Low FPS - [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hunnibear.8139

Hunnibear.8139

I too have been having frame rate issues. I am running
CPU: Intel core i7-960 3.2 GHZ
Graphics card: ATI Raedon HD 5970,
Memory: 12GB.

Remebrance.2639 and several others have mentioned a large address patch helped resolve the issue. Can anyone link me to it?
Thanks in advance.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: psyway.4356

psyway.4356

guys maybe new beta ati catalyst can help(for ati users)beta drivers improve guild wars 2 performance they say on site
edit:
no change,so its some issue with gw2 not with our drivers guys

(edited by psyway.4356)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Eygenaar.8751

Eygenaar.8751

Another update (I should charge ANet for debugging :P) – I noticed that areas causing the FPS drop had the common feature of objects requiring physics calculations, i.e. a swinging pully in the Memorial Quadrant. So new theory: there’s a bug in that code path.

Forcing PhysX to use the CPU via the NVidia control panel has resolved my performance issues so far, I’ll post again if that turns out to be incorrect.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Dubious.7403

Dubious.7403

This is not the kind of support you’d expect from a company like Anet.
I’ve been having these FPS issues during the pre-launch period. I’ve been corresponding with their support for a month and all they seemed to do was stalling until they could figure out the problem.
Then came the 25th, and out of nowhere the game began working PERFECTLY fine until yesterday’skitten patch.

Now we’re back to square one – fps isn’t passing the 15 mark. Anet has no solution or no idea what is the cause. Takes them weeks to respond to tickets, if they even bother responding.

I’ve asked for my money back 3 times, they just ignored my request.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Hargrik.8672

Hargrik.8672

My computer is low-end one, but I could play the game VERY decently until the last two days. The FPS drop was absolutely drastic, even when I set everything to minimum in very populated areas. I’m using the latest NVidia drivers.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Dubious.7403

Dubious.7403

Join the club.

And we all owe our thanks to Anet for taking our money and not even bothering to let us know what’s going on with the issue and if it’s being investigated.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Magnificat.5439

Magnificat.5439

i had 15-25 fps until release… 25-40 fps after release… as far as they wrote, with my gpu i need to have around 60-70 on autodetect, but since it was totally playable until 2-3 day ago, i didnt complained… but now i have suddenly 8-12 fps… thats not good :P

anyway, Im sure they are aware of the problem, and working on it…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Shinzou.1534

Shinzou.1534

I noticed a slight drop in FPS myself. Not huge, but noticeable. I installed latest nvidia drivers and it resolved my issue.

Also to those who think installing drivers is tough. Mine took less than five minutes to download and install. While they were doing so I just browsed the internet and read forums.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

I have a Radeon 7870 GHz Edition and I too, noticed peformance decrease with the last patch. It’s very noticeable and not limited to just NVIDIA, that’s for sure.

Please fix, ANet.

Low FPS - [merged]

Magnificat.5439

btw currently i have pretty good fps in Divinity’s Reach

update: it seems that the fps is good again, at least for me… 40 fps, where i had 9 8-10 hours ago…

(edited by Magnificat.5439)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Minalt.6089

Minalt.6089

Okay guys so I have been posting here for about a week or at least lurking. Been looking at other people with low fps with good comps. Well today ANet replied to my ticket saying they are looking at the issue. I was quite happy about this. They sent me a reply to make sure all my stuff is up to date. So before I did that I wanted to load of guild wars 2 to see if my hardware issue detected was resolved. It was there again but this time it actually told me what was wrong. BUT it says I have a 2.0GHz processor. But in fact I have a 2.66ghz. Can someone please help me.

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

Same issue for me.Sep 8 patch killed the performance again rather than improving it.In areas where i had 50-60 FPS i now have 45’ish FPS.Before the patch i could play group events pretty smoothly (except dragons those things give me 5 FPS as soon as they show up) now it’s laggy again. >.<

Of course i’am rather lucky because it’s still playable but still,patches should improve performance and not make it worse.

