Post your performance here

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Enoch.1058

Enoch.1058

45-70+ FPS

I was getting a little less FPS (40-50) when running this on the same hardware in BootCamp with Windows 7 using the SAME graphical settings.

Attachments:

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

The retina MBP gets around 70-100% performance hit compared to the Windows version

Under Windows I am able to run with 35+ fps on 1920×1200 on everything set to high.

To get similar levels of performance, I must switch to 1680×1050 almost everything low under the OS X port. Anything higher yields very inconsistent and choppy behaviour.

Posted by: minekaoru.4095

minekaoru.4095

I also tried the port on 10.8 with my Retina MBP (16GB RAM). The performance is not satisfactory though playable on a windowed 1440×900 “auto-detect” setting (fps 3X – 4X). But I never tried the fps with WvW or events that will involve many players simultaneously. And the Fan was roaring all the time it almost become part of the BGM.

Posted by: Logsi.2031

Logsi.2031

I’m expecting a lot less frames than under windows and it being a Cider port. I’ve OCed my 650m to 950MHz Core and 2600MHz memory under windows also.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Running pretty stable 30FPS with settings high/medium on Windows, between 10 and 19FPS with lower settings on Cider.

Correction to the profiler: the CPU is NOT a XEON, but a regular Core2Quad Q9400 with a mild overclock.

Attachments:

(edited by Naqaj.6219)

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

Just ran WvWvW as usual with my MacBook Pro. In boot camp running Windows 7 I was getting about 30-50 fps. On the Mac beta I was down to < 10 in a zerg taking a keep. I’d guess I’m about 50% of the fps of boot camp in general and my Mac graphic settings are all on low (boot camp is medium). I’m running a 2011 MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 with 16 GB RAM and an SSD. I’m running all the latest patches, etc. on both Windows and Mac. The Mac beta is pretty much unplayable for me in the most critical times, so I’ll continue with boot camp for now.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

Posted by: Evabel.7951

Evabel.7951

Started Mac Beta using similar settings to what I had GW2 on in Bootcamp. Seems quite a bit slower. I am running it on Snow Leopard, OS X 10.6.8. Wondering if it might run better on OS X 7? But by everyone else’s comments, thinking it might not make a difference.

Posted by: shnurov.9357

shnurov.9357

Running on my 2012 MBA, I’m getting very similar performance than via BC.

Approx 30-45 fps with everything on low/disabled and 1280×800 instead of 1440×900

Attachments:

Posted by: Felicja.6891

Felicja.6891

Surprisingly, I am getting 15-25 frames per sec on 1920×1080 on iMac Late 2009 which is below the minimum specs. A slightly worse performance than on Bootcamp, where I have 40-50 fps, same resolution. All can get better from here, since this is the beta client.
Settings:
Animation – low
Environment – low
LOD distance – medium
Textures – low
Render sampling – Native
Shadows – none
Shaders – low
Post-processing – none

Very thankful to ArenaNet for accommodating the community of Mac users. I cannot thank you enough for creating a Mac client!

Attachments:

(edited by Felicja.6891)

Posted by: Peril of Darkness.9830

Peril of Darkness.9830

It seems as though Macs with ATI graphics are getting good (even better) frame rates, while the Nvidia users are getting subpar results. Small sample size thus far, but it’s a similar trend to what is seen in the Windows side…

Posted by: Immo.9217

Immo.9217

Running with all the setting on low/none I’m getting 25fps its not great but its better then nothing

Attachments:

Posted by: Xandman.4583

Xandman.4583

MBP 15" Early 2011 here. ATI Radeon 6750M 1024mb with 16gig RAM, at lowest possible settings (subsample) I get the same performance as on Bootcamp. At Native settings, I get about 10-18fps. Tried max settings like the other ATIs and I get 5-10fps. Hope it improves soon, I’m tired of having to boot in Windows.

Posted by: DarkNoob.3948

DarkNoob.3948

20-30 fps (playable, but this machine can deliver better performance that that)
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 15
nvidia 650m 512mb ram
8gigs of system ram
Graphics options set to auto detect

Posted by: maldrake.1639

maldrake.1639

I have 20-60 FPS in bootcamp with 1920×1080 with the lowest settings, however with cider I have usually less than 20 fps on minimum settings and lowest resolution.

Attachments:

Posted by: tkdennis.2490

tkdennis.2490

On my 2009 iMac – 8GB Ram – 256MB HD4675 ATI – 3.06 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo – Mercury Blue 3G SSD – I’m getting a very playable 25 frames per second on average. I’m sure the SSD is helping a lot here, but it seems like you might be able to add more Macs to your compatibility list that are older as you optimize the client.

