Will my new computer run guild wars 2 smoothly?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: BCDragon.5614

BCDragon.5614

Processor: i5-2320 3.0ghtz
8 gig ram
AMD Radeon HD 7350

Posted by: lucifiel.5296

lucifiel.5296

Umm, the GPU might be the bottle neck there (I must admit I’m not a hugely knowledgeable with AMD, but just looked at the specs…) but you’ll definitely be able to run it on Low-Med at 30-40 fps I think.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I’m guessing this is pre-made ? Unless this is like, $300, I would not buy it. The GPU is a re-brand of the 5450/6450.

You’ll want to replace the graphics card – it’s pretty much below the minimum requirements of GW2. I would guess… I dunno, maybe 10fps on low. Maybe the CPU can make up for it, but I doubt it would be really playable – I’ve seen people with decent CPUs that have had GPUs around this level – and the unplayable 5-15fps is what they’ve said, so that’s what I’d expect.

http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gid=1064&graphics=Radeon%20HD%207350%201GB%20DDR3

If this is pre made and it’s REALLY CHEAP, sure – go for it. But be prepared to spend $150 for a new graphic card. Also, you’ll have to check the PSU – if it’s not say, at least 500W, you’ll need to get a new one – another $60+.

And at that point, you might as well build it yourself since replacing the PSU is your majority of the “connecting wires” that people are hesitant to do themselves when building a computer (but it’s not that hard, don’t worry).

BCDragon.5614

Um don’t know where you think this computer is only 300…its more like 2200 thanks.

Posted by: tekwiz.8635

tekwiz.8635

2-grand for this crap? that’s enough to make a headline tomorrow.
you’re making someone rich, you know.

E3-1230v2
P8Z68-V
GTX 560 Ti

BCDragon.5614

2-grand for this crap? that’s enough to make a headline tomorrow.
you’re making someone rich, you know.

whatever….anyway.

Posted by: gosu.8153

gosu.8153

Um don’t know where you think this computer is only 300…its more like 2200 thanks.

ROFL 2200?
Wow you got ripped off really badly.
lololol
I can’t believe it.

tekwiz.8635

with just processor and memory alone will net you 400 —- 3 if someone throw it as combo (or better with 2nd hand)
and the rest of 1800 is… steam, i guess?

E3-1230v2
P8Z68-V
GTX 560 Ti

Posted by: michaeljhuman.3940

michaeljhuman.3940

$2200 US? Seems a bit high for a lower end i5 and what could be a rebranded 6000 series GPU (that model number seems to be for an OEM version of a Radeon GPU, which I don’t know a lot about.)

Be more helpful if I could figure out what GPU that is, in the standard product line.

Posted by: Kalec.6589

Kalec.6589

$2200, OMG. I sell that CPU for $180 and the AMD 7350 is used only for OEM. (Dell, HP, Acer) The 7350 is based on the 2 year old 5450. Which I sell for $40 retail.

Sorry, that you got scammed, but GW2 on this is not going to be good. My advise is to return that system and look at get a custom built.

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX670 4GB | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | Corsair AX650
2×8GB Crucial Ballistix 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 | Arc Midi R2 | Asus VE278Q 27" 1920×1080
Edifier S330D | Superlux 668B | Audiotrak Prodigy Cube | CMstorm Trigger | Logitech G500

BCDragon.5614

Uh no, I am not returning anything and you all can stop posting here now since all I am getting are rude comments. Its no wonder I hardly post anything on here

Kalec.6589

I’m trying to help you understand what kind of system you got. many stores do not case what they sell you, they tell you that its so good it will run anything.
I have dealt with this for many years, and fought with stores to help customers like you.

The video card in your system is the same performance as a 2 year old 5450. Which now sells for $40. That will barely run GW2 at medium with 1920×1080.

I understand your frustration, but if you want help I can do that for you.

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX670 4GB | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | Corsair AX650
2×8GB Crucial Ballistix 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 | Arc Midi R2 | Asus VE278Q 27" 1920×1080
Edifier S330D | Superlux 668B | Audiotrak Prodigy Cube | CMstorm Trigger | Logitech G500

Posted by: Searias.9601

Searias.9601

I really don’t understand why BCDragon is getting mad about. I mean these people are trying to help you out. $2200, wow that’s quiet a lot for that setup, did you by any chance get a 30inch IPS monitor with that computer? If you did I am afraid that you will not be able to run the game at the native resolution with that setup.

gosu.8153

Uh no, I am not returning anything and you all can stop posting here now since all I am getting are rude comments. Its no wonder I hardly post anything on here

Why would you not return it? You shouldn’t have paid more than $600 for that computer.

