message " Account Blocked"

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

Posting for my friend, He tried logging in but is getting a message

“Account blocked due to unacceptable behavior”

but no mention of how long the block is, is this normal?

Thank you.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Normally they tell you. The lack of a timer is probably a bug.

For many first offenses, the suspension is 72 hours.

Vladimer.7051

Ok thank you, I did see someone else with the same issue on the forums. He submitted a ticket anyway. I guess he should smarten up lol

Vladimer.7051

Gaile is the block 72Hr ?

Thanks.

Posted by: SoulArcanium.5047

SoulArcanium.5047

The new launcher no longer displays the time remaining before the temp ban is lifted.

And it is 72 hours only for the first offence. Could be 400 hours for consecutive ones for all you may know since arena net never sends emails giving details regarding the suspensions (like suspension time).

Vladimer.7051

That is a odd design, I could only imagine how back logged support would be because of this.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Vladimer.7051

Yes did read that awhile ago, Although it does not answer the question. Gaile seemed confused as to why there was no timer. He has the same message indicating he will be able to log in when block is over. No block timer is present and no word of “Ban”, Odd that the timer is gone.

Posted by: SoulArcanium.5047

SoulArcanium.5047

Before the feature pack patch went live I was still able to see the timer – now it just displays that message ‘Your account blocked bla bla bla try again when suspension expires’.

As to when it expires – anyone’s guess

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

The lack of timer is a bug and being looked at. In the meantime if you contact support we can tell you the reason for the block and the time the suspension will lift.

Hope that helps and that the fix comes soon!

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Dic.1753

Dic.1753

Same issue with friends account.

First email sent sept 10th

Still no access, he got 3 emails 1 was the auto 2 nd asked questions 3 rd was saying it was being transferred to the right dept. last email was on sept 11

Nothing after and still no idea how long the block is for. It is over 72 hr now

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

Exactly I have the same problem

Piper halliwell w.6578

It seems to me the lack of a clock causes that account will be locked without end.

Dic.1753

The lack of timer is a bug and being looked at. In the meantime if you contact support we can tell you the reason for the block and the time the suspension will lift.

So the ones with this bug are blocked until the bug is fixed?

You mention to submit a support ticket. We have submitted a ticket sept 10th, It is Sept 15th and no answer.

If you guys are really behind, sure would be nice to know any info at all. Right now my friend is waiting in the dark as are others.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So the ones with this bug are blocked until the bug is fixed?

You mention to submit a support ticket. We have submitted a ticket sept 10th, It is Sept 15th and no answer.

If you guys are really behind, sure would be nice to know any info at all. Right now my friend is waiting in the dark as are others.

If it’s been more than three days, the tickets are eligible for the Tickets for Review thread.

If they haven’t gotten the automated response email, then there is an issue with their email service. Some of them have issues with the email address that support uses.

Piper halliwell w.6578

It seems to me that Dic is right accounts will be blocked as long while this bug will not be fixed.

Dic.1753

It seems to me that Dic is right accounts will be blocked as long while this bug will not be fixed.

Any luck Piper ?

We are still waiting. Not sure what’s going on.

Astral Projections.7320

Maybe, for the ‘What It’s Worth Department’, you should post in the Game Bugs forum. If it’s a bug keeping you out past your suspension timer, maybe that might help to get more attention.

Piper halliwell w.6578

No Dic Unfortunately’m still waiting like you.
Astral I thought about it but I saw that this forum supports the same person as in this section and I think it’s not much help:(

Dic.1753

he got a email today, Turns out his account was compromised. They are working to help him out. Best of luck :}

Piper halliwell w.6578

Lucky him, I hope that I too get maybe for a week, month, year……..

Astral Projections.7320

No Dic Unfortunately’m still waiting like you.
Astral I thought about it but I saw that this forum supports the same person as in this section and I think it’s not much help:(

I checked Game Bugs forum and saw:

Crystal Reid
Game Designer

Evan Lesh
Gameplay Programmer

Jeffrey Vaughn
Content Designer

Regina Buenaobra
North American Community Team Lead

RubiBayer
Social Media Coordinator

Posting on the first 2 pages. Gaile Gray is the Support Liason and while she may post over there, the Account Issues forum here is the primary forum for her.

