Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Xyngynkynyn.8741

Xyngynkynyn.8741

Also from the Philippines and I apparently have the same problem as you guys. I can’t do anything aside from moving around and enemies either stand there or repeat their animations. Travel by waypoint? Isn’t happening.

It all started Feb 12, even before the maintenance update. I’ve been playing the game fine before then and now it just is unplayable.

I already sent a support ticket about this and I’m still waiting for their reply.

For my kababayan: I’m on Skycable (Metro Manila) and I’m on Borlis Pass.

I’m using Skycable Broadband too. The lag issues also happened to me on Feb 12/Tuesday. I really wonder if certain ISPs need to upgrade/change/fix something in their side to get rid of the lag issues when connecting to Anet’s servers. Although I doubt this theory too because I have no trouble surfing the web and playing other online games.

Reinstalling the game doesn’t work too.

Same thing from the philippines same ISP skycable broadband….. they even came to change my modem please fix this so i can get back to owning everyone in wvw.

Even up to now, nothing has changed on the connectivity issues. I’m gonna call Sky Broadband’s Tech Support and see if they changed something on their side this week. I find it weird that there’s a sudden ip packet lost (100%) whenever I connect to GW2.

Worse-case scenario, I might try switching to a different ISP. Most of my guildmates play in the Philippines too and they never had connectivity issues like this. Although it’s just a hunch that certain ISPs are really the problem.

I’m also from the Philippines, use SkyBroadband and have been having connection issues since around Feb 12. Before that, my connection has been solid ever since launch. I sincerely doubt that our ISP is at fault here considering others all over the world have been having the same issue since roughly the same time (i.e. last scheduled maintenance of ANet that took down the servers for about 4 hours). It’s most likely imho, that whatever it is they did there caused this and I sincerely hope ANet is taking a look in that area.

Please fix this ANet because this game is unplayable as it currently is for us.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Feral Mouse.1072

Feral Mouse.1072

I’m on Sea of Sorrows, playing from New Zealand, and have been getting terrible lag since last weekend (9th/10th). I was disconnected 3 times within 10 minutes yesterday.
It’s become pretty much unplayable with actions taking anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds to activate. I’ve been playing since beta and it’s never been this bad before.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Rivenweye.8930

Rivenweye.8930

Also from the Philippines and I apparently have the same problem as you guys. I can’t do anything aside from moving around and enemies either stand there or repeat their animations. Travel by waypoint? Isn’t happening.

It all started Feb 12, even before the maintenance update. I’ve been playing the game fine before then and now it just is unplayable.

I already sent a support ticket about this and I’m still waiting for their reply.

I’m using Skycable Broadband too. The lag issues also happened to me on Feb 12/Tuesday. I really wonder if certain ISPs need to upgrade/change/fix something in their side to get rid of the lag issues when connecting to Anet’s servers. Although I doubt this theory too because I have no trouble surfing the web and playing other online games.

Same thing from the philippines same ISP skycable broadband….. they even came to change my modem please fix this so i can get back to owning everyone in wvw.

Even up to now, nothing has changed on the connectivity issues. I’m gonna call Sky Broadband’s Tech Support and see if they changed something on their side this week. I find it weird that there’s a sudden ip packet lost (100%) whenever I connect to GW2.

Worse-case scenario, I might try switching to a different ISP. Most of my guildmates play in the Philippines too and they never had connectivity issues like this. Although it’s just a hunch that certain ISPs are really the problem.

Anet just got back to me and they’re saying that the problem stems from our ISP. I’m not really too sure about it though, so I think we need a second opinion. You mentioned that your guildmates use different ISPs, what were they?

I tweeted Skycable earlier today but will also call later. Please let us know what happened after you call Skycable tech support.

I’m still having the same problems atm… It’s been 6 days since I was able to play, ugh.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Menarche.6137

Menarche.6137

I highly doubt its the ISP… its been fine for the longest time. Like i said they even came to my house to change my modem. i can download anything at top speed. Every other program that needs the net works fine. I’m sure this is a problem with Anet’s servers.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: UltraElectroMagnetic.2187

UltraElectroMagnetic.2187

From the Philippines as well here, and I also use SkyCable Broadband. For the past months, the game played smoothly with none to minimal network leg, but after around Feb 12, I’ve been experiencing very long map loading times, terrible lag spikes, and constant disconnects. The game is now unplayable for me.

I doubt this has to do with the ISP, as many people from different countries have been reporting similar cases, so unless all the ISPs of the world decided to band together to stop people from playing Guild Wars 2, this is not the fault of our ISPs.

Ultra – Guardgineer – Onyx Guard [oG]
Ehmry Bay

(edited by UltraElectroMagnetic.2187)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Decenarius.9417

Decenarius.9417

Anet just got back to me and they’re saying that the problem stems from our ISP. I’m not really too sure about it though, so I think we need a second opinion. You mentioned that your guildmates use different ISPs, what were they?

I tweeted Skycable earlier today but will also call later. Please let us know what happened after you call Skycable tech support.

I’m still having the same problems atm… It’s been 6 days since I was able to play, ugh.

Most of them are PLDT users. One of my guildmates said that maybe the problem is the HUB servers the ISP uses when it connects to GW2. Maybe the route was changed. I’m not sure which is which but seeing as this is a global issue, I’m thinking certain ISPs do need to change something on their side because Anet made some upgrades/changes/tweaks to their servers. I’m gonna contact them in a few minutes now.

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

I did the pingplotter thing and sent it to the support people. they basically told me ask your ISP…… useless. i hate how they just send you a template message.

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

Most of them are PLDT users. One of my guildmates said that maybe the problem is the HUB servers the ISP uses when it connects to GW2. Maybe the route was changed. I’m not sure which is which but seeing as this is a global issue, I’m thinking certain ISPs do need to change something on their side because Anet made some upgrades/changes/tweaks to their servers. I’m gonna contact them in a few minutes now.

What Did skycable say?

Network Lag [Merged]

Rivenweye.8930

Update:

I just emailed clubprestige@skycable.com about it and we’re still waiting for their response. For anyone who has already called Skycable, please post any info you’ve gathered so that we’ll know what to do next.

I would also advise anyone from the Philippines who is experiencing the same problem as mine to send a support ticket to Arenanet.

Network Lag [Merged]

Rivenweye.8930

Were they using PLDT Fibr or was it the normal DSL line?

Network Lag [Merged]

Decenarius.9417

What Did skycable say?

They asked me to run a few tests and I provided them with a ping plotter sample test, net stats screenshots, in-game error code screenshot, etc. I’m guessing the tech support guy really didn’t know what I was talking about so he said I provide information and screenshots so that he can give it to their IT guy. The IT guy will contact me 24-48 hours via email.

Network Lag [Merged]

Decenarius.9417

Were they using PLDT Fibr or was it the normal DSL line?

Normal DSL Line

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

What Did skycable say?

They asked me to run a few tests and I provided them with a ping plotter sample test, net stats screenshots, in-game error code screenshot, etc. I’m guessing the tech support guy really didn’t know what I was talking about so he said I provide information and screenshots so that he can give it to their IT guy. The IT guy will contact me 24-48 hours via email.

hmm i did the same thing i even asked them if there were other people with this problem. The girl said yes there have been a few. hopefully they get it working. i tried again and still get error code 7 and now even 5…

reply to me if yours gets fixed. thanks

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Exior.9186

Exior.9186

Stop ignoring this issue Anet! Just take the blame and fix this so that people affected by the “lag” and “disconnections” can enjoy this game again. Majority of the people’s Isp are working smoothly. It’s that simple so please fix it, or you may lose players from “rage quitting” because of this unbearable lag

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Since the 13th Patch became worse what started to happen to me in January:
- Lag Spikes, from nothing game stops for some seconds, delays in skills, chat, etc… And it comes back to normal.

