Purchased expansion. Account not upgraded.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Bearbrunt.4196

Bearbrunt.4196

So I redeemed my product code onto my account just yesterday. Everything was hunky dory at first. My account recognized the upgrade and when the content released, I had access to my class’s new elite specialization and got the flag for the new storyline, etc.

But when I waypointed to the silverwastes to get into maguuma, my GW2 client just decided to crash to desktop with an error. I logged back in, and to my surprise, all of the expansion content was barred from me. Everything is locked again as if I had not purchased and redeemed the code.

Attached image shows that I had access to the new talents and content, only for them to be revoked.

Attachments:

(edited by Bearbrunt.4196)

Posted by: revolucien.5043

revolucien.5043

I have also redeemed my product code yesterday, and everything went fine i also got a in game mail as a thank you for purchasing the game, now if i look on my account the expansion is not active. if it never was active, please help!

Attachments:

(edited by revolucien.5043)

Posted by: tribeldragon.6743

tribeldragon.6743

Yes I have the same when I fired up the launcher it seemed normal but when I got ingame everything HoT related was disabled and my key was revoked from my account.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aerensiniac.3584

Aerensiniac.3584

Exact, EXACT same issue. Word after word.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yes I have the same when I fired up the launcher it seemed normal but when I got ingame everything HoT related was disabled and my key was revoked from my account.

Masteries are unlocked only after completing the first HoT story instance. So that’s not a good indication…

Aerensiniac.3584

Masteries are unlocked only after completing the first HoT story instance. So that’s not a good indication…

The story is locked for me and it tells me to buy, so….

Posted by: Norman Bates.4536

Norman Bates.4536

I wouldn’t know if I got the exact same issue, but I purchased it last sunday and as of tuesday, my account was suspended all of a sudden, and on my log-in on the site it still seems to ask to buy the upgrade..

As of now, I still can’t log in on my account in the client..

Posted by: TraceGunn.9165

TraceGunn.9165

Same here…sigh

Posted by: Dimalit.7543

Dimalit.7543

Same here, account suspended, site asks to buy the expansion I already paid for :s

Posted by: Zjammie.1432

Zjammie.1432

I have the same problem, bought the expansion yesterday and upgraded to HoT. Everything seemed fine and I also got the e-mail thanking me for my purchase of HoT.
Today it tells me that I still need to buy it and when I log in to my account and try to use my code again, it tells me that it is not working.

Aerensiniac.3584

Im astonished about ArenaNet’s gall tho. For a game that just went f2p because they are losing players that badly, they seem to think they can mess with people’s wallets directly and dont even have to as much as send a note about it.
Here i am with what is basically fraud for they have taken the money and didnt give anything in return, but they are taking their kitten time to as much as acknowledge that something is amiss.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Where did you all perchase the expansion from, if it’s not the official web site or one of the atherised retailers then most likely you have been scammed and you got bogus keys you will all have to submit a ticket with support to resolve this issue no one the forums can realy help.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Norman Bates.4536

I bought it directly form the official site.
Already submitted a support ticket tuesday, right after it was suspended, and now I keep getting messages they are working on it, and that’s all.
I had some hope it would be resolved today, so I could start playing, but alas, now all I can do is wait..

But I still have faith in Arenanet’s support, they have been really helpfull for a lot of other players in the past.

Yet, spent months waiting and actually didn’t have any plans for today. Got me lots of free time now, I guess. It’s just a shame.

Posted by: TFmira.2067

TFmira.2067

same here last night say Hot is active on your account but today say i need buy :/

Posted by: Seklies.2186

Seklies.2186

Exactly the same issue, I’m super annoyed.
Considering this is my field of business and I work a large studio I do not take lightly to this oversight.

This is a utter disaster for a handful of us!

Forgive me if I seem straight forward when responding.

Aerensiniac.3584

Exactly the same issue, I’m super annoyed.
Considering this is my field of business and I work a large studio I do not take lightly to this oversight.
This is a utter disaster for a handful of us!

You gotta acknowledge it tho, it must be an amazing piece of coding if it cant even register one blasted piece of code properly.
Reminds me on the C64 era…. maybe next time we get a syntax error message….

Feirlista Xv.1425

Have you resantly did a charge back on the card you perchased the game with, your credit card account can get red flagged if you do a charge back. The card processing services NCSoft uses is really strict any issues with your card like charge back or reporting fraudulent activity in your card gets red flagged and can make it tough for you to use that card online check your statment did they charge your card.

Posted by: Ivan Simao.2154

Ivan Simao.2154

Same problem here. Bought yesterday and activated. Today i enter in game, HoT not active, and serial key not recognized …

Aerensiniac.3584

Have you resantly did a charge back on the card you perchased the game with, your credit card account can get red flagged if you do a charge back. The card processing services NCSoft uses is really strict any issues with your card like charge back or reporting fraudulent activity in your card gets red flagged and can make it tough for you to use that card online check your statment did they charge your card.

