Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zoidy.2685

Zoidy.2685

It’s been almost a month and the lag issue is still a major problem not just for me but many, many, many people. The lag has gotten worst since it first started, it started off as just a irritation and now the game is basically unplayable at times. A problem that makes the game virtual unplayable for so many people should take priority over anything else. This lag problem needs to be fixed asap!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: VVl.4678

VVl.4678

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE LAST PATCH WAS FOR BAGS!!!!!-__-

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: REAL.7483

REAL.7483

I have been experiencing a weird lag since today morning.
All started in WvW, it feels like i have really high ping (delay casting skills 90% of time), but speedtest says my connection is fine and i don´t have any delay in Lions Arch or Gendarran Field or any other Explorable Area it seems. I also hag lag doing CoF run 100% of the time…

Any idea what is causing this ? Any1 else same problem? It isn´t my internet conection…

Dolyaks in Disguise [DD] ~ Seafarer’s Rest Server

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Xyngynkynyn.8741

Xyngynkynyn.8741

Also from the Philippines and I apparently have the same problem as you guys. I can’t do anything aside from moving around and enemies either stand there or repeat their animations. Travel by waypoint? Isn’t happening.

It all started Feb 12, even before the maintenance update. I’ve been playing the game fine before then and now it just is unplayable.

I already sent a support ticket about this and I’m still waiting for their reply.

For my kababayan: I’m on Skycable (Metro Manila) and I’m on Borlis Pass.

I’m using Skycable Broadband too. The lag issues also happened to me on Feb 12/Tuesday. I really wonder if certain ISPs need to upgrade/change/fix something in their side to get rid of the lag issues when connecting to Anet’s servers. Although I doubt this theory too because I have no trouble surfing the web and playing other online games.

Reinstalling the game doesn’t work too.

Same thing from the philippines same ISP skycable broadband….. they even came to change my modem please fix this so i can get back to owning everyone in wvw.

Even up to now, nothing has changed on the connectivity issues. I’m gonna call Sky Broadband’s Tech Support and see if they changed something on their side this week. I find it weird that there’s a sudden ip packet lost (100%) whenever I connect to GW2.

Worse-case scenario, I might try switching to a different ISP. Most of my guildmates play in the Philippines too and they never had connectivity issues like this. Although it’s just a hunch that certain ISPs are really the problem.

I’m also from the Philippines, use SkyBroadband and have been having connection issues since around Feb 12. Before that, my connection has been solid ever since launch. I sincerely doubt that our ISP is at fault here considering others all over the world have been having the same issue since roughly the same time (i.e. last scheduled maintenance of ANet that took down the servers for about 4 hours). It’s most likely imho, that whatever it is they did there caused this and I sincerely hope ANet is taking a look in that area.

Please fix this ANet because this game is unplayable as it currently is for us.

I just forced myself to do dungeons today, despite the lag, in order to meet the monthly achievement requirements. It was a completely appalling experience. I froze twice at 2 crucial points when the team was depending on everyone’s participation. I had to bail after the second time after apologizing to the team because I knew I was nothing but a liability at that point. There’s no way I can meet the monthly achievements now.

Whatever changes ANet made at Feb 12 really upset me. The connection between my ISP (SkyBroadband in the Philippines) and their servers is no longer optimal and no one has a clue as to where the fix/adjustments should happen. I am disheartened and am losing my fondness for this game.

ANet, please prioritize this issue.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

I am getting major lag spikes, and disconnects when logging in ever since Friday morning. My computer on startup has been making noises for the last week (very faint) but that isn’t it because it just started Friday morning, when I patched.
Rendering anything big scale almost useless and unplayable as I freeze and then go every 20 seconds

Help

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: popandog.2487

popandog.2487

Also from the Philippines and I apparently have the same problem as you guys. I can’t do anything aside from moving around and enemies either stand there or repeat their animations. Travel by waypoint? Isn’t happening.