That drives me mad because when in combat when the spike goes away, it’s all fine again.
My connection is fine during thoose times, I can’t understand what’s happening and Support only blame our side and DO NOTHING.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Network Lag [Merged]

Decenarius.9417

What Did skycable say?

hmm i did the same thing i even asked them if there were other people with this problem. The girl said yes there have been a few. hopefully they get it working. i tried again and still get error code 7 and now even 5…

Sky Broadband IT still hasn’t replied to me. Tonight,I tested GW2 on a different ISP to see ifarea is a factor on this problem. The results: Everything is smooth again. No delays and no getting disconnected from the game. I’m gonna wait for 1 more week to see if this gets fixed. Worst-case scenario is I might have to switch to a different ISP just so that I can play GW2 normally again.

Although, It’s kinda sad and wrong that people will need to switch to a different ISP just so they can play the game again.

(edited by Decenarius.9417)

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

What Did skycable say?

Sky Broadband IT still hasn’t replied to me. Tonight,I tested GW2 on a different ISP to see ifarea is a factor on this problem. The results: Everything is smooth again. No delays and no getting disconnected from the game. I’m gonna wait for 1 more week to see if this gets fixed. Worst-case scenario is I might have to switch to a different ISP just so that I can play GW2 normally again.

Although, It’s kinda sad and wrong that people will need to switch to a different ISP just so they can play the game again.

its been 2 days and i can say it has improved a lot i am able to play i shall check if it will be fine later but so far its working normally. no delay no disconnect just and very minimal lag.The lag is barely noticeable

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

It has been approximately 4 days since I’ve been experiencing incredibly high latency while playing GW2. I’ve verified multiple times that it ISN’T in fact my ISP since I’ve contacted them multiple times, checked my ping on various sites (ping was 15 MS), checked my ping with OTHER games (LoL), and done various virus scans/gimmick fixes like disabling my firewall. None of them seemed to have fixed the issue.

Guild wars 2 is currently the only application on my computer that, upon checking the resource monitor, displays a 490-500 under the Latency tab while League of Legends displays 100. Why is this happening? Please fix it…it makes playing the game extremely unenjoyable.

EDIT: I’m on DragonBrand, and I live in Ontario.

(edited by KinkyPotato.4219)

Network Lag [Merged]

Decenarius.9417

What Did skycable say?

its been 2 days and i can say it has improved a lot i am able to play i shall check if it will be fine later but so far its working normally. no delay no disconnect just and very minimal lag.The lag is barely noticeable

Sky Broadband still has lag issues last night. Did you mean today? I can’t test it right now since I’m at work. If it’s all good now, then hooray! I can’t wait to test it later when I get home. Sky Broadband IP still hasn’t contacted me. If it’s truly fixed, I guess that’s their answer? lol

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

there are still some minor lags in wvw but overall id say its 80% better then last week. been this way for the past 5 hours so hopefully its fine now

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Exior.9186

Exior.9186

there are still some minor lags in wvw but overall id say its 80% better then last week. been this way for the past 5 hours so hopefully its fine now

The lag is back…. I played smoothly yesterday, but after i logged in today the lag , stuck at loading screens and disconnections are back. I’m from the Philippines using sky broadband.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: CocainXane.7264

CocainXane.7264

Playing in italy on underworld server

Just got the game, first day i played it was awesome…. ever since then its been horrible lag, character skills and actions delay like 3-7 seconds its stupid… a friend told me its spose to do that because its a “graphically induced game” i was all wtf is that, this is defiantly lag.

So i am just playing planetside now on my 5 grand computer and its smooth as kitten… probably wont come back to this game for another week, if after that these problems still persist… i am just going to uninstall it cause this is stupid, game has apparently been having this problem for months now and its still not fixed so kitten me kitten you. Shame, the game is beautiful, but whoever is in charge of networking should be fired.

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

The lag is back…. I played smoothly yesterday, but after i logged in today the lag , stuck at loading screens and disconnections are back. I’m from the Philippines using sky broadband.

yup its back……..

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

it’s back in Thailand True too. btw, do you find the problem worse if ur in groups? sometimes, the problem subsides when my group eventually kicks me.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: iAsuno.9654

iAsuno.9654

Am I the only one in Philippines using globe that has issues?