NCsoft can go and die with its strict system. Literally. If a company is mentally set back enough to screw with its customers in such a manner, it does not deserve to be on the market. I couldnt give less of a kitten about their reasons for doing it.

Feirlista Xv.1425

It’s not NCsoft, like is said it’s the credit card processing company they use I think it’s called Playnix or something like that. There are other game distributors that use the same credit card processing service this is the norm in a lot of online transaction if there is the slightest issue with a card it may get declined also I think by law the card processing service can decline the transaction as much as 72 hours after the perchase.

Aerensiniac.3584

It’s not NCsoft, like is said it’s the credit card processing company they use I think it’s called Playnix or something like that. There are other game distributors that use the same credit card processing service this is the norm in a lot of online transaction if there is the slightest issue with a card it may get declined also I think by law the card processing service can decline the transaction as much as 72 hours after the perchase.

Btw i bought it from retail, so Ncsoft didnt even as much as see my credit card.
You can twist this around as much as you like, but what you are saying is something that would block you from getting a code.
All of us here already bought AND ACTIVATED a code. The system then rolled back the change (or so it seems) deleting our account upgrade.
This is not a credit card issue since its already deeper within the system.
And finally: Alas i couldnt give less of a kitten about why or how they do it.
I literally dont care because im one of their customers and not their accountant, lawyer or book keeper.
They should be aware that playing with people’s time and money like this is equal to playing with their own frikin existence on the market. What does anyone expect from a publisher/devteam which cant even keep its frikin webpage together?

Posted by: Littha.8605

Littha.8605

Same, I bought retail. Not from NCsoft and my account seems to have rolled back.

Norman Bates.4536

I kind of hope they sort this out earlier than all the people complaining they can’t get past prologue in the story.
Man, I just mean, they can play already. All I can do now is to hit refresh on these forums and on my e-mail. Can’t even log in.

Posted by: vorkosigan.6071

vorkosigan.6071

Ok, i see the forums, lots of folks have the same problem i am having, so my question is
what is being done about it, any news on that front.. has it been acknowledge that there is a problem with a fix on the way,
I have no problem waiting, but need to know is it being looked into????

Aerensiniac.3584

Ok, i see the forums, lots of folks have the same problem i am having, so my question is
what is being done about it, any news on that front.. has it been acknowledge that there is a problem with a fix on the way,
I have no problem waiting, but need to know is it being looked into????

Well, support sent me an email asking if i had restarted the game….
After meditating half an hour over the concept of “you cant be THIS stupid” i copy pasted my first letter in again, once again explaining that not even the site is registering my account upgrade anymore.

So other than “is your device plugged in” kind of messages, afak nothing is being done, because it seems this is not enough of a priority issue.
That being said, they have a few days, then im going to have the money refunded and with that im done with both guildwars and Ncsoft.
Im not leaving money at a company which screws with people’s money and time like this and cant even be bothered as much as to send a notice or justification as to why they are screwing with our accounts.

Posted by: Arat.9527

Arat.9527

I bought HoT Ultimate 2 months ago. I even got the presale Items and HoT was activated. Today i log in and its no HoT Account anymore. Great -.-

Posted by: The Playwright.9640

The Playwright.9640

Count me in as another one suffering from a ‘rollback’. Account was not revoked or anything, but I received confirmation in game mail and such indicating that I’d purchased HoT, but since the expansion actually launched (or at least since this morning when I tried to log-in,) it reverted me back to standard GW2, and the account page similarly does not recognize it.

Not sure what caused this. But I have to assume if it were billing related, we’d at least receive some kind of email regarding credit card or the like not going through. At least, that would be the professional thing to do.

Posted by: Zest.7593

Zest.7593

Same as others here, What frustrates me more is that there is no word from Anet about the issue

Seklies.2186

Still no answers for any of us, however the bug section for in-game users is live and kicking.

Shows exactly where we stand, they have our money and we have hit the back burner for now.

Aerensiniac.3584

Still no answers for any of us, however the bug section for in-game users is live and kicking.
Shows exactly where we stand, they have our money and we have hit the back burner for now.

Its kinda the reason why i replied to support that im not gonna wait 3 weeks for this issue to be fixed. I give it a couple of days. 2 maybe 3, then they got one less customer who will ever spend a dime anything associated with anet or ncsoft.

(edited by Aerensiniac.3584)

Posted by: FootDive.3451

FootDive.3451

I got this problem too and no answers.

Seklies.2186

Its kinda the reason why i replied to support that im not gonna wait 3 weeks for this issue to be fixed. I give it a couple. 2 maybe 3, then they got one less customer who will ever spend a dime anything associated with anet or ncsoft.

I completely agree, and that is exactly what a handful of people will do.

Not to mention this will go down as one of the larger failure launches of this year, 2015. That is assuming they continue to not respond to the player base having issues regarding purchase, not just in-game issues.

