massive lag making game kinda unplayable

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

so recent lag spikes have made pve and spvp unplayable just not even couple mins ago i played a spvp ranked match got kicked out before it ended. we had skills not working chat lagging at least 3 mins characters not moving fast enough cause lag was dragging us down. and pve couple guild mates said they had massive spikes that enemies are jumping around and they usually have really good ping.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Posting here to cover the two forums where players are most likely looking for information on this:

Guild Wars 2 currently is experiencing lag issues related to a DDOS attack. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience that our players are encountering.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Djealo.7369

Djealo.7369

Posting here to cover the two forums where players are most likely looking for information on this:

Guild Wars 2 currently is experiencing lag issues related to a DDOS attack. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience that our players are encountering.

For how long has this been going on? Just today or multiple days?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I believe there have been intermittent incidents over the last several days.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I guess that explains the DCing and lag I’ve been having for the last few days. Good to know.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

well hopefully it will be fixed soon, at least i know whats going on.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: monteiro.8273

monteiro.8273

Posted by: Cadence.6431

Cadence.6431

This explains why I’ve been having so much trouble playing the last few days. Thx for the info.

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

So the second night in a row of my raid being ruined by unplayable lag and frequent disconnects. This has been reported for over 36 hours now and nothing done.
I understand DDOS attacks or technical difficulties but regular updates from Anet would be appreciated.

CCCP….

Posted by: itzzzhim.2813

itzzzhim.2813

Game is unplayable, and irritating. Loss rank because of the disconnects. I would rather them do maintenance on the server than to try and keep it up through this….

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

Agreed, at least you’d know to stay away.

There’s no way this has anything do with new CDN providers? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Peerblock-and-Your-Servers
Guess not, since even the forum went down a moment ago.

Shame, and so close to a new expansion… wink.

Posted by: PuppyMonkeyBabyJosephSayer.3601

PuppyMonkeyBabyJosephSayer.3601

We do not speak of the expansion prior to its release. It marks the rise of Gary Busey, and Gary Busey is a god sir. Do not anger the gods.

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

I believe there have been intermittent incidents over the last several days.

So I guess my question is, should I even bother logging in tonight? The past two nights around 7PM PST I’ve been booted out of WvW and can’t get back into the game, period. I’m just wondering if you have anymore information on this? I can’t find anything official from Anet on Reddit or these forums except for the above comments and a few other random threads with no official Anet replies. Just trying to get a Dev or someone to come out with some more information and if we should continue to worry about the DCs coming during Prime Time. I know it doesn’t hit everyone according to the threads I’ve read about people losing half a raid party, or 2-3 from a Fractal Group. However I can speak from the past two nights, whatever server I run off of in WA State it has kicked me at the same time.
I found on Reddit where someone said it was all NCsoft games. I went to one of the MMO server checking websites and sure enough all the NCsoft titles were down at the same time I got kicked last night. I understand what a DDOS is, but I’m not techie enough to understand, frankly it doesn’t interest me, how a big company like NCSoft runs its servers, but it was pretty apparent from what I saw that someone was specifically targeting those titles that belong to NCsoft. All I’m asking is can we get a Dev to give us an update as we are rolling into Friday night Prime Time in about 6 hours, plus WvW reset, and there are going to be a ton of players not too happy when the WvW servers reset, then they can’t play the game. Any information is better than nothing. Thanks.

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

Question: What is ANET/NCsoft doing to mitigate the DDOS attacks?
These attacks have been going on for 4 days straight as of today. The hackers are not going away anytime soon, as the cyber wars continue. Is something concrete being done to mitigate the attack, besides meetings, PR, … etc? Do not need details, just some communication that changes to hardware/software are in the works to stop or reduce the effects of the DDOS attacks.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

Posted by: slashemfast.9740

slashemfast.9740

ANET how much longer till you get his lag fixed. I can’t even play it’s so bad.. It’s been what 2 days now?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Question: What is ANET/NCsoft doing to mitigate the DDOS attacks?
These attacks have been going on for 4 days straight as of today. The hackers are not going away anytime soon, as the cyber wars continue. Is something concrete being done to mitigate the attack, besides meetings, PR, … etc? Do not need details, just some communication that changes to hardware/software are in the works to stop or reduce the effects of the DDOS attacks.

Unleash their crack commando team?

And to be fair it seems to be targeting the NA server center as Wildstar and NA B&S also goes down.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)