Permanently Banned for Modifying or Tampering with game.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JeEDeE.7013

JeEDeE.7013

the same thing here and no one respond

Posted by: Renato.3045

Renato.3045

please, Anet, keep us updated. how long is it gonna take? we want to know. i am having this problem since tomorrow.

lol since tomorrow?

Posted by: Marcelosss.2609

Marcelosss.2609

please, Anet, keep us updated. how long is it gonna take? we want to know. i am having this problem since tomorrow.

lol since tomorrow?

ahahahhaha, woops my bad. since this morning*

Posted by: MikeLewis

Previous

MikeLewis

Lead Gameplay Programmer

Next

Hi all,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the turnaround time on this matter. As you are aware, this occurred on a Friday evening for us here at ArenaNet, and for hopefully obvious reasons that complicates the timing of things. However, I’ve managed to identify the origin of this problem and have taken steps to correct for it.

While I’m here, I’d like to address a few concerns that have come up in this thread.

First and foremost: we do not issue automatic bans based solely on player reports. All player reports are investigated and bans are issued where appropriate. There is no reason to worry about other players maliciously and falsely reporting you; our policy is to consider hard evidence, not simply anecdotal reports.

Secondly: identifying and solving this problem is a largely technical issue, and involves many confidential aspects of our systems. Please understand that we cannot detail the process that goes into working on issues like this because of their sensitive nature. I apologize that we cannot provide frequent updates, but the fact of the matter is that we face a difficult choice between spending time updating here and actually solving the problem at hand. I trust we can all agree that solving the problem itself should take priority ;-)

Third: the root issue behind this situation was a technical failure. Obviously I cannot go into detail, but the bottom line is that our entirely human reviewed banning procedure was conducted based on corrupt data. We review all evidence prior to issuing account terminations for tampering with the game; in this situation, our evidence was incorrect. I am actively working on improving our procedures to ensure we are less likely to make incorrect conclusions based on faulty data in the future.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Renato.3045

lol since tomorrow?

ahahahhaha, woops my bad. since this morning*

lol horray!!!!!

Posted by: PCoraJr.7526

PCoraJr.7526

Thank You Mike Lewis, I really appreciate the update and hope that we can soon be back in game.

Lucrezia

Posted by: Kadolam.2439

Kadolam.2439

Thank you Mike and team!

Posted by: MikeLewis

Previous

MikeLewis

Lead Gameplay Programmer

Next

I just realized I didn’t actually say this in my post: I’ve gathered a list of accounts affected by this bug and reversed the account terminations. Everyone in this group should be good to go.

Renato.3045

Tks, Mike, however, I got this going on in my account since Thursday, and I got a different message from the others, I am suspended and not terminated. We all agree you should spend time solving the problem, however, this shouldnt be your job, you may have go think this is the first of many issues and technical problems you will go through, and we have nothing to do with your lack of staff. You need a better support! And yes, you need to keep working into solving this AND keep us updated, cause we are not your friend, we are customers. How much this game costs a licence? How many people should be there to answer our frustrated kitten today? Sorry man, as I said, I understand technical issues ans whatever problem, but what I cant understand is why Anet takes 3 days or more to answer a support ticket, mine wanst anwered yet, you dont have to tell any of us, what the hell is going on with your confidential software, we dont care about it, what we care is about customer service and about the weekend we spared to play, and now we wait and hope, ask like if it was a favor, begging for some info. Come on!!!! If its not your job, ask someone to answer our inquiries, like any other respectful company would do.

Renato.3045

by the way my account is still SUSPENDED

Posted by: marcherb.4052

marcherb.4052

I posted my ticket about the ban 14 hours ago and heard nothing but my account is now active ATM

PCoraJr.7526

@ Mike it seems then that my account was not part of this bug? im still getting the banned notification upon log in.

Lucrezia

Posted by: Hols.4968

Hols.4968

Thanks for the response and quick fix at least for me. Hopefully the others will get theirs sorted out soon.

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

@Mike

That right there is all anyone really and including myself was really ever asking for in the first place. Someone or rather anyone to come forward with something that did not seem like a generic standard reply.

We understand it started during the weekend and we get that we will never be allowed to see everything. That part was really never in question. I know how much it can suck to have a weekend taken from you. It was just the fact that it kinda seemed like we were hanging out to dry. As that is the feeling that gets conveyed with a standardized reply. Even if you can’t release everything or lack a reason yet? People need something besides a standardized reply. A person here just coming in and giving a personal comment every few hours or so would have done wonders. That is all people including myself were really asking for. Even if that person was not of your department. Just a friendly face sorta speak that would shoot around with the fans just a little during a large crisis from the customer support area. Doesn’t have to be a developer or technical support expert.

