error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kebra Nagast.4189

Kebra Nagast.4189

Same here. For me all the problems started with wintersday, before I played quite a lot and it was perfect (even during Halloween), my connection is good with every other game/application and my PC’s hardware is an overkill for GW2.

Now I can play 3-5 minutes (with lag) and then I’m kicked out and I get this code. I saw a lot of people in game having this problem. I also tried to change the homeworld with one less crowded, but it was the same.

Posted by: criminofourfiveZeRo.5623

criminofourfiveZeRo.5623

here is my -diag

Attachments:

Posted by: mitch.1829

mitch.1829

Unplayable : I log into the game, start to play with lags and disconnected after 30 seconds to 1 minute…

Posted by: wyv.9263

wyv.9263

Has there been a fix for this yet? Have tried everything anet has said to try but still no luck, I can get to the character screen but when zoning in error 7 comes up and game crashes. Would love to be able to play a game I paid 60$ for, hopefully the issues is resolved very soon as this is really irritating and I would love to play this game

Posted by: PugTheMagus.9368

PugTheMagus.9368

I had this error perhaps 4 or 5 times in 10 min of play. I try to do my story quest, and so I have to do it each time from the beginning.
I have also a lot of freezes, sometimes 10 sec; Combats are impossible.
I see no other solution than to stop playing, if this is not corrected. I can’t do nothing.
Combats, instances, dongeons, I don’t even mention fractals.
Why is there no answers from Anet ??
Its the first game I have so big troubles. I remember playing Everquest on US servers….

Posted by: Joylance.5084

Joylance.5084

Unplayable: I always getting disconnect after 5 minutes of playing (well not even 5 minutes). People still getting this and Anet just can´t fix it. Please can u finally make a fix?! It´s a 3 month from the start of this thread.

Posted by: Valhalla Destroyer.1907

Valhalla Destroyer.1907

Got the game yesterday but haven’t been able to even complete the the first quest because i get disconnected every five minutes and sent back to character selection.
Does anyone know when this is going to be fixed, because this thread is about 3 mouths old now and still no word from ArenaNet on even if they can fix it.

Posted by: Miles.5081

Miles.5081

For me was solution to do this:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Rename this shortcut to “anything you want”.

4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties”.

5. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.

Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”

6. Set run compatible for: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).

7. Set run as administrator .

8. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

9. Run by created shortcut .

In steps 6. and 7. I am not sure of right labels, cause I have other language version of win7 x64.

Hope it helps others!

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

I have had the game since day 1. I constantly get disconnected. I cant join any dungeons with my guild mates due to this…the game for me is virtualy unplayable…While i love what the game has to offer….I think id like to have my money for it refunded as it is prety much useless to me atm!

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

Posted by: Valhalla Destroyer.1907

Valhalla Destroyer.1907

thanx miles.5081 did what you sed and iv been playing for a hour without it disconnecting. i can finally play the game

Posted by: orchid.4726

orchid.4726

The /clientport fix seemed to work for me as well for a couple of hours. Then i joined WvW with a decent number of players. Lags and error 7:11 were back…
Really annoying when there is a queue…

Server : Blackgate
Guild : [HB] (www.hb-eu.com)

Posted by: Korzik.2690

Korzik.2690

I just installed the game yesterday. I am lucky to make it through character creation without getting kicked back to character select with no warning or error message. I am also having the issue of of “The game client lost it’s connection to the server”

My wife has been playing the game for a couple months with this issue rarely occurring. Last night we were playing together. She never DC’d meanwhile I had 7.

We are at neighboring computers hardwired into the router.

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

My wife and I have experienced this issue in an interesting way, so I figured I might post here to add to the knowledge base about it. First, our situations for running the game are virtually identical:

We have physically identical machines and hardware (and mostly software, too)
We sit in the same room, connected wirelessly to the same router
We (obviously) connect through the same IP
We play together, logged into the same zones at the same time, and our characters are nearby each other

Our lag and disconnection experiences, however, are quite different. While I almost never have any visible lag and can’t remember the last time I was disconnected, my wife gets both on a semi-regular basis. When it happens, it looks something like this: first, activity on her screen seems to pause – damage numbers, enemy movement, and skills all stop, though she can move about as normal. I see no difference in my gameplay. Within 30 seconds, she experiences a quick “catch up,” where all the things that happened while she was lagged suddenly occur for her all at once. This will happen several times, until finally, usually within a few minutes from the first lag spike, she will be booted to the character select screen. If she logs in again, the same problem occurs within a minute or two. The same thing happens if she logs back in with a different character, or in a different game zone, or both. Throughout all of this, I get not one hint of lag.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this is what I notice when I compare our two screens while she’s “lagged.” On hers, she can move about, but the world seems otherwise frozen. On mine, not only is the world moving normally, but I can also see HER actions in real time. If she tries to use a skill while lagged, she sees no response, yet I see it happen correctly! The conclusion I draw from this is that the server is successfully receiving inputs that she sends, but not sending her anything back in return. It seems unlikely to be a problem between us and the server, because those reply messages are getting back to me just fine.

Wondering if it was some kind of bandwidth cap issue somewhere, I tried logging out so that only she was connected to the game. It made no difference. My suspicion is that somehow her account is being served at a consistently lower priority than mine, since this problem never occurs in reverse – I’m never the one lagged while she’s doing fine. The next time this happens, I’m going to have us switch seats and each log in from the other’s machine to see if the problem tracks the machine or the account.

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

My suspicion is that somehow her account is being served at a consistently lower priority than mine, since this problem never occurs in reverse – I’m never the one lagged while she’s doing fine. The next time this happens, I’m going to have us switch seats and each log in from the other’s machine to see if the problem tracks the machine or the account.

This is something I’ve been suspecting ever since I started to see these lag issues. It’s very interesting to read your post here. Also, your suggestion to “switch seats” to see what happens then would also be very, very interesting to read.
I’m going to have to remember to check back on this thread with your report!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: AiiBoy.9327

AiiBoy.9327

Okay first off, I have been logging ridiculous hours since head start. Around the start of Winstersday this error started happening to me irregularly . Some days i could go for a couple hours of play without DC. On days like today I cannot last 5 minutes in game, I am talking, connecting perfectly fine then watching helplessly as my latency starts going up. My roll bar doesnt move and i can roll an infinite amount of times (b4 dying /sigh). THE THING IS I CAN SEE EVERYTHING AROUND ME PERFECTLY FINE (PEOPLE MOVING AROUND, SKILLS, DOWNS, LOOT) while i lag out in a corner spamming roll. You cannot ignore this. I can even talk in map chat and converse with people AS I lag out. I think there is information you are withholding from us. Many of us are having this problem with no explanation… What? you dont care cause we already bought the game?

I’ve done DNS flush, winsock reset, opened ports, tried wifi and wired. BRAND NEW GAMING LAPTOP. SAME PROBLEM. YES I BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP. Tried calling Shaw, my ISP nothing. My love for this game and your company has turned into frustration, why offer a F2P service when you cant handle the load… sigh arenanet…

PS… I have changed my password over 10 times, my account info says i have only logged from this IP address, yet sometimes I get the message “another client has connected to guild wars using this account”… my heart drops 3 inches down in my chest everytime…kittenraaaaageeee

(edited by AiiBoy.9327)

Posted by: AiiBoy.9327

AiiBoy.9327

Your game is still UNPLAYABLE for many of us paid costumers. I check in every couple hours. same thing. UNPLAYABLE. Go to any map in this game and type 7:11:3:189:101, YOU WILL GET PEOPLE TALKING BECAUSE EVERYONE IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM. this is ridiculous.

EDIT: Thanks anyways miles.5081 but i tried clientport fix and it did not work. It might seem like these local fixes we are trying work but i am sure the problem is with the arenanet servers. Sometimes (during light player load?) I am able to play fix or no fix. Like i said everything in the game is 100% functional with MINIMAL PING including chat, other peoples skills other people’s heals as WE unfortunate folk lag out. PS it takes me an average of 5 minutes after latency start to rise YES 5 frustrating minutes while in the MIDDLE of something to finally DC and hit the Character Select screen and see 7:11… During these 5 mins , i will repeat again, i am spamming skills rolling around like a chicken with no head. the game is 100% functional except for me, the customer disconnecting…. sigh

PS You should extend wintersday for the people who havent been able to play the past month. AFTER you find the fix for this… I cant even get past toypocalypse round 3 without disconnecting which is so so so so so so sad… I cant even get 2 notes in bell hero because my latency is so bad.

