error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sparky.5072

Sparky.5072

i been getting this error a lot after the 2nd day of play it would lag a lot when fighting then kick me to the log in screen with this error it does this more on to the main servers then the over flow servers and less at late night times i tried to follow your required setting about this error and did not help it at all and so far with this error is getting worse i cant stay logged in for more than 5 min before it kicks me and as of now its a unplayable game for me

(edited by Sparky.5072)

Posted by: Rolin.7694

Rolin.7694

I am having the same issue and have posted about it as a response here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Network-Lag/first#post5474

Rolin – Human Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Alski.3214

Alski.3214

I am having the same issue and have posted about it as a response here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Network-Lag/first#post5474

Your better of posting in here or creating your own thread, that thread is for Lag.

Adding in my 2c here im also getting Error 7 and have been since the 3 day head-start

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Error-7-1000-7006-771-101/first#post5283 <— thread i posted a while ago

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Alpharius.7436

Alpharius.7436

Same issue here. I’ve been playing since the 3-day head start and did NOT get this error once prior to today.

Now, the game is utterly unplayable. The last time I tried to log on (latest of dozens)? It gave me a whopping 12 seconds of game time (yes I timed it). Quite ridiculous. Hoping for a hotfix by tomorrow, as a number of people seem to be having this issue.

Sparky.5072

i been getting this after the released day the first day i had no problems what so ever on the 2nd day it happen 2-3 times and 3rd 4th and so on its got worse each day now it lags so bad and kicks me every 5-10 min with this error code and its not my end every online game i play works fine

Posted by: Soulrez.8712

Soulrez.8712

Hello there,

Where exactly are you getting kicked off at? Is there a certain location or when you do certain things?
Like for example, do you only get kicked off in Overflow?

Sparky.5072

i get kicked every where does not matter where im at or what server i choose from the main is the worst i got 2 min max of play before i get kicked the overflow is a little better i can get any where to 5 min to a 1/2 hour of play on a good day and to add i havent played the game sense friday i got fed up with it

(edited by Sparky.5072)

Soulrez.8712

What anti-virus/security software do you have installed?

Sparky.5072

Norton Internet Security / Spybot Search & Destroy
i even turned it off and made no difference

Sparky.5072

like i said earlier i had no problems at all at the released day it started for me on the 2nd day and got worse each day to the point im at now

Soulrez.8712

Could you try adding your Guild Wars 2 folder (install folder, not the one under your documents) to the file exclusions list in Norton?

Also, this might be a problem with your account if it’s not your security software interfering. I would highly recommend sending a ticket to ArenaNet, if you haven’t already.

Best of luck!

Sparky.5072

i did on the 31st and have not got a respond back yet

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

Hi,

I’ll answer here. Anyway Can you uninstall Norton perhaps? even if they’re disabled sometimes they still will block programs. Try Microsoft Essentials or Avast. Are you also using wireless connection?

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

Sparky.5072

i use dsl/at&t
i know normally when norton dont like a program it freaks out and notifies me that it dont like it and has done this to me with other programs but not with the game or when it crashes
as for other anti virus im kind of in a box that im unemployed and cant really afforded any thing at this time with a new truck payment heck i even got the game free from gift cards lol

Alpha Dragon.4576

Well the alternative I gave out are free. So you’re using a wired connection directly to your computer? What brand of router do you have?

- Dare to be Different –

Sparky.5072

quite funny actually
yes it a 50footer cat 5 line to the computer running threw the hallway and to add im a electrician to
its a old 2wire 2701HG-B
i have had no problems with other games with this setup

(edited by Sparky.5072)

Alpha Dragon.4576

Can you try this? http://forums.att.com/t5/DSL-Routers-Home-Networks/AT-amp-T-2Wire-2701HG-B-Disconnects-Drops/td-p/2794071 look for sgreen002 post. Seems there’s a problem with the router. Long read btw.

- Dare to be Different –

Sparky.5072

it seams like there problems is with the router it self acting up all my online stuff works fine its the game when i play it is when it acts up i can play world of tanks anno 2070 and i racing with no problems at all

Alpha Dragon.4576

Have you tried running game advisor? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2. Can you post your Guildwars 2.txt here?

- Dare to be Different –

Posted by: Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

You’re not the only one with the problem. Same symptoms as you, but I also get error 3032. I had a tech support guy from my ISP remote access my comp to open all ports and stuff and I’m still getting this. I’m pretty sure it’s something to do with Anet.

Posted by: Stalzy.9548

Stalzy.9548

Been getting this from the last 3 days straight. I have no idea what else to do. Ports are open, anti virus is disabled. Would love a response

Posted by: domslot.3810

domslot.3810

Same issue, same error. No matter seemingly what time of day I play, what I am doing or where in game, I get between 5sec and 20 min game time before losing connection

Similar thing happened to me at Diablo 3 at start as well until a patch 2 weeks post live sorted it out and proved it wasn’t my firewall/antivirus/ports/ISP/backbone issue…

Loving this game more than D3 – so really hoping for a fix soon as getting quite frustrated right now

Posted by: namudin.5869

namudin.5869

I have an open ticket on this issue and have been jumping through
support hoops that try to diagnose an issue with my PC and/or
network while avoiding a symptom reported with the ticket which
is that I only get this frequent dc (every 15s to maybe a minute)
when on main maps or the Mists. In overflow, everything is fine.

The main map thing happens when I start on a main map, or get
transferred to it. There are time when it is ok. To me it seems clear
that their main map servers will be under most stress for connection
handling and this is the root of the problem.

I’ve done all their AV/port forward (80 and 443, lol!!), direct connection
to modem bypassing router, ping traces etc, and it’s dodging the main
symptom – dc on main maps, not on overflow. Go figure.

None of that AV disable, port forwarding etc works either and in
the modern age should not be an issue, especially port
forwarding 80 (http) and 443 (https!). You should never have to
port forward those ports for anything game related. Sure, use them
in a game, but port forward them? Nope.

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Same problem here … It works for the first couple of hours, and after that the lagging starts and it’s almost impossible to play after that because the connection to the server always fails.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Sparky.5072

dont konw if it will help Alpha Dragon
i all so read some where that some one just for ha ha went and played in the EU servers that had this problem and he didn’t have this problem when he played in there

(edited by Sparky.5072)

Posted by: DrunkenPrayer.2169

DrunkenPrayer.2169

Just going to add to this rather than create a new thread and hope that the devs notice it and give some kind of response (tried Twitter and submitted a CS ticket so this is a last resort).

This started on Sunday. I’ve been playing since the head start and had virtually no issues at all. Had a day off on Sunday so though I’d get a full day in and not once since around 1pm GMT have I been able to get on for more than 3 minutes or so at a time without being booted with this error.

Tried opening ports, disabling Avast, called my ISP, rebooted everything but my toaster and nothing has made an iota of difference. There has been plenty of response to most issues but Anet is completely quiet on this particular error wherevere it’s been asked and by anyone.

Posted by: Lynx.6175

Lynx.6175

I have been getting this issue since last Friday. It takes me 10-50 tried to get in game. After I get in I can easily transfer zones and change character. As soon as I close the whole game the crazy cycle of errors reoccurs. Disabled firewalls, antivirus all the stuff. Only thing is I currently do not have access to my router so I am not able to port forward.

icmp.arenanetworks.com
64.25.39.1:80 – connect failed
206.127.158.1:80 – connect failed

Not sure if not being able to connect to icmp.arenanetworks.com means anything. If I go and ping the IPs everything is fine though.

Posted by: Caine.3648

Caine.3648

Yeah I get error 42’s whenever I’m at a loading screen.

Sparky.5072

i think the devs know about it and dont what to comment about it becouse i dont think thay even know whats going on whith the error yet

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

I get the same error, play for awhile, sometimes 10 min, sometimes a few hours then poof i get booted. then for about 15 min it happens every couple min then goes away. This happens everyday since BWE3.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hey guys, I would like you to try a new command we just introduced to assist players with these types of issues. Generally this assists players who have ports blocked by their ISP or are having connectivity issues. To do this:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”

4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”

5. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.

Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”

6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.

Lynx.6175

I created a shortcut and used the /clientport 80 format. Nothing changed and I still got the same error code 7:11:3:189:101.

Rolin.7694

I cannot use the /clientport 80 option, as the target line becomes invalid even though it is formatted properly.

Lynx.6175

Did you put a space between " and the /.

Posted by: Mathala.5678

Mathala.5678

I also tried the /clientport 80 and still got disconnected a few seconds after entering the game.

Lynx.6175

Are transfers currently free? If yes have people tried to switch servers or even go to EU servers?

