Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Galuddyn.5873

Galuddyn.5873

Just got back from Christmas vacation. On my screen I am able to run around but skills dont fire off when I press the button and people watching me say I am running into a wall or object when on my screen I think I am not. This is followed shortly after by a disconnect. First time this has happened since I started in Beta. Happens in Cursed Shore, WvW, PvP, and Fractals so far. Too dissapointed to try other zones.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: womby.8639

womby.8639

Hi,

This has been happening with me too; I’m in Australia and I’ve only recently started playing. Issues started today, everything seems to be fine on my end, was hoping someone knew whether this was getting fixed or whether this is normal? It’s unplayable which is really annoying, I was hoping it wouldn’t last this long.

Thanks.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Mark Katzbach created this thread before 3 months and then he never posted a single answer or info here or anyone else from Anet. Is this what they call support for one of biggest problem of game?
Last time Katzbach posted something on forum is 8 days….seems he realy enjoy chrismas vocation…..:-D Ok then tomorow enjoy your ,,Happy new year" and after it is time to give us answers. And real ones…No some babbling about ISP please.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: BearFear.2543

BearFear.2543

Cursed Shore latency delays and disconnects. Both computers on our network. This is the only zone I notice any issues with.

Server: Tarnished Coast

I’m in the exact same boat as you, Especially when I do the Pen/Shelt events.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

Hi guys yesterday it was second day after 3 weeks without any lagspikes for me so i hope they fixed it, but as I can see you have still problems with lags…..will inform you if its fixed or if its still happening and I was just lucky. I am from Czech republic tho…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: fotten.1805

fotten.1805

Severe lag in WvW – eternal battlegrounds and others.

1 – 5 second delay, unplayable.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lam.5192

Lam.5192

For the first two months of playing I had no lag at all. Since the start of December it has been just awful. I have tried two different EU servers and am getting the same sort of intermittent lag on both. Often I have to wait 10 or more seconds before my commands come out. I’m getting a lot of disconnects too.
My Broad band and PC are both of very high standards and I have no issue with any other game or Network intensive operation.
I really hope something can be done to fix this as the game is rendered pretty much unplayable for me at the moment.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: DarkMarmot.8374

DarkMarmot.8374

Massive lag and disconnects for me since Christmas… had been playing fine till then. Other network services are fine in the house…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: fotten.1805

fotten.1805

lagging in pve as well, unplayable, delays etc, making it difficult to dodge attacks / time things.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Hexotic.1973

Hexotic.1973

Getting lag yesterday and today. Lag on skills where i have to wait 1 or 2 seconds before skill goes off. This hasn’t happened to me since early on when the game was released.

Network Lag [Merged]

daros.3407

Tomorow realy bad lags in CoF. I died in fires and then i could not even teleport to WP. Stop ignore us finaly and do something about it!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

Cursed Shore latency delays and disconnects. Both computers on our network. This is the only zone I notice any issues with.

Server: Tarnished Coast

I’m in the exact same boat as you, Especially when I do the Pen/Shelt events.

This is the exact same issue that my husband and I and another guildie are seeing. Cursed Shore, Tarnished Coast, Pen/Shelt area.

Oddly, two other guildies, who have been in the area for some time before our arrival, are not seeing the same issues that the newcomers are having.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Skills activating after 30+ seconds in a mid-scale WvW combat… is unacceptable. Look at PS2 for a superior example of your game, anet.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Network Lag [Merged]

daros.3407

Vocation ended so there sould be finely answers here. But i dont see any.
So i ask again….What is wrong with servers Anet? Why no one from Anet responding so long? I Suppose you worked hard to solve it so you had no time to give us info.
So what did you discovered and when will be all lags issue repaired?
Please answer all these questions till tomorow becouse we so many people has to play with this issue or even cant play. You had lot of time to answer but until now you did not.
More and more people starting to thinking that you absolutly do not care about your customers…..That you are absolutely spitting on them….This is youre last chance to show that it is not truth. Otherwise i as your customer will joint these people and start thinking same way about Arena net. Now it is up to you. You had lot of time to answer this thread……Do you care about you customer or you spit on them?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

3 Major updates and dozens of patches later this issues is still not being fixed.
In fact, it has gotten worse. Is there even anyone working on this?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Mehrdad.9074

Mehrdad.9074

Well 150 MB update !! After that i’m getting DC + Client Error !! Freez at Loading Screenshot etc .. .. .. it was srsly bad update !! Recycle :P So no u are not the only player experiencing it i’m gettting dc + freez

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Corvi.3278

Corvi.3278

News Flash:

After Winterstay taken out PvE areas is now playable I can do resource gathering now.

Will post updates about events and WvW later. This proves that the claim “your ISP is the problem” is not entirely true.

Network Lag [Merged]

Corvi.3278

Played some dynamic events and when passing through a portal the game got disconnected. :p

At least it is playable now.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Kasheall.7390

Kasheall.7390

Pretty much having exactly the same problem as everyone else. Internet is fine(it is NOT my end), run all your suggestions, ports are forwarded but in game, random times, random places, i will get get horrid lag and drop out with the error 7:11:3:189:101. I can try to connect again but it seems to persist, dropping me again or not even reconnecting. Until a few days ago i never had any issue playing this game. Never even slightly lagged. Now it’s becoming an hourly occurrence.

I’m reinstalling the game now as a last resort.. but if the issue’s going to be ignored (which it looks like it has been for many months considering it’s not fixed) i’ll find something better to do with my time

Network Lag [Merged]

Mehrdad.9074

Corvi and Kasheall :P You have to know they dont care !! !! !! I send lots of Emails to Tech Support Team We checked everything And Etc they said it’s ISP) but """ This proves that the claim “your ISP is the problem” is not entirely true. """ I’m agree with Corvi I’ve played Wow .. .. BH 100vs100 even more i didnt have delay or latency issues or lag spike !! But 10vs10 PvP i cant play rly i can see movement speed bug it’s like u cant see ur Enemy movement smt times lag spike . . . .

Network Lag [Merged]

Mehrdad.9074

I can play Pve with out problems but PvP even with programs like Pingzapper or WTF lp etc i’m getting abit delay which is rly bad For PvP 1 sec delay u are dead u cant interupt or manage ur CD !! in fact They dont care :S

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: TearsOfPain.6059

TearsOfPain.6059

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous now. I can barely even play for 5 minutes without getting logged out and it always telling me that there is some sort of internet connection problem. If there was a problem with my internet, I would not be able to post this on the forums, which clearly, I am.

Network Lag [Merged]

Mehrdad.9074

Yes Tears unfurtunately they dont care as i said !!! if u pay attention i can play PvE WvW but PvP 10vs10 i cannot see my enemy movement speed That means i’ll lose my target easy = i’m dead !!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Have been lagging hard ever since Lost Shores patch and have posted several videos in this thread, but I’m still getting these at least 5 times with above 20 random lags a day. A friend of mine doesn’t get lag, but he is getting the D/C message quite often too.

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: imax.8945

imax.8945

After last update I started to get some lag.
I don’t know how to Arena Net divides their IPs and servers, but i got lag on gameplay – using skills, changing weapons… but not on chat system.
I tested on maps: no lag even if i have more plp with me.
Inside Sorrows Embrace lag alone or with plp – chat still working fine.
At WvWvW : lag on skills and no lag on guild chat…

I got some IPs: address while i was at Dungeon:
64.25.33.89 – established – no ping 100% loss
64.25.38.72 – established – no ping 100% loss
64.25.40.117 – established – ping with 300ms average
Ping statistics for 64.25.40.117:
Packets: Sent = 1669, Received = 1666, Lost = 3 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 228ms, Maximum = 534ms, Average = 300ms

I’m checking with ISP if there is any problem reaching this network: 65.25.40 and 65.25.38,
Is there any thing that i can check on game since some places doesn’t show lag?

Network Lag [Merged]

Corvi.3278

The improvement when Wintersday was taken out made solo PvE playable.

Got into a dragon fight event early this morning at Sparkfly Fen and with only 12 players around (probably even less) the event was very laggy. Seeing that, I did not bother to test WvW anymore.

Network Lag [Merged]

Corvi.3278

After last update I started to get some lag.
I don’t know how to Arena Net divides their IPs and servers, but i got lag on gameplay – using skills, changing weapons… but not on chat system.
I tested on maps: no lag even if i have more plp with me.
Inside Sorrows Embrace lag alone or with plp – chat still working fine.
At WvWvW : lag on skills and no lag on guild chat…

I got some IPs: address while i was at Dungeon:
64.25.33.89 – established – no ping 100% loss
64.25.38.72 – established – no ping 100% loss
64.25.40.117 – established – ping with 300ms average
Ping statistics for 64.25.40.117:
Packets: Sent = 1669, Received = 1666, Lost = 3 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 228ms, Maximum = 534ms, Average = 300ms

I’m checking with ISP if there is any problem reaching this network: 65.25.40 and 65.25.38,
Is there any thing that i can check on game since some places doesn’t show lag?

I can confirm when there is significant lag (1-5 second delay) chat is still working fine. LOL

You can even tell your guild or party that you are lagging at realtime. :p Chat servers ok, game servers not ok.

Network Lag [Merged]

Corvi.3278

Just tried a Straits of Devastation northern route event. We were just three in a party in there came in a 7 second delay (chat was still a-OK LOL) game lag. Sigh…

The event involves lots of Risen, but this was never an issue before.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Procop.1579

Procop.1579

-> Why cant Anet add one simple display notification system in UI in-game, so we can see how much we lagg at what place and the FPS. checking the FPS using the F11 or Esc key is no good. Example LOL has it , WoW had it. How did you guys forget about it.

-> Using the Resource Monitor to check the MS(lagg, delay, ping ) is not good enough. And it shows 3 different MS notification.

-> I am asking because it helps when you PVP a lot when you know you are lagging you would avoid PVP. Not knowing that you are lagging and jumping into the PVP and realizing that you are lagging is sick..

please do something about it, its just one simple work in the User Interface.

Network Lag [Merged]

Mehrdad.9074

Beacuse they know their sever has problem or they cant fix this problem .. .. .. This is really funny i cant believe it !!

The comparison between World of Warcraft and our game and it’s connection to both can simply be explained like this. If there are two roads that are paved and one has high traffic and the other is clear then of course you’re going to have more trouble going down the road with higher traffic. Your connection to World of Warcraft’s servers are fine and the route that your ISP has for you handling that traffic is fine. The route that your ISP has you going to geographically connect to our servers has high traffic. In the end, your ISP just needs to re-route you for Guild Wars 2 so that you can travel down a separate road without high traffic.

My ISP didnt do anything u have to know it , Bliz Tech Support it they did smt great and Fixed many players problem like me and rest !!!

I still have problem but u said :

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that your issue has been resolved.

u didnt solve my problem why did u close the ticket ? We cant /ping in game do u know why because it’s .. . .. . ..

Network Lag [Merged]

Mehrdad.9074

Lots of player has the same problem PvE is fine but WvW , PvP we are getting delay especailly PvP !!! For example BH 100vs100 players i didnt had delay or lag spike in Wow !!

Some times comparison is good !! :S
So u can improve ur setting or etc

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I’m loving the customer service in this thread. It’s kinda like they made this thread to try and get everybody to post in it and not spam the tech board; then proceed to ignore it for the past 4 months. I can’t believe the only post in this entire thread from an Anet employee is in the first one. And they want our money…. lol

Network Lag [Merged]

Mehrdad.9074

Yeah Kuju i understand they ignored us :S they want our money and …. 0 SP

Network Lag [Merged]

Corvi.3278

I’m loving the customer service in this thread. It’s kinda like they made this thread to try and get everybody to post in it and not spam the tech board; then proceed to ignore it for the past 4 months. I can’t believe the only post in this entire thread from an Anet employee is in the first one. And they want our money…. lol

haha.

We love Guild Wars 1 that’s why we’re here. I hope Anet is not doing what you are saying. :p

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Nieve.9154

Nieve.9154

Since the last big update and the removal of Wintersday I get lag everywhere. Wv3, pve, no matter what I do and with what toon. In a beginning area with hardly any players and I’m seriously lagging, skills just ticking away but nothing happening until either I am dropped from client or dead when it finally catches up. If it catches up. It’s not, I repeat NOT on my end. As it stands, I cannot play. I’m not a happy camper.

Dragonbrand

(edited by Nieve.9154)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Bastion.2457

Bastion.2457

I lag all the time on my home computer using France Telecom, but at work the connection is lovely, however they don’t use Orange France Telecom. It’s driving me nuts though, as I can’t play when at home.

Please sort this out

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: hugopal.3574

hugopal.3574

Hi

Im from mexico, i just bought this game, ive been playing PVE only with cero lag, but last night i joined structured pvp just to check it out… i dont know why but i have horrible lag spikes, like 2-40 secs, its crazy, its not my internet connection it’s just a server problem im sure, i need to know what can i do to fix it, coz its unplayable. I appreciate any help i can get,

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Link.4607

Link.4607

I’ve been getting a tonne of lag lately, making GW2 completely unplayable. I’ll use a skill, and it won’t activate for another twenty seconds or so. It’s zone specific, but the zones change. It also seems to depend on who I’m in the zone with. When I team up with a guildie from France (I’m on Desolation) in FotM I get huge amounts of lag making it unplayable (generally when I’m in a pug it’s lag free). This is also true for PvP. But in LA I’m almost always lag-free. Usually when I go to the dragon events the lag starts up again. This started I think less than a week ago, but my memory is quite bad when it comes to judging time.

I’m reluctant to post in this thread, as there have been hundreds of posts, but the devs have only posted one reply. It feels like this thread doesn’t get checked… Hopefully it does, and there are just no posts as they’re all off fixing stuff.

Network Lag [Merged]

Bastion.2457

As with all threads of this nature, they collate them into one so they can see the severity of the issue without spamming up the boards making it impossible to track.

Orange France Telecom are limiting the connection to Guild Wars 2 – Please contact them ANet and resolve it.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: kimwriter.5193

kimwriter.5193

Just adding that lag is making game play extremely difficult. I thought it was my net, but I have never had issues before now. I am not a puter guru, so I have no idea what all this fps and different settings mean, or what they do. If there is a way to reduce lag can someone spell it out for me? Lol.

Network Lag [Merged]

Bastion.2457

Since yesterday morning im getting a perfect connection on Desolation now. Not sure if anything has changed, but latency is gone for the time being.

Could you please ask everyone at ANet not to move at all now please. Don’t even make a step, it’s working fine and im able to play, so no one fiddle. -.-

(edited by Bastion.2457)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Target Name: N/A
IP: 64.25.40.122
Date/Time: 9/1/2013 10:14:48 PM

1 67 ms 73 ms [115.132.111.137]
2 259 ms N/A [10.55.200.45]
3 218 ms N/A xe-8-0-0.edge4.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [212.72.40.233]
4 238 ms N/A ae-52-52.csw2.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.69.139.185]
5 238 ms N/A ae-56-221.ebr2.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.69.153.201]
6 238 ms N/A ae-48-48.ebr2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.143.82]
7 348 ms N/A ae-44-44.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.137.78]
8 308 ms N/A ae-71-71.csw2.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.134.70]
9 * N/A [-]
10 385 ms N/A ae-3-3.ebr2.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.137.121]
11 345 ms N/A ae-92-92.csw4.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.151.165]
12 393 ms N/A ae-4-90.edge2.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.145.203]
13 444 ms N/A [4.59.197.34]
14 403 ms N/A [64.25.32.9]
15 * N/A [-]
16 421 ms N/A [64.25.32.82]
17 461 ms N/A [64.25.40.122]

Ping statistics for 64.25.40.122
Packets: Sent = 1, Received = 1, Lost = 0 (0.0%)
Round Trip Times: Minimum = 461ms, Maximum = 461ms, Average = 461ms

Lag spikes throughout WvW whenever a group of enemy players take a portal, Waypoint into the map or just load into the vicinity.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

Have similar issue as Ojimaru. My tracert works ok from Czech Republic to Dallas nodes, then it starts lagging like hell.
Skills are activating 1-2 s after I activate their buttons. Yesterday it worked all fine, problems started today.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: FYNJY.7859

FYNJY.7859

Bizarre lag issues since Wintersday’s end patch, mostly in dungeon servers(FoTM being unplayable), home server zones were fine(Desolation). Today however I’m lagging everywhere. 4-5 second delays on skills even on empty maps.

They just appeared out of nowhere, never lagged since launch. Also constantly getting 502 errors on the forums, never had that before. It’s only me experiencing this lag(Bulgaria) when all of my guildies have no such problem (mostly UK)

My internet connection remains fine and other games that require internet connection are not experiencing any lag issues.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Experiencing lag today, in PvE zones, LA, and WvW. I’ve never had issues with GW2 lagging except for the one time events… My net appears to be working fine for other stuff.

edit: I play from Serbia, and I’m also getting error 502 on the forums lately, but there was never lag in the game itself.

(edited by Satakal.6971)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Pretty insane lag here from Brisbane Queensland Aus, everything was fine up until the last month or so and its progressively gotten worse i’ts almost unplayable for me..really bad since the wintersday was removed.

when i try a speed test to Austin Texas where i read the server is i get 675ping etc that is pretty high to play with..

I am also receiving a very slow Forum and many 502 errors here..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: ramza.3548

ramza.3548

im dcing to the point i cant play the game, that why im here posting this

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Arzalis.1280

Arzalis.1280

Getting a ton of network delay and having packets drop intermittently anytime I ping the GW2 servers. After looking at a tracert and pinging each IP individually, I can safely say the problem starts with this IP address: ae-7-7.ebr3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.134.21]

I start having huge laency spikes and packet loss for any part of the route after this IP; anything before is fine. As a guess, I would assume this is the data center the GW2 servers run out of.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Shrack.8013

Shrack.8013

I’ve never had network lag since Headstart until the past few weeks. Now I am getting a ton of lag ever since the Wintersday patch which pretty much makes the game completely unplayable. I’m fine for about 30 seconds when I log on and then it just sets in into 5-20 seconds spikes. Every other online game I have runs fine and my ping is fine.

Shrack – 80 Thief
Formerly GoM, now Dragonbrand – [NEWL]

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

I never had lag or ever got DC till after the Wintersday patch.Now I DC atlest 20 times a day and the lag is so bad even when i’m playing.