(edited by AiiBoy.9327)

Posted by: onilosmada.8496

onilosmada.8496

Having same issue. Diag attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I can no longer play WvW. Either i cannot get in at all, or at the first battle it cuts out. Recently i cant log into lions arch overflow either, i just get the endless load screen and then this as i`m thrown out.

I experience this in no other game and have a fantastic ping, which is essential as in FPS i am often a sniper and can notice even slight ping differences in my play experience.

I never had this, even in head start or beta. Since a week or so ago, it is crippling and as i am a commander, its ruining my contribution to my server.

Posted by: Azjatos.7540

Azjatos.7540

When sell the game, you have to make sure that the server durable new players.
I play all day today from 8pm i have nonstop lags and error code. Servers can not withstand the load. This is from a few days always at the same times 8pm to 12pm.

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Same to me. I play since headstart, never had any connection problems.

Problems started right after Winterdays patch. Today its by far the worst day ever. Cannot play longer than 1-5 min until 7:11 error kicks me out of the game.

GW2 in the current state is UNPLAYABLE.

Posted by: Sinbad.3240

Sinbad.3240

Yea I’ve also been playing since the headstart and I never had connection problems. I started getting disconnected every 20 mins or so after the wintersday patch. It’s pretty annoying. I’ve lost count on how many times my character’s died while attacking a mob. It’s getting to the point of being unbearable…I hope Arenanet fixes this problem, real soon.

Posted by: Mike.2350

Mike.2350

Same here, I’ve been play GW2 for almost two month, and never get any problem.
This is the first time I get stuck in game.
I can run all the map, do anything and stay as long as i want.
But I can’t enter any Dungeon, when I enter the Dungeon it will show error code 7:11:3:189:101.
That’s really frustrated.
and hope Arenanet could fix it as soon as they can.

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Even in the morning (no primetime) its still UNPLAYABLE.

Game is broken since Winterdays patch. Everything worked just fine before. I noticed lags and disconnects (7:11 error) right after winterdays patch went live. Now after xmas its worst, get disconnected every few minutes and it lags like hell.

Posted by: indiechixor.2418

indiechixor.2418

I just starting getting this error tonight, funnest new addition: “You are not in a Guild” error…. No matter which Guild I ‘represent’.

OGDeadHead.8326

Eagerly awaiting a new report from VincentDW.9376 to see if these issues are indeed account-related, with some accounts being set to lower priority than others.

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

From today i getting this error every 5 minutes…created a ticket, wait for answer..

Posted by: Minax.3284

Minax.3284

For me was solution to do this:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Rename this shortcut to “anything you want”.

4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties”.

5. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.

Thanks a lot! This problem popped out of nowhere today, never had this before. This workaround fixed it for me!

Posted by: evoluzione.7251

evoluzione.7251

My wife and I have experienced this issue in an interesting way, so I figured I might post here to add to the knowledge base about it. First, our situations for running the game are virtually identical:

We play together, logged into the same zones at the same time, and our characters are nearby each other

<snip>

Wondering if it was some kind of bandwidth cap issue somewhere, I tried logging out so that only she was connected to the game. It made no difference. My suspicion is that somehow her account is being served at a consistently lower priority than mine, since this problem never occurs in reverse – I’m never the one lagged while she’s doing fine. The next time this happens, I’m going to have us switch seats and each log in from the other’s machine to see if the problem tracks the machine or the account.

WOW!!! We have had exactly the SAME issue and the same sort of effects that you enumerated. I’ve been going nuts trying to figure out why my wife’s computer has been having this issue and mine has not. (My wife said that GW2 must be discriminating against women, after I read your post to her… haha.)

If this has been a choice on Anet’s part to do this on purpose then they are making a huge mistake, because (for obvious reasons) my enjoyment of the game is also dependent on the wife’s enjoyment of the game.

Posted by: Korzik.2690

Korzik.2690

<snip>

WOW!!! We have had exactly the SAME issue and the same sort of effects that you enumerated. I’ve been going nuts trying to figure out why my wife’s computer has been having this issue and mine has not. (My wife said that GW2 must be discriminating against women, after I read your post to her… haha.)

If this has been a choice on Anet’s part to do this on purpose then they are making a huge mistake, because (for obvious reasons) my enjoyment of the game is also dependent on the wife’s enjoyment of the game.

Same issue here although my wife is the one with the stable connection.

I tried the /clientport ‘fix’ it did nothing for me on Vista 64. Still hoping a solution if found by Dev’s because I really do want to enjoy the game. I just can’t, it gets frustrating DCing every 5-15 mins.

OGDeadHead.8326

Have you guys tried the “switch seats” thing, to see if this is indeed account related, or if it is something with your computers? Would be most interesting to know.

Posted by: ryxxed.4208

ryxxed.4208

I get error 7 messages when I’m plugged into my router, but when I plug the ethernet cable into my cable modem directly I never get them.

Posted by: Troy.5472

Troy.5472

I came to this game when a friend of mine invited me during your “invite a friend” event to see if when i do actually buy the game i won’t get any errors or problems, Surely enough everything was running smooth as silk, no errors, no serious laggs etc….

A month later, BAM!!! can’t even play the whole day yesterday and today after what seems like an eternity finally got in the game but only to play it not less than 30 minutes. This wasn’t the first error, before that sometimes I can’t even log in.

Yes I have tried everything but still ain’t nothing working so far.

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

For those of you waiting for more details on what I’ve been able to find out via experimentation, sorry I don’t have more to tell you – the situation for carrying out a good “seat switch” test hasn’t arisen yet. While my wife has experienced the lag/disconnect problem once since the last time I posted, it cleared up on its own after a single disconnect, so we didn’t get a chance to do any testing with it. Clearly we aren’t having this problem with anything like the regularity some of the other posters here are having it.

Posted by: miimosa.9087

miimosa.9087

This is beyond annoying. I’ve been playing since the headstart, and I’ve never encountered this problem until recently. A few days ago when I tried playing (I hadn’t played in about two or three weeks prior to this), I started to get the error message. At first it happened every 30 minutes or so, so I was like “Aight, I can handle this. It’s no biggie”.
But now? I don’t even last 45 seconds in the game before getting disconnected.
I tried the port thing and I failed to see any improvement.
I’m super irritated now. I was looking forward to actually start playing the game once again, but I clearly can’t even do that =.=

Posted by: Dragon Blaze.7125

Dragon Blaze.7125

I am suffering from this predicament as well. Adding “/clientport 80” to the target line of my shortcut worked for ONE session, then became useless, as the problem resumed the next time I launched the game. I am now at the point where I am allowed no more than ten seconds of gameplay before I receive an “error code 7” message. I beseech you, ArenaNet, to fix this posthaste! ’Tis unbearable!

Posted by: Tutone.6750

Tutone.6750

Having same issue here is the log I have tired everything nothing works called ISP said nothing they can do everything is fine on their end but comcast sucks so take that with a grain of salt.

Attachments:

Posted by: Asrai.5384

Asrai.5384

game client disconnected with error code 7:11:3:189:101. every 5 to 10 minutes and i experienced lags between 5 to 45 seconds this happened while i used ports gathered or came into a fight in wvw could not fix it with /clientport 80 and also not with other suggestions posted here or in other forums

following fixed it for me

my system runs with windows 7 64bit and ATI HD7770 newest version of the drivers
i downloaded the newest version of the graphic drivers and antivirus software again, uninstalled the Drivers and the antivirus software performed than a Clean Boot (Step 1: Put your system in Clean Boot which will start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps in eliminating software conflicts.
Follow the steps below to put your system in clean boot:
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.)
i reinstalled now first the graphic software restarted the system put it out of the clean boot and reinstalled the antivirus software

… i did not have one disconnect or massive lag since i reinstalled …..

Posted by: formatel.8492

formatel.8492

hi im a old gamer i played wow 4 8 years was looking in mean wile 4 a replacement tryed lotro starwars strtrek and few more found 3 months go this 1 first2 months i started to like the game and lvlt to 80 in wvw i must say gj on this game only thing what happen d i started to get lagg errors with trading post game crashes oke i blamed my laptop last 3 weeks but after google the code i got last few days i had 35 game conection loss evry 5kitten#8230;. minuts soem one sayed google i did found my code this 1 / 7:11:3:189:101 seems alot of people have probs with it did evrything u guys sayed from the gmae nothing helpt so 2 months of yoy 4 46 euro and now i must go back get my money back our so wow i dont play nomore goes if u py u want to PLAY wright and with wow i had many isues also in past so dont blame us look what happend last 3 weeks and fix it plzzz i wana stay and fight ,i got my realm avenger in 2 months so yeah i like to fight but plz help goes i dont know else wat to do and reinstaling windows sory but i stil can play wow and that 1 is bigger than this game so my lap top should handle this 1 easy, our maby goes gw2 is such a succes u try to get rid of us ,nice game but i wana play

Posted by: formatel.8492

formatel.8492

ow yes to reply on ur game masters after 1 motnh 2 motnhs complaining by players yes i have the game
i live in holland gmt amsterdam
i mostly try to play from 1700 til 1200
sometimesi play at night gloreous fights with the frenchys true but what else can i do i did evrything in the book to fix my laptop but after 35 dcs and error codes wile my brothers next to me play wow sory but it s not at my end (i just dont want back to wow )goes yes this is a very good game that must has been told and sayed, i tel it evry one i like this game but if i was only 1 with this problem yes than its me but arena net google it there loads of pages about this error

Posted by: Xruptor.3965

Xruptor.3965

I’m getting this issue now the last couple of days. Will be trying the port forwarding to see if it helps. Thanks for the write-up btw.

Posted by: Xruptor.3965

Xruptor.3965

Okay I did the port forwarding and it didn’t help at all. I’m still getting these disconnects out of nowhere. I haven’t had any issues for nearly two months. Now randomly I’m getting disconnected the last two days for no apparent reason.

Please help!

Attachments:

Posted by: Kraitugaron.4813

Kraitugaron.4813

After ca. 15 Minutes DC … today in 2h got about 11 DC’s

Played PVE (jumping puzzles) – no DC
Played WvW – a lot of DC
now in PVE a lot of DCs too…

Got 16k Telecom – so there shouldn’t be any trouble.

Posted by: Hawkster.2398

Hawkster.2398

Hey arena net just want to say awesome game , but to inform you since you took off winters-day , my game get major lags and dc exactly like what Vincent Dw describe ,

Now before you took off the wintersday I could play the whole day without a dc and now well now I cant even get past the frist part of fracatls lv 10 ,but that is now off topic .

Lastly I did all the port forwarding , did the client port 80 , It still does the same .

I know you guys can do ! and thank you for the help.

P.S I saw that the diag was made in compatibility so take note I have Win 7 64 bit

Posted by: Hawkster.2398

Hawkster.2398

But also from work place experience , I am led to believe that either these router hops are , badly sub netted or router 5 – 6 are leaving the building from my trace route and kraitugaron

Because kraitugaron lose all of his packets on hop 5 = major Lag spike

between my router 5-6 hop I gain over 200 ms delay also , looking at the other players logs it seems that after hop 9 up to hop 13 it is random anarchy

So I am led to believe you got a routing error on one of your routers .

Also understand I don’t know the setup of your servers , I am just giving advice into what I think is the problem this is all roughly were I would start looking for the problem .

Hope you get it fixed soon !

Posted by: Nivainne.4760

Nivainne.4760

I have the same problem right after I updated my GW2 client for post-Wintersday activities. Have tried repairing but it has did not work. I already submitted the Ask A Question ticket as advised. Hope to get this fixed soon.

Posted by: Mehrdad.9074

Mehrdad.9074

Yeah Hope We all hope =)) i dont think they can do … if u send an email to get support they will say ISP ISP that’s all they can do :P

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I have this EXCLUSIVELY when trying to log in to characters in Lion’s Arch after about 7pm UK time. Ridiculous.

Posted by: Nymphador.5947

Nymphador.5947

Yay ! Error 7 is here again. When it first appeared for me during december patch i was confused but then it slowly sort itself out and i thought things are back in normal. Nope. after last post-wintersday patch it appeared again, only this time more fiercely. I’m getting DCs every 5-10 minutes…

(edited by Nymphador.5947)

Posted by: madzoran.4802

madzoran.4802

I am not playing with wife -_-
First, i think it is not fixed since game launched. I am playing since 28.august….
Error, and pushback to the character screen menu appears for me most of times when i use the waypoint.
Good point is, that when i log back to the game, i am ported where i wanted :DD
Worse thing is, after Wintersday patch, these errors has begin to occure more and more, in cassual playing.
/e is very sad and not playing

Posted by: IceCold.5172

IceCold.5172

Something wrong some where i am still getting these annoying disconnects from server but not internet. And ive done everything possible.