve fired off the form with the info I DID actually have, but Lord knows if that’ll actually do anything. Some questions I couldn’t answer.

To get some help and reset my stinking NCsoft account password, do I have to remember what I ate for breakfast on June 3, 1996? Is there a lousy phone number I can call? I have never, ever dealt with a gaming company that has worked so very, very, hard to ensure that players cannot actually locate, much less contact, customer support. The funny thing is, I just wanted to sign up for the Wild Star beta. Which, if I liked it, I might preorder or buy when it comes out.

Guys, if I can’t reach you, I CAN’T BUY THINGS FROM YOU.

Seriously. Is this some new marketing strategy? Is it a puzzle? Do I need to learn witchcraft, sacrifice a hobo and examine his entrails to learn the secret code to actually get some help here? I mean, I’m interested in Wildstar and maybe some other NCSoft Games, but I’m not hobo-killing interested. Hobos are sad and harmless, and I wouldn’t be able play games in jail anyway. So if there’s a way to get some help without remembering random details from years past and hurting innocent panhandlers, I’d really like to hear about it.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

When you fill out the ticket, fill out what you can and leave the rest blank. Then work with support for whatever else they need.

You aren’t the first person who doesn’t have this info and you won’t be the last. Just because they ask for certain information doesn’t mean they need it. It just helps them to establish ownership. They can work around blank spots.

Posted by: paynesgrey.8932

paynesgrey.8932

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the info. I was half expecting an auto-reject because I couldn’t remember what color the hobo’s eyes were. I’ll let the other ones go now.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Actually, please fill out what you can and put “None,” “N/A,” or “Unknown” in the other spaces. I don’t think it’ll process well with blanks, so please just slip in “No” or “none” or another indication that you cannot provide that point of info. (But if you already submitted, no worries! What’s your 12-digit number, do you have that handy?)

You do not need to provide ALL info, but as much as you can would be very helpful. Please don’t worry about the breakfast in 1996. We do want to know your shoe size in your junior year in high school, though.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

Isn’t it a bit personal to ask for his ‘show’ size?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Isn’t it a bit personal to ask for his ‘show’ size?

Oh Shady, Shady, Shady. You knew meant “shoe” but I went ahead and changed it on my post just to make it clear for others.

:D

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

paynesgray — this will most likely be resolved very soon indeed. If not, please provide your ticket number so we can take a look tomorrow morning.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet