Not Getting Our Mails? Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail & more.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Helpful thread for a frustrating issue!

Just wanted to give some feedback – I’ve been having trouble recently getting emails to authorize login attempts from different IP addresses (one set IP address at home, and also a mobile internet modem through a different provider. I had about a 30% success rate), and yesterday I needed to reset my password but wasn’t receiving the password reset emails. For the record, I use a hotmail address. I found this forum topic, read through the entries, added the list of email addresses provided by Gaile in a previous post to my safe senders list, then requested another password change and an email arrived within seconds allowing me to change my password. Excellent, and thanks for the advice.

I do have to mention, however, that the Password Reset email I received from noreply@guildwars2.com shows up in my hotmail inbox as from ArenaNet rather than noreply@guildwars2.com, contrary to Gaile’s note on that email address. I double checked the sender by clicking “forward email”, and the first line of the email to be forwarded is “> From: noreply@guildwars2.com” with no mention of “ArenaNet” in the sender line, so all is well. Perhaps that’s just a hotmail quirk.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the confirmation that you can amend this and for the note about the sender. I’ll go back and update my comments later. I’m glad your access is ok now and that you’re getting those critical authentication mails!

How does this look? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Not-Getting-Our-Mails-Yahoo-Gmail-Hotmail-and-more/page/2#post3274758

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Bumping to keep this visible. It’s seems to be less of an issue, but still, some players’ e-mail providers still are blocking our mails, and we’re very sorry for those that situation affects!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Bumping to keep visible.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Please be aware of this issue by reading the initial post, which may have updates since you last read it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Polarballs.5062

Polarballs.5062

I just wanted to reply to confirm that you do NOT want to mark the authenticator emails as “Not Spam” on Yahoo. My isp is constantly changing my ip address so I was having to authenticate through the emails on occasion. I marked one as not spam and have not received any since. Thanks to Anet support I was able to get back into my account.

TLDR: Anet rocks Yahoo sucks.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I travel often for work, and I happen to be traveling now, so had to authenticate my new IP address. I use Yahoo, and the authentication went to Spam. I am familiar with the Yahoo issues, being an Account Issues ‘lurker..lol’, so I moved the email in question to another folder (letters in Spam will not allow clicking of links), and added the noreply-ArenaNet address to accepted addresses, and all subsequent authentication emails have been delivered to the regular mail folder.

I am just verifying that adding addresses in Yahoo currently works. I will also mention, I have always received all other mail from ArenaNet in my regular mail folder. It is only the authentication ones that are marked as Spam by Yahoo. I’m not sure why because they often use the same ‘noreply’ address. =/

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Keeping this on front page.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Athariel.6530

Athariel.6530

Hej!
By any chance is it possible to change registration email? My friend registered his game to Yahoo and has to sit still for about 1.5-2 hrs every day before he receives confirmation email there. Or maybe there’s a workaround for this problem?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Hej!
By any chance is it possible to change registration email? My friend registered his game to Yahoo and has to sit still for about 1.5-2 hrs every day before he receives confirmation email there. Or maybe there’s a workaround for this problem?

Depending on the details, it may be possible for the team to change this. Please ask your friend to submit a ticket and an agent can look into it for him.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Is it possible to change email? I recently checked my yahoo and they told me someone tried to breach my yahoo acct but they said they “blocked” it, but for all i know they didnt do anything, after going through the forum, i’ve come to the conclusion yahoo is not to be trusted, can i change to a different email? also how do i change it if it’s possible?

Will you help me move?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Is it possible to change email? I recently checked my yahoo and they told me someone tried to breach my yahoo acct but they said they “blocked” it, but for all i know they didnt do anything, after going through the forum, i’ve come to the conclusion yahoo is not to be trusted, can i change to a different email? also how do i change it if it’s possible?

As stated right above, you would contact Customer Support and request an email change. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request. Good luck.

Posted by: Hellzarmy.5417

Hellzarmy.5417

I got a new static ip and my lottery began. A few month ago i got mails when i got a new login. Now not. So had to write support to get rid of Email auth so i could loggin and change email adress. Guess what the new also didnt work. So i had to write support again and when i get an answer i can pray that i get emails on the new new adress.

(edited by Hellzarmy.5417)

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

As stated right above, you would contact Customer Support and request an email change. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request. Good luck.

thanks just submitted a ticket.

Will you help me move?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

shameless bump
Keeping this on the front page

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Bump to first page.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

people should see this on the front page!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

Bump to first page

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Punt

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Microsoft Outlook elitist friend just quit the game because he couldn’t get an authentication e-mail

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com