Lag after 03/20 maintenance

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MayaNatsume.6524

MayaNatsume.6524

I am from Singapore and I am having this problem… Looking forward to ANET’s response..

The slight delay is unbearable…

Human Elementalist | Asura Guardian | Sylvari Warrior | Norn Thief | Asura Warrior | Asura Thief

Posted by: Vaasgoth.3601

Vaasgoth.3601

yep, as expected they are referring me back to my ISP while i just called them the other day telling me they found no problems… I just sent an e-mail to PLDT for them to check and finalize as to where the problem really originates and along with it I attached the pingplotter results and also I forwarded the e-mail sent by Anet/NCSoft… I’m being passed around like a pingpong ball here… if this does’nt go well and if pldt confirmed that it was really not on their part I’m calling it quits and wait for the next big thing…

Posted by: knocom.5438

knocom.5438

Hey guys, an update to my situation: my lag completely disappeared

Go log in and check if it’s fixed for you. Hope the lag doesn’t come back.

Posted by: Liberi Fatali.7284

Liberi Fatali.7284

i tried playing today..in LA, lag is sorta gone although when i blink it keeps rubberbanding me…went to wayferrers i had 1 second lag…then the ultimate test, WvW aaaaaaand its still laggy…

The situation with lag improved but it is still there, nowhere as good as before the maintenance or patch or whatever ..

Posted by: MayaNatsume.6524

MayaNatsume.6524

yeah.. lag has been improved greatly.. but sometimes there is still slight delay..

Human Elementalist | Asura Guardian | Sylvari Warrior | Norn Thief | Asura Warrior | Asura Thief

Posted by: Opium Prime.1369

Opium Prime.1369

There has been some improvements in PVE with only a small delay, but in WvW, there can be a 10 sec delay with skills popping off, in big fights its even worse.

Posted by: KazX.4578

KazX.4578

LAG IS BACK LOL

KazX.4578

It was gone for an hour or so then it’s back again. i hope this is a good sign that A-net is fixing it..

Posted by: Boogieduck.7429

Boogieduck.7429

That or Anet is using some of the servers to test out the new patches, n whenever they are not using those servers, we wont feel the lag. Also noticing that the lag happens during non NA prime time so player experience not affected so much (which may explain why all SEA folks are feeling the brunt of it). So just guessing they turn it on to run test (we feel lag), they turn it off (everything feels normal again since more servers to handle pings)

Posted by: Bananasmile.4126

Bananasmile.4126

Game’s still excessively lagging. It did improve a bit couple of hours ago, but it’s still unbearable and not enjoyable. It’s the 4th day of this horrendous latency. My frustration is slowly turning into indifference. I’m not one to wait for unreasonable amount of time before a game decides to become playable again. I’ll give this around a couple of days to a week after the WvW update this 26 and if things don’t return to normal…I’ll just call it quits and move on.

Strikethree, Kinetix (Ki)
Aug 2012 (IoJ) → Jan 2013 (FA) → June 2013 (BG)

Posted by: Subseven.2803

Subseven.2803

From PH experiencing Skill Lag and rubberbanding for almost 5 days now, not usual.

Posted by: Chok.9037

Chok.9037

when i logged in early in the morning here (7pm server time) there was no lag. i almost cried like a little girl. after a while though, it came back. glad i held back my tears.

Posted by: Tom.9841

Tom.9841

An update to my situation, i from Malaysia , at 24/3 at my time , my gw2 feel no more lagging in game , hope u guys get fix soon.

Posted by: ivan.3571

ivan.3571

LAG/MASSIVE DC PROBLEM/ MASSIVE CRASHING PROBLEM after the said patch

KazX.4578

Anet will lose a lot of customers if this one continues -.-

Liberi Fatali.7284

like Bananasmile my frustration is slowly turning to indifference. Because of the lag, what I end up doing is Log in, struggle to complete my dailies despite of lag (mist invasion defender is frustrating to complete, I run solo to minimize lag, when i get to groups id be lucky if i can hit the bad guys and take credit for the kill). then Log off and move on to playing other games. I really like this game, and i sincerely home Anet fixes this. Lag still persists btw.

Posted by: Euriczski.9103

Euriczski.9103

the lag is gone for me too….

TarnishedCoast – Dropdeadangel

Posted by: jru.5932

jru.5932

Just tossing my two cents in here. Friends and myself, too, have been experiencing lag spikes in mostly PvE, but also sPvP and WvWvW, and we’re from TEXAS. (Where the game servers are supposedly running from…)

Officer of Gaming Disciples [GD], Yak’s Bend Server

KazX.4578

the lag is still there. it just lets you play for 1-2 hours without lag then after that.. BOOM! it’s back! -.- SOO SOO FRUSTRATING!

Posted by: Bananasmile.4126

Bananasmile.4126

OK, it’s day 5 since I started experiencing this game breaking lag. Earlier today, around 6am (SEA time) which is 6pm (NA time) more or less, the lag magically disappeared and everything seem to be normal again. I checked my ping, and 0% packet loss, the nightmare was over…or so I thought…5 hours later, like a switch, the unplayable lag came rushing back in.