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

was completely fine yesterday at around 12 midnight GM 8+ timezone. i could wvw huge zergs would load and wouldn’t lag or delay. now its back its fine for the first 15s then freeze then error 7

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: ninjawafflez.7531

ninjawafflez.7531

Hey, just wanna say I’ve been experiencing the same problems as apparently many other Skybroadband users here in the Philippines:
Game won’t let me in, i.e. stuck at loading screen and if it ever does, I press a few skills and nothing happens for about 15-30 seconds at which point I disconnect.

Kinda glad that my pc isn’t the problem anymore but I do hope the ISP fixes the problem soon. Annoying cos’ it had been persisting for a few days, was fine yesterday and now it’s back down.

I need my de-stressalizer back. Lol.

Network Lag [Merged]

International.7980

All you guys are using European servers rite? Most of the people in my country (Thailand) play on US servers and I don’t see them complaining. I kinda wish I could guest on US servers to confirm if there is a difference.

Network Lag [Merged]

Decenarius.9417

@Exior, Menarche,ninjawafflez:

Yeah it’s back again. I wish we knew what is really happening. An update would be nice. The IT guy that was supposed to e-mail me still hasn’t contacted me. I’m gonna wait for a few more days. If nothing happens, I’m gonna switch to a new ISP.

@iAsuno:
Don’t know any globe users but I have a friend who uses a Smart ISP connection. No lag or disconnection problems on his side.

@International:
I play on North American Server: Jade Quarry. There are also other people playing in other NA servers that are encountering this problem too.

(edited by Decenarius.9417)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

server: DragonBrand
I’m from Europe.

last weekend got strange issues: lag spikes, FPS drop to almost 0, my laptop started to overheat and made strange noise (please, stop torture me, shut this game down).
all others games worked fine, Skype got no issue as-well, nothing wrong with connection.
I got only GW2 opened, but still got it, always by spiked, after some time of playing.
Sorry, I’m very bad in computer tech, so can’t tell anything more particular.
Just wonder if anyone else got same issue and if it was fixed.
thanks

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Versus.3295

Versus.3295

Last night the lags become absolutely unbearable again, and in a bit of desperation, I dove deeper into the problem. Tests based on proximity to my wireless router have revealed that the problems all but disappear when I’m playing right up against it. The other people on my network are physically closer to it than I am, which would explain why they’re not suffering any of the issues.

Pinging my router 1000 times with 2048 byte packages has revealed that my packet loss is no greater than 4%, which is not good but within a tolerable margin for gaming purposes. I noted one spike where every other packet was lost for about 10 seconds. This may account for some of what I am experiencing, but it does not explain:

1. Why much more timing-critical games like dota2 and planetside2 handle this without issue. (granted these two don’t use draconian state updates like gw2 does, but I play a lot of action games and this is the only one I have had such severe problems with)

2. Why I was able to play gw2 without issue since beta until just two weeks ago.

Now I’m an amateur netcode engineer in real life, and the only times our packets break 1kb in size is when we toss the entire state ghost, though I can see how massive updates from WvW might occasionally hit these sizes. If only it were that simple, though, because the spikes happen even in sparsely populated instances.

In conclusion, whatever you did to the netcode in the recent maintenance updates has made it extremely intolerant to poor but not unreasonable network conditions.

EDIT: Ok, whatever you did in today’s update has made it 10x worse.

(edited by Versus.3295)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Yay, new patch new network lag…. Not a happy bunny tonight. Connection has been stable for ages now again the game crawls to the point it’s unplayable….

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

i have experienced that before too, game runs great the day before patch, now lagged to death after. then the next patch comes out and all is running smoothly again. its in some kind of cycle.

Network Lag [Merged]

Rivenweye.8930

yup its back……..

I had exactly the same experience. Was able to play GW2 Monday, but had the same problems as last week by yesterday (Tuesday). Tested it earlier and it had became more playable, but it’s still not as good as it was before February 12.

TL;DR: GW2 worked Monday night for Sky Broadband, but had problems again by Tuesday.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Feral Mouse.1072

Feral Mouse.1072

There is a similar thread in the Game Bugs section:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Constant-lag-and-inconvenient-Disconnects

Thank you for the details, everyone!

We believe we’ve identified the root cause behind this, and the good news is that it’s not related to your hardware, ISP, or account. Unfortunately, we’ve also determined that this is going to be an ongoing project on our end, so we don’t have an estimate on when it will be completely fixed.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Network Lag [Merged]

International.7980

There is a similar thread in the Game Bugs section:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Constant-lag-and-inconvenient-Disconnects

Thank you for the details, everyone!

We believe we’ve identified the root cause behind this, and the good news is that it’s not related to your hardware, ISP, or account. Unfortunately, we’ve also determined that this is going to be an ongoing project on our end, so we don’t have an estimate on when it will be completely fixed.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Thanks, at least we now know that they acknowledge it is a problem on their side. Wish they would have posted that on this forum though.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: VVl.4678

VVl.4678

No you are not….whats up with Anet…can’t they do something do we really have to change ISP to play the game again?

Network Lag [Merged]

International.7980

No you are not….whats up with Anet…can’t they do something do we really have to change ISP to play the game again?

No…changing ur ISP wouldn’t do a thing to help fix this. These problems seem to be related to their server.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Shirato.9651

Shirato.9651

Server: Seafarer’s Rest
I use a 20mbit/s 3G connection line from Telenor.

I’ve been experiencing incredible lag the past few days. Especially after the few maintenance patches. I’ve tested with using two different ISPs. My skills lag, the chat lags. For me, the game is largely unplayable the way my connection is now.

I’ve never had issues with lag (except for during headstart, obviously). My connection has always been fine to the game. And yeah, I’ve slaughtered my graphics – no improvement.

(edited by Shirato.9651)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Shirato.9651

Shirato.9651

Lag is gone, largely, but now I DC sometimes when I remap or relog.

Network Lag [Merged]

Rivenweye.8930

Still lagging, still have the same problem. This is depressing.

Network Lag [Merged]

Rivenweye.8930

For those in the Philippines having the same problem:

I tried using my phone as a personal hotspot (just as Decenarius did) via Globe Telecom and…everything went fine. I was able to play the game with no problem at all. I only sampled a few minutes of it though since there is a data cap to mobile Internet here, but surprisingly it worked!

Now I’m not really sure if this is related to the internal problem that Anet was referring to but for now this maybe a quick fix.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: DreakTusker.2583

DreakTusker.2583

there is no fix at all..i am so disappointed with the lack of direction and priority put to this

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I play most nights EST for an hour or so, and my connection has always been fine. But last night was different – horrendous lag and multiple disconnects. It was worst in Cursed Shore and less noticeable but still present in other zones. Since it was zone-dependent I think it’s probably server-side. This post is to report the issue.

All other internet and cable-related services were unaffected. Rebooting and restarting router had no effect at all.

Server: Jade Quarry.
ISP: Time Warner Cable
Machine: Dell Mobile Precision Workstation, i7 840QM quadcore, 8GB RAM, Quadro FX2800M graphics. Normally plays the game smooth as butter.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

(edited by Midnightjade.3520)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: DreakTusker.2583

DreakTusker.2583

Ever since the jan update, i experience lag and dely, both of which are foreign to me during my gw2 days prior to the patch. After the most recent patch, this problem seem to become even worse, leading to me being unabel to play.

Server: Jade Quarry

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: NOPAN.1082

NOPAN.1082

No…changing ur ISP wouldn’t do a thing to help fix this. These problems seem to be related to their server.

Yeah globe user here. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

what ever server maintenance was done the day before yesterday completely fixed it for me again. No lagging what so ever during the last two nights i’ve played. Now I have patch anxiety because I know the next update to come out will totally lag the crap out of my game again.

Oh well smoke ’em if you got ’em

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Avanni.5408

Avanni.5408

Lagging for me at the moment as of about an hour or two ago. Been playing all day fine but suddenly I started lagging and my FPS dropped considerably, after a few speedtest checks I can say that it isn’t my home network.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

The patch just went on today brought the lag back in again. Not sure how changing prices in gem store would effect connection.

Network Lag [Merged]

Decenarius.9417

It’s almost been 2 weeks now and nothing has changed. -_-