Also that information on the banning system? That is fantastic to hear that the human element is still there. As with many systems like the X-box live system it is all but gone. Plus we all read the horror stories on Reddit, twitter, facebook, and on these forums about the game. I’m sure some people have really done something wrong. However it is hard to believe that all of them did. It really is.

Heck, it really couldn’t hurt to take something like this reply with the explanations within it? And paste it up somewhere in a more detailed fashion for everyone to see as a more permanent record. Not just about this issue but how your banning system will always have the human element and such. Some would say it can hurt to say to much. I’d disagree and say giving people at least the small tidbits like you just did here. Can go a really really long way in easing players minds.

I’m sorry if some like me seemed a little overboard but as I said we all read things on your forums every day and we have no information from your side most of the time to compare it with. We’ve spent alot of time invested in our accounts and they’ve become personal. The idea of getting it back and for some reason losing things or just outright losing it… Like so many others is just a horrid thought.

Sorry, your weekend was ruined but write up some more little tidbits for us my friend. Before things happen and it will go a long way easing the minds of people when it does. Thanks for the reply though.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I’m now unbanned. Thanks Mike. I hope everyone else gets unbanned too. Just be patient.

Posted by: Uriel Saintclair.6345

Uriel Saintclair.6345

I just realized I didn’t actually say this in my post: I’ve gathered a list of accounts affected by this bug and reversed the account terminations. Everyone in this group should be good to go.

OMG! Thank you very very very much i owe you my gratitude! <3 you! no kitten bro :P

Thieve’s spam heartseeker on my sanctuary.
Guild: None Mercenary
SoR since day 1

Posted by: Hardcore.5348

Hardcore.5348

@Mike and the team

Thanks for the hard work, back up and running.

Posted by: IronWolf.2835

IronWolf.2835

Mike and team, thank you for the relatively quick turn around time, and reverted the accounts! Over a weekend, and I too am in software, I know it’s not always easy, so thank you.

Posted by: Nekode Katsuye.3918

Nekode Katsuye.3918

Thank you Mike Lewis and to your team.

Posted by: DevilBlack.4631

DevilBlack.4631

solved here thanks for everything

Posted by: Lady Gallo Of Devi.7409

Lady Gallo Of Devi.7409

Thank you, Mike. My issue has been resolved.

Posted by: MeNtEkApTo.8291

MeNtEkApTo.8291

Thanks dude. Now I can play again.

Charr Engineer/Revenant
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Zaythien.7240

Zaythien.7240

Thanks Mike for fixing the issue!

Posted by: caliselina.9416

caliselina.9416

Thankfully my account is now back up and running! Thank you very much for reactivating it, it is very much appreciated! I almost came close go actually going out and having a social life, it was a close call but I can comfortably go back to holing myself up with my room with a cup of tea and Guild Wars!

(edited by caliselina.9416)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thankfully my account is now back up and running! Thank you very much for reactivating it, it is very much appreciated! I almost came close go actually going out and having a social life, it was a close call but I can comfortably go back to holing myself up with my room with a cup of tea and Guild Wars!

Whoa, a narrow miss, but we’re happy you’re back in Tyria.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Tks, Mike, however, I got this going on in my account since Thursday, and I got a different message from the others, I am suspended and not terminated. We all agree you should spend time solving the problem, however, this shouldnt be your job, you may have go think this is the first of many issues and technical problems you will go through, and we have nothing to do with your lack of staff. You need a better support! And yes, you need to keep working into solving this AND keep us updated, cause we are not your friend, we are customers. How much this game costs a licence? How many people should be there to answer our frustrated kitten today? Sorry man, as I said, I understand technical issues ans whatever problem, but what I cant understand is why Anet takes 3 days or more to answer a support ticket, mine wanst anwered yet, you dont have to tell any of us, what the hell is going on with your confidential software, we dont care about it, what we care is about customer service and about the weekend we spared to play, and now we wait and hope, ask like if it was a favor, begging for some info. Come on!!!! If its not your job, ask someone to answer our inquiries, like any other respectful company would do.