BCDragon.5614

Because guess what…I am in the game as I post this and I have 30-35 fps…so much for this computer not being able to run GW2 huh. HA

EDIT: Actually anywhere from 35-45 fps. So yeah, you guys might wanna do a little more research before making fools of yourselves.

(edited by BCDragon.5614)

gosu.8153

Still doesn’t change the fact that you got majorly ripped off. Like I said, a $600 computer can give you the same performance.

Oh and nobody said your new comp can’t run GW2. They all said you paid too much for it.

Basically, you paid $2200 to get a crappy computer that only gives you 30-45 FPS in low settings.
You got scammed lol.

(edited by gosu.8153)

BCDragon.5614

Ummm guess again I am running the 1600 resolution and playing in best performace and getting that…so yeah stop making yourself look like a fool. And yes people DID post that this computer wouldn’t be able to run it.

Posted by: Crazedmonk.9061

Crazedmonk.9061

BCDragon is a pro troll. Anet should ban him and lock this thread.

BCDragon.5614

I am not trolling. I come to ask whether or not my computer will run it and every man and theirkittendog shoots it down. Then when I prove them wrong I get people like you calling me a troll. Yeah, this will be the last time I post on these forums.

Kalec.6589

You never proved any one wrong. 30-35fps is not good, period. If that is your max, at 1600×900. Your CPU is doing most of the work. The 7350 is doing nothing on that system. Its not a gaming card, when it is the low end of the model series.
You should be getting 60fps, that way if there is more action and massive details hit, it will drop your fps.

With 30-35 tops, you will drop badly. I tell you to return it, cause at $2200 is a rip off. The place where you bought it, dont care what they gave you. As long they made commission and money.
I’ve seen this happen too many times, and you should not feel ashamed that this happens. its the sales person fault that sold it to you.

This can be fixed and you can really enjoy the game and any other games more.

I paid about $2300 for mine system which is my sig. That is not all of the parts listed.
Sig limit.
I’m doing another upgrade to a 27" 2560×1440, which you do need a good GPU to run it at 60fps on that res.

(edited by Kalec.6589)

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Wow… with that money you can get my system minus one GTX 680 and few HDDs.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Hmm ..ill have to agree with what most are saying here.

Whether thats in US $ or £ or euro’s .. thats to much for that rig. If you can you should most deffinatly return it and get your money back. You ‘could’ create a monster rig for that price.

Will your current rig run GW2 ..yes, will it run it how it should be played, i.e with max settings + native resolution with frame rates above 50fps most of the time… deffinatly not.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

(edited by SolarNova.1052)

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Claim it all you want, but that card is not netting you 40+ FPS. There’s no way.

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

In all honesty, some of the reactions to 2200 was a bit rude. I will admit though that the price is surprising.

Back to the original question, a 7350 is not really a gaming GPU. It may run the game and perhaps well for casual gaming in quiet areas but once you go to a really busy area … hello slideshow.

If you can tell us your Power Supply model we should be able to recommend a nice upgrade anywhere from $100 to $500.

Posted by: Alteris.1528

Alteris.1528

Judging by what I know about PCs (Been building them for 12+ years) and what wiki is showing he is Definitely NOT getting that said 35-45 FPS with an HD7350….
I run GW2 on an old 955BE @ 3.9GHz, 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz and an HD4890 1GB at 1440×900 with everything set to max/high except for shadows which are medium and no AA :/ and I average 40-60 FPS with dips as low as 30 with lots or action/detail. So you getting 35-45 FPS on a video card with 80 shaders vs my 800 is BS lols.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units#Evergreen_.28HD_5xxx.29_series

(edited by Alteris.1528)

Kalec.6589

If it is a Dell, HP, Acer, Gateway, Emachine. With that video card, the PSU used will most likely be 350w. max at times is 500w. But power draw will be close to a 400w, which they over spec on the sticker.
Upgrading now will cost him even more, than returning it and starting over with a custom built.

Here shows your 7350. With only 512MB ram. With the low speed ram of DDR2/DDR3, it will limit what you can do.
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/oem-solutions/Pages/desktop.aspx#2

Right now, your CPU is doing all the work with GW2. 7350 is barely being used. The higher the res you have, the more Vram the 7350 needs. GW2 can push upwards of 800MB, which 7350 dont have.

BCDragon, please dont feel bad. You have the right to be upset at the place you bought it from. The sales person made money at your expense.

You can always send me a private message, and I will try to help if your within my area. So we can discuss and help fix this problem.

Posted by: michaeljhuman.3940

michaeljhuman.3940

Sounds like the OP has already decided his PC can run the game to his satisfaction.