Posted by: namudin.5869

namudin.5869

Tried the /clientport 80 fix. As soon as I accepted transfer to main map, dc within 2 min, same as always.

Please explain why we keep having to try find client side fixes when the evidence points towards an issue with connectivity to particular (main map, not overflow) servers.

Posted by: Mathala.5678

Mathala.5678

I have tried switching to servers with lower populations and would still get disconnected in the same amount of time, so I don’t think its a server or population issue.

Lynx.6175

I just tried different servers and yes the problem persists. See you guys can actually log in. For me as soon as I select my character it just loads the zone and gives me the error. After 10-50 tries I will get in the game and I can play until I log out.

Stalzy.9548

Made the client80 changes, my launcher downloaded a patch. Loading into maps seemed to take longer. Reoccurring lag/ability delay is still there. Haven’t been disconnected yet, but I fear I will once more people are on the server.

This cannot be my issue. It was working fine for the first week of pre-release/release. A patch ArenaNet has made changed something.

Posted by: FourTwo.7613

FourTwo.7613

Hi, I’ve been having the same problems of being stuck in the loading screen, and eventually getting the error code 7:11:3:189:101 .
Tried the clientport workaround (windows 7 64bit), so far it seems to have fixed it.
I suppose i should try port forwarding the ports found here : http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994/~/error-codes
I had assumed I had done enough port forwarding for most games since doing it for TF2 and L4D2, apparently not =)

Rolin.7694

Did you put a space between " and the /.

Yes.
I’ve tried with, without, and any other combination of characters I could think of.

Tried the /clientport 80 fix. As soon as I accepted transfer to main map, dc within 2 min, same as always.

Please explain why we keep having to try find client side fixes when the evidence points towards an issue with connectivity to particular (main map, not overflow) servers.

Because some of us still get disconnected from overflow servers as well.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

For all of you experiencing the error code 7 and disconnect issues I’d like to collect a diagnostic report from you. Please try the following steps to generate this report:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Right-click on “GW2.exe – Shortcut” and select “Rename.”

4. Rename this file to “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic.”

5. Right-click on “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” and select “Properties.”

6. Locate the “Target” line and add the following to the end “-diag”
Your target line should look like this: C:\Gamse\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -diag

7. Click “Ok” to save your changes.

8. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” to start the test.

Once completed, please click “View Results” and save the results to a text file on your desktop.

Once saved, please attach to this thread.

Lynx.6175

Here is the -diag.

Attachments:

Posted by: domslot.3810

domslot.3810

-diag file requested – good luck

Attachments:

Posted by: Vilnix.3108

Vilnix.3108

Here is the -diag.

Attachments:

Posted by: Motorbreath.7835

Motorbreath.7835

I’ve sent several tickets about this some days ago, no reply. Hope that now you can do something… This error 7 is a terrible pain in thekitten you can’t do PvP or instances, cause you get kicked and bye bye your progress. Doing quests is quite sh**ty too :__(

Ports are opened, AV and firewall disabled/uninstalled, didn’t work.

(Sorry for my English)

Attachments:

Posted by: lordkros.2361

lordkros.2361

Please try and get to this soon, I have a group of friends coming over to preview the game and it won’t go over well if we keep getting booted.

Attachments:

Stalzy.9548

Error Code 7:11:3:189:101

I should also note, after trying the /clientport 80 I have yet to crash. Compared to lastnight when it was a constant every 5 minutes. Ive noticed about 30% less ability delay. Anyways, check away there.

Attachments:

Alpha Dragon.4576

@sparky
Can you also do the network test Ashley gave?

Hi guys I’ve checked the network diag and hope this can help remedy or solve issues.

@Vilnix
The network diag shows that connection to ip 64.xx.xx.xx and 206.xx.xx.xx cannot be established. Kindly check your router,firewall or anti-virus.

@Motorbreath
Are you using a USB 2.0 wifi to connect to the internet? Can you test if you directly connect your pc to the router with a network cable?

@Lynx
You lost connection to 206.xx.xx.xx. Have you tried to portforward? or ask your Internet provider if you can access the IP 206.127.158.1

@Domslot
You have the same issue with lynx but the ip is 64.25.39.1.

From GW2 site :

In addition, Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600 be fully unrestricted and accessible, both inbound and outbound. For further information about opening ports or port forwarding, you can visit the following website: http://www.portforward.com Please note, this site is not affiliated with or supported by NCsoft or ArenaNet.

Hope this helps.

- Dare to be Different –