Feirlista Xv.1425

Buying Heart of Thorns from a third party here is a link now this is kind of dated but I think it still applies:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Buying-HoT-through-a-3rd-Party-Careful/first

Now here is a list of Anets official retailers that did sell keys at the release of GuildWars2 it’s not clear if they are officially allowed to sell HoT keys:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedStates-physical

Now if you bought a key from anywhere else besides the official sites you most likely got scammed and its on you to get your money back If you can. Anet will not oner fraudulent keys. Now it does list Amazon but Amazon allow a Thirdparty retailer to set up an online stores using the Amazon name so if you buy from Amazon double check who your dealing with, good luck

(edited by Feirlista Xv.1425)

Seklies.2186

Buying Heart of Thorns from a third party here is a link now this is kind of dated but I think it still applies:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Buying-HoT-through-a-3rd-Party-Careful/first

Now here is a list of Anets official retailers that did sell keys at the release of GuildWars2 it’s not clear if they are officially allowed to sell HoT keys:

Now if you bought a key from anywhere else besides the official sites you most likely got scammed and its on you to get your money back If you can. Anet will not oner fraudulent keys, good luck

Take note that this issue is happening to everyone, not just third party buyers.
A person posted they purchased the $100 package directly from Anet and this happened to them, so don’t be quick to point fingers.

Posted by: Zest.7593

Zest.7593

Now if you bought a key from anywhere else besides the official sites you most likely got scammed and its on you to get your money back If you can. Anet will not oner fraudulent keys, good luck

Man I don’t know why you keep posting without reading other peoples posts…. many people who have the problem bought the game from Anet store. Many others from official retailers…

Posted by: Wyn.5724

Wyn.5724

I have also redeemed my product code yesterday, and everything went fine i also got a in game mail as a thank you for purchasing the game, now if i look on my account the expansion is not active. if it never was active, please help!

I’m having the same issue. Glad to see it isn’t only me with it, did you get it resolved through support?

Posted by: Joemama.9123

Joemama.9123

i’m also having this issue except i bought the expansion several months ago and participated in the beta! not impressed anet, not impressed

Posted by: Vlaire.4730

Vlaire.4730

I have the same problem. Bought HoT in game using the black lion trading company. After purchase I did not received any email in game or in my account mail about the serial code but the money was deducted on my debit card

Posted by: Littha.8605

Littha.8605

This is really getting frustrated. I was really looking forward to spending my days off playing this and even if they fixed this immediately Anet can’t give me the time I have spent waiting back.

I even have an ingame mail tanking me for purchasing the expansion.

Overall not impressed.

Posted by: Ireella.5362

Ireella.5362

In the same boat. Got a mail, ‘’thank you for your purchase’’ from anet yesterday, reaper specialization unlocked, but had to patch further for the other HoT content. Sooo, when it finally patched up today, i logged in just to find all the expansion stuff gone.
It doesn’t even appear activated on my account info on ‘’my account’’ here anymore.

Posted by: PropheSee.2541

PropheSee.2541

WOW! this is making me seriously wait on buying the game. Got to wonder WTF is going on with Anet? This isn’t good! First still having to pay $50 for the expansion. Now this? Seriously, they need to do something to make good with us.

Posted by: Isoa.3284

Isoa.3284

Account suspended here too..i played Hot yesterday.

Uncle Nasse-Warrior-Semper Dius

Posted by: neneza.6954

neneza.6954

What do you mean “suspended” you don’t have GW2 vanila anymore?!

Isoa.3284

What do you mean “suspended” you don’t have GW2 vanila anymore?!

I cant even login to the game..i get message that your account is suspended due to account issue and yesterday i was playing Hot.

Posted by: neneza.6954

neneza.6954

I cant even login to the game..i get message that your account is suspended due to account issue and yesterday i was playing Hot.

You bought the game from Anet official shop?

Posted by: The Perfect Man.7896

The Perfect Man.7896

I bought a cd key yesterday. I upgraded my account and played the new expansion and everything was fine.
But when i logged in today the expansion was locked and now i can’t play anymore.
Is there a way to contact customer support which isnt the forums?

Posted by: chewienl.9804

chewienl.9804

sent a ticket in the top at support, thats what i did.

i have the same issue, 7 achievements done in the first new map, 2nd glider mastery etc etc. now everything locked.

im sure they are on top of this. all we can do is wait :’)

Posted by: darkdonut.9715

darkdonut.9715

Is there a way to contact customer support which isnt the forums?

You could submit a help ticket through the following link:
https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

Isoa.3284

No..i bought game code from elsewhere..only reason i can think of why my whole account is now suspended..never had problems with other game codes tho for that well known site.Not holding my breath at mo to getting it unsuspended :P

Posted by: Shaytaan.1437

Shaytaan.1437

No..i bought game code from elsewhere..only reason i can think of why my whole account is now suspended..never had problems with other game codes tho for that well known site.Not holding my breath at mo to getting it unsuspended :P

I assume g2play?