Posted by: aaron.1470

aaron.1470

MacPro Specs:
2×2.4Ghz Quad Xeon
32GB DDR3 (1066 Mhz)
ATI 5870 1GB Ram (Card in x16 slot)

Getting ~32 FPS on low settings, 21 FPS on Ultra. Solid 60FPS on Ultra on Bootcamp.

I would rather be booted to OSX and not Windows, not sure if the performance hit is worth it. Too bad the app wasn’t native, this wouldn’t have happened. Hopefully there are performance tweaks in the works. Nice to see the attempt at pleasing Mac Owners.

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

With the exception of some weird things like glowing outlines around other players and the stuttering sound. My performance is equal or better than it was in bootcamped Win 7 Premium.

Mid 2012 13" MBP
2.5GHz i5
16GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz
Intel HD4000

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Posted by: Karden.9843

Karden.9843

Mine runs at 8-15fps with everything on low. And I haven’t even tried going into combat yet. 50-60fps on bootcamp with medium settings

Attachments:

Posted by: BrightFuture.7946

BrightFuture.7946

I’m getting pretty poor results compared to bootcamp.

Low-ish settings on lower resolutions (1680×1050?) in the beta client nets me 20-30 FPS with lots of choppiness (the frame rate intermittently drops to anywhere from 1-14 when just turning in Harathi Hinterlands).

Bootcamp Windows client I had High settings at 1920×1080 resolution and the game ran great: 40-45 FPS consistently.

Really unplayable for me as it stands, especially considering how well it ran in bootcamp.

(Note on my spec screenshot that in addition to the integrated graphics, I have the NVIDIA GeForce 650m with 1GB vRAM)

Attachments:

(edited by BrightFuture.7946)

Posted by: ghull.3571

ghull.3571

Late 2009 iMac 27 with 2.8ghz i7, 4gb RAM and ATI 4950HD card. Getting anywhere from 30 – 45fps in WvW during large zerg vs. zerg encounters. This is with running 2560×1440 and these game settings
Animation = High
Anti-Aliasing = None
Environment = Medium
LOD Distance = Medium
Reflections = None
Textures = Medium
Render Sampling = Native
Shadows = Medium
Shaders = Medium
Post-Processing = Low

Posted by: einherjan.7340

einherjan.7340

Going extremely well on my Late 2011 MacBook Pro with a 512MB GFX. Lots of upgrades. Running off of a OWC SSD.

Resolution: 1920×1080
Animation: Low
AA: None
Enviroment: Medium
LOD Distance: Low
Reflections: None
Textures: Low
Render Sampling: Native
Shadows: Low
Shaders: Medium
Post-Processing: None

FPS: 49-53

Attachments:

Posted by: Nadan.4785

Nadan.4785

Significantly worse than in boot camp on rMBP base 2.3/8/256

Posted by: Gorudu.6541

Gorudu.6541

I am running GW2 on a 2011 Macbook Pro with the i7 and Intel 3000 graphics. On bootcamp I had 25+ frames with high textures, environment, and distance, along with low post processing. The game ran very consistently in WvWvW and instances. On the new client with the same settings I was lucky to get 20 fps and WvWvW was unplayable. Even with graphics turned all the way down I was getting 10 fps in WvWvW and instances.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

OS 10.8.1 2011 iMac here.

21.5-inch
4gb 1333 MhZ DDR3 ram
2.5 GHz Intel Core i%
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB

Getting about identical FPS to that I get in bootcamp, to up to 5FPS more (27-32). But in windowed mode the bottom of the screen is clipped off – so the FPS gain might not be worth it until that gets fixed.

In bootcamp I run with textures on high, shaders high, post process high. FXAA anti-alias. Doing the same here except textures only go up to medium.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Kichwas.7152)

Posted by: Novaova.8314

Novaova.8314

MBP, all options as low as possible, never more than 20 fps at any time, 5-12 fps typical just running around in a lightly-populated region. It’s not playable as-is.

Attachments:

Posted by: Prophet of Atlantis.7169

Prophet of Atlantis.7169

Getting anything from 30 to 50 FPS with some medium settings, slightly lower than under BootCamp Windows 7 installation.
I use a Mid 2009 iMac 21.5 with i3 3.06 GHz 8GB of RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB
Not too bad for a beta.

Attachments:

Posted by: kaioshade.7682

kaioshade.7682

Macbook Pro
2.3 GHz i5
16GB RAM
256 GB SSD
Intel 3000

I get about 15-25 fps even in busy areas. Funny thing is, this actually is more stable than the windows machine i5 3570, 560ti that i have. Nothing but problems with that machine, was going to switch to an amd card for this game.

Posted by: NelsonEgg.1346

NelsonEgg.1346

Im getting around 20-25 fps with the everything on low and resolution at1440x900.
Curios if bootcamp would be a better solution. Love the game and the fact that it is out on mac though

Attachments:

Posted by: Bolteh.8071

Bolteh.8071

Slightly lower graphical performance than on Bootcamp Win7 on a late 2009 27" iMac, but barely noticeable.

However, starting up the game and loading times are a lot faster. My character select appeared almost instantly after logging in, generally takes half a minute on Bootcamp.

I never expected GW2 to come to Mac, let alone have it run this well. Thanks a lot, ANnet.

Posted by: Impact.6213

Impact.6213

Hi Guys!

Im running on a MacBook Pro (mid 2009) with that 9400m and a core 2 duo. Nothing special at all.. with that said I ran the game on the lowest quality and would get a occasional stutter (it happened every 3 seconds) so I turned off everything in the background and it completely get rid of the stutter I can even change some of the graphics around to higher amounts and get some pretty solid rates! Its some thing to try!

Cheers!

Posted by: Hexobar.3704

Hexobar.3704

Does anyone know how to turn on the FPS display on OSX (not just via the game menu)?

i.e. The equivalent of running under Windows with -perf

I’m not experienced enough with messing around with Cider ports to work out how to add the command line option.

Posted by: ZiggyD.1689

ZiggyD.1689

Posted by: Aardimus.8052

Aardimus.8052

15" Late 2011 MBP (2.2GHz i7, 4GB, HD 6750M) + OS X 10.8.1
Getting 30-45fps on Auto-Detect + AA: on + Post-processing: high + Shaders: high. I have yet to try WvWvW, though.

Hjalmar The Uncouth / Vaedreus Aardimus
Legion of the Aguila [LOA] • Blackgate

Posted by: Logsi.2031

Logsi.2031

I’m actually getting OK frames. Not as good as Windows for obvious reason but, alright frames.

My main problem is the bogging down and stuttering when going to a new area. It seems like it’s taking a while to translate the data…

Posted by: deyil.8972

deyil.8972

Macbook Retina Nvidia’s GeForce GT 650M, with 1GB of video memory.

Getting 20 -30 fps on auto detect (low to medium settings) in highest resolution.

Posted by: TactualRain.7109

TactualRain.7109

Getting about the same performance as Bootcamp under Windows, give or take. 2011 MBP 15" i7, 1GB 6770.

I’d say Windows is better, marginally – the real deal is Windows/Bootcamp runs at higher details and higher resolution at about the same frame rate.

Attachments:

(edited by TactualRain.7109)

Posted by: mak.9027

mak.9027

For those with retina, is probably better if you halve your resolution to 1440×900, the default resolution is going to hit the video card with a big hammer.

Posted by: kali.9457

kali.9457

First is Windows on bootcamp and second is on MacOS.
Game looks really bad on MacOS.

Attachments:

Kali

Posted by: Exodeus.8130

Exodeus.8130

I’m dropping about 50-60% in FPS going from 70-80 stable at 1920×1080 all settings high, down to 30-40 fps at 1920×1080 all settings medium not so stable sometimes dipping when recently changed zones.

Attachments:

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I’m running a MacBook Pro with Retina Display

• 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
  • 16 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
  • OS X 10.8.1

I’m having a huge drop in fps compared to what my Boot Camp partition with Windows 7 is able to do. I have a stable 40 fps on high graphics on Boot Camp but about 30 on low graphics in OS X.

I bet they’ll sort it out soon, though, so I can live with it – for now

Melder – Thief

Posted by: Piia.7659

Piia.7659

45-70+ FPS

I was getting a little less FPS (40-50) when running this on the same hardware in BootCamp with Windows 7 using the SAME graphical settings.

Ahh… you got the beefed up custom order 27 inch. Nice! Have you SSD’d it yet?

Piia.7659

Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15 inch
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.8 (12A269)

If anyone wants to squeeze more performance out of their machine, don’t ignore your Hard Drive. Factory default HD are generally 5400 rpm models, which access large blocks of data slowly (especially on smaller sized drives). I swapped out the factory default HD for a Momentus XT 750 GB Hybrid Drive (partial SSD, 7200 rpm), which has positively affected all games I play on my Mac in a very noticeable way. (Factory default was a 750 GB 5400 rpm drive). If I had a full SSD, it would perform even better!

I have seen virtually no discernable difference between the Windows client under Bootcamp and the Mac client. There is a slight fps drop from Windows to Mac according to numbers, but visibly it’s difficult to tell. I have played in high-population areas with no adverse effects.

