Mantle AMD update ?

Mantle AMD update ?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Noctris.7204

Noctris.7204

Q:

To anyone, this is a Mantle AMD topic discussion.

Since, we all probably know that AMD R7-R9 series will come with a new pre-hardware acess program, called Mantle. I was just wondering, will Guild Wars 2 recives a Mantle update or support for it ?

Mantle AMD update ?

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

I made a suggestion about it here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Support-for-AMD-Mantle

Not too sure if I foresee it happening, but it would be pretty nice.

Mantle AMD update ?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I highly doubt that Anet would implement it but it would be interesting.
The game needs bigtime optimization polish even after a year.
It still feels like beta in certain situations.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Mantle AMD update ?

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Dont hold ur breath. Anet have done very little to improve performance since launch. I highley doubt they will put the effort into changing the from DX9 to Mantle.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Mantle AMD update ?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There’s still a debate about including Dx11 and that’s mainstream. Mantle is specific only to GCN based AMD cards so yea, I’m going to say not for some time, if ever.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mantle AMD update ?

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Since some of the R9 and R7 cards are rebranded/faster versions of AMD Radeon HD 7000 cards, I wonder if my 7970s will see anything Mantle related. I mean, they’re GCN as well but, you know.

Mantle AMD update ?

Posted by: Noctris.7204

Noctris.7204

for your 7970, you are going to have the update.

Mantle AMD update ?

Posted by: elpsychodiablo.7168

elpsychodiablo.7168

Forget about kick kitten features on Guildwars, they are even not able to recover my mage which was deleted by my frend when i go wc, not because the Support dont want to recovery, its Technical not possible with their System.

So dont dream about DX11 or Mantel update, i say the just cant. They even cant recover champs.

Mantle AMD update ?

Posted by: sobe.4157

sobe.4157

We don’t even have a live demonstration of Mantle yet anyway(BF4 Mantle update won’t come until December), so the AMD fanboys screaming “MANTLE IS OUR SAVIORZ” are quite the misguided. Nvidia has had this same thing for several years, it relies on if the people coding the ENGINE want to add it, not people who code for the game itself.

Mantle may not even be all it’s cracked up to be, just wait for it to actually be released and used in games to then decide if it’s worthwhile your praising it.

3770k 4.9ghz | Koolance 380i | NexXxoS XT45 | XSPC D5 Photon | ASUS MVFormula |
Mushkin Black 16gb 1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo |2×2TB CavBlack| GALAX 980 SoC |
NZXT Switch 810 | Corsair HX850 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Beyerdynamic T90

Mantle AMD update ?

elpsychodiablo.7168

Ultra HD 4k 60fps battlefield 4 is not enough demonstration?

Mantle AMD update ?

sobe.4157

Since Mantle is not used in Battlefield 4 yet, I would say no. Not until reputable people like HardOCP get their hands on testing to backup any claims.

Or, you can just be sheep led by AMD in their all knowing and listen to anything they tell you, kinda like what Razer does with it’s moronic consumers.

Also, since 2 290X can run 4K displays, so can 2 780’s. So by saying that running 4K relies on Mantle, that would say that Nvidia already surpassed AMD in that regard not even needing Mantle, which would be an ignorant statement as it’s not true since a single card can run a 4K display from either camp.

Mushkin Black 16gb 1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo |2×2TB CavBlack| GALAX 980 SoC |

(edited by sobe.4157)

Mantle AMD update ?

Avelos.6798

Lol, ‘mantle is our savior’ I don’t believe that. I do expect some nice things from it though.

Mantle AMD update ?

sobe.4157

Lol, ‘mantle is our savior’ I don’t believe that. I do expect some nice things from it though.

Exactly. Mantle is not even slated for anything aside from Frostbite 3 and our first taste of it will be in December with the BF4 mantle patch. Until then, noone aside from AMD testers fully know what it is capable of. So we, as consumers have no idea yet, all we can do is speculate, but we certainly can’t say it will be good or bad, because we DON’T KNOW.

Mantle AMD update ?

elpsychodiablo.7168

do you know whats software level api, hadware level api and osi model?

even nvidia make a low level api for steamos but thats different topic.

Mantle AMD update ?

sobe.4157

If you think you understand hardware level API, which I already mentioned Nvidia has had for years (years before SteamOS came to be), then you SHOULD understand that until it is actually out and we have hard numbers behind it, you are doing nothing but believing possibility only.

If you don’t understand the use of low-level hardware API, it allows developers to work more closely with the “silicon” so to speak and bypass much of the software required to normally do so through the likes of DirectX. That’s as simple as I can sum it up for you.

When it is actually out and IN USE, we can then judge it based on hard numbers, until then, anything you think you know is purely speculation.

Mantle AMD update ?

Avelos.6798

I think CryTek might get some work with the Mantle project too since their Crysis 3 game was sponsored by AMD majorly. But who knows? Something to look forward to. I don’t believe Guild Wars will EVER grab any sort of mantle stuff. I don’t care if this game never gets direct x 11 api garbage. Just make it run better for AMD processors and I’d be very satisfied.

Mantle AMD update ?

elpsychodiablo.7168

If you think you understand hardware level API, which I already mentioned Nvidia has had for years (years before SteamOS came to be), then you SHOULD understand that until it is actually out and we have hard numbers behind it, you are doing nothing but believing possibility only.

If you don’t understand the use of low-level hardware API, it allows developers to work more closely with the “silicon” so to speak and bypass much of the software required to normally do so through the likes of DirectX. That’s as simple as I can sum it up for you.

When it is actually out and IN USE, we can then judge it based on hard numbers, until then, anything you think you know is purely speculation.

it makes no sence talking with you lol
haters gonna hate

Mantle AMD update ?

Avelos.6798

haters gonna hate

It’s not our fault you don’t understand what Sobe’s talking about. I do. APIs are a problem.

Mantle AMD update ?

sobe.4157

haters gonna hate

It’s not our fault you don’t understand what Sobe’s talking about. I do. APIs are a problem.

All good, I figured he was probably an AMD fanboy trying his hardest to read more AMD ads or announcements instead of actually understanding what things do or how they work.

As far as CryEngine goes, if Mantle fairs well, I don’t see why not use it since it only has to be coded by the people coding the engine. If Mantle actually works well in direct correlation with AMD’s console takeover, the games we see on PC could be a lot less console port crap and actually be worthwhile, while working superbly on both platforms. At least one could hope anyway.