Playing on TV's.

Playing on TV's.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Hello everyone, i just got a new tv and i’m in the mood to play GW2 on it, its a Samsung 6400 40, i would like tips and suggestions for the ones who play on big Tv’s, monitors…

Whats the distance should I stay from it? Does the experience on GW2 could be different because of the input lag?

Im really excited to play GW2 on big screen!

Playing on TV's.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Far. I’m playing on a 32" TV and I’m like 2 feet away from it. Otherwise your eyes hurt after quite some time. For 40" I guess 4 feets away?

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Playing on TV's.

pupi.2465

Far. I’m playing on a 32" TV and I’m like 2 feet away from it. Otherwise your eyes hurt after quite some time. For 40" I guess 4 feets away?

Makes sense Etien, how about the input lag? You think this can compromise pvp?

Playing on TV's.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Depends on you rig. Powerfull PC + large monitor and GW2 – priceless

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Playing on TV's.

pupi.2465

Depends on you rig. Powerfull PC + large monitor and GW2 – priceless

My GPU is a Nvidia 560 ti , AMD x6 with 8gram…. you think this can handle good a 40’ ?

Playing on TV's.

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

it depends on the resolution of your tv screen, in your case the tv is 1920 x1080 so normal hd probably same or less then your current monitor (if you already selected 1920*1080 in gw2 there will be no difference monitor/tv framerate) Don’t forget to change crop settings on your tv (in standard mode, edges are removed to exlude artifacts of tv programs)

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

Playing on TV's.

pupi.2465

it depends on the resolution of your tv screen, in your case the tv is 1920 x1080 so normal hd probably same or less then your current monitor (if you already selected 1920*1080 in gw2 there will be no difference monitor/tv framerate) Don’t forget to change crop settings on your tv (in standard mode, edges are removed to exlude artifacts of tv programs)

Crop Settings?? Sry, whats that?

Playing on TV's.

Posted by: tota.4893

tota.4893

Crop Settings?? Sry, whats that?

It’s called overscan . Basically the TV cuts off 3-5% of the image being displayed at the edges because analog TV systems did so to hide lack of precision in their receivers and the CRTs used to display the images. Some later broadcasts also contained distracting non-image data like teletext in the edges.

There’s no reason to do this with pure digital signals, but many TVs will still behave like this for compatibility reasons, even when receiving images from a computer over HDMI. You might be able to turn this off from the TV’s settings if it doesn’t autodetect this.