Hi. This sound very much not your situation is not part of the issue that folks experienced last evening/early this morning. Support will be answering you very soon, and it’s not likely to take three days at all! (The 3+ day thread is for those situations far outside the norm; most situations are resolved in 24-48 hours.)

If you continue to have an issue, you can post in the Tickets for Review thread above. I just feel sure this will all be worked out for you before you need to do that, and again, your particular situation was unrelated to the issue outlined in this thread.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Jethro.3798

Jethro.3798

Yes my account is back up and good to go

Thanks Mike and ANet team.

Cherish all you have left

Posted by: doublehappy.3621

doublehappy.3621

Secondly: identifying and solving this problem is a largely technical issue, and involves many confidential aspects of our systems. Please understand that we cannot detail the process that goes into working on issues like this because of their sensitive nature. I apologize that we cannot provide frequent updates, but the fact of the matter is that we face a difficult choice between spending time updating here and actually solving the problem at hand. I trust we can all agree that solving the problem itself should take priority ;-)

Thanks Mike my account is back to normal again…

However I dont fully agree with this. While everything you say is true, I assume your customer Service reps on the forum are not the ones actually working on solving this Technical issue. I think the majority of us here are not looking for it to be solved, or a explanation in detail as to what has happened, although this of course would be the ideal. But what we are asking for, crying out for is just more communication.

Whats wrong with letting us know, yes we have foudn a problem at our end and we are working hard to fix it for you. Assure your customer that you are actively working on it, not just assume we know you are.

Tell us that the eta on a fix could be 24 to 48 hours. as Upset as alot of us would be, it is better to know than sit at the computer all day in some hope that it may get fixed, not wanting to go ouit in case I miss it getting fixed.

I think this comment from Eva sums it all up.

Hi everyone.

We understand that this is a major issue for all of you but Mike and the other members of the security team are working actively on this to fix it. They will keep you updated as soon as they discover what is causing this.

Again, thanks for your patience.

What was the need for the “but” You understand this is a major Issue for us, But because you are working on it it makes everything OK? it reads with such dis-concern.

“We understand that this is a major issue for all of you.
Mike and the other members of the security team are working actively on this to fix it”
No need for the but.

Love the game guys, love GW, just feeling very disappointed knowing if I have another problem I simply cant bank on Anet to give me the support I expect from a supplier.

Thanks again for fixing the issue.

Posted by: cristelle.3468

cristelle.3468

thank you my account is back up

Posted by: brumhardtwarrior.3894

brumhardtwarrior.3894

Thanks, my account is now avalaible.
:)

Posted by: chulaire.7083

chulaire.7083

All back to normal now. Thanks Anet! =)

Posted by: Red.2986

Red.2986

All permanent ban bot back to the game again
I did not use a third-party account has been permanently banned.
This practice is in is stupid.

PCoraJr.7526

@Red.2986 I don’t think the two are related. From what they explained the later bug was confirmed and only affected people since friday afternoon. In my case or probably your as well is different. I got banned i think back on wednesday or thursday.

Lucrezia

Posted by: JeEDeE.7013

JeEDeE.7013

my account is still terminated please check

Renato.3045

Hi. This sound very much not your situation is not part of the issue that folks experienced last evening/early this morning. Support will be answering you very soon, and it’s not likely to take three days at all! (The 3+ day thread is for those situations far outside the norm; most situations are resolved in 24-48 hours.)

If you continue to have an issue, you can post in the Tickets for Review thread above. I just feel sure this will all be worked out for you before you need to do that, and again, your particular situation was unrelated to the issue outlined in this thread.

Thanks for understanding.

Hi, i have posted on 3+ day thread yesterday, and sill no answer. Still suspended 4 day and rising!

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

I’m sure a lot of ban is probably you are hacked but stealth. Means that the hacker won’t change your password but they use your account to farm and advertise until you log on they get booted out.

Soon you get your account back, change your password ASAP.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Renato.3045

lol this might be some kind of joke, after 4 days and the account goes on suspended, this is the answer I get from my ticket, and my answer for the lame answer……

Customer Renato Ferreira via CSS Web 10/14/2012 12:01 PM

My account is still suspended, I have read all the documents about conducts and policies, and I didnt brake any rule. Its being 4 days since I got this problem and opened this tkt, it should be solved already, I dont need answers for things are unsolved, pla respond next time with somethin like, “we have reviwed your situation and your account is unsuspended, we appologize for the inconvenience” or " you are suspended because you have done whatever that broke our rules" this kind of answer wont help me nor the game play for other customers that are having similar issues. Regards, frustrated customer!

