WTFast allowed?

WTFast allowed?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ornajel.1806

Ornajel.1806

Hi,

I would like to know if using third party software such as WTFast is allowed to solve some “disconnected from server” problems I have. Let me explain my problem.

I’m experiencing some problems that make impossible for me to go on with the new HoT story. Currently, I managed to get to Act II and I’m at City of Hope. I have tried it more than five times and after the final video, game crashes and I’m back to the login screen with a “disconected from server” error.

There seem to be a 1% packet loss in some machine with IP 10.245.12.177 placed somewhere in between my PC and NcSoft servers. According to Arenanet’s customer service that’s the reason why I get disconnected. My PC is connected via ethernet (no wifi) with my cable-modem and my ISP service has granted that there is no problem with my internet connection (in fact, while being disconnected from GW2 servers, I’m connected with my guild mates by TeamSpeak without any problems)

Do you think I could solve this “disconnected from server” problem by using third-party programs such as WTFast? And the most important question: are this programs allowed or I could be banned?

WTFast allowed?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Well it say’s (In the premium edition) that GW2 is supported.

It’s not cheap…………………. Is it worth $10 a month per PC ?

Personally I can’t see there would be any problems with it.

(I could be wrong).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

WTFast allowed?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Using a VPN is okay, however it carries a risk due to the fact that you’re sharing an IP. If a bunch of bots are on the same IP for example, ArenaNet will ban all accounts linked to that IP. Simply put, there’s a 1% chance you’ll be banned for a few days for no reason.

If you’re experiencing packet loss at some point on your route, yes, a VPN can solve that problem. You’ll need to select a VPN server so that the route you take is no longer going through the problematic network. If it’s on your ISP’s own network however, you might not be able to.

WTFast allowed?

Posted by: rcjrulz.8592

rcjrulz.8592

I’ve been using WTFAST for GW2 since launch and even for many other MMOs. I do get disconnections when using it but on rare occasions. Its not something WTFAST can solve. I tend to believe the problem is on game server side. When i do get disconnected its mostly when every other person online in my guild also disconnects at that same moment.
There was a thread way back regarding usage of WTFAST and i think a Dev responded saying its safe to use these programs as long as it doesn’t mod the game play in anyway. So go ahead and use it, i would say take a month’s subscription and try it out so see if it helps reduce the dcs.

WTFast allowed?

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Using a VPN is okay, however it carries a risk due to the fact that you’re sharing an IP. If a bunch of bots are on the same IP for example, ArenaNet will ban all accounts linked to that IP. Simply put, there’s a 1% chance you’ll be banned for a few days for no reason.

If you’re experiencing packet loss at some point on your route, yes, a VPN can solve that problem. You’ll need to select a VPN server so that the route you take is no longer going through the problematic network. If it’s on your ISP’s own network however, you might not be able to.

That’s not completely true. Although yes WTFast does somewhat resemble a VPN, it however carries across your actual IP address along with the VPN IP address. This is because Guild Wars 2 is a WTFast supported game. If you wish to learn more, I suggest reading up about the feature on the WTFast website.

https://www.wtfast.com/pages/faq/
https://www.wtfast.com/pages/supported_games/

Check the section that talks about “Is WTFast Safe?”.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

(edited by Loli Ruri.8307)

WTFast allowed?

Posted by: Emin.9408

Emin.9408

Using a total VPN or a transparent one is allowed however you also have to keep in mind it can cause problems – which you’ll need to solve with support if it happens. There has been cases before but most of them resulted in a happy way.

This is true for ALL of them btw, not just for WTFast. I personally used BattlePing in games before and i like it a lot more than WTFast (no lies, best support i’ve met.) but i still had a situtation in Aion where it took 1-2 days to get it fixed.

So feel free to use it, althought i suggest BattlePing instead :-P

WTFast allowed?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Although yes WTFast does somewhat resemble a VPN, it however carries across your actual IP address along with the VPN IP address.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Banned-for-gold-selling-what-the-hell/4829933

As for WTFast using your actual IP, it’s basically disabled while you’re logging in. It then activates and hijacks your authenticated session. While actually playing, ArenaNet will see WTFast’s IP. For ArenaNet to actually see your IP while tunneling, they would have to be acting as the end of that tunnel, as in an extension of WTFast.

WTFast allowed?

Posted by: Emin.9408

Emin.9408

Yup that is true, most of them uses your own IP to log-in but transmit the in-game data via VPN.

WTFast allowed?

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Although yes WTFast does somewhat resemble a VPN, it however carries across your actual IP address along with the VPN IP address.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Banned-for-gold-selling-what-the-hell/4829933

As for WTFast using your actual IP, it’s basically disabled while you’re logging in. It then activates and hijacks your authenticated session. While actually playing, ArenaNet will see WTFast’s IP. For ArenaNet to actually see your IP while tunneling, they would have to be acting as the end of that tunnel, as in an extension of WTFast.

That’s pretty much it. But I kept it simple.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.