I don’t know what’s going on, frankly, I’m starting to not care anymore. I look at the future games that was showcased in PAX East especially that one by Bethesda and Zenimax, saw some leaked footages, and boy am I thankful that this happened now and not later when more time and money have been spent. This is almost like a blessing in disguise.

Strikethree, Kinetix (Ki)
Aug 2012 (IoJ) → Jan 2013 (FA) → June 2013 (BG)

Posted by: slycere.1296

slycere.1296

That or Anet is using some of the servers to test out the new patches, n whenever they are not using those servers, we wont feel the lag. Also noticing that the lag happens during non NA prime time so player experience not affected so much (which may explain why all SEA folks are feeling the brunt of it). So just guessing they turn it on to run test (we feel lag), they turn it off (everything feels normal again since more servers to handle pings)

This. It seems ANet allotted a week of testing for the incoming major patch and is using existing server resources rather than deploying more (cost-cutting, but at what expense?). As many have noticed, the crippling latency comes almost on schedule, like a switch is thrown and everything suddenly lags. This occurs at evening hours (PST) and continues until the following morning. Come prime time in the US, the lag suddenly disappears, like nothing is wrong, perhaps to accommodate the expected influx of players from North America. It comes back later in the evening (PST) and the cycle continues.

It is frustrating for us adversely affected, further aggravated by the utter silence from ANet. I, for one, will give this game the benefit of the doubt and wait for a solution to this problem after the March 26 patch. If after the patch this problem persists, then it is time for me to move on to other games that are at least playable.

Shyld Slycere, Synful Slycere, Syn Slycere,
Bryndle Slycere, Bryl Slycere, Flytes Slycere,
Shyde Slycere – Northern Shiverpeaks

Liberi Fatali.7284

just played, lag still there…

Posted by: ajeet.8695

ajeet.8695

experiencing the same thing with my friends here in SEA (Philippines)
on solo , lag and skill takes 2-3seconds to activate, char rubber banding, switch of weapons 3-4secs.
on PVE boss, WvW clash with enemy zerg : most of the time dc’ed, char wont move then instant death.

thus it makes me stop playing everytime I experience it. hope they’ll fix it soon..

Posted by: Subseven.2803

Subseven.2803

LAG still here…

Posted by: Chok.9037

Chok.9037

desperate bump, i guess..

i wish we don’t get swept under the rug..

KazX.4578

FIX THE LAG!!!! ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS!

Posted by: Jello.8076

Jello.8076

Hi Anet,

Since the Maintenance last March 20, 2013, I have been experiencing extreme lag during our primetime. I usually start playing around 5PM SGT UTC+8.

Whats weird is that around 12AM midnight here (SGT UTC+8) the lag suddenly disappears. Its like theres a switch that during your working hours (Midnight here is around 9AM PDT UTC-7) that you toggle. I can only speculate that you are allocating some server resource during our time that is causing the Lag.

I tried to wait until this March 26 patch but it seems the problem is still there.

I have been playing since launch and never experienced this before the March 20, 2013 patch. Can you please look into this? or have some sort of response.

thanks!

Posted by: Jello.8076

Jello.8076

Can someone from Anet at the very least respond? Even if its a vague response or anything.

I know mods are reading this. I think we deserve at least that, as paying costumers.

Liberi Fatali.7284

lag mostly disappeared for me…:D so i guess gj Anet please fix lag at wvw now lol

Posted by: tenju.1290

tenju.1290

Is there no response from Anet?
How is it we are the only ones getting this lag.
It gets extremely frustrating when players keep dying and lagging out in dungeons.

Posted by: Vaash.8956

Vaash.8956

yep same as OP, severe delay in both PVE and WvW

Vaash – Legendary Peasant Eater
Alliance of the Forgotten Seas [AFS]
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Vaya.1354

Vaya.1354

I see everyone posting from SEA, I’m from Egypt and having insane lags too, can’t play with 2 sec skill delay.

Posted by: Jebu.5243

Jebu.5243

From SEA region also. Bad lag after 26/3 update. Never had such problems before.
At least do the courtesy to answer us ANET.
Acknowledge our issues, its ok if u need time to look into it.

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Just FYI, the past few days there was a massive DDoS attack on Spamhaus and it apparently was clogging up a lot of network connections. (By massive, I mean like the largest in internet history.)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/mar/27/cyber-attack-spamhaus-slows-down-internet

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Just FYI, the past few days there was a massive DDoS attack on Spamhaus and it apparently was clogging up a lot of network connections. (By massive, I mean like the largest in internet history.)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/mar/27/cyber-attack-spamhaus-slows-down-internet

Just read about it from several different sources and it started on the 18th. What i did not find is if the attacks have stopped yet

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted by: Seid.2654

Seid.2654

Issue seems to be happening again, started on 03/30 and it’s almost as bad as before.