Really strange keyboard problem

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: spindom.7865

spindom.7865

Hello
A few days ago a really weird issue started with using my keyboard in game.
Almost every time I press a button on my keyboard, it doesn’t work in game but only after pressing it few more times. Anything from walking, using skills, entering chat to accessing the game menu.
Another thing that occurs is that double clicking doesn’t work. That goes for logging in my character or trying to swap gear.
The weirdest parts are:
1. While it takes 4 times pressing Enter to get the chatbox to appear, once it’s up there’s no problem typing.
2. Everything works fine when I have right mouse button clicked.

This seems like a come-and-go issue, been having it on about 75% of time playing past 4 days.
Tried updating all drivers and re-installing the game.

Help much appreciated. Thanks!

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Does your keyboard have any special drivers? If so try deactivating them, they could be interfering in some way. And do you have another keyboard you can test?
When the problem is happening what does your ping show up as in game? (press F11 to bring up the games options and look in the bottom right).

spindom.7865

I am using a laptop with an external keyboard.
This happens on both the laptop’s and the external, when connected and disconnected.
It’s a simple Logitech keyboard that I have been using for a long time, and this occurs only in-game.
I tried reinstalling the drivers, which I though that fixed it but the problem came back.
My ping is normal.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Someone said something similar to this on another post.

I think they said they had to disable some Nvidia software and it fixed the issue. Maybe it was Shadow Play… I’ll try to find the post, but I wanted to see if you had any non-driver related Nvidia software installed.

The issue seems to have been linked to NVIDIA GeForce and the ShadowPlay feature. When I disabled ShadowPlay, my game functions as normal. I am concerned because up until today, I could use ShadowPlay with no issues. But I’ll take what I can get.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

That’s the quote I was looking for. Not sure if this will help, but it could be related to Nvidia software.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

(edited by Ellieanna.5027)

spindom.7865

Yes! That did it.
It’s so strange, it never caused problems until now..

Thank you very much.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Glad you had this fixed. Yes shadowplay will do that. It’s a problem. :U

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.