Crashing

Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: kilyan.3758

kilyan.3758

for whom moaning about crappy performance in fx 8125 cpus and generally new fx series cpu, this cpu is not good for gaming, my phenom II x4 965 is much better even if is older.
I get most of the time 40-50 fps all maxed out except supersample at 1920×1080.(YEAH shadows on ultra and also lod distance ultra)
In large crowded events when all the players are throwing flames and lightnings that produce high fx effects, i drop to 15-20 but still playable to me.(no way i’m lowering settings:P)
I’m pretty happy with gw2 performance.
AMD PHENOM II X4 965 C3 3.4@3.7
MOBO ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
2X4 KINGSTONE GB HYPERX-GENESYS 1600 MHZ
COBA NITROX 500W(TO BE CHANGED TO BETTER,and maybe ill get even better fps,cause heating also produces lower fps)

phenom II x4 965 -corsair ax 650w gold
asus 560 ti dcII top -asrock 890 gx extreme 3
2×4 gb kingston hyperx genesys 1600 mhz

Crashing

kilyan.3758

suggestion:Always test all nvida betas out,cause they often much better and also less buggy than officials. 306.02 are best for me actually

Crashing

Posted by: GalaxyRed.5032

GalaxyRed.5032

suggestion:Always test all nvida betas out,cause they often much better and also less buggy than officials. 306.02 are best for me actually

Not everyone having a problem uses a NVidia card. Mine is a Radeon.

Crashing

kilyan.3758

Also final suggestion from me, when u build your new system u have to have components all of pretty same level.
To clarify if u have a monster gpu but a crappy cpu, u have a bottleneck that most surely will drop down ur fps!

Crashing

kilyan.3758

Not everyone having a problem uses a NVidia card. Mine is a Radeon.

i know i’m speaking for nvidia users,for my experience in there.
To be honest i had ati 5770 and not very happy with it, not sure if was the card or ati drivers though

Crashing

Posted by: amytheplanarshift.8520

amytheplanarshift.8520

Thanks so much for the reports everyone! Just know that we haven’t forgotten about you all and we’re still looking into this issue. One thing I would like to note, however, is of the many causes for low performance for players with high end graphics cards is that their PCi-Express GPU is plugged into a 1x|4x slot rather than a 16x slot. For players who have recently upgraded their video cards, we recommend ensuring that the GPU is plugged into the proper PCi-Express slot for maximum performance.

Thank you so much for the update! Your tip is an important one, but I would also like to clarify that I am certain that my GPU is in a 16x slot, just so that you guys know for when you are looking into this problem.

Thanks again, love the game!

Crashing

Posted by: Kaotica.9673

Kaotica.9673

I have had computer lock ups/crashes since day two of early access (I didn’t play during beta or day one.) I have pretty much give up on fixing the problem myself after doing everything from driver updates, modem firmware updates, plugging directly into my modem, bios update, to port forwarding.

I just wanted to post my info and logs to help things along.

-System specs-
CPU: i7 Lynnfield 870 @2.93ghz
GPU: BFG GeForce 295 GTX (Dual PCB version)
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 @ 8gb
PSU: Kingwin Mach 1 @ 1000-watts
Motherboard: EVGA p55 FTW 200

I’m running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit installed on a SSD with the game installed on a separate drive. (WD VelociRaptor)

I’ve monitored the temperatures on my CPU and GPU. My CPU hovers around 38c while in-game and my GPU never pass the mid 50’s.

Recently, tonight I watched the game crash to desktop sort of before my monitor lost signal and the sound locked. GW2.exe *32 was using around 1.09gb of RAM and never peaked over 12% CPU usage.

I’ve only had a crash report one time seeing as I usually have to hard restart my computer. I did find a dmp file from the one BSOD error I had a week ago when I crashed.

Crashing

Posted by: PaniK.9482

PaniK.9482

here i keep crashing all the time. sometimes 5mis sometimes 2hrs

Crashing

Posted by: derskusmacher.5839

derskusmacher.5839

Sub 30 FPS no matter the situation at auto-detect settings. PvE, WvWvW, sPvP.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Eizig.3079

Eizig.3079

Hi,

My specs :

CPU: Intel i5 750
GPU: Radeon HD 7870 by Sapphire
Graphic driver: 12.8 with 12.8 CAP2
Motherboard : P7P55D LE
RAM : 8 g

I got low fps indoors (between 10 and 20 fps) with medium settings, when my friends with lower end PC got 30 fps easy…

Edit : Problem solved, my card was plugged into the second PCI 16x port which is “lowered” at 4x 1.1. Pluged it in the first PCI 16x port, 40 fps minimum everywhere. Happy.

Attachments:

(edited by Eizig.3079)

Crashing

Posted by: pabloedvardo.3058

pabloedvardo.3058

Thanks so much for the reports everyone! Just know that we haven’t forgotten about you all and we’re still looking into this issue. One thing I would like to note, however, is of the many causes for low performance for players with high end graphics cards is that their PCi-Express GPU is plugged into a 1x|4x slot rather than a 16x slot. For players who have recently upgraded their video cards, we recommend ensuring that the GPU is plugged into the proper PCi-Express slot for maximum performance.

This is a joke, right? I do PC hardware support for a living. There is no such thing as a high-end video card that goes in a 1x or 4x slot. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

A PCIx16 video card cannot physically fit into a smaller slot.

Perhaps you meant to say that some users were using a SLI-compatible PCI-e x16 slot which when used alone (without other SLI cards installed) runs at 8x, and therefore the user should consult their motherboard manual to determine the proper slot to use when using a single video card. This is literally the only situation that could be somewhat similar to what you’re describing.

Also, to clarify, even if a user was using it in a PCI-e x16 slot running at 8x, they would not see the level of performance degradation as reported in this thread. Many SLI systems default the ports to 8x on the secondary or third video card slot anyways, with relatively marginal difference.

In addition, new PCI-e 3.0 slots run much faster than their 2.0 counterparts. So an ‘x8’ speed 3.0 slot is at least as fast as an ‘x16’ 2.0 slot.

I don’t intend to be mean, but this is a tech support forum, perhaps someone with basic PC knowledge should be the one communicating with the users.

(edited by pabloedvardo.3058)

Crashing

Posted by: Atrocity.5794

Atrocity.5794

I ran GPU-Z in the background while playing some GW2 and found some interesting stuff.

It shows that it does actually go up to 99% GPU Load thing is it’s only using a max of 322MB of the 1024MB it has dedicated, this might be where the poor performance is coming from since it’s not using all the video ram it could be. Hopefully ANET see’s this post and reads the log and also see’s it as the possible issue.

NOTE: My GPU is in the x16 interface and is running at x16
also you’ll have to save the attachment to be able to read it correctly as it looses its formatting on the web browser for some reason -.-

(edited by Atrocity.5794)

Crashing

Posted by: Bounty.7632

Bounty.7632

This is a joke, right? I do PC hardware support for a living. There is no such thing as a high-end video card that goes in a 1x or 4x slot. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Perhaps you meant to say that some users were using a SLI-compatible PCI-e x16 slot which when used alone (without other SLI cards installed) runs at 8x, and therefore the user should consult their motherboard manual to determine the proper slot to use when using a single video card. This is literally the only situation that could be somewhat similar to what you’re describing.

Also, to clarify, even if a user was using it in a PCI-e x16 slot running at 8x, they would not see the level of performance degradation as reported in this thread. Many SLI systems default the ports to 8x on the secondary or third video card slot anyways, with relatively marginal difference.

In addition, new PCI-e 3.0 slots run much faster than their 2.0 counterparts. So an ‘x8’ speed 3.0 slot is at least as fast as an ‘x16’ 2.0 slot.

I don’t intend to be mean, but this is a tech support forum, perhaps someone with basic PC knowledge should be the one communicating with the users.

To bad even with the most basic google search you would have found that this has actually been a resolution for many people as their is a bug in some motherboards that makes the slot run in x1 or some people just flat out put the video card in the wrong slot.

This personally is not the cause of my poor performance but i would suggest everyone to check via GPU-Z.

Pwned.

I gotcher back Ashley lolol.

(edited by Bounty.7632)

Crashing

Atrocity.5794

Yep def a x1 bug in some motherboards, sad thing is you could of been missing out on quality gaming and upgrading GPU’s for no reason if this x1 error occurred :P

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=522

Crashing

pabloedvardo.3058

To bad even with the most basic google search you would have found that this has actually been a resolution for many people as their is a bug in some motherboards that makes the slot run in x1 or some people just flat out put the video card in the wrong slot.

This personally is not the cause of my poor performance but i would suggest everyone to check via GPU-Z.

Pwned.

I gotcher back Ashley lolol.

You do realize ‘Ashley’ made no comment in regards to a PCIe x1 SPEED bug, but instead, and I quote, said, “their PCi-Express GPU is plugged into a 1x|4x slot rather than a 16x slot.”

Notice the key word here: PLUGGED.

This implies physically plugging into a slot. Nothing to do with speed due to a motherboard bug.

I use Google all the time. This is a matter of reading comprehension. Nice try, though.

Edit: P.S. Some video cards reduce link speed when going into low power states. Make sure you’re checking the link speed while the GPU is under load, or you may not get a correct reading (e.g. a false x1 speed due to idle state).

(edited by pabloedvardo.3058)

Crashing

Atrocity.5794

Wrong some motherboards with SLI/Xfire defualt the other PCIe x16 slots to x1-x4 speeds….

Crashing

pabloedvardo.3058

Wrong some motherboards with SLI/Xfire defualt the other PCIe x16 slots to x1-x4 speeds….

I already mentioned this in my initial reply, and this is exactly what I’m saying. The ‘tech’ should clarify. I know from experience that blanket statements like “maybe you plugged it in the wrong slot” can do a lot of damage in the hands of a basic user without the right context to explain it.

Crashing

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

I ve had a lengthy discussion with support over this for the past 2 weeks. Here s my original post to them:

I run a Q6600 @ 3Ghz and a 560Ti.
My framerate last stress test on max settings in towns was around 25, in the first zone 20 and in combat with 10+ people on screen 10. Reducing shadows to low and reflections to “sky&terrain only” got my frames to around 35/25/15. Other settings had no effect.
CPU cores were at 60-80%, in combat around 70-90, GPU never went over 30.

I ve submitted several diags/benchmarks, changed several settings and drivers and clocked my CPU back to stock. None of it helped. Rather the last (first suggested) action resulted in worse performance.

It definitely is not my gfx card that is causing these issues. That leaves CPU performance and memory bandwidth as far as hardware goes and/or really bad code optimization for older CPUs which seems to be the most likely case.
As it currently stands the actual recommended spec for this game is an i5 ivy/sandy since only CPUs that good will not bottleneck most decent gfx cards and deliver 30+ FPS 90% of the time.
I really hope ANET can fix these issues and bring CPU dependency down to a more reasonable level.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Crashing

Posted by: Tristesse Moonpaw.1036

Tristesse Moonpaw.1036

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 Ghz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: ATI Radeon 5670 1GB

Never get more than 8 fps even on lowest possible settings.

Crashing

Posted by: Sylarsun.2846

Sylarsun.2846

GPU – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
CPU – Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA Driver 306.02 Beta

In games like Skyrim I have smooth 30+ fps on ultra settings, but in GW2 I see little variation between my fps in max performance/appearance/auto-detect. It stays around 20-30 fps usually, but some days I see 15-25 it seems. Alone, this framerate might be bearable, but in areas of moderate casting and action, I see a nastier 10-20 fps. My GPU usage doesn’t go above 60% and my total CPU usage is around 60%, but none of the cores hit 100% (every so often I see a 90 spike in one, though). I see no bottlenecking yet in my system. So yeah, I have the same symptoms as the the rest of this lot it seems. In all fairness, I haven’t left Shaemoor yet, but with this framerate, think it’s best to wait for a fix so that I can enjoy the game once I officially “start” playing it.

Actually, while I’m posting, I might as well agree that I feel like this game out to switch some more stress over to the GPU. Although the CPU isn’t bottlenecking me YET, it will once this is all sorted out, and it seems like more people want to see it optimized for their GPUs than their CPUs. Thank you Arenanet however for actually caring, however! A lot of companies seem perfectly conteent in ignoring these sorts of things. Let us hope for a massive patch!

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Bounty.7632

Bounty.7632

I don’t even need to post my specs to figure out what the problem is.

My GPU usage never goes above 30% (6950 2gb). It drops whenever my framerate drops.

PLEASE FIX THIS SOON.
I cannot even play the game due to how bad it runs.

Crashing

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

I wish they would tell me if I can leave and come back in one week, a month, etc…. How long do they think it will take…

Crashing

Posted by: Takoya.4357

Takoya.4357

Specs:

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600 @2.5GHz
RAM:6g
Motherboard: ASUSTek P5N-D
GPU: Geforce GTX 465 1GB
Graphics Driver: 306.02 Beta

I get about 30fps or lower throughout most of the game. In cities like the Black Citadel, it goes down to about 15fps. Then in big events like WvWvW or the Shatterer, it drops to about 2-3fps.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: GalaxyRed.5032

GalaxyRed.5032

I’m just wondering.. is everyone’s perception of FPS drop only about it being lower than 60 FPS? Because I’ve noticed some people in this thread mentioning they have “FPS drops”, when they’re close to the 100’s in FPS already. That’s insanely fast to begin with. Most people should be lucky enough to even get around the 60 FPS range before they start seeing FPS quality dropping.

Crashing

Posted by: Oculus.5703

Oculus.5703

FPS drop after updating DirectX

I thought I’d throw this in here, since I have been able to re-produce the issue.

After being forced to “update” the default DirectX11 that comes with Windows 7, in order to install another game, I noticed a 10fps drop ( down from around 25-30fps ).

I re-installed Windows and was back to the old performance. Tested again and installed via web-install ( adding DirectX9 and 10 ) and the performance dropped again.

It’s seems that GW2, being a DX9 game, seems to perform better on an untainted DX11 install, and somehow installing DX9 and 10 forces it use some less optimized DX9 APIs.

This is on a DX 10 card.

CPU: Core 2 Duo @ 2.6GHz
GPU: 8800GT 512MB
RAM: 4GB

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: BAMFZILLA.1850

BAMFZILLA.1850

CPU: Amd athlon II x3 425 @ 2.70 ghz OC’d to 3.15 ghz
GPU: Amd Radeon HIS 5770
Memory: 3 gb ddr2 sdram 800 mhz

I’m averaging about 30 fps, it will drop down to about 20 fps in certain areas such as divinity’s reach or ares with a lot of open space or on screen characters. WvW isn’t going above 15 fps as soon as I get within the reach of a battle and turning my graphics settings down really isn’t effecting anything. My gpu isn’t going above a 40% load even whenever I’m getting 5 fps. Adjusting the graphics settings isn’t doing anything for me either. FPS remains the same.

Crashing

Posted by: miiksu.3741

miiksu.3741

You know that PCI-E x16 graphic card can fit any PCI-E slot if you want and it works. You just have to cut open slot’s ending. Try it yourself if don’t believe. And some motherboards have two long as x16 slots but another one can be x4 if not high end motherboard.

Crashing

Posted by: SevenMod.5683

SevenMod.5683

My specs are:

Windows 7
AMD Phenom x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz
NVidia GTX 550ti 1GB
4GB RAM

I get 60fps in some places even when im in combat, but only 30-40 when looking into a random building somewere.
This game is amazing and I hope the problem with low fps will be fixed.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: sauceboss.7693

sauceboss.7693

This is the most awfully optimized game I’ve ever played.

Have a GTX 260, 2.1Ghz AMD Phenom Triple Core, 4GB DDR2 memory. I don’t have the greatest system but it runs at 20FPS on max, or on low, I don’t understand. I can play BF3 just fine on med-high settings.

Fix your game.

Crashing

Posted by: machia.1576

machia.1576

Hi, whenever I play Guild Wars 2, my game randomly glitches up(sometimes i can only play for 10 mins, but some times up to 5 hours without any problems) and I am forced to hard reset. “ctrl+alt+del” doesnt work. However, the music in the background is still playing normally.

Currently using NVIDIA GTX460 with 306.20 driver (it crashes even with 304.79)

Crashing

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

I am also crashing. Not as frequently as every 40 minutes, but usually every 2-4 hours the game will crash.

I have sent the error report every time it happens. Sometimes I do not get any error at all.

My specs:
Windows 7 64bit
8GB DDR3 1600
Radeon HD 5970 12.8 /latest cap
i7-2600k 3.8ghz

Max settings in-game.

This is definitely not just nvidia or 32bit os’s getting the crashing. I can vouch for that, so can the 50+ error reports I have sent in.

Crashing

Posted by: ROMP.9403

ROMP.9403

Weird performance.

1) My desktop runs on ATi 5700 XFire, 4GB RAM, Phenom. Really a mid range gaming rig I use 3 years ago. It runs fine with 60fps on all zone at high settings. (HAPPY)

2) My Alienware M17R3, ATi 6970, 8GB RAM, i7-2820QM, 512GB SSD. Top end gaming laptop. 14fps on all zones sometimes dipping to 1 fps and 4 fps… at minimum settings. (UNHAPPY)

So the question now is on my M17R3, I can play crysis, assassin creed, skyrim and a whole load of games at high settings and still get 40-60 fps. Why GW2 is giving such a poor fps?

CURRENT FIX: ArenaNet probably did some ninja fix while I swap my RAMs to use Dual Channel. Now it runs at 26fps at minimum settings. Not too bad, but still, I am losing the full experience of playing the game.

If anyone out there are able to give a solid fix, I am sure a lot of us out there will be very very please and will be able to fully experience GW2 whole heartedly.

Crashing

Posted by: Swordbreaker.2581

Swordbreaker.2581

Yes romp. Make sure you download the latest catalyst drivers and also download theCatalyst application profiles that will be on the same page. That should help your low fps.

Asrock X79 Extreme4 mobo / I7 3930k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
/ 2x XFX R9 290x in Crossfire

Crashing

Posted by: Zelta.6829

Zelta.6829

My Specs are,

i5 2500k @ 4GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 670 OC
On 306.02 Drivers

At high settings with medium LOD and shadows, can only get around 40-50fps in high density/graphic areas (with no players). Low density areas get around 70ish. WvW is just a cluster bomb and lag feast, unplayable if you want to be competitive.

It does feel like a memory leak/poor cpu optimisation, because when I pan 360 degrees, the already loaded textures requires more loading, even in doors. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the game is just 1 big file.

IMO, GW2 is not as demanding as Tera. If I can run Tera on max with stable 60fps+, I do think it’s something wrong with the game itself.

Haven’t been playing much, since I go for WvW most of the time, and it’s simply unplayable.

Crashing

Posted by: Badtrip.2760

Badtrip.2760

Intel Pentium G860 3.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Windows 7 Home Premiun 64-bit

Normally my settings are on medium/high. Giving me a 25-50 fps at solo play.
I’m getting very low fps on heavily populated areas. Large Events and WwW are basically unplayable.
It doesn’t seem to matter whether I change my graphic settings or not. Large events and PvP remain unplayable.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

Check another off for the Crossfire map bug.

Edit: Also happens after dialogue scenes.

Crashing

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

EDIT: actually the only issue i have is the zoom. it looks like at texture changes. a couple of zoom levels will have the same textures and they will zoom back and forth fine and i can pan the map fine. but if i try to quick scroll out its more than a second of pause and stutter as it zooms in and out

I dont know about AC but i get the map problem talked about here. trying to zoom the main map is difficult.

gtx560 driver version 304.79.
pentium core2 quad
8gigs

it doesn’t matter what i set the in game graphics to. the main map has the same performance.
however it seems to go in spurts of very fast for a .25 second and then pause. although pressing the map key goes into and out of the map smoothly.
sometime before launch this was working smoothly for me.
rest of the game is playable at auto detect perf levels.

EDIT – I seem to have been moved to a consolidated frame rate drop forum. I created a new thread as the issue was NOT frame rate dropping specifically, and the issue was specific to a single zone, the dungeon, Ascalonian Catacombs. This is NOT a frame rate issue, in fact, I believe this to be a problem caused by the zone itself, making the following post more of a bug report.

What is going on with this zone? In most heavy populated areas on mid-high settings I get a stable 25-35 FPS, and feel no delay in movement or mouse turning. Inside AC my framerate drops, staticly, and I feel a heavy delay in all of my actions. The time between when I move my mouse and my camera turns gets as high as a second.

When all of my in game settings are reduced to the lowest settings, I reach stable framerates of 30+, but this delay in my movements does not disappear. I still find my camera turning almost a full second after I move my mouse. Furthermore, I can be nearly 100% certain that this is not caused by network lag, as a high latency would not create a delay in camera movement.

The basics of my computer specs are as follows:
- i7 930 Processor
- Nvidia GTX260 Video Card, using the beta drivers which the Guild Wars launcher recommended I download.
- 6GB DDR3 RAM
- Windows 7 64-bit OS

If there’s anything I can do to solve this problem, I would like to hear about it so that I might be able to actually enjoy the dungeon.

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)

Crashing

Posted by: Strahd.2081

Strahd.2081

Now , you can see the specs on DxDiag. My pc ain’t exactly high end, but it’s good. So, i experince those FPS spikes. When I’m at 35 fps , then I drop to 3, for like 4 secs , then up to 35 again. When at WvW or big events, for example Shatterer i get like 9 fps, until the dragon’s dead. Any suggestions?

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: himmelweiss.1469

himmelweiss.1469

Thought i should add a few screenies for you guys to see CPU and GPU usage while ingame, not sure if it helps.
As you can see, currently running the game with max settings having 44FPS with both GTX 680s in SLI.
It’s like that in pretty much all areas. In WvW it can drop below 30s, about 26 – 30FPS.

That perfomance would be really okay for me if i wouldn’t have such an high-end PC Setup. In other games i have zero issues.

Cards, the entire PC are correctly setup. Yes the cards are in the right slow, yes the PCIE 3.0 slots give what they can just give.
Yes the ram is correctly Setup to use the QUAD-Channel technology.

Oh and turning V-Sync on or off makes no difference.
Playing in full-screen and changing the default refresh stuff thingies doesn’t make any difference.

To avoid confusion i added the dxdiag again in this post.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

i5-2500
GTX570
8GB RAM

nothing is OC i play best apparance details and its 43-60fps most of the time but as ppl said in WvW it can go down to 20fps and even in some big events it drops almost below 30fps and changing details doesnt impove it that much unless i turn off all the nice effect which makes this game soo pretty…

EDIT: @himmelweiss.1469 omg fps like that with 2xGTX680? Thats just wrong!

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Crashing

Posted by: Grebyr.7215

Grebyr.7215

I was having consistent crashing problems until I lowered my settings to the lowest. I have not had a crash since. I have played up to 6 hours at a stretch with no problems. I am slowly moving up one area at a time to see if I can determine what is causing the issue.

Windows Vista
4gb DD3
Nvidia GTS 450
Phenom II x 6 1055T 2.8 ghz

When I do jump back to higher settings to see if the issues persists (let the game auto detect) I end up with a crash within 5 minutes in upper level zones but can play longer in lower level zones (don’t quite get this open but oh well).

Love to hear this issue is being looked at and I hope a solution is coming soon.

Crashing

Posted by: cosine.2583

cosine.2583

Laptop users don’t have that option as most laptop graphics cards that aren’t onboard are on a 1x or 2x PCI-e pipe and there’s not much that can be done about it.