Q8400 @ 3,2 Ghz
HD5770 1 gig
4 gigs DDR2 Corsair XM2
AsRock P43Me
Windows 7 64 bit

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Grimnyr the Pale.3042

Grimnyr the Pale.3042

Thats pretty crazy, even if you have the worst hardware imaginable, if your able to run the game at all you should at least get 10-20fps on lowest, otherwise you should of just gotten an error like your dx version isn’t high enough 0.0

I suggest you try adding the following command lines to your shortcut:
-dx8 -noshaders

Uh, what do you mean by “shortcut”?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Xceptional.7985

Xceptional.7985

Your system is horribly outdated.
There is no way of running the game fine on that IGP.

You will need a dedicated graphics card and a new powersupply to power a decent graphics card.

Permabanned. please take a look at 120905-008337

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

With an Nvidia 6150 SE integrated chip you’re lucky the game even starts, because that card is way below the minimum requirements, so it’s no wonder it’s performing horridly.

To put things into perspective your card is an Nvidia 6000 series… after those cards came the 7000 series, followed by the 8000, 9000, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and finally the current 600 series. That’s 9 generations your card is out of date (or 7 if you only count desktop cards).

Not only that but your card is the lowest model in the 6000 line-up – it’s not even a discrete graphics card but only a chip built into the motherboard and it was pathetically weak even when the Nvidia 6000 series were the latest and greatest on the market. The card has just the bare minimum feature support to pass the Shader Model 3.0 barrier, but in terms of performance it’s well short of modern day triple A games requirements, including GW2.

I don’t know what games you’ve been running lately (older games? old MMO’s like WoW or City of Heroes? 2d / indie titles with lower requirements maybe?), but it’s technically impossible for such an old and weak chip to run any recent games with serious graphics at 60fps even on lowest settings and resolution. It just doesn’t have the horsepower.

(edited by Amarinth.8534)

Low FPS - [merged]

Minalt.6089

I was reading over the FPS threads and I pretty much have their problem also. But this is the information I get when I click the Hardware Detected button. I didn’t see any of them having it. I went into my BIOS to check if CPU was at 2.66 and it says it is. But maybe I didn’t do that right I’m pretty bad at tech things.

Low FPS - [merged]

Minalt.6089

Alright so I did some looking around and found a program to make sure my stuff is up to date. I found something interesting about my nForce Memory Controller but can’t seem to find the updated version. Also this program says I have 4gb of RAM but my Dxdiag says 3. I don’t understand.

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: war.2594

war.2594

Alright so I did some looking around and found a program to make sure my stuff is up to date. I found something interesting about my nForce Memory Controller but can’t seem to find the updated version. Also this program says I have 4gb of RAM but my Dxdiag says 3. I don’t understand.

dude with that pc and 4 gb ram you need to install windows 7 64bits..for reading all 4gb and than u can play very well

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Dolkar.7846

Dolkar.7846

Just to put it into an even bigger perspective, this is how it compares to other low end graphic cards: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+6150SE+nForce+430

And here is my old laptop card that runs the game on minimum details with 20-30 fps: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Mobility+Radeon+HD+530v

Low FPS - [merged]

Minalt.6089

dude with that pc and 4 gb ram you need to install windows 7 64bits..for reading all 4gb and than u can play very well

I don’t even own windows 7 plus that isn’t the problem. It is the processor I believe or compatibility on ANet side.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Liav.7598

Liav.7598

My other topic disappeared or got merged somewhere so I’m going to make a new one. I’ve been experimenting with my Crossfire setup and such to try to get this game to perform well, but to no avail. Before I get started, these are my relevant system specs.

MB: ASUS P8 Z77-V LX
CPU: i5 2500k @ stock clocks
GPU: Radeon HD 6670 x2 in Crossfire @ stock clocks
BIOS: No settings relevant to the operation of Crossfire
Drivers: Catalyst 12.8 w/ CAP 2, multiple reinstalls/driver cleans

The issue(s):

1) When the FPS Limiter is set to Unlimited, my game moves unbearably sluggishly, despite a reported FPS of 60-100 via the Options window. This is with VSync enabled or disabled. I notice that even with VSync enabled, my FPS still goes up to like 75 with the FPS Limiter disabled.

2) When the FPS Limiter is set to 60, my FPS becomes hard capped at 50 (fifty), but the game no longer has the sluggishness, it feels very smooth. However, this is only true if my FPS would have been equal to or higher than 50. If my FPS is lower than 50, and the limiter is set to 60, the sluggishness returns. If I then set the FPS Limiter to 30, the sluggishness goes away again, but my FPS is now hard capped at 25 (twenty-five).

3) When I disabled Crossfire and the game is running off of only one of my two 6670’s, my FPS is much higher overall, but the same issues with sluggishness occur unless I utilize the FPS Limiter and kill my FPS with it.

4) I would be fine living with my FPS hard capped at 50, however, once I visited Lion’s Arch, it all went sideways. With Crossfire enabled, in the Trading Post room in Lion’s Arch, I notice that the area around the NPCs flashes constantly. I haven’t noticed this anomaly anywhere else. It’s like a strobe light is going off, and this is regardless of how I have my game settings configured. I also noticed that anywhere in Lion’s Arch, my FPS is ALWAYS lower than it would be if I had Crossfire disabled.

5) Wtf does the FPS Limiter even do that Vsync is not intended to do? If I set the FPS Limiter to 60, and my VSync is enabled with a monitor refresh rate of 60, what function does it serve outside of redundancy, and why does it cause the game to play more smoothly when enabled under certain conditions? To reiterate those “certain conditions”, it is when the FPS is either at or above the FPS Limiter setting.

Please give me some advice so I can get this fixed. There’s no reason why my game should be more stable without Crossfire than with. If you need me to provide more information I will.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Kyliticus.8613

Kyliticus.8613

I just re-installed my nvidia drivers fresh.. Can run D3 on max settings no problem.. Can run League of Legends on max settings no problem.. So I have no idea what the issue is!

Here are my specs:

Intel Q6600 2.4GHz
NVIDIA 8800GT
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

Yes, I realize my system is old, but I am still FAR above the minimal requirements. Every other game I have tried playing on it I have had zero issues with FPS at all. I have watched Youtube videos of people using a similar system to mine for GW2, and have received FPS between 40-60 on low – medium settings.

Can anyone help?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Alcodis.9348

Alcodis.9348

I am unable to get more then 5 fps while trying to quest and play the game unless i am looking at the floor.

It does not matter if it is set to Best Performance or Best Appearance

Best Performance 6-8 FPS Standing Still
Best Appearance 4-5 FPS Standing Still

I have gone into Windowed Mode and shrank the screen to where i cant even seen the full Menu’s and yet the FPS does not change. I figured you guys are looking to this as i have seen multiple articles on this. But i wanted to put my info in as well.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core, 3800+
Ram 4.0GB
Win 7 64bit
GeForce GT 220

(edited by Alcodis.9348)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Liav.7598

Liav.7598

Replying to this for a bump.

Here’s an interesting fact.

If I open a Firefox page up in the background, no particular site, just the browser, my FPS goes up to a hardcap of 63 with VSync enabled/FPS Limiter set to 60. This is where it should be, but then I start experiencing variations in frames which leads to some sluggishness in the camera turning. I have GPU-Z running in the background and it doesn’t cause my FPS to increase, only Firefox. There may be some Flash content playing on the page I have opened that is causing it to do this? It’s just Yahoo’s home page.

When I close the browser and tab back in to GW2, my FPS once again becomes hard capped at 50 and I experience incredibly accurate/snappy camera movement that feels like it is how it is intended to feel, as opposed to the lazy camera movement that most people seem to complain about.

