Permanently Banned for Modifying or Tampering with game.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: PCoraJr.7526

PCoraJr.7526

I want to say one Name in this bunch I know would never modify the game. However there are 3 names in the bunch that i personally reported all 3 with screen shots I have posted and 2 with videos in other thread. Before crying poor me and submit a ticket look back and think if you exploited in some way and also remember anet are humans humans make mistakes. If your innocent all will be right if not… your screwed.

This right here. This is why Anet Cannot reply on the public to be doing the policing of bot. You get the Hall monitor effect. This is probably why most of us got banned because of trigger happy people reporting other just because said person think he is not the bot reporting expert.

Lucrezia

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Uh huh.

No. ANet has been pretty obvious in stating that if a banning happens, it normally happens with them looking at each individual instance and judging it on a case by case basis. They aren’t ban happy they aren’t quick to the draw and most likely the large lock out is due to something either buggy or them hitting a large amount of botters at once.

This is potentially a bug with something or other. We’re not sure. We’ll see soon.

However, he reason they aren’t replying right now is it’s 7 in the god darn morning my time, 4 in the morning their time. They’re sleeping hopefully.

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

I want to say one Name in this bunch I know would never modify the game. However there are 3 names in the bunch that i personally reported all 3 with screen shots I have posted and 2 with videos in other thread. Before crying poor me and submit a ticket look back and think if you exploited in some way and also remember anet are humans humans make mistakes. If your innocent all will be right if not… your screwed.

This right here. This is why Anet Cannot reply on the public to be doing the policing of bot. You get the Hall monitor effect. This is probably why most of us got banned because of trigger happy people reporting other just because said person think he is not the bot reporting expert.

No it isn’t, you could be reported a thousand times and not get banned. You can’t use the excuse ‘trigger happy people reporting’ as the reason you got banned. I’m not saying that you’re guilty or not,but that is not a valid reason.

(edited by Veeber.3192)

Posted by: DeadroseK.3691

DeadroseK.3691

Hi, i just tried to log in the game but got the same problem. Permanent ban for “modifying or tampering”. Any clues if your accounts have been fixed yet?

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Submit a ticket. Everyone in this thread should submit a ticket. They can’t know if something is wrong with your account unless you do. So get to it. :P

Posted by: Panda.5847

Panda.5847

nope just summit a ticket and i guess wait for an update xo

Posted by: filiz.2819

filiz.2819

I have the same problem as well. To be honest, I play it in China but i am not Chinese.I study in university.and I used latency program yesterday because i generally have lag.It delays 6, 8,10 seconds or a minute.and I was trying to log in today.I couldnt.I saw " my account terminated for modifying or tampering with the game ".this is really disturbing.But if i was banned because of the latency program.I am really Sorry for that.I hope i get my account back. Best Regards. —- 10/13/2012 03:45 AM [Incident: 121013-001167] —-

Posted by: doublehappy.3621

doublehappy.3621

However, he reason they aren’t replying right now is it’s 7 in the god darn morning my time, 4 in the morning their time. They’re sleeping hopefully.

I just don’t agree with that, they sold a product internationally. They should support the international community as a whole, whats wrong with shft work, even if it is for a skeleton Customer Support team to simply be able to make the responses to all of us that have logged tickets with acknowledgments, progress reports etc.

There are so many cost effective solutions to ensure 24 support, using the old Ohh they are asleep hog wash is simply that. I bought this game off a serious international developer not from the garage of some IT hotshot.

(edited by doublehappy.3621)

Posted by: brumhardtwarrior.3894

brumhardtwarrior.3894

I Have te same problem here, and that’s really annoying.
Hope to have my account back soon.
We need support. We paid for this.
You say that gw2 will be the best game, and to have it, you need to do a better support to players. Like Blizzard actually do for example.

Just hope you will fix this bug soon.

Posted by: marcherb.4052

marcherb.4052

While I understand and accept that there can always be issues or problems, what I find annoying is the lack of response or update, if this is a bug or an error we need to be told that and then sit back and wait for it to be fixed, if it is not an error,, we also need to be told that and we get on with our lives but total silence is not an answer, especially when we can see cc Eva is on and closing down threads and answering others, swo we know there is someone there who should be able to give us an update

Posted by: Renato.3045

Renato.3045

I got the same but a different message

Attachments:

Posted by: Raoh.4502

Raoh.4502

I have had my account restored 4 hours after i submitted my ticket.
They ve reseted my pw and all is fine now.