Piper halliwell w.6578

Today I finally got the email which indicates that I can come back to the game.

Posted by: twojackson.5607

twojackson.5607

I got the same thing trying to log on. The thing is, this is the 3rd time I’ve been report abused by players in pvp. It seems fairly easy to receive a ban as long as five or more people report you, regardless of whether it in fact was a reportable incident. While yours may only be 72 hours, I’m probably looking at 400+ just because a group of players decided that it would cool to report me for little to no reason. I’m not saying I’m innocent every single time (I guess repeatedly saying I am one of the best pvp rangers counts as an insult?) but it doesn’t make sense that I’m called a “f***ing f**got” then I am the same one to get a ban.

SHADOWJEDI — currently undefeated in over 100 official wager duels.

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

I got the same thing trying to log on. The thing is, this is the 3rd time I’ve been report abused by players in pvp. It seems fairly easy to receive a ban as long as five or more people report you, regardless of whether it in fact was a reportable incident. While yours may only be 72 hours, I’m probably looking at 400+ just because a group of players decided that it would cool to report me for little to no reason. I’m not saying I’m innocent every single time (I guess repeatedly saying I am one of the best pvp rangers counts as an insult?) but it doesn’t make sense that I’m called a “f***ing f**got” then I am the same one to get a ban.

Your suspension was well deserved. If you’d like to know more please submit a support ticket and we’d be thrilled to discuss it with you.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

Your suspension was well deserved. If you’d like to know more please submit a support ticket and we’d be thrilled to discuss it with you.

Kind of wondering about his display name, myself.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Already taken care of. We’re pretty vigilant about naming violations.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

twojackson.5607

I’ve submitted two tickets and still haven’t got much of an answer. You guys don’t seem all that thrilled to atleast tell me the length of suspension, let alone the reasoning.

(edited by twojackson.5607)

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

I’ve submitted two tickets and still haven’t got much of an answer. You guys don’t seem all that thrilled to atleast tell me the length of suspension, let alone the reasoning.

You should only ever submit one ticket, multiple tickets resets your place in the queues. And, given the nature of your ticket, you’ll be escalated all the way up to me. Do you have your ticket number handy?

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

twojackson.5607

You should only ever submit one ticket, multiple tickets resets your place in the queues. And, given the nature of your ticket, you’ll be escalated all the way up to me. Do you have your ticket number handy?

Ticket number: 906037

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

Submitting a ticket is useless. Last time i was banned i submitted a ticket because i never received an email as to why. The response was, that i should check my spam folder because one was sent. I told them yet again, i have never received one and what were the reasons for my ban and the amount of time. They once again replied, we sent one, but still refused to answer the question. This went on for 3 days, by then my ban was over….and still to this day no one contacted from anet as to the reason of my ban. Very poor customer service IMO.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Submitting a ticket is useless. Last time i was banned i submitted a ticket because i never received an email as to why. The response was, that i should check my spam folder because one was sent. I told them yet again, i have never received one and what were the reasons for my ban and the amount of time. They once again replied, we sent one, but still refused to answer the question. This went on for 3 days, by then my ban was over….and still to this day no one contacted from anet as to the reason of my ban. Very poor customer service IMO.

It’s also very possible you’re using an email service that can’t receive their emails. There is a sticky about this. Go read it, and then if this happens again, use a different email, reference your ticket number and say “Hey, I’m not getting this ticket reply, can you send it to this email instead.” They were sending them, your email was blocking it.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Pass your ticket to Mark. They generally DON"T send an email as to why you are banned, and when asked, they should at least tell you the general reason why if not the specifics.

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

I thought about that Ellie. but seems to me…if they can respond to me via email when i ask about my ban. Then one would also figure Id be able to receive an email about my ban.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I have never heard that they send out ANYTHING to tell you why or how long you are banned (beyond the message that pops up when you try to log in). Now there has been an issue with that pop up box being less than accurate or having incorrect information so that is an issue (but needs to be taken up with Support via a ticket).

Keep in mind that Anet is under NO obligation to provide any details on why you were banned (tho I can’t think of why they would not tell you how long your ban is for).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances