Paid 100 euros, got nothing....

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: neighty.8760

neighty.8760

(Apparently the screenshots don’t open up so please use the URLs to open them)

As the title says, I paid 100 euros for the ultimate version of the game. Specifically I attempted to do so via Paysafecard. Before I went to buy a paysafecard, I checked if everything was ok, I selected my country: Greece, put all my infos and selected the PSC method. Everything was just fine, the PSC page opened up and asked me to put code f 100 euros. Happily, I went and spent 100 euros that I was given the same day from my parents as a birthday gift. After I returned and tried to buy the expansion, when I put in the code this message popped up.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/67JcLnN.png[/img]

I contacted GW2 support right away and waited for a response, what I got is… “sorry for the inconvenience but we can’t help you so you will have to buy the expansion from a store”. I didn’t even receive any useful feedback or advice. I just spent 100 euros for this expansion and all I get is “go buy it again”. That’s a shame, getting such poor feedback when all I wanted was to help the company with my return to the game by buying the most expensive version instead of the simple expansion. I made this topic hoping that the staff of GW2 will reward me the expansion since more people would see it than just 1 person that replies mails. Of course, I could be a random guy trying to get a free expansion just like that… but no. I have proof I spent money for this and I ALSO have proof that its GW2’s fault for not informing its clients of the inability to purchase via specific methods (in my case PSC from Greece).

In this screenshot you see I have chosen Greece as my country but PSC method can be selected manually, even if you click the method no message pops up warning you about the inability to buy with PSC from Greece.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2vKkvpW.png[/img]

In this one, you see I am about to finish buying the product and all I need to click is payment, it is clear that my total balance is 100 euros which I had just went and spent.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SA2Vkvl.png[/img]

Here is also proof that I spent money for the expansion on the exact time.
See both pictures, the first one shows CET time and the second one GMT+2 (Greece)
[img]http://i.imgur.com/bFtIHgS.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KmOBOxC.png[/img]
On the second screenshot you see the auto-reply you get from contacting GW2 happening 20 minutes after the transaction of the 100 euros into my PSC account.

I think I have enough proof showing my intentions to buy the expansion and I also prove how it is GW2’s fault it doesn’t inform it customers before they go buy things for nothing. I REALLY hope things can work out since installing the expansion into an account shouldn’t cost the company anything. And if the case was, me trying to scam you, I believe I have proven I am solid. In the end, if GW2 doesn’t help out, then I am sorry and I am sad. I would love to spend money on this game since I love it like hell, but if the company doesn’t care for their customers individually and only cares when big numbers are unsatisfied, there is no reason to continue serving this game since it just faces me like crap.

(apparently the screenshots don’t open up so please use the URLs to open them)

(edited by neighty.8760)

Posted by: Vienna.1579

Vienna.1579

sad story & arrogant response from GW2 support. I had a similar problem a year ago by some other online video game with Mastercard SmartPayCard (prepaid card), where the Mastercard option payment did not work, regardless that they had written that they do support that payment option. In the end I had no other choice than to look for some other payment option which they had support as Skrill,.., where they had accept SmartPayCard and through them I was able to make a payment. You might also check other online shops for the ultimate version which accept paysafecard.

(edited by Vienna.1579)

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

This is why I would have contacted customer support in the first place and confirmed the payment type. At least if something went wrong, you could use their wording against them as a means to get leverage, if they stuffed up and lead you up the wrong payment method. You could try contacting paysafe, or alternatively find one of the Guild Wars 2 approve resellers and buy via them. I hope you get a solution to your problem.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

neighty.8760

Ye I was really pumped up to buy the expansion, I don’t know why I would ask them about anything, i mean every time you donate for a game you ask if its possible first? Anyway thanks for the advice guys really. Also how to look other sellers and how do I now they can be trusted??

neighty.8760

KK I went to g2a to buy the simple version but still they on’t accept PSC. I think no-one accepts PSC anymore .

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

KK I went to g2a to buy the simple version but still they on’t accept PSC. I think no-one accepts PSC anymore .

I would not buy at g2a. Many complaint here about bad key and account suspend or ban. You can find GW2 authorize seller on this page.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/

;)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might have Googled whether Digital River (ArenaNet’s payment provider) allows paysafecards to be used for GW2.

There have been quite a few threads about the subject here on the forums, and its always been a no-go, especially from Greece.

You, as a responsible consumer, can (and should) read this statement which is available on every purchase page:

https://buy.guildwars2.com/store/defaults/el_GR/DisplayDRTermsAndConditionsPage

If you want to pursue this, I suggest you follow the instructions found therein.

Good luck.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

So the OP is blaming Anet for not excepting Paysafe cards. It’s your fault you didn’t check to see what method of payment Anet excepts you need to contact Paysafe see if you can get your money back, this is not up to Anet to help you as fare as I can tell you made a mistake deal with it. Always check the online perchase site for any game, retailer, or service to see witch method of payment they except, don’t assume anything

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/paysafecard-now-accepted-in-gem-store/

Paysafe cards are only able to be used for gem store purchases (ie. gems) in select countries, from what I can see.

(edited by Llethander.3972)

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I don’t see how Anet can help you since you didn’t buy anything from Anet.
You bought a PaySafe card and that was not accepted as a payment method.
You should be aware that since capital controls were imposed on banks in
Greece,PaySafe is not accepted for payments in most sites/online shops.
I’m sure you can use a credit card though.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Try contacting paysafe for a refund, and play nice. When I purchased the expansion for FFXIV I bought the wrong version from the SE store, not the Steam version. After a few nice mails and proving I didn’t use the code I got a refund. This was for a digital copy too.

Being nice and not ranting on a post goes along way.