nVidia Surround UI Placement/Cutscenes/Character Selection

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MaxTwelve.4725

MaxTwelve.4725

Thank you for the update Bill. It is great to hear there are some changes coming for this. I will be testing for you with every login.

Cant wait to see my hat and boots at selection screen.

Attachments:

Member of Acolytes Gaming Community
Http://www.acolytescommunity.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/AcolytesCommunity

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: deltaconnected.4058

deltaconnected.4058

@MaxTwelve: Interesting… Eyefinity? My char select screen looks quite a bit different (Surround). At least I can see my head and feet lol.

Attachments:

Posted by: Vandayn.2940

Vandayn.2940

Thanks for the update Bill, very nice to see updates without us having to keep bumping the posts!

And my login screen looks just like yours deltaconnected, nVidia surround here as well.

/Van

Posted by: Devincean.7450

Devincean.7450

Thanks for the update Bill really have been waiting for the nvidia surround fix to play the game. Not that i can’t play without it but just kills the fun of playing that every time i get to a cut scene I have to change my resolution just so I can see the cut scene without the characters heads being cut off or whole thing stretched out really killed the mood of feeling part of the world when it looks like gumby is talking to me in every few minutes and feels so smalls and lack luster playing it on just one of my 3 28inch monitors. Cheers for you guys getting it fixed with everything else I am sure you are working on.

MaxTwelve.4725

@deltaconnected No I use 5760×1080 Surround and windowed full screen. If you look at the original post on this thread there are some of the examples depending on if you run in each of the selection choices.

Http://www.acolytescommunity.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/AcolytesCommunity

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

@MaxTwelve: Interesting… Eyefinity? My char select screen looks quite a bit different (Surround). At least I can see my head and feet lol.

My eyefinity set up presents similar to that – but I am using Flawless Widescreen just now until the AN fix arrives.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

deltaconnected.4058

Didn’t see anything mentioned in today’s patch notes, but the screenshots speak for themselves. No more sumo characters and party/chat centered. Haven’t had a chance to find a cutscene yet, but I’ve got a feeling those are covered too.

Dunno about the beer, but I’ll buy gem-equivalent
+1 for Bill.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

w00t for the fixed chatbox!!!

Cutscenes work on middle screen now too. Not perfect (more or less 4:3 on a 16:9 screen), but at least I can watch them now.

Thanks for the fixes ArenaNet

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

MaxTwelve.4725

No change to Surround, Windowed Full screen character selection. No change in cut-scenes either.

Edit: Tried full screen but it inhibits my AltTab’ing, and at UI=Large the whole setup gets shifted to the right. Delta I use 2 gtx570’s .

(edited by MaxTwelve.4725)

deltaconnected.4058

Yea, windowed hasn’t changed. I’ve never seen my 580’s dip below 50% usage, so I’m surprised you’re able to pull that off on a single card.

MaxTwelve.4725

Both of these images are Full Screen 5760×1080 with Large UI selection.

In the character selection screen the offset to the right is hard to see in a screenshot, but the bezel for the center and right monitors run through the map completions badge.
http://i.imgur.com/pgwr2.jpg

Logged into the game, the character would be normally centered over the health bubble, but is now to the left over the number one skill. Also the Quest dialog box at the top is partially obscured by being placed too high.
http://i.imgur.com/IiyHH.jpg

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Oh snap, I had almost forgotten about this thread until I thought “gee I wonder if there’s anything new on this.” I’ll have to admit I’ve been busy getting my Mage to 90 in “that other game” so I haven’t really checked in since the last build. Will have to check this out tonight though, if that chat box is fixed I might just have to send a case of beer down to the Seattle office…proper Canadian Beer no less.

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

I have been trying to get my 3 screens working and all problems i have are here. Gotta keep an eye on this thread.

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Yup, the UI placement issues are fixed. Sweet zombie Jesus I love you so much right now undisclosed game designers who fixed this problem for us.

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

Apart from the camera fix, nothing seems to have changed at all for me. Still have chat and map on the far corners of the UI.

I presume everyone reporting that they’re ‘fixed’ is using Surround and not Eyefinity?

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Hi all,

Just an update!

I have eyefinity at 3*1 with resolution 6040*1080 and had UI placement issues as seen below (Att.).

Just took a new screenie a few minutes ago and the UI elements are on centre screen.

To help

Attachments:

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

Kargion.6352

Nvidia Surround, ui placements still not correct. They went from being to far right to being to far left now. So i guess it got fixed in eyefinity only?

Posted by: zyphaz.9132

zyphaz.9132

I’m on a 5760×1080 Eyefinity setup on a 6950 with the latest drivers from AMD, but I’m still getting the UI on the outside monitors of a 3*1 setup. Is there anything in the options you need to change?

Attachments:

deltaconnected.4058

5760×1080, nVidia Surround fullscreen (not windowed). 3x GTX580s with 306.23. Didn’t have to change anything, logged in and good to go.

Kargion.6352

Im running 2x GTX 570s 306.23 5760×1080 and still have ui not on center screen

deltaconnected.4058

If it still doesn’t work in fullscreen, which I see it doesn’t, then idk. Maybe delete/rename local.dat (under my docs/guild wars 2/) to reset in-game settings, reset the GW2 profile (dunno if the newer AMDs have this yet. I use all defaults in nVidia), reinstall drivers with a little praying.

Attachments:

Kargion.6352

Ill give this a try tonight an let you know, ill take screens too and upload. Im using default nvidia settings as well.

I am also a little confused on your picture. With that picture it seems everything is shifted to the right. It doesn’t look centered on the middle screen.

(edited by Kargion.6352)

MaxTwelve.4725

When posting your updates to this thread I suggest everyone add the following details. Each of the display settings can cause differences, such as full screen with large interface, causes UI right offset for me. So having these noted in each post will show a more clear picture of what the player base has in common.

Hardware/Software

• Graphics Card/Cards
  • Driver Version
  • Number of Monitors
  • Native Resolution

Game Settings

• Display Resolution Setting
  • Display Interface Size

Posted by: orlen.7810

orlen.7810

if anything they should allow you to move the chat and party elements to where you want them anyway for all screen sizes not just for multiscreen support.

deltaconnected.4058

Top one was fullscreen – everything lined up where it should be. Bottom was windowed – still off to the left.

Tri-SLI GTX580
306.23 (16xAF forced in nvcpl)
3x 1920×1080
5760×1080 no bezel correction

Display resolution – 5760×1080 Fullscreen
Display interface – normal

Kargion.6352

Fixed!

I did what deltaconnected said. I first made a copy of my local.dat. I then deleted it and let it re-download it (this happens just by starting the game). After that everything is centered. I think its caching some information so when the fix comes in its not seeing it.

deltaconnected.4058

Didn’t have to manually clear settings on mine, but I have a feeling this should help everyone else who still has it stuck on the left after the update

Posted by: mirko jankovic.5147

mirko jankovic.5147

“I’ve just run into this news:
http://www.wsgf.org/news/ncsoft-updates-nvidia-surround-support-guild-wars-2
Any chance that we will see something similar for Eyefinity as well?
Also are there any further plans for improving performance or everything is at it’s max?
Asking because I’m running in eyefinity 6048×1080 on 2x ati hd 7970 in crossfire, on an i7 OCat 4.4Ghz.
Just for comparison battle field 3 runs with everything at ultra without any problems while I’m getting big FPS hit when shaders are at high. Lowering shaders improves things quite a bit but I was kinda expecting to see fully smooth play at everything at max with this configuration. Also to add everything is running from 2 SSD drives in raid 0.”

Just got opinted to this thread so I’m copy pasting my post on other one hoping for some help here as well.
Tried deleting couple times no luck.

2x hd7970 crossfire
catalyst 12.8, latest croffireX profile cap.. something forgot exact version
3x 1920×1080
6048×1080 bezel correction
Display resolution – 6048×1080 Fullscreen
Display interface – normal

Posted by: Redfox.7890

Redfox.7890

I just setup eyefinity (love it), is there any trick to getting the centered text/etc to work on ATI (game flag, etc)? I tried deleting my Local.dat but it didn’t change anything.

Posted by: ArchAngelZero.8715

ArchAngelZero.8715

I just found this thread. When I loaded up the game just now, the UI was still stretched across all three screens, and on character select my character was way zoomed in.

I’m using a 7970, with three 1920×1200 monitors. Are there options or something somewhere to make the HUD centered on one monitor?

Posted by: TheIronFistOfDeath.3016

TheIronFistOfDeath.3016

I’m still getting the issue with the cut scenes and character creation clipping the top and (presumably) the bottom of the characters off when using Eyefinity on 3 monitors. Although hilarious to see 2 Norn chests having a conversation, given their typical height, I can’t help but find it annoying. At least it’s not game breaking. In fact, I never even noticed on my Asura Engineer. Just looked like 2 profiled Asura having a conversation.