It all started Feb 12, even before the maintenance update. I’ve been playing the game fine before then and now it just is unplayable.

I already sent a support ticket about this and I’m still waiting for their reply.

I’m using Skycable Broadband too. The lag issues also happened to me on Feb 12/Tuesday. I really wonder if certain ISPs need to upgrade/change/fix something in their side to get rid of the lag issues when connecting to Anet’s servers. Although I doubt this theory too because I have no trouble surfing the web and playing other online games.

Same thing from the philippines same ISP skycable broadband….. they even came to change my modem please fix this so i can get back to owning everyone in wvw.

Even up to now, nothing has changed on the connectivity issues. I’m gonna call Sky Broadband’s Tech Support and see if they changed something on their side this week. I find it weird that there’s a sudden ip packet lost (100%) whenever I connect to GW2.

Worse-case scenario, I might try switching to a different ISP. Most of my guildmates play in the Philippines too and they never had connectivity issues like this. Although it’s just a hunch that certain ISPs are really the problem.

I’m also from the Philippines, use SkyBroadband and have been having connection issues since around Feb 12. Before that, my connection has been solid ever since launch. I sincerely doubt that our ISP is at fault here considering others all over the world have been having the same issue since roughly the same time (i.e. last scheduled maintenance of ANet that took down the servers for about 4 hours). It’s most likely imho, that whatever it is they did there caused this and I sincerely hope ANet is taking a look in that area.

I just forced myself to do dungeons today, despite the lag, in order to meet the monthly achievement requirements. It was a completely appalling experience. I froze twice at 2 crucial points when the team was depending on everyone’s participation. I had to bail after the second time after apologizing to the team because I knew I was nothing but a liability at that point. There’s no way I can meet the monthly achievements now.

Whatever changes ANet made at Feb 12 really upset me. The connection between my ISP (SkyBroadband in the Philippines) and their servers is no longer optimal and no one has a clue as to where the fix/adjustments should happen. I am disheartened and am losing my fondness for this game.

I filed a ticket and Anet blamed it on my ISP which is Skybroadband (Philippines). Game has become unplayable since February 12. Disconnects and lags galore, whatever time I tried. Now I know that I am not alone with this problem.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Q Summoner.6824

Q Summoner.6824

This is really annoying, ever since last month i been getting major lag spikes, before that i only lag in wvw, now its everywhere, i just did a event in curse. Out of all the mobs i only manage to get drop from 1 mob, because of the lag. Also cof p1 speed lag at the rolling rocks (and im a mesmer), so needless to said im pretty much useless in cof because of this.

Im thinking about getting a new pc, or just stop playin gw2 altogether, but it was perfectly fine until to last month… what is goin on!!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

I filed a ticket and Anet blamed it on my ISP which is Skybroadband (Philippines). Game has become unplayable since February 12. Disconnects and lags galore, whatever time I tried. Now I know that I am not alone with this problem.

I just got this issue literally a few minutes ago. I’m on Smart Broadband. Game is totally unplayable.

Tarnished Coast WvW

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: NOPAN.1082

NOPAN.1082

Is there any good ISP still good to play gw2 here in the Philippines?
Im using globe and my latency has been pretty horrendous.
Can anyone suggest me which isp has the least problems here?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Noktern.1395

Noktern.1395

seems like everyone experiencing this bad lag in recent few days. I tried win+r to ping gw2 server and i got 200-300~ms , but in game i find it different, the lag is unbearable. Then i try to browse some sites and they are able to load flawlessly , so it supposed to be server lag instead of my connection. please ANet , consider this problem. I really can do nothing with this lag, no dungeons, no wvw , not even map completition!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Menarche.6137

Menarche.6137

i guess all that is left for us filipinos is PLDT. I called Sky 2 days ago and they said that they are waiting for the people in charge of updating their ports. I Sent them tests and its been over 2 weeks. still nothing. Though Anet Admitted that the problem is on their side…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: iAsuno.9654

iAsuno.9654

the game is nearly unplayable for me. daily dodging is a big pain!! globe user in the Philippines. it’s been MUCH worse this time.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Decenarius.9417

Decenarius.9417

We all know it sucks that we can’t play even up to now. This network lag issue is huge since it still exists. I’m sure everyone is running out of patience but let’s just give it more time and hope that it can be fully fixed.

For the record, I missed about 2 weeks of daily rewards. I could have gotten one char of mine to lvl 80 too among other things. So yeah that feeling of a lot of wasted game time is tough but let’s just hang in there.

Also yeah PLDT seems to be the only good option right now when it comes to having a reliable connection to GW2. I’ll wait until the end of the month. If nothing happens, then it’s time to change my ISP.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: popandog.2487

popandog.2487

They say it’s because of my ISP. It’s not! Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 runs fine! Something changed during the server maintenance last February 12. Game has been unplayable after that.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Thew.7032

Thew.7032

Same issue for me, its unplayeble, lag in mostly locations and dungens (around 5-30 sec). It was fine 3 days ago but now it getting worse and worse. Its really shame for such a good game

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Nadakuu.6827

Nadakuu.6827

it has been going on for over a month now, your servers can not sustain a connection during peak hours of play.
between 7pm – 12am the server is extremely laggy.

using win+r , the ping shows upwards to 1000+
though in game my skills could be flashing for 2 minutes, while chat still goes through with a 5second-30 second delay.

issues with 64.25.38.172 – 120-290 ping
64.25.38.122 200-300 ping
and mainly…
64.25.40.188 300-1500+ping.

why are your servers so bad. what kind of spaghetti code have you done for networking.

Please have someone competent look after this section of code, as it has been going on for far too long.

(edited by Nadakuu.6827)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: ClaireKateRaymund.9064

ClaireKateRaymund.9064

Oh, we’re using PLDT. Started playing around 2am PHT (Feb 23, Saturday), did some runs and AC with my guildies – there was a significant lag, but I could still – although poorly – play. Reset was at 8am PHT, and when I went to Borderlands with my guild, lo and behold – I got DCed within minutes. Logged in, and the game loaded for almost 5 minutes, and when the map loaded the lag was absolutely astonishing to the point that the entire bloody Kryta was desolate of living creatures but me, or it would appear that every single character in the map was lag – but me; both equally irritating. I never really minded the 1-2 second lag I normally get around high/full areas as I’ve learned how to time my play (even jumping puzzles) with it. But this is just beyond ridiculous. Can we, at the very least, be granted the mercy to request any form of update regarding this, as we are, evidently, yet to see such? Please?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

I’ve been having horrible lag these last few days ! Started out on Friday night/Saturday morning and is still kicking in, constantly. Feels like i have 2.000~5.000 ms, which to me, is unplayeable Did any maintance or anything happen ?

Must add that my internet is normal and i never really had lag issues with GW2.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Rival.9680

Rival.9680

Yep, Ever since yesterday afternoon i’ve been constantly lagging and getting delay’s basically everywhere, it’s frequent but on and off, every 15-20 second’s I lag for a few second’s. Nothing on my end that I can find that would be doing anything not to mention the fact that this has just started happening and I have an 80 and a few alt’s, Never had consistent lag like this before.

- On darkhaven for the record.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: snapshot.5017

snapshot.5017

ive been having horrible lag aswell nearly 20 dayes now and still no changes…… played for over 4 month with no lag what so ever, what is going on?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: horaxx.9728

horaxx.9728

Is there even a point to post here? its been a while since i got this horrible lag (dat reset) and still no change.
Do you guys know what the problem is? maybe a “working on it” wouldnt make ppl quit the game in come back in a few months (as it has happened before for several reasons) cause you know…. you are losing money

fix it

kk thx

“How do you kill that which has no life?”