But it’s confusing to me if the PC was bought in the US, and $2200 was for the PC alone with no other add ons like monitors.

While some posts were a bit unkind, perhaps, and irrelevant of whether you think the PC runs well enough, the PC is still not a good value.

Glad you are happy with it, as that’s only matter of importance.

(edited by michaeljhuman.3940)

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

It seems to me like the i5 processors integrated graphics core (intel HD 2000) could be helping out with the frame rates. Its also difficult to assume that the value of $2200 is excessive when you cannot see the full picture, we do not know what accessories came with the purchase of the desktop, such has monitors, printers, scanners, or even a new computer desk/chair. However if the price was in US dollars and was only for the sole purchase of a base unit desktop with the listed spec, then I too would have to agree that the price of the product would have been over valued.

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

tekwiz.8635

virtu MVP? not worth the hassle.
and the thread OP is reluctant to argue on how he lay down two-grand for such a crap.

E3-1230v2
P8Z68-V
GTX 560 Ti

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

If this isn’t a troll thread and the machine is still new, I would try to return it. $2200USD for that is a major rip off unless it includes the price of other hardware/office furniture and you could have gotten something that could run the game at over 60fps on highest settings even in big fights for that money.

The “$300” I said wasn’t to make fun of you, it’s just that I thought you were considering buying this machine – and I wouldn’t have paid more than $300 for it. If it was a sale machine, sure, it could have been worth your time to upgrade the parts !

The i5 is a good processor and as it stands is doing the brunt of the work. I really, really hope you did not pay $2200 for this machine. I am not trying to be mean to you, that is just such a big rip-off, if true, that it would be unethical beyond how computer manufacturers usually rip people off.

OP, if you are not a troll, people here can help you upgrade your GPU and probably PSU to greatly improve your gaming performance. No one is trying to be mean to you, just help you – at first we wanted to save you from buying a bad system. If you can’t return it, we can at least help you pair the i5 with a GPU that will really let you get great performance.

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

Brain damage at its worst..

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Posted by: Fey.7610

Fey.7610

Processor: i5-2320 3.0ghtz
8 gig ram
AMD Radeon HD 7350

You ask us how your computer will run given the specs you have presented, yet 8 hours later you tell us:

Because guess what…I am in the game as I post this and I have 30-35 fps…so much for this computer not being able to run GW2 huh. HA

EDIT: Actually anywhere from 35-45 fps. So yeah, you guys might wanna do a little more research before making fools of yourselves.

Why even bother asking here so?

Also, you claim the system cost you 2200 something (dollars, euros)?

Either way, that is a gigantic ripoff. 1 minute of googling will tell you that.

If you really payed this much, get a refund immediately because you have been fooled. Otherwise, you are a really weak troll.

Posted by: Shinzou.1534

Shinzou.1534

I can believe him getting 35-45 fps on lowest settings with that setup. No was is he running at decent settings though.

I have a $1400 setup that is much better than his. Max settings I run at 60 fps with vsync enabled.

BCDragon, don’t get snippy because we say you paid too much. You did pay too much. $2200 should have gotten you a MUCH better computer. Instead of 35-45 fps on lowest settings, you could be getting 60 fps with vsync enabled on highest settings and been able to play the latest games at highest settings.

Posted by: puffmouse.7189

puffmouse.7189

last night i picked this up at the store

dell xps 8300
i7 2600
12gb ram
1tb hard drive
AMD RADEON HD 6450

on auto detect settings im getting 30fps.
on max setting i get 7-16fps

i will need a real gpu in the future but i can play fine on low settings for now until i have more hardware moneys

pricetag: $599

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

A common problem on these forums is that when someone mentions XX fps it means nothing in and of itself. They could be staring at a wall in a quiet area, virtually any gaming system will give you 30+ fps somewhere. Conversely, it could be during a wvw siege with 60+ players.

Everyone should mention what situation the fps is recorded at. A quiet PvE fps and a 30+ player event fps or perhaps a Lions Arch at prime-time.

Also, mention the graphics settings including resolution. Otherwise, it will be most likely be misinterpreted or uninformative.

Posted by: Fox.1054

Fox.1054

There is nothing rude about the truth, you got scammed VERY badly. So badly that I find it hard to believe to begin with. A sum of 2200 could’ve gotten you a custom high-end system complete with peripherals and a high quality display. If you bought this system recently I would seriously consider taking some steps against the seller to get your money back, considering you paid almost tenfold the system’s worth. I would never let a scammer walk away with the spoils just like that.

Posted by: Treble.1563

Treble.1563

Depends. If he got a Dell IPS monitor of considerable size, some of those cost upwards of $1000-1300. Meaning $500 for the tower, $100 for the keyboard/mouse, and $400 for the Dell brand name.