Thx for the quick response on customer service side

Arborstone – [GN]
La Garde Noire

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

Previous

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Next

Hi everyone.

We understand that this is a major issue for all of you but Mike and the other members of the security team are working actively on this to fix it. They will keep you updated as soon as they discover what is causing this.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Renato.3045

your r lucky man, my ticket was opened 3 days ago, and I still cant play!

PCoraJr.7526

your r lucky man, my ticket was opened 3 days ago, and I still cant play!

Agree I’m glad some people are getting their issues resolved, maybe its because he is in a different country, who are being served by different team therefore having different Que

Lucrezia

marcherb.4052

Thanks for posting Eva, at least we know you are looking.

Posted by: seeker.6105

seeker.6105

I really didn’t want to do this – coming on here and griping. I know that everyone’s got their problems and I am normally the last guy who wants to complain about things. However, ANet, I’ve never used any kind of bug in the game, even knowing many, and today, for my surprise, my account has been suspended due to ‘unauthorized access.’
That never happened to me. I do not have characters with abusive names, or even missed with respect to any other player, then I believe it is an error or bug. Please give me a position on what happened, or if I REALLY was banned.
Lately I’ve been having connection problems, but I do not think this is the problem.

Please, i need help with this problem!!!!!!!

Attachments:

Renato.3045

ye, but this is already going beyond patience, I am a business man, who owns a company, I imagine if I could just to it to one of my customers, like cut access to the product they bought with no reason, dont simply respond to their inquiries, I would be sued right away. I understand technical issues, but leave the customer without an reasonable explanation (at least respond the ticket in a reasonable time) is a total lack of respect by the company towards their customers. Sorry Eva, but Anet support has to show us some improvements, there are other games, I wont say names, that this can be solved in minutes, with a snap of a finger. Come on Anet show us some respect. We would appreciate it!

brumhardtwarrior.3894

Same error here, look at some posts out there in the forum.
People like you and me have the same problem. They said that they are looking for the bug and they will resolve it.
Have a nice day

brumhardtwarrior.3894

I quote Renato aswell.

marcherb.4052

As this is now obviously a technical issue, maybe it might be a good idea to concentrate on re-instating the accounts affected AND THEN sort the problem at your end.

Posted by: Sassyboy.1534

Sassyboy.1534

no offence to eva, i know she is just doing her job but after about 13 hours ‘’They will keep you updated as soon as they discover what is causing this.’’ doesn’t really reassure me this is gonna get sorted before monday rolls around the corner.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

This just happened to my wife’s account as well. Coming back home from a long day’s work, looking forward to playing together, and she gets the same message – account been terminated due to tampering with the game. with NO warning whatsoever! At least we know now it’s a wide-spread problem. Hopefully ANet will be able to figure this out ASAP and that everyone’s account isn’t truly “terminated”. Surely they have backup files and what not, no?

all eyes on you ANet. We know you guys are working hard. Hope to hear soon again.

p.s. for those who said they received the same message, my wife can’t even log into the forums right now / or sign in with her ANet account anywhere.. how are you guys doing so? just logged on like normal?

added: and of course, she’s been as legit as a player can be. we report bots and spammers and gold-sellers as often as we can to, hoping to creating a better place and helping ANet’s cause.. so can’t help but feel pretty disappointed about this. fingers crossed.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I see EndlessDreamer came back with his rhetoric of -Submit a ticket ‘n’ wait hurr-. People have put in tickets and we have gotten a generic reply for it at the start. Then almost a whole day for some people another -We are looking into it- generic reply again. The least they could do is look at the tickets of those in this thread that keep coming back to post at the least. Restore at least a few accounts on a case by case basis here in this thread while the bug is looked at as a whole.

I know for a fact my ticket still hasn’t been looked at. Even after posting in this thread and even making note I am waiting for it to happen. Even though they have my bloody cell and can call me. Mmorpg’s the only customer service of a larger company that gets away with refusing to have a phone service support line. Don’t call us we’ll call you. Gotta love gamers the only market group to see this as -okay- just because it isn’t their -direct- problem yet.

Eva, is just doing their job probably but it doesn’t matter. Because those around her/him should be allowing more to be said and more of us should have been gotten back to by now. It’s the bloody stinking weekend and I am missing all my playtime during the BEST TIME OF THE WEEK to get any in. Likely to be without any real bone thrown to us when this is over. =/

The real sad issue for is beyond one ticket with dungeon armor? They’ve actually responded to my tickets even the trivial stuff FASTER then something that is clearly far more important to everyone here. Guess I can’t have 3 out 4 eh?

Posted by: Phunky.7190

Phunky.7190

Account teminated for no reason and very little response from ticket
Very dissapointed with this service and lack of communication…

Posted by: DevilBlack.4631

DevilBlack.4631

Same problem here.. come onnnnn Anet.. help us soon.. we want to playyyyy!!!

Posted by: chulaire.7083

chulaire.7083

Yep. Happened to me too. sigh =(

Posted by: Monzie.3547

Monzie.3547

I reported this issue yesterday afternoon and have not had any type of reply. Had a gw2 party planned for today but looks like I will not get to participate. Would just like an update on what the issue is and estimated time to fix.

Posted by: Kryadan.2465

Kryadan.2465

Is it possible the bots are somehow reporting legitmate players. How the tides have turned…….

Posted by: Kadolam.2439

Kadolam.2439

Yep, this happened to me last night also. I was playing just fine around 3:30 pm cst. Logged back in at 10pm and get the “You’ve been banned message”. Glad to see it was wasn’t just me…well, not really glad but you know what I mean.

KorKor.9452

This incident has also highlighted to me another problem with the gaming or rather the MMORPG world. Pretty much everyone is either fanboyish or jaded/apathetic on this kinda topic. That is except the victims of the current bug or problem whatever it might be. This even kinda extends to friends in a way who’d never say that about you with any other aspect of your life that they’d say here about it during this incident.

You have the fanboys who are a major problem with anything gaming. They worship the ground of whatever current company they’ve latched onto. That company is always right, can do no wrong, should always be given more time, etc etc. So they make it really hard to not get annoyed/worked up against them when trying to put forth a problem to be solved or an idea that could help the game along. The fanboys also spam their own ideas they think are personally good. —-- Either way when a problem like this happens they will always side with the company.

The jaded/apathetic are those that see it as not their problem, that you probably did do something wrong to deserve it, stuff along those lines. They see no issue even with the fact it could take weeks for a problem to be solved all the while the victims are left feeling out in the cold by the company but even more so the community. It doesn’t effect them personally so who cares? Problem is you need community support in any community for anything to get changed for better or worse.

The real sad issue is that more so then any other community I’ve been apart of it is magnified in the gaming world. So much so that I’ve seen friends even have these kinds of attitudes toward it. Today was a great example of that. I spoke to one of my over the top positive friends today who on many other topics always gives you the benefit of the doubt or is often on your side. Yet, when I told him about the issue his first reaction was that I had done something wrong. Till I kinda thumped him upside the head to remind him who he was speaking with. Yet, afterward he treated it very much so as something that will get fixed -sooner or later- and why nudge even a positive comment in support of those wrong their way at all? So that it seems like more then just the victims of said problem care. Which never hurts on a case front for anything.

I guess it is because MMORPG’s are a purely online thing and the net is a very apathic, jaded, and prickish place that we see this hardcore here. Doesn’t make it right though. =/

PCoraJr.7526

I agree KorKor this hole experience has been one of the worst i have had in the 20 10+ year of my MMORPG playing time.

And still we are here with no ETA on when this will be fixed.

Lucrezia

Posted by: OsSeGu.6407

OsSeGu.6407

Hello everyone,

I got banned too, and 4 hours after i sent the ticked i got an answer, telling me my account had been restored. I used the spanish support tho, so this might be why i got it so fast… It seems that they are really working on it and reviewing the cases 1 by 1, so good luck everyone! =)

Posted by: caliselina.9416

caliselina.9416

I am also struggling with this issue. Last night, my account was working and then this morning, it says my account has been permanently disabled due to “modifying and tampering with the game”
I have never once tried to tamper with Guild Wars, nor do I know how. I did not receive any in game notification on such grounds prior to this morning and despite trying to contact GW through their support pages, Reddit, Facebook and Twitter, it has been so far ignored.
I have put a lot of effort into this game and a hell of a lot of money as I purchase gems to convert into gold (saving for tier 3 human cultural armour) and I find this whole farce to be appalling. I would very much like to be presented with whatever ‘evidence’ Guild Wars have that suggests I have tampered with the game.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

Read the reps post guys. They are working on a fix for it.