Average fps Windows: 55-65 fps
Average fps Mac: 45-55 fps

Attachments:

Posted by: ErikTheRod.8326

ErikTheRod.8326

27" 2011 iMac with Core i5, 6970M GPU and 12GB RAM — standard 7200rpm HDD.

I am running Win7 x64 Ultimate on the BootCamp side and it is actually the only reason I have BootCamp on the iMac. Under Windows, I run GW2 at native resolution (2560×1440) and high settings for everything except Shaders and Shadows (those are medium). I do run FXAA and I have reflections on all. I get between 30-50fps without issue.

The performance on the Mac side is no where near as good. I have to turn a lot of options lower, namely reflections, to get similar performance. Even when I do so, if I try to run something like Pandora in a browser, the music will stutter from time to time. I do not have this same issue on the Windows side.

Unfortunately, between the multiple monitor support (or lack thereof), reduced performance, and inability to multi-task while playing, the Mac port is simply unacceptable for me.

Posted by: kingstriker.2907

kingstriker.2907

does not work as well on the mac side bootcamp works flawless on high settings plus my zoom button doesn’t work please fix this

Piia.7659

I’m getting pretty poor results compared to bootcamp.

Low-ish settings on lower resolutions (1680×1050?) in the beta client nets me 20-30 FPS with lots of choppiness (the frame rate intermittently drops to anywhere from 1-14 when just turning in Harathi Hinterlands).

Bootcamp Windows client I had High settings at 1920×1080 resolution and the game ran great: 40-45 FPS consistently.

Really unplayable for me as it stands, especially considering how well it ran in bootcamp.

(Note on my spec screenshot that in addition to the integrated graphics, I have the NVIDIA GeForce 650m with 1GB vRAM)

With that machine, you should see little noticeable difference between OS clients. How big is your SSD drive, and how much of it is available after your installation of GW2 on Mac side? If you have less than 10% of your HD space remaining, everything is going to start running slower on your Mac.

Also, there’s a cool little tool you can download in the app store to manually set your machine to use the dedicated (vs integrated) video card called gfxCardStatus. If you were running the game on the Intel integrated card, that would certainly produce poor results.

Posted by: chibitofu.4356

chibitofu.4356

Here’s my specs. The only thing different is that I upgraded the RAM. It’s a little slower, but not by much. Maybe a 5 frame difference. The big thing I noticed is how much better the graphics look. The PC screen shot is the one that looks bad, the mac one looks better. The weird thing is that the PC one is actually taken with higher graphics options, than the Mac one. It feels like such a different game, and I love it. It kinda makes me want to remake all my characters. Even with the slight dip in FPS. Because now I can see what they will actually look like.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kanako Davis.5364

Kanako Davis.5364

I notice some significant performance drop compared to Bootcamp. I’d love to have a native client but i understand why they gave us a cider port. At least now i don’t have to reboot and i can listen to my music in iTunes. :]

Performance comparison:
Bootcamp most settings on medium(shadows on low) 15-30 Frames
Cider-Port almost everything on low(no shadows) 10-25 Frames.

Attachments:

Posted by: dehyphenated.1269

dehyphenated.1269

In bootcamp I’ll get anywhere between 30 and 60 fps (mostly low settings) depending on the situation.
On all lowest settings in osx I hit a max of 25 fps, averaging at 15. I occasionally see drops to 1 or 2 fps.

Attachments:

Posted by: izari.8203

izari.8203

Model Name: iMac
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6970M
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Minor lag I’m noticing in LA, haven’t had a chance to test W3 yet (hopefully tonight).
Graphics do look kind of funny. Have everything on high ’cept for shaders (put those on medium).

[ZoS ] – Northern Shiverpeaks
www.izziebytes.net | @izziebot

Posted by: Silvaria.7635

Silvaria.7635

Computer/Processor/RAM
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB (2- 4gb DDR3 chips @ 1067MHz)
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Operating System: OSX 10.6.8

Last night, I noticed a drop in fps when turning my character quickly in the Grove. Fps was also very low during the Shaman event in the Maw, with 20-30 players present. I imagine WvW would be difficult for me on this system. The graphics were set to low, but I experienced 10-20 fps during normal play. I really appreciate the work being done to port the client to Mac.

I am wondering if I will be able to play GW2 with my hardware even if I upgrade my OS? I’m resisting upgrading because I don’t care for 10.7… But to play this, I’ll upgrade. Otherwise, I’ll just continue playing on Bootcamp.

[Edit]: I was also wondering if anyone had issues with the scrolling gesture changing the camera tilt instead of zooming in/out or scrolling on bag/crafting windows? [/Edit]

Co-Leader and Commander of The Nuinqua [Nuin] NA | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheNuinqua

(edited by Silvaria.7635)