Man I hope he got the monitor. They’re pretty incredible and the price he paid wouldn’t be -too- bad. It’ll still be bad, of course, but at least a little bit more justifiable.

S U M E T A L [ Warrior ][ S/Wh + Ham ][ Zerg Shout Support ]
M O A M E T A L [ Necromancer ][ Staff + D/F ][ Power DS/Wells ]
Y U I M E T A L [ Engineer ][ 3kit P/S ][ Havoc Roam ]

BCDragon.5614

Claim it all you want, but that card is not netting you 40+ FPS. There’s no way.

Hate to say it, but it is…but I don’t care whether or not if anyone believes me. This machine plays the game fine and that’s all that matters.

Posted by: Shotguntony.4162

Shotguntony.4162

Considering I just built an ivy bridge z77 i5 3550 with 8gig ram a hd 7870 and a128g ssd including windows 7 for just under a thousand. So yeah his purchase of this computer was not very well researched since a computers twice as good can be had for half the price. But I guess if he’s happy with it that’s all well and good but facts are facts..

Posted by: Searias.9601

Searias.9601

I doubt that he spent $2200 on that computer anyways. Take a look at one of his older posts https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Is-this-a-good-processor-for-GW2, seems to me like he only buys low end parts :P.

Posted by: Shotguntony.4162

Shotguntony.4162

Well as they say around these parts “not my chair, not my problem” maybe in six years he will buy my current computer for 2200 bucks.

Posted by: VirtualBS.3165

VirtualBS.3165

This machine plays the game fine and that’s all that matters.

Thread op question answered then, time to close it now!

Everyone, please stop falling for this stuff!

Posted by: Morgolus.9637

Morgolus.9637

This guy is either trolling or lying. No way he paid more than $500 for that machine…if he really paid $2200 then whoever sold it to him is laughing all the way to the bank.

Were some folks a bit harsh about the supposed $2200? Yes but the bottom line is he has a whole thread telling him he was scammed and trying to help him and he is talking smack and ignoring them.

This smells of troll to me.

BCDragon.5614

I doubt that he spent $2200 on that computer anyways. Take a look at one of his older posts https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Is-this-a-good-processor-for-GW2, seems to me like he only buys low end parts :P.

that was a laptop…this is a desktop…and yes I did spend $2200 on it and I really don’t give a **** if noone believes me. As for me being a troll….not likely…as for me lying, again no but I don’t give a kitten

EDIT: Mods please lock this thread now as it giving me nothing but problems. Thank you.

(edited by BCDragon.5614)

Kalec.6589

BCDragon, I’ve been trying to help and I was not being rude to you.
$2200 for the PC you have, is outrageous. In my sig, that PC cost $2300. That is a big difference in performance compared to yours.

You didnt bother to read any of the help I’m trying to do. It seems you’re stuck at believing the place you bought your PC, as being good for gaming.

You’re being rude attitude, with no regards for any help. I do not understand why you posted about your system, and not take serious advise to help.

I even showed you the link for the 7350 you have, and how it is based just for OEM company like HP, Dell, Acer, Lenovo. Tell where the performance lies in the market.

I hope you will try to understand, that $2200 is not the right price for that system. The longer you wait, the worse it will be.

Thank you.

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

Please OP, get your money back. It’s insane if you paid over $2000 for that, absolutely insane. It’s barely worth a quarter of what you paid.

Where did you buy it from?

Posted by: Morgolus.9637

Morgolus.9637

What’s obvious is you don’t give a kitten about wasting your hard earned money or listening to the advice YOU asked for.

You also aren’t the first person to stick your fingers in your ears to avoid the truth that you’d rather not hear so.. have fun with that insanely overpriced box you bought.

Posted by: funforums.4850

funforums.4850

Lol 2200$ for that is incredible.
You sir just got ROBBED.

Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.5 GHz – 4GB RAM – GTX 470
Windows 8 Professional

BCDragon.5614

What’s obvious is you don’t give a kitten about wasting your hard earned money or listening to the advice YOU asked for.

You also aren’t the first person to stick your fingers in your ears to avoid the truth that you’d rather not hear so.. have fun with that insanely overpriced box you bought.

LOL I didn’t ask for advice on how to replace parts on this machine nor did I ask for anyone to tell me how to spend MY money. All I asked was whether or not this machine would run the game smoothly and instead all I have gotten is rude comments so next time know the facts before walking into the conversation.

BCDragon.5614

And quite frankly, all they needed to do was say yes or no, not continue on and on and on about how bad someones computer sucks.