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: cmerc.2081

cmerc.2081

After a few days of no lag, it’s back again. Hurray…always seems to happen during the peak hours right after daily reset happens.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: GreenIcey.2456

GreenIcey.2456

For a day or two now the game will start lagging badly randomly, to the point where I can’t do anything for about 10 seconds. After that it’ll either disconnect me or it’ll pick back up again. I know that my connection is fine though.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Mashable.5403

Mashable.5403

Will this issue be dealt with? It’s getting so hard to play with all the lag.

War does not determine who is right – only who is left. — Bertrand Russell

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Isenheart.4297

Isenheart.4297

I am yet another Skycable user from the Philippines who has been utterly frustrated by the lag issue since the Feb.12 patch.

Logging on takes forever and once in-game skills trigger no animations and the game is literally unplayable. Most of my guildmates have been totally discouraged and have given up on playing GW2 ever since. I really hope Anet resolves this issue soon before our guild loses all its members to other games.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

I do hope someone from arenanet aswers this question, becouse i think its an issue with the internet connection between the US and Europe.

All my speed tests around europe are OK. (from UK)
When ever i do a speed test to anywhere in the US the results are kitten, I get faster speeds on my phone.

So the question is:

Are there any plans to get Servers based in Europe?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Avengersoul.8256

Avengersoul.8256

Just started getting this, can’t stay in the game longer than maybe 2 seconds. It was after the 2nd small patch today. And then it was a long while after that patch. Didn’t lag before hand and my connection is working as normal. It just boots me to my character select screen, upon getting on another character it almost instantly boots me back out.

Yak’s Bend

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Just started getting this, can’t stay in the game longer than maybe 2 seconds. It was after the 2nd small patch today. And then it was a long while after that patch. Didn’t lag before hand and my connection is working as normal. It just boots me to my character select screen, upon getting on another character it almost instantly boots me back out.

Same here I keep disconnecting every few seconds in Lion’s Arch. Exact same problem.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Kuro.2845

Kuro.2845

Me too im using Skybroadband here in PH and I suffer in extreme lag and DC for 1 MONTH!….game is totally unplayable

Network Lag [Merged]

Decenarius.9417

New patch has arrived! Sadly, I think it has become worse. Before, I could get in-game then get disconnected after 1-2 mins lol. Now it would be just stuck at loading screen and then the error dc message kicks in. When will this network lag be ever fixed? =(

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

Its pointless posting… Anet will not look at this they are too busy making money from other people. they wanna over sell which leads to having server traffic. greedy

Network Lag [Merged]

Decenarius.9417

I tried using Battle Ping as someone suggested in one thread and the problem was gone. I can finally play again. The lag and disconnection issues are gone. While this may seem like a good temporary solution for now, I’m still hoping that Anet will fix their servers to the point that we don’t need to use these programs just to play the game.

(edited by Decenarius.9417)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: BelowAverage.8349

BelowAverage.8349

Mine got fixed, idk if it was the patch/my isp/arenanet or me deleteing my local.dat folder but no lag at all and havent dced in 2 days when it was constant before

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

I tried using Battle Ping as someone suggested in one thread and the problem was gone. I can finally play again. The lag and disconnection issues are gone. While this may seem like a good temporary solution for now, I’m still hoping that Anet will fix their servers to the point that we don’t need to use these programs just to play the game.

How would using a proxy connection fix something broken on AN’s server? It wouldn’t but you might want to check with AN if connecting to their game server via proxy is even allowed.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

My question is why they’re using IPv4 when IPv6 is available?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Arty.4270

Arty.4270

Hi, I am experiencing solid lagging past two weeks. It started out of the blue, in some maps and dungeons. I have a solid (40 mbit) connection with no packet loss and I tried clean win7 instal with clean GW2 download. Still my laggs (mainly in Caledon Forest and close maps and in Ascalon Catacombs) are incredible. I stand “nearly disconnected” for more then 10-15s then I “retain” the connection (while I keep being logged in the game) and in few seconds, it happens again. Doesnt matter what are is my graphics settings. On the lowest with topped fps or with high with 40 fps. Doesnt matter if there is 80 people in the map near me or two friends.