I am about 100% sure that this is an issue with GW2’s software, I can’t imagine that any of this is hardware related lol.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

Yup, everyone has this problem. If support would pick some tickets and follow through, rather than request information, wait a week, request information, wait a week….etc…
There would be a fix already.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Ahwoo.8029

Ahwoo.8029

There is a massive difference between games like Diablo 3 or League, and Guild Wars 2. Those games aren’t MMOs. In the situations where there are many (40-100) players on your screen, like WvWvW or even a dynamic event, that Q6600 is going to be crippled, because that is when much of the load switches from your GPU to your CPU. So, in your case, six FPS sounds about right. Newer MMOs are better about load distribution, but, they’re still MMOS.

Low FPS - [merged]

Echo.7259

Actually original psoter is right, from his hardware his FPS might not be great, and he would need lower settings, but he should at least be getting 20-40 FPS region on lowest and a low resolution. Not “6”
I know people with weaker hardware running the game on lowest at a solid FPS.

Low FPS - [merged]

Ahwoo.8029

I’m not have that problem. I get around 80 FPS, on max settings, while out questing. Around 35-45, under maximum Load, while still on max settings. So, please, don’t make generalizations. I’ve seen numerous posts, from folks posting low-end specs, who think they’re high-end, reporting low FPS, and clamming it must be pervasive. 6-8 FPS actually sounds about right for those specs. I’m not exaggerating. If you haven’t bough a high-end system in the last couple years, you’re not gonna get the performance you’re looking for.

Low FPS - [merged]

Ahwoo.8029

I’m sorry, that’s just not true. If you haven’t bought a high-end system, in the last couple years, you’re not going to be playing this game with any real satisfaction. It is graphically intense, we are talking about 4gb of ram, a Q6600 and a SIX year old graphics card, no, I’m sorry, but no. His OS takes half of his physical RAM. I’m telling you, for a fact, that those specs, and that performance is about accurate.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Shadeblast.5231

Shadeblast.5231

I’m sorry, that’s just not true. If you haven’t bought a high-end system, in the last couple years, you’re not going to be playing this game with any real satisfaction. It is graphically intense, we are talking about 4gb of ram, a Q6600 and a SIX year old graphics card, no, I’m sorry, but no. His OS takes half of his physical RAM. I’m telling you, for a fact, that those specs, and that performance is about accurate.

I am sorry, but I run this game with steady 50-60 fps in PvE on:

Intel E8400 @3GHz
nVidia 9600GT
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

His pc should in this case easily be capable of atleast 30 fps…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: DougyB.1037

DougyB.1037

I have been struggling with FPS issues in WvW since launch.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 930 Processor (4x 2.80GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 – 1GB – EVGA Superclocked
Memory: DDR3-1800
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

I get about 50FPS in PvE on high settings. Sometimes it dips to 40 in places like Lion’s Arch. I can turn the settings down to low and I’ll get 60 quite steadily.

In WvW, I get 10-15 FPS max during any sort of conflict with people and it fluctuates making me sick to my stomach. I can turn my settings to ultra, or to the lowest they’ll go and the FPS stays at 15.

Running EVGA precision and monitoring my CPU via taskmanager shows that my GPU never exceeds 70% load (hovers around 70c), and my CPU never exceeds 70% either. One thing I noticed on my card though is that when I have been WvWing for about an hour and the lag is bad enough, the core and shader clocks on my card will start fluctuating up and down. No idea what that means.

Is it my card? My CPU? Just the game? I’ve rolled my drivers back to the current release after using the 306’s since launch. Zero difference in performance. The fact that in WvW my FPS remains the same (~15) with settings on ultra or on low is what has me perplexed.

What is causes me to have these FPS problems? I have never had issues before GW2.

Help is appreciated.

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

Background apps? Free space on HD? DxDiag?

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

I would suggest a line test for speed and a ping test. Could be net lag causing some of the problems.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: DougyB.1037

DougyB.1037

Latency causing FPS issues? I don’t know about that.