Crashing

Posted by: Meshuggah.9103

Meshuggah.9103

Currently we are investigating a known issue with 32-bit operating systems and Nvidia GTX cards. Unfortunately there is no ETA for a fix at this time – though I am glad to hear Grizzle that you haven’t experienced the crash in a while. It is possible that this could be a driver based issue since you have a GTS Nvidia card.

I would recommend a clean installation of the newest drivers since yours appear to be a couple of months old. If anything this should at least improve performance for you.

I have the crashing problem and i have 64 bit system btw.

Crashing

Posted by: Arbitor.1693

Arbitor.1693

9600mGT with Nvidia 304.79 drivers. t9400 cpu.

Get 25-30 fps normally, after around 30 mins play it drops to around 9.

Edit: All tempretures are normal, GPU utilisation doesn’t even seem to drop by much.

Clock speeds remain at 500mhz core and 800mhz memory throughout.

Crashing

Posted by: Shadeblast.5231

Shadeblast.5231

Well, I find it quite odd to see how the specs don’t really matter, I however have both a laptop and a desktop for comparison.

DESKTOP – Low settings:
Intel E8400 Stock (@3GHz) – Runs @ 90-100%
nVidia 9600GT 512MB – Runs @ 90-100%
4GB RAM
Windows Ultimate 64-bit

FPS somewhere inbetween 20-40 in PvE, but in WvWvW or very large battles it drops to below 10 FPS.

LAPTOP – High settings (Out for repairs):
Intel i7-3610QM (@2,3GHz) – Ran roughly at 80-100%
nVidia GTX660M – Didn’t look at usage.
8GB RAM
Windows Home Premium 64-bit

Ran smoothly at around 40-60 fps on high settings, with 120 on low.
I did not try WvWvW before it had to go back to the store due to a fabrication error (Glue residue in the screen casing).

Crashing

Posted by: Problem.1429

Problem.1429

CPU – i3 370M
GPU – ATI HD550V
RAM- 4GB DDR3
Drivers up 2 date

exploring and doing DE’s – 25-30 fps
WvW,Massive DE’s – 19fps with dips to 15fps

Intel 486SX, 2Mb SIMM, 3.5-inch floppy drive, MS-DOS 6

Crashing

Posted by: IskariotE.8675

IskariotE.8675

This is sick on no matter what setting i play i have ~10fps >_>

Crashing

Posted by: Mraz.3057

Mraz.3057

Thought i should add a few screenies for you guys to see CPU and GPU usage while ingame, not sure if it helps.
As you can see, currently running the game with max settings having 44FPS with both GTX 680s in SLI.
It’s like that in pretty much all areas. In WvW it can drop below 30s, about 26 – 30FPS.

That perfomance would be really okay for me if i wouldn’t have such an high-end PC Setup. In other games i have zero issues.

Cards, the entire PC are correctly setup. Yes the cards are in the right slow, yes the PCIE 3.0 slots give what they can just give.
Yes the ram is correctly Setup to use the QUAD-Channel technology.

Oh and turning V-Sync on or off makes no difference.
Playing in full-screen and changing the default refresh stuff thingies doesn’t make any difference.

To avoid confusion i added the dxdiag again in this post.

Yeah bro u need to turn that supersampling down to normal, otherwise you get cra**y FPS…trust me I’m on Ati 7950, and with supersample off I get on high to max settings about 70 Fps…

Crashing

Posted by: Shadeblast.5231

Shadeblast.5231

This is sick on no matter what setting i play i have ~10fps >_>

Maybe post your specs?

Crashing

Posted by: AuroraFlare.1682

AuroraFlare.1682

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
6056MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M – Version 304.79 BETA
DirectX 11
GW2 graphics settings are Medium for pretty much everything.

During gameplay, there are times it’ll run okay, but often, FPS drops significantly, especially in battles or story dialogue, meaning that entire scenes in the storyline are skipped or dragged out very slowly. This definitely did NOT happen prior to the third beta weekend (in fact, prior to that beta, the preset graphics settings were at Very High, not Medium).