I assume… this is not my problem, or am I missing something? Thanks for any sort of reply, Tech support.

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

Okay so ive got some fairly good news to all the skycable users. They told me to run my net direct from the modem to the pc. They have updated their ports apparently. i was able to play 20-30 mins perfectly even in wvw but then i get disconnected. still better than not being able to move right? another thing i tried was that battleping and yes it does work though i only tried the free trial and you get disconnected every 20 mins. the monthly fee is only 250 php so its worth it. i still haven’t tried using battleping while using my router so i’ll see how it goes.

Network Lag [Merged]

Menarche.6137

battleping didn’t help my problem with my wifi router.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

As of today I seem to have run into a major lag issue. Skills are not executing and i am rubberbanding all over the place. I have not been DC’d.

Any advice?

System:
I5 2500k OC’d @ 4.5GHZ
Asus GTX 580
8GB ram
256 GB Crucial M4 SSD – Game drive
128 GB Intel 510 SSD – OS drive

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Clexzor.6351

Clexzor.6351

Have any of you tried Disabling your os’s Net. throttling? This is a huge fix for most of what yall describe? That coupled with leatrix fix/tcp optimizer should help alot of you out. Both of those are 2 sec registry tweaks google…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Isenheart.4297

Isenheart.4297

I am yet another Skycable user from the Philippines who has been utterly frustrated by the lag issue since the Feb.12 patch.

Logging on takes forever and once in-game skills trigger no animations and the game is literally unplayable. Most of my guildmates have been totally discouraged and have given up on playing GW2 ever since. I really hope Anet resolves this issue soon before our guild loses all its members to other games.

Any devs taking notice of this issue yet?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Hlafson.6517

Hlafson.6517

The game is unplayable for me for about a week due to horrible lags and DCs. No changes in my system, connection settings or something. I tested my connection and two other MMOs. Everything seems fine. I googled some “GW2 lag fixes” but they didnt help.

I am watching this thread – it will be nice if I can play again.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

Abbadons mouth is lagging as hell.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Gandara is unplayable, takes 3 min to load any map.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: terminatorkobold.6031

terminatorkobold.6031

Same problem in Farshiverpeaks,

It started this evening, was fine yesterday and earlyer days.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Trafalgar.5247

Trafalgar.5247

The problem is back…….

After a certain hour, for some players, the game becomes unplayable…

Fix it one more time Anet…. pls!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Herz.5821

Herz.5821

Lagging like crazy since 18:00 today, had a few spikes since the patch came out but nothing like today, just totally unplayable and annoying…

Desolation EU.

Zalman Z11 Plus | Intel Core i5 3570k | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | Thermalright True Spirit 140 |
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 G.Skill Ares | Asus HD7870 DCUII V2 @ 1150/1350 Mhz |
1TB Sata III Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

(edited by Herz.5821)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Galdamir.4026

Galdamir.4026

Playing on Gandara, Frostgorge when I logged in was incredibly laggy, moved to Cursed Shore which was ok, went to Malchors leap which was laggy, then ported to Frostgorge and now my char is stuck in a loading screen. Was working fine yesterday for me. The game is just unplayable in this state.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Vatras.2806

Vatras.2806

GJ ANet. 3 of my chars are stuck in LA because of an neverending loading screen. At first, only my personal story instances were laggy, now I cant log in. Go and restart your servers… I still have to lvl up my guardian…

Seafarer’s Rest EU

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MojitoJoe.5964

MojitoJoe.5964

Deutsche Telekom and Dzagonur-Server – unplayable (even worse than last year).
I paused since November last year due to heavy lag problems. At that time these problems got related to telekom-users in germany – do these telekom-problems have been fixed meanwhile and is it just bad luck that only TODAY it seems even worse than before OR were these telekom-GW2-Lag-problems never fixed and still persists or maybe got worse?