My connection is 50 down 30 up.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Eygenaar.8751

Eygenaar.8751

Sadly, it turns out that forcing PhysX to use the CPU only delays the problem, but does not entirely fix it – the trigger areas will eventually still cause an extreme FPS drop.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: MadJack.8193

MadJack.8193

The biggest bottleneck here is the 8800. I’ll admit that 6 FPS is still pretty low. IMO he should be able to get a 20-ish FPS on medium at best, mid teen at worse.

As far as comparison to other “YouTube videos”, stop that. Your computer isn’t their computer. You can make gross estimations, but that’s the end of it. No 2 computers are the same and you’ll never get the same thing out of 2 identical ’puters either.

Finally, please stop it with the “It works great on X but not on this game”. Don’t compare apples to oranges, it never works. The only comparison you can make is similar systems running the same game. That’s it.

If you want to check if your computer kickskitten run The Witcher 2 at ultra. You will get nosebleeds.

We are the sum of our mistakes.
You sir, must be very experienced.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Ouspensky.5248

Ouspensky.5248

I’m in the same boat. PVE and even SPVP is playable for the most part, but WVW is absolutely unplayable.

GPU usage and CPU usage never go above 60%.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: LookBehindU.6193

LookBehindU.6193

I run my game on best performance, and when standing still I have 17 fps, and in fights i have 6-9 fps.

Intel Core Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz
Ram 4.0GB
windows 7 32-bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

ideas?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Varna.5162

Varna.5162

You need a better CPU. This game is really CPU intensive and even high-end quads with good OC’s (4.5+ GHZ) can have issues.

Low FPS - [merged]

Echo.7259

You need a better CPU. This game is really CPU intensive and even high-end quads with good OC’s (4.5+ GHZ) can have issues.

Then that isn’t his computers fault, it’s the game. Seriously, I can overclock my 8129 to 4.1 and not get over 12 FPS anywhere. That is a problem with the games design.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: NerdRage.6184

NerdRage.6184

Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
25 GB available HDD space
Broadband Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse

where does it say that?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
25 GB available HDD space
Broadband Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse

where does it say that?

Agreed, something is just plain wrong with the game right now. He shouldn’t expect stellar FPS on his system, but with low settings it should at least be playable and I do not consider anything under 15fps to be playable.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: LookBehindU.6193

LookBehindU.6193

Yeah exactly, i mean i know my system isn’t that good at all, but i would have thought it would run just a bit better haha, I will most likely upgrade my CPU anyway though :/

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Varna.5162

Varna.5162

Yeah exactly, i mean i know my system isn’t that good at all, but i would have thought it would run just a bit better haha, I will most likely upgrade my CPU anyway though :/

Oh, I’m not disagreeing with any of you. I have a pretty top of the line system and even I am subject to sub 20 FPS.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: boldswords.6943

boldswords.6943

Main problem is that the load isn’t being taken by the GPU and instead its being taken by the CPU. And if I remember correctly Anet actually had a BWE where it was mainly rendering with the GPU and it worked great…. I dont know why they would revert back to CPU rendering.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: mrconfused.3429

mrconfused.3429

I am getting anywhere from 10-30 fps, depending on how many people are around on just about the lowest graphics settings with this set up:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
This is the first game i have ever had “trouble” running, even on low settings. There has to be something, it doesnt make sense.
And my internet speed is posted below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2168395234.png

Low FPS - [merged]

Magnificat.5439

As far as I see, the server lag kills the game (but the lag should make only the data update smoothness choppy, not the rendering framerate)… yesterday night (GMT+1, so 12-9 hours ago) i had good fps… 30-40+… aaaaand its gone… now, 9am gmt+1, its horrible again, 8-15 tops…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Alcodis.9348

Alcodis.9348

I am not saying i should be running at 80+ FPS. But 6 is a low for any game on low settings. And it would change by shrinking the screen in a windowed mode. This does not.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Nycthemeron.7690

Nycthemeron.7690

My system which seems to do OK on most PvE and PvP tasks drops to absolute slide show mode when I get into AC. I dropped all of the video settings to bare minimum and even still I felt like I should be waiting for the beep so I could advance to the next slide. Maybe 2/3 fps.

Am I the only one?