Any updates on where this is on the priority list?

Posted by: AoiShikaku.3790

AoiShikaku.3790

Nvidia Surround – Issue with UI placement.
The issue still exists on “Windowed Fullscreen” where the map/quests/chat/party tables are thrown at the far right and far left screens.

A suggestion to give users the option to unlock and lock the map/quests/chat/party tables so they can place them where they desire.

Also another issue this will solve is the scaling issues from small/large/largest shifts the entire UI off.

Note to UI programmer: do not forget to have the option for users to reset the UI to default in the event of them misplacing something where it is difficult to move.

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

Anyone that couldn’t launch gw2 in 4320×2560 here that doesn’t have the problem anymore ? I can’t play with that resolution :s

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

Posted by: Sugetsu.9174

Sugetsu.9174

I am having the same issue as most people here; The select screen character is zoomed in and the UI is placed on the right and left monitors.

My set up is:

1090t at 3.8ghz
7850 OCed at 1050 mhz
8GB ram
Res = 5940 × 1080

Any news from Anet on this issue?

(edited by Sugetsu.9174)

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Hmm, I don’t seem to have this issue. I did have a similar issue when I first started using surround, but I found the key to be changing the UI scale size to normal. I haven’t played in a few week but last I remember the only one that fit correctly to the middle screen was normal size. I remember I had it larger when I first started surround up and stuff was off the screen and all out of whack, but UI normal size works.

Asus vg23ah x3
Gtx 670 4gb sli
I7 3770k

Posted by: Mazhurg.5720

Mazhurg.5720

Bump….I mean, hey! I have an update!

We’ve got fixes for 3D, Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity coming down the pipe in the next few builds.

I believe the next build will contain fixes for 3D, including the inability to launch with 3D enabled. I’m not 100% sure, but we have some fixes for Nvidia Surround in the works too and might even slip a couple of those in that build, too.

We’ll be continuing to hammer away and get these issues all resolved. Thanks for hanging in there everyone!

-Bill

Bill, it’s been 5 months. When are the AMD/ATI users gonna get some love and have the Eyefinity issues fixed?

And no, FWS is not an option.

Posted by: Balaleil.2719

Balaleil.2719

Im experiencing this problem STILL. Running triple monitor off of a ATI Radeon 6870OC. I deleted the local.dat, updated all drivers, and am still experiencing game play issues described above.

Has there been a resolution to this?

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Any updates to these problems?

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Posted by: Redfox.7890

Redfox.7890

I’d love it if they’d just throw in a command line switch, like they did when the POV testing was done, to force it to run like the nVidia solution for ATI. Even if it was considered an “unsupported” feature, it’d be a step up over what it is right now.

Posted by: Balaleil.2719

Balaleil.2719

Multiple hotfix’s and still no resolution to this issue?? Come on peoples.. I’d like to actually see my cut scenes!

Posted by: Jereguy.3498

Jereguy.3498

I’d love to see some fixes for this. It’s actually pretty sad that these posts are 6 months old and haven’t had any fixes for AMD users yet. Nvidia has the UI fix, why not us?

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Oh, hi!

I’ve just put in some support for AMD Eyefinity to address the UI placement and Cinematics scaling issues (Character Select, Character Creation, and Cinematics included).

I’ve also polished up existing support so that Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity function the same. Another neat feature is that Windowed Fullscreen is now supported.

Current ETA will be our next major release, which should be sometime later this month.

-Bill

Posted by: Spladian.8346

Spladian.8346

I have 3 1080p monitors in portrait on nvidia surround sli with titans.. this issue hasn’t been fixed yet.

May I make a suggestion? In order to avoid coding for every surround resolution, can’t we just have a moveable UI for the 5 or 6 static windows on the screen.

Posted by: Admiral.5907

Admiral.5907

Any updates regarding this issue? Ive read countless forums but i still cant find the solution. Im using AMD 7970.

Set the preferred monitor to the center one
Play on full screen 5760×1080 tried full screen window as well
Set interface size between small/med/larg/larger

Tempting to Dlownload “flawless widescreen” but i hear that you can get banned for it.

*Character selection/cutscreen — See only the Torsal

• UI stretches across 3 monitors. (neck hurts for a year now)

T_T frustrating but the game is soo fun. Help please