Posted by: Hardcore.5348

Hardcore.5348

Here is the thing. I am sure they can’t just start unbanning people for the fear they will just get banned again from whatever is causing it. Wasted reasources on their part in doing that. We just have to be patient untill, they find the cause. Some things are not so easy to find, the game is a big animal.

Why no ETA or response to tickets? They have probably not found the cause yet. You can’t report anything or have an ETA if you have no cause.

I know it blows. I had plans for the weekend gaming as well. =/

brumhardtwarrior.3894

I wrote this morning and still nothing. Bah.
A day lost waiting for support.
I hope it will be fixed soon.

Posted by: SacRed.8067

SacRed.8067

When i try starting the game i encounter following error today: guild wars 2 account has been terminated for modifying or tampering with the game,which is a breach of the user agreement and rules of conduct.this action is permanent.Please help.

(edited by SacRed.8067)

KorKor.9452

@Hardcore — A few people have already been unbanned or at the very least had their tickets commented on. Yet, I am speaking to a friend right now I was supposed to be playing with THIS WEEKEND but yet cannot for a very lousy reason.

What makes it worse is my other ticket on a dungeon issue just got a response. The issue was put forth not long before this one and in fact almost the same day. Yet, my supposed to be escalated ticket reported in the manner requested by the system for such things? The one that has information to get personally ahold of me that they asked for? Ya, that ticket remains 100% ignored. So at this stage I’m started to build a very good want to headbutt someone kinda mood.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

Guys, PLEASE read the Community reps response before you post. They know about it and are working on a fix as a priority.

Renato.3045

sorry, fix is taking more than 3 days for me….. and they dont answer tickets, this is lack of respect, I didnt buy horse kitten, I bought a game with support and I am not getting any… Anet, this is unprofessional, disrespectfull I dont even know if I wanna play no more, I want my money back, if I can get this option. And this is no bullkitten, I got a lvl 80 char, got many hours farming gears, but I want to go back to wow, at least there, I got some respect from blizzard

Posted by: Nekode Katsuye.3918

Nekode Katsuye.3918

I have also got banned in this way. The game worked Friday morning just fine and then I try to log in today and it was terminated. I put in a ticket, hopefully this issue get fixed. Glad I am not the only one with this issue. I also was having the lag and rubberband effect the last few days I was playing, which sucked.

Attachments:

(edited by Nekode Katsuye.3918)

Posted by: IcedMind.6382

IcedMind.6382

To everyone. I know this is unfortunate, and not at the best of times but we have to just let the team work. I don’t think it’s really productive, nor needed to keep posting how horrible you feel. Trust me, I hate this just as much as you, but they’re trying. Just give it some time, they will get it fixed. As big as this thread has gotten, I’m sure that they’re working as fast as they can.

Also, as an addendum, I’m not wanting this post to spark anything nor am I calling anyone out.

Hope this gets fixed soon

EDIT: And yes, I am being affected by this as well

(edited by IcedMind.6382)

Posted by: Hols.4968

Hols.4968

I’m in line as well.

Now I have some free time to play BF3.

Posted by: Betefico.6790

Betefico.6790

Same story here. No gaming utility devices, 10 mins after the wvw reset, screen went black, i restart the game, bam, terminated.

Submitted one ticket in the error category, one in the account issues category.

just waiting now.

Posted by: Hustin.2480

Hustin.2480

has anybody got this fixed yet? if not does anybody have an ETA of when it might be?

Posted by: caliselina.9416

caliselina.9416

Whilst I understand and appreciate the point people are making about how the staff are doing their best to resolve these issues, I still find this service appalling.
The only information I have seen from a member of staff or even acknowledgement that there is an issue, was a short post from Eva and Mike on this forum, which I was kindly directed to by another user with this problem. Yes, I did receive a generic “thank you for your ticket” email but would it not perhaps have been a nice gesture of ANet to send out a message via their social network pages to let people know they’re having these issues? This whole debacle does not inspire much confidence should future issues arise.

(edited by caliselina.9416)

Posted by: Marcelosss.2609

Marcelosss.2609

please, Anet, keep us updated. how long is it gonna take? we want to know. i am having this problem since tomorrow.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I just hope we are compensated for this lost time. That is, if we ever do get unbanned. I’ve been doing the daily everyday since launch, and i missed yesterday’s and now it looks like i’ll miss all weekend. Sigh.

KorKor.9452

Ya, the missing all weekend is killer.