Random crashes ( I run 64 bit! )

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Vieze Freddie.7263

Vieze Freddie.7263

I recently bought and installed GW2, but I am experiencing random crashes. It starts off with a loud noise from my speakers, followed by the game freezing. When I manage to kill the GW2.exe process, my whole computer is crashing. Every program I open crashes, even Google Chrome, so I have to reboot my PC.
Google didn’t help, so I hope any of you knows the solution.
My PC specs are as followed:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 (3.2GHz, not OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition (Dual Fan).

I got the newest drivers 12.8 (including the GW2 profile).

I included ArenaNet.log from my documents folder.

Attachments:

Vieze Freddie.7263

Bump with GameAdvisor log.

Vieze Freddie.7263

anybody please?

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

To me, this sounds like a heat issue – that one or more components in your computer is overheating.

The loud noise you’re hearing is probably the heat alarm.

I would suggest first, opening up your case and cleaning out the dust. Even if it’s not the problem right now, it is always a good idea because left unchecked it will be the problem eventually.

It sounds silly and simple – but this has helped many people having the same problem.

You can use a tool like PC Wizard 2012 to monitor temperatures while you play – alt-tab out at intervals and check. If it is not dust, but you are overheating, you may need new cooling components, and throttling back the game settings should also help.

Posted by: Sparky.5072

Sparky.5072

Posted by: Tjynde.1604

Tjynde.1604

Like Ceallach said, heat issue is option number 1.
If it doesn’t work, try uninstalling your drivers, download Driver Sweeper or CCleaner and install it. Restart your pc and boot Windows in safe mode. Run one of the mentioned applications and sweep your graphic drivers. Install the latest graphic drivers and give it a try.

Best regards
Tjynde

Vieze Freddie.7263

I checked the temperatures with Speccy, and my CPU stays around 50-60 degrees, graphics card around 70, so it’s not a heat issue. I can also run games like Battlefield 3 on very high settings perfectly fine.

I already reinstalled my drivers, didn’t fix it either.

I get the same problem with Team Fortress 2 every so often, but it is very common with GW2..

Vieze Freddie.7263

I was just playing a video game and my speakers blown out, when I unplugged them i could see electricity coming from the plug, and ever since my PC is all fine again. So I guess the problem was the speakers malfunctioning and causing the PC to crash, everything seems to work fine right now..

Posted by: Remembrance.2639

Remembrance.2639

Audio Jack is grounding out. If you are technically inclined reseat your motherboard if you are not. Have a repair shop do it, it takes <5 mins and you should be in and out.