main city loading half invisible

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

since about a patch after living world season 3 all the main cities have been loading in very slowly/half loading in (i can see floors and names and my character), i got the 64bit version but its been well hard to load into some maps like lions arch which already takes me a little bit to load into. however other maps i have little to no problems with them loading.

my graphics card is amd radeon HD 6670 xfx card 2 gb, also running in border-less window mode.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: Blocky.6831

Blocky.6831

Yeah I have noticed this issue too, specifically with Hoelbrak. I’m ignoring seeing as though it loads eventually. I run the 64 bit client with amd r9 290x in fullscreen. I have also noticed that npcs walking around in Divinty and Hoelbrak float and walk in the sky and stuff.

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

This isn’t a game bug, but its your hard drive that is too slow. Get kitten or at the very least try to defrag your mechanical drive. Even with kitten I get the invisible terrain while it loads map assets.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

That happens at times. A couple of years ago I had that happen in DR.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

ZerotheFang.5890

doubt it hard drive mine is a 1tb and i checked cause it only happens in main cities or a meta map like SW during first load in i think its a population thing.

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

doubt it hard drive mine is a 1tb and i checked cause it only happens in main cities or a meta map like SW during first load in i think its a population thing.

It doesn’t matter how large your drive is. If you are on a 1tb drive, chances are you are using a mechanical drive. What matters is SPEED, mechanical hard drives are slow no matter how big they are. And yes, the game takes longer to load in populated areas, its always been that way. Its much better if gw2 is running off a solid state drive.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Over the last few days, every time I log in for the first time on a given day, the environment takes a long time to load, even when my graphics are set at their lowest setting possible. I will log in and see some distant background objects and every NPC and a handful of other players, but the ground and the rest of the environment will slowly, piece-by-piece, load in. I also experienced moments of lag/stutter/whatever you want to call it yesterday 8/11/16. I wonder if any of this is related to recent patches, because normally my laptop (sorry, can’t give specs as I am not at home, and I wouldn’t know where to look to find that kind of information) doesn’t do these types of things to that extreme.

The environment loading issues so far have only happened whenever I log in for the first time each day, not necessarily when I WP to a new zone.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

ZerotheFang.5890

its not the hard drive if it was all other games i have would be acting up too and they are way more taxing then GW2 so its not the hard drive. i know its not cause the only issue i am having is the loading in main cities not every area in game HoT areas yeah 2-3 mins to load up npcs in high meta areas like VB/AB/DS but issue again is not the fact its loading slow everywhere it’s the main cities that are having the issue.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

We had this same issue a couple of years ago for a few months. It seems to be back again. Perhaps, it will be addressed in the near future, yet again. I hope so.

Posted by: Eliot Lee.9547

Eliot Lee.9547

Dear team, GW2 is the best and only game I play since release, and also I have bought the expansion that I really like. Since release the game worked really well, but since 9.8. after the patch update I have experiencing these problems:
1) Long waiting time period after logging in
2) Extreme loading to get in to the game
3) After that I am experiencing lagging and the textures are slowly loading. I have installed the latest drivers of my graphical card and also undergo the defragmentation of my HDD to ensure this problem is not on my side. Reinstall the game did not help. Please look into to this problem and release some hotfix in order to be this game playable for me once again. Thank you. Your loyal player and fan.

Attachments:

(edited by Eliot Lee.9547)

Behellagh.1468

Again, this looks like an issue with CoherentUI_Host.

Edit (Eliot Lee’s post)

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

Same here, but not only main city.
Guild hall also for me and I think almost every area I teleport into.
Running on SSD, 32 GB RAM and GTX 970.

Posted by: flop.8197

flop.8197

I have been getting that even when using wp, environment loads slowly, but can start moving/running and even when gliding sometimes you don’t have wings for upto 3 or 4 secs.

Posted by: Michella Long Legs.4579

Michella Long Legs.4579

Hello All,

Has anyone else noticed that ever since the 26 July update that it takes some time for the game to load?

Ever since the update when I log in now I am standing on air for one time almost five minutes. I quit the game at that point and reloaded.

It still took a minute or so for the buildings, walls, floors etc. to appear.

This did not usually happen before 26 July and happens now every time I log in and it gets around to showing me the screen.

It may be petty, but it is annoying that now I cannot log in and expect to see the are I am in for up to a minute or more.

I traveled to Verdant Brink and after two or three minutes logged out and back in.

Does anybody have any answers?

Regards,
Michella Long Legs.4579

Always choose to have a wonderful day.

Posted by: Yvonio.9380

Yvonio.9380

Same here, but not only main city.
Guild hall also for me and I think almost every area I teleport into.
Running on SSD, 32 GB RAM and GTX 970.

Exactly this issue is what I’m having as well. Loading takes ages, and when I finally load (into any area), almost nothing is rendered. I run the game on a laptop, 64 bit client. It has a Nvidia GeForce GT 750M, an Intel i5 4200M, and 8 GB RAM. I run the game on an HDD.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can find an existing thread(s) over in the Support sub-forums.

Good luck.

Posted by: The Johnny.9017

The Johnny.9017

I had same issue as Eliot Lee, and problem was caused by Windows Update memory leak. Here’s link to post that you can determine if that causing problem and how to solve it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Game-loads-slowly-after-client-crashes/first#post6274006

P.S. It happend once more recently, then I installed this KB3172605 update as one more fix to problem.

Posted by: Eliot Lee.9547

Eliot Lee.9547

Today I played without any problems! (Windows 7, 64-bit) Thank you very much! Happiness! :-) See you in Tyria, friends.

ZerotheFang.5890

sadly its not the crashes loading its more just loading in regularly for me i did an adware cleaner sweep found couple things but even with those gone its still little laggy.

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Anyone know if it is possible to use the -img command like we could in GW1?

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you mean, -image, then yes, you can use that command line argument.

Good luck.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Did all those MS updates The Johnny.9017 suggested.
Those did not make any difference for me.

Alot zones still take a longer time to fully load everything in it (in visible range).

Posted by: Michella Long Legs.4579

Michella Long Legs.4579

This isn’t a game bug, but its your hard drive that is too slow. Get kitten or at the very least try to defrag your mechanical drive. Even with kitten I get the invisible terrain while it loads map assets.

Hello Aza,

I run defrag at least once a week, once a month or so delete stuff I am do not need on computer all the time and get it on my external drive, and just spend two or three hours in maintenance.

Despite this ,ever since the update of 26 July I will log in and every single time have to wait for Guild Wars 2 to “build” the world.

I choose not to move because the first time I was standing on air and in several distractions were obstacles I could not see.

I moved to Verdant Brink once and was doing this waiting so I started doing something else. I looked at my watch, I is old I wear a watch, and about five minutes had passed. My character was on air still and nothing had “built” up around that character.

There seems to be a lively discussion on this, but the Forums are busted and ArenaNet apparently does not care,

Please do not jump to the conclusion it’s someone’s fault without doing a little research first.

I have been pointed to numerous posts on this and even ArenaNett has said they are working to fix this.

Regards,
Michella Long Legs.4579

Always choose to have a wonderful day.

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

Please people, stop it with the SSD advice. It is a good advice, but not for the problem at hand.
It is clear that an update messed something up.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Update: The game is still doing this for me on my laptop but, again, only in the major cities. I haven’t noticed it in any other maps, or if it does happen at all, it’s only a few seconds and that’s it. Even when my game graphics are all the way down it still occurs in the cities.

All I know is that I have Windows 10, 64-bit, and play in windowed mode. I’m pretty sure I have my laptop set to defrag on its own once a month in the middle of the night.

The fact that other people are having this same issue after the last big patch, to me, points to something within the game itself doing something. But I am certain it will go away on its own.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Behellagh.1468

I’ve only seen a major issue with Hoelbrak which is buildingless for many seconds. Now Black Citadel always took a few seconds to load completely but it was only things like the giant statues.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

i have found the same though only in a couple of maps. Hoelbrak is by far the worst and people i have been in party with have said the same thing. i have an ssd and it loads in with just snowy terrain visible then takes maybe 5-7 seconds to load everything else piece by piece, but friends with normal HDs seem to be loading buildings for around 20-30 seconds

Posted by: Kaedian.9463

Kaedian.9463

I’ve only seen a major issue with Hoelbrak which is buildingless for many seconds. Now Black Citadel always took a few seconds to load completely but it was only things like the giant statues.

Same here. Win10, 8g ram, nVidia 750M issues started right after the Season 3 update, I attributed it to an influx of people playing the new content, but it’s been going on for a while now with no change.

Bräägi Oäkfist – Norn Berserker
New OutRiders < NOR >

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Due to another sudden performance issue after this weeks update, i had the idea to switch from 32bit client to 64bit client.

This seemed to have solved both this topics discussed issue and the other performance issue for me!