Response GM Lloyd via Email 10/14/2012 11:21 AM

Hello again,

If you are receiving this message, it should be because you have recently appealed action to block your Guild Wars 2 account.

NCsoft Account Support has many such appeals to process in a short amount of time. We are working as fast as we can.

Some of you may receive this message twice. If you do, it’s because multiple petitions were filed asking for help. Going forward, please file one support petition and update it with new information if you have any to provide. Multiple tickets cause confusion and can delay replies.

Some accounts might already be unblocked. If you haven’t tried to log in to Guild Wars 2 since the block was in place, please try again. If the issue is resolved, please reply to this message and let us know if you are still unable to log in to Guild Wars 2.

For additional information, please visit the following links for the Rules of Conduct, the User Agreement, and the Conduct Breaches & Outcomes:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

Lame answer renato? I suggest you reread the reply. They have stated that their appeals queue is lengthy right now and you need to wait. Your suspension was for a completely different reason than the problems this thread is addressing.

Renato.3045

Lame answer renato? I suggest you reread the reply. They have stated that their appeals queue is lengthy right now and you need to wait. Your suspension was for a completely different reason than the problems this thread is addressing.

My account has being suspended for 4 days, and I gave them no reason to do it, this should be solved in minutes not in a week, and I should be playing by now. Some other games you open a support ticket and they call you in minutes, solving the problems you have. GW2 was supposed to be the best mmorpg of all times, how could it be, with this kind of customer support?

Renegadeimp.8439

The thing is you dont know what reason they had to suspend/ban the account. They replied to you stating that the appeals queue is lengthy and you need to wait.

NCsoft Account Support has many such appeals to process in a short amount of time. We are working as fast as we can.

If you are still anxious to know why, you can post in the stickied thread for tickets that are more than 3 days old. A rep will personally investigate your ticket then.

Also read: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Permanently-Banned-for-Modifying-or-Tampering-with-game/page/4#post425493 where a community rep replied specifically to your issue.

Renato.3045

The thing is you dont know what reason they had to suspend/ban the account. They replied to you stating that the appeals queue is lengthy and you need to wait.

If you are still anxious to know why, you can post in the stickied thread for tickets that are more than 3 days old. A rep will personally investigate your ticket then.

Also read: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Permanently-Banned-for-Modifying-or-Tampering-with-game/page/4#post425493 where a community rep replied specifically to your issue.

I have read this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Permanently-Banned-for-Modifying-or-Tampering-with-game/page/4#post425493 and have posted on 3+ days tickets post, as I said 4 days AND COUNTING. I dont need words, I need solutions!

Renegadeimp.8439

Ok. So youre ignoring what we say and what a rep has said. Good luck to you. I hope your issue gets resolved.

Renato.3045

Ok. So youre ignoring what we say and what a rep has said. Good luck to you. I hope your issue gets resolved.

I am not ignoring, they are, why do I need a answers like, “oh there is a long line before you, and we need to go through the process, can you login yet? if dont pls complain again”. Well they should know I cant login yet, is there a system for support to help players or they just answer like a simple email. You open a tkt and say, hey I have a problem, and they say, oh, you still have a problem? or casper the ghost has solved it for you? I C, so, you still have a problem? So wait, we will wait until it gets solved by itself, what u think? How long this is gonna take, a day, 4 days, a week a month?

Renegadeimp.8439

As i said, they have already told you the situation and even gave you a place to post so they can investigate further. Spamming in multiple threads and ignoring advice given isnt the best course of action.

As i said before, i hope you get back ingame soon, but you really need to follow advice.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

My account has being suspended for 4 days, and I gave them no reason to do it, this should be solved in minutes not in a week, and I should be playing by now. Some other games you open a support ticket and they call you in minutes, solving the problems you have. GW2 was supposed to be the best mmorpg of all times, how could it be, with this kind of customer support?

You posted in the review thread? That’s good. Using this thread to continue to comment on your personal situation? Not so good. Please restrain yourself from continuing to post — your situation will be reviewed as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

my account is still terminated please check

If your account is still closed, you are not part of the issue that Mike Lewis wrote about earlier. Please submit a ticket to Support or, if you have done so, know that the situation will be reviewed and addressed as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Since the issue has been addressed and those who were directly impacted are back in the game, I’m going to lock this thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding with the issue that arose on Friday!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet