06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

@Seed – as long as im fighting and killing players and not mobs its pvp.

On a PvP Environment, yes it is PvP. Glad we can agree on something.

The difference between pvp armor/skills and the ones we use in wvw its minimal.

Unfortuanely you can not use PvP-skills and PvP-Armor on PvE. That´s why there is a PvP modus and a PvE modus and WvW is PvE.

Pvp also has objectives so your argument is sadly flawed.

Yes, PvP, has objectives which have nothing to do with WvW objectives.

WvW is basically pvp on a larger scale, with more diverse objectives.

WvW is simple large scale fights on a PvE environment, with PvE skills, PvE Armor and buff food. The objectives primarerly are to take Keeps, Towers, Suplly-Camps etc.

Just because you play the game as player versus door,

It´s not our fault, that you choose to abandon your keeps and towers, when our big group is coming.

and choose to blob up when you get killed doesnt make it pve.

No, it´s called teamplay. Whether it´s on PvP Environment or PvE, like WvW is.

Regards

Seed

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Viking.1285

Viking.1285

Hahaha the first thing I thought this mornging after I logged in and checked the WvW window was like “oh boy there will be lots of whines and flames again”.

And just the opening post proved me right.

Too tired to read more or play today after 2 days of festival…

[LNS]Lina Invers
Elementalmage
Legion Night Stalker – We stalk the Night

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: street.2176

street.2176

The Reputation of AM is only bad because of a handful of INT Servers complaining about how they play the Game. Also those said INT Servers also do BLOB often, making excuses like “because we have to” – well, I thought theres no pride in that for you?
Think theres pride for AM in getting Steamrolled from a 20 Player Guild Group while they are 20 Randoms, some even upleveled?

It all comes down to one thing:
We all just want Lootbags.
And you INT Servers dont get enough Lootbags fighting AM/RS/VS/ER etc. but are instead turned into Lootbags yourself. Thats why you’re mad spamming the forums with “blob blob blob no pride skillag i died”.

Also a funny thing with those “bad Blob Servers” is that they get attacked from the other 2 Servers more often than they attack each other and still manage to make more or around the same amount of Points as they do.
Servers with a bad reputation get attacked more often and still make their kills/points.
You can talk all you want about AM or other Blob Servers needing double as much Players, they are getting focused from 2 Servers normally.
“Sometimes you just have to blob” eh?

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Emixam.6834

Emixam.6834

Yes, thats why they introduced defensive siege equipment. Do not underestimate the damage that a good positioned Balistas or Arrow Carts can inflict on zergs. Especially on a choke-point.

Thing is, you can’t kill an 80 man zerg on a choke point if they rush you. Not mentioning that you probably wont be able to use any skills on AC.

We blob, because we outnumber you. The funny thing, is that we are a medium server and you are a high server. The difference between us is that encourage new players to play WvW, and we do not have an elitist attitude.

Ironic. So are you implying that you actually spread out when fought against a server with higher numbers ? I don’t think so, you don’t how to (most of you, not talking about rare guild groups).

Actually, we do playing WvW as it supposed to be played, by taking Keeps, Towers, Supply-Camps etc. it´s that simple.

In the same logic I could say that I play gw2 as it supposed to be – by pressing keys and mouse buttons.

I am not arguing I want you to spread cause there’s enough people doing this already. But don’t pretend that you are playing as the game should be played.

Farshiverpeaks [SOUL]
One of the Leaders

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Seed.5467

Okay, didn’t you just read what the guy posted? Those were the official words, of the game developer.

He was simply saying, that zerg is an important part of the game, but it should not be the only strategy. Then he states the difference between Guild-Groups with TS(organised group of players) and random players as a group(less-skilled). And the goal is to encourage small tactical groups by giving them the necessary tools to put a dent into larger groups(less-skilled). In other words when you are facing a server which outnumbers you, your best chance is to make many small-tactical groups(organised group of players) and to attack on multiple sides.

So yes, i did actually read it.

But your attitude is just ignorant, and very arrogant.

No need to go personal friend, you do not even know me.

Regards

Seed

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: street.2176

street.2176

Yes lets remove the AoE Cap from Skills, delete all our Characters and only play Staff Ele in WvW from now on. F1 – 5 F4 – 5 and see who dies first.

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: TempzCr.6427

TempzCr.6427

No need to go personal friend, you do not even know me.

You are completely right. I do not know you. Which is why i’m merely stating what i’m seeing from your posting, that they come off as very arrogant. I’m only saying how i think you are presenting yourself on this forum. Nothing personal in that in my opinion.

Regards

Tempz

Tempz Warr – Warrior [Aurora Glade]
Third Legio – [III]

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Seed.5467

Thing is, you can’t kill an 80 man zerg on a choke point if they rush you. Not mentioning that you probably wont be able to use any skills on AC.

To 80% you can. For example, let´s say you have 20 man(Guild-Group with TS) and facing 80(unorganised less-skilled). You have them at a choke point and a well placed balistas or Arrow carts. At best you will decimate the 80 man force to 40. In the meantime you other small tactical groups, are gaining the time needed to capture a tower. You might lose a battle but you can win the war.

Ironic. So are you implying that you actually spread out when fought against a server with higher numbers ?

The irony, is that a high populated server have hard time from a medium populated server.

I don’t think so, you don’t how to (most of you, not talking about rare guild groups).

Every server has it´s tactics to cope with servers with high numbers.

I am not arguing I want you to spread cause there’s enough people doing this already. But don’t pretend that you are playing as the game should be played.

No, you are trying to tell us , how you think we should play a game.

Regards

Seed

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Seed.5467

You are completely right. I do not know you. Which is why i’m merely stating what i’m seeing from your posting, that they come off as very arrogant. I’m only saying how i think you are presenting yourself on this forum. Nothing personal in that in my opinion.

Regards

Tempz

Maybe it´s my wording of the English language, since it´s not my mother language. Also, i am not sugarcoating words to sound better on a public forum. And do not worry friend, i am not taking it personal.

Regards

Seed

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

And you INT Servers dont get enough Lootbags fighting AM/RS/VS/ER etc. but are instead turned into Lootbags yourself.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but AM is dropping lootbags all over the place. I dont care if i die t oa group, but i do care when a group is so large that my skills dont even trigger.

@Seed – wvw is pvp, you cant tell me that if you use food buffs you`re considering its pve.
They copied it from Warhammer which in turn took it from DAoC.
Warhammer had the same – spvp/tpvp (called scenarios or battlegrounds there) and wvw (which was called realm vs realm). All of them were considered pvp.
The wvw you are playing today is not a new concept and its been around for ages.
It was always considered a form of pvp.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

The issue I have with most german servers is that basically every keep/tower is camped by 4-10 random upscaled manning an AC, even though our zerg might not be nearby or even present on the borderland.
There is just no way people would camp a tower for 1-2 hours with only a few solo roamers passing by every now and then, so I have no idea how you get people to do that. Are you paying random people from LA?

I’ve tried contacting some of them to find out what motivates them, and it seems I keep getting the same answer along the lines of:
“We are germans. War is our life”
Which imo is just ridiculous.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Well most of them are people who can’t play fully active at that moment. So they’re eating/chatting/whatever and watch for attacks while they do that. ANd yeah some of them are just hardcore and do it cause they like to defend a certain tower(one ouf our players really likes NE-tower for example and is famous for defending it).

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Emixam.6834

Emixam.6834

No, you are trying to tell us , how you think we should play a game.

No. Learn to read. I am telling you how the game has been designed to be played.

Farshiverpeaks [SOUL]
One of the Leaders

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Seed.5467

@Seed – wvw is pvp, you cant tell me that if you use food buffs you`re considering its pve.

The thing that i am trying to tell you is that GW has PvE and PvP. The open world and WvW is PvE. PvP is not about armor or buff food, it´s about skill, tactic, and teamplay. I do not know if you ever played GW1 to understand what i am telling you. That same system was taken to GW 2 also.

What you are talking as PvP from my perspective, is nothing more than small scale fights in a PvE environment. Where whoever is max level, max armor-stats, max weapon stats wins. Also, many skills, are different in PvE than in PvP.

Regards

Seed

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Seed.5467

No. Learn to read.

Thank you. I am promising to go to school and learn how to read.

I am telling you how the game has been designed to be played.

So, taking Keeps, Towers, Supply-camps, are not part of the design ? Maybe we are playing different games then.

Regards

Seed

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

One thing the germans have going for them is that they are properly organised.

I cannot see every AG player on a BL running as one zerg, and even the ones you would get would refuse to push when faced with an even sized enemy group, forget double or triple numbers, I seen our pugs run a mile and a half from such fights!

So that’s one thing our server needs to learn, and that more cooperation.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Kaleygh.1524

The thing that i am trying to tell you is that GW has PvE and PvP. The open world and WvW is PvE. PvP is not about armor or buff food, it´s about skill, tactic, and teamplay.

WvW has plenty of skill, tactic and teamplay. Get out of your blob more often and you will find out.
Calling wvw pve is just idiotic.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: el matadore.3852

el matadore.3852

No. Learn to read.

Thank you. I am promising to go to school and learn how to read.

I am telling you how the game has been designed to be played.

So, taking Keeps, Towers, Supply-camps, are not part of the design ? Maybe we are playing different games then.

Regards

Seed

You know that the game isn’t designed for big fights where your blob faces or zerg, as you can see by the skill lag. running around in such a big group is definitly not part of the game design.

Also I want to say that it was nice to see AM split into 2 zergs this morning at eb.

Far Shiverpeaks-De rode ridder
Dragons In Exile[DIE]- get lucky[Punk]

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

The thing that i am trying to tell you is that GW has PvE and PvP. The open world and WvW is PvE. PvP is not about armor or buff food, it´s about skill, tactic, and teamplay. I do not know if you ever played GW1 to understand what i am telling you. That same system was taken to GW 2 also.

What you are talking as PvP from my perspective, is nothing more than small scale fights in a PvE environment. Where whoever is max level, max armor-stats, max weapon stats wins. Also, many skills, are different in PvE than in PvP.

Regards

Seed

WvW isn’t PvP? You just come off the Banana boat or something?

Im assuming you class your self as a Player? and if i can imagine this correctly your actually fight other players in WvW? which in sense would make it Player vs Player abbreviated as PvP.

Did I just get this right? or has Seed just convinced me that I dont actually fight other players in WvW? and all these people on this forum i play against are actually NPC’s?

kitten that’s a big shock to my system.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Kaleygh.1524

Seed – check this out man
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World
“World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists.”
enjoy

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Seed.5467

A dramatic entrance for sure.

Im assuming you class your self as a Player? and if i can imagine this correctly your actually fight other players in WvW? which in sense would make it Player vs Player abbreviated as PvP.
Did I just get this right? or has Seed just convinced me that I dont actually fight other players in WvW? and all these people on this forum i play against are actually NPC’s?

Well, thank you for the explanation of the terminology on PvP. The difference is that you are talking PvP with PvE equipment and stats. I am talking of PvP with PvP equipment and stats. I do not recall that players can use PvP equipment on WvW. Ergo WvW is PvE. Well, maybe PvPvE. Once you unsterstand that difference, of what i am saying, we can continue our conversation.

Yes, i suppose it will be once you are understand the difference.

Regards

Seed

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Seed, in this game it’s sPvP or tPvP…. just a heads up

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Seed.5467

Seed, in this game it’s sPvP or tPvP…. just a heads up

Thank you. I know this modus well. I hope they introduce GvG as was in GW1 at some point.That is a PvP modus with PvP equipment and skills, where Guilds where fighting each other.

GvG

Guild versus Guild, also known as GvG or Guild Battle, is a strategic form of PvP which matches two teams of eight players from different guilds against each other in the Guild Halls. The core objective of the combat is to kill the opposition’s NPC Guild Lord before the opposition does the same to your Guild Lord.

Each team must have a minimum of two members of the guild, at least one of which is a officer. The remaining players on the team may either be members of that guild, guests from another guild, alliance members, or up to four henchmen (heroes are restricted from entering GvG matches as of October 29, 2009).

GvG competition can be played as either ladder based play or as part of automated tournaments. GvG can also be played as an unrated scrimmage. GvG combat for top 100 rated teams, tournament battles and the last GvG for the Guild can be watched in observer mode with 15 minutes delay.

Regards

Seed

(edited by Seed.5467)

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

If corpse wouldn’t despawn nobody could walk through our garrison now. Nice fight AG very nice! Don’t know if it will survive the night but it certainly is quite a tough keep!

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: VoragoUmbra.6187

VoragoUmbra.6187

Was another great night in AM Borderland. Had some good fights against the collaboration of Guilds. Was a fun long siege on your garrison but it seems the one choke against the Arrow carts were to much. Seems a few of the changes we have made are helping however against AM and hope to test it out some more throughout the week.

See ya then!

[TUP] bad player.

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: DavidTurner.3095

DavidTurner.3095

Had a few good fights today on the AG borderlands. We might not have the numbers some of us would like but, with solid leadership, we can do a pretty good job of taking your groups apart. Though I’ve probably picked a really bad week to try leveling my thief up in the WvW arena.

Abbadon folks, going up against you is really difficult, partially due to the numbers, and largely due to the lag that comes with some of your larger groups. It’s a lot like a three-way fight for SM, it can become painful (rather than fun) when your mouse clicks and button presses no longer do anything. It’s also highlighted the importance of alternative strategies on the field.

So thank you for forcing us to up our game in order to combat you. And curse you for the skill lag (not really your fault but when you die because of it enough you need someone to point fingers at).

With regards to some of the comments on server populations, it doesn’t really matter a great deal, from where I’m sitting, which world has the larger playerbase, and that doesn’t show the interest in WvW at all. A high population (like we have here on AG) doesn’t really matter if our players are more interested in PvE, it’s all a matter of preference.

Kaaleb Daarke – Missing his proper name…
Dragon United Knights [DUK] – Aurora Glade

(edited by DavidTurner.3095)

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: TempzCr.6427

TempzCr.6427

TUP were awesome. I think i followed you around the entire raid. You guys are real good. During the siege, AM pretty much had nothing in the borderland, FS had claimed it all, since AM needed every man to protect it. Great night, that was really fun.

You TUP are really beasts, even outmanned you guys charge head on into the zerg, and manage to kill them off. I am really impressed, i heard talk, but now i saw it firsthand. kitten was epic, definately gonna tag along next time again if i stumble onto you guys :b

Tempz Warr – Warrior [Aurora Glade]
Third Legio – [III]

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krato.4729

Krato.4729

But im fairly certain our 25 can and will wipe your 75-100 man groups many time before the week is over.

Dreams come true, but not yours.

I’ll admit that our guild raid was a few higher than 25 tonight, but we certainly provided the AM conglomeration on their home borderlands some stiff opposition tonight and we hope fun was had by all. Couldn’t quite get that T3 garrison down, but seeing the enemy zone holed up with that much siege and everything else turned to wood points towards a successful evening for [TUP] and AG.

Thanks for the challenging fights, looking forward to more of the same during the week.

Kratoon – TUP Officer/Warband Leader

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Epic night in AM border, was nice to see that some of Fame guys they we’re running alone.
Ac made us melee the gates multiple time, was hard but fun with all the damage.
For garrison i never saw that much siege, i think i counted a total of 12 Ac in total in inner maybe more, when that inner gate got open it was like a dream come true.
When Am pushed on treb was very fun, so much loot.
Ty Am for the fun night and Ty for the dragon ticket, i hope you got some from us also.

See you in the future.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Oh hi there respective aurora glade competitors

Attachments:

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sequoia Mint.4803

Sequoia Mint.4803

But im fairly certain our 25 can and will wipe your 75-100 man groups many time before the week is over.

Dreams come true, but not yours.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Same to you too

Kinda seems like tonight my dream did come true. Big Ole Blob getting Smushed Cheers All.

TUP is still looking for a friendly 20 v 20 for Tuesday

In Tup We Trust
Da Bird

The Big Bird
Chosen Alliance CA
Nameless Veterans NV

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: DominicB.4821

DominicB.4821

If any guilds from AM or FSP would like small 2v2 – 5v5’s against the AG guild [team], whisper me, dóm and we can arange something. Good fights against an AM guild this evening, who’s names i cant remember
also [TDS], the dueling guild is happy to accept anyone wanting some duels, whisper me, dóm or hawnsk and we will send one
Gl hf

Rizadom

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uttar.2341

Uttar.2341

The population of AM is middle, the one of FSP is high and the one of AG even very high.

I won’t be able to play GW2 again for a while but I just wanted to get rid of this extremely false idea.

Server population in GW2 is calculated (partially?) based on the number of accounts on the server. That tells you nothing about the actual activity of those players on the server. My website (http://gw2state.com) internally keeps track of how many events have been completed on every map/server which is a better (even if still imperfect) measure of PvE population.

Data for 22nd and 23rd of June on Cursed Shore:
313/374 for AM
333/344 for AG
292/298 for FSP
72/120 for Vabbi

It varies significantly per-map but as far as I can tell AM is definitely ahead overall. So it doesn’t matter that AM is a “medium” server and FSP is “Very High” – you still have a higher PvE population than FSP/AG. It seems like it’s not as big a gap as WvW population but I just wanted to make the record straight.

(edited by Uttar.2341)

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Simerja.4813

Simerja.4813

yesterday we (AM) were bloobed from them (FSP) so extremly hard, i was forced to make that crying post.

we (AM) was terrible outnumberd at least at 1:3 vs them (FSP). We (AM) run out of the garni on our homelands and did not notice the enormous blob from them (FSP). we (AM) gave our very best, but then the 3 fsp (3FSP) killed me (1AM)

STOP that BLOBBING FSP and LEARN TO PLAY

(:P)

(edited by Simerja.4813)

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Questular.8359

Questular.8359

Had some fun fights yesterday. So far i enjoy this weeks match-up, let’s hope this continues for the rest of the week

Necro KALE guild
FSP Server.

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

yesterday we (AM) were bloobed from them (FSP) so extremly hard, i was forced to make that crying post.

we (AM) was terrible outnumberd at least at 1:3 vs them (FSP). We (AM) run out of the garni on our homelands and did not notice the enormous blob from them (FSP). we (AM) gave our very best, but then the 3 fsp (3FSP) killed me (1AM)

AM outnumbered?, mother of god, that is genuinly the first time I have seen this happen, btw, you did the exact same thing to us (AG) yesterday in our borderlands, you would not even let us have a single tower, you outnumbered us 5 to 1 -.-

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maartac.9457

Maartac.9457

The Thing with the Skill Delays. I had huge Problems with that in the past. Uninstall the whole Game… Get the New Client and install the Game again.
That helped me alot.

-Necro-Thief-Warrior-Guardian-
http://de.twitch.tv/maartac

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Simerja.4813

i guess silent shino didn´t find the sarcasm blobbing out of my thread.^^

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rincewind.8091

Rincewind.8091

AM outnumbered?, mother of god, that is genuinly the first time I have seen this happen, btw, you did the exact same thing to us (AG) yesterday in our borderlands, you would not even let us have a single tower, you outnumbered us 5 to 1 -.-

And the “Sheldon Cooper-price” for not geting sarcasm gooooes to…

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malismo.3287

Malismo.3287

Forget about “Skill Lag” for a second, we all know it exists and we all have experienced it. We are actually upping our game blob busting with skill lag, so I just wanted to thank AM for the loot bags from 13:00 till 22:00. Your Blobs really, really suck, keep looking forward nothing happening in the back, here be dragons :P. By the end of the week you will be feeling sore. We will take you apart piece by piece. 15-20 vs 60+? Bring it on, I don’t mind dying, I get better from it. Do you get better from what you do? Guess you don’t want to huh? To quote a well known player on our server “It’s fine!”. Keep playing as you do and we will do the same. May we all have fun, although I still don’t comprehend how this can be enjoyable to you AM guys.

Alysfa/Ms Alysfa/Mistress Alysfa
15,000 WvW Kills
[FSV]

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malismo.3287

Malismo.3287

In addition: I had a great time yesterday from 13:00 – 22:00, thanks to all parties and servers involved. Epic fights at a certain North Camp as well as between inner and outer Bay, heavily outmanned, skill lagged, but kitten awesome!

Alysfa/Ms Alysfa/Mistress Alysfa
15,000 WvW Kills
[FSV]

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malkithe.2084

Malkithe.2084

A dramatic entrance for sure.

Well, thank you for the explanation of the terminology on PvP. The difference is that you are talking PvP with PvE equipment and stats. I am talking of PvP with PvP equipment and stats. I do not recall that players can use PvP equipment on WvW. Ergo WvW is PvE. Well, maybe PvPvE. Once you unsterstand that difference, of what i am saying, we can continue our conversation.

Yes, i suppose it will be once you are understand the difference.

Regards

Seed

Maybe once you understand the difference between the different modes of PvP people might not think you’re such an…. I know, it might be a big shock so you had better sit down.

As people have previously mentioned, PvP = Player versus Player. PvE = Player versus environment. So WvW incorporates both modes, PvP due to fighting players, and PvE due to fighting guards/doors/lords. The deciding factor in the mode of game-play though is the PvP, as it was meant to be.

You’ve kept mentioning that PvP is pvp because you have PvP armor and weapons. Can you not get the same gear for WvW? Of course you can, you were meant to get a certain type of gear and weapons designed for the PvP WvW, hence why at the start of GW2, the only gear offered through badges was P/V/T. If I wanted to, i could get the exact same stats on my WvW gear as my sPvP/tPvP gear. Just because you can’t immediately get whatever gear you want for free (as you can in sPVP + in GW1) does not mean it isn’t a form of PvP.

Next thing, PvP does require skill, tactic and teamplay yea, but it ALSO requires the right build matching with the right EQUIPMENT to be efficient enough. Exactly the same as how using the right gear, food buff, build and yes, also skill, tactics and teamplay (especially underappreciated by people who have no idea what these 3 things mean in WvW) in WvW also increases your efficiency.

So stop your kittening and trying to act all high and mighty when i seriously doubt anyone honestly agrees with you and get back in-game to your zerg with your upscaled berserker geared toons.

Co-leader of Flare [FIRE]

(edited by Malkithe.2084)

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Limm.8401

Limm.8401

Skipping through this thread I’ve come across a rather silly discussion about whether WvW is PvP or PvE with arguments including phrases along the lines of “Since you can use PvE-type Items it is not PvP”.

PvP is an abbreviation of the expression “Player versus Player”
PvE is an abbreviation of “Player versus Environment”

PvP/PvE are well-defined expressions and I hope you see how adding own conditions to them as you please is a very slippery slope!

The fact of the matter is that – by definition – when you play (whatever that may involve) against other players it’s PvP because – brace yourselves – a player plays versus another player. The expression makes no assumptions what the map/objective/environment/GEAR looks like and not even what playing constitutes. So when we bash each others heads in behind the windmill or zerg-fight in stonemist it’s PvP.
When I kill the veteran warg – for stacks only, I swear – it’s PvE because I am playing versus the environment.
It is absolutely silly to even mention PvP-gear. You mean the gear you can get in sPvP, I assume. WvW is not sPvP and has different gear. That changes nothing about whether playing versus another player is PvP or not.

Considering sPvP:
Here we have the word structured in front which gives an opportunity to add some conditions to define what structured means, which ANet has already done – at least implicitly – by calling “Defend the three circles from 5 to 8 players without foodbuffs and limited gearing possibilities on a small-ish map” sPvP. So even here you couldn’t add random conditions as you please like saying “well it’s not sPvP unless there’s a lot of bad rangers”.

TL;DR starts here
In conclusion, arguing against the claim “Somebody who spends the vast majority of his ingame time playing versus other players, even on a map that bears resemblance to PvE-areas, is doing PvP(during those times)” is as silly as arguing against the claim “This set of paper sheets with written language on it bound together on one side is book” because you happen to find the content of that book is bearing striking resemblance to the content of a movie.

Take care.

EDIT: Having had a closer look at some of the posts, I realize that this post might be in vain as some people define expressions as they please and as it fits into their flawed arguments.

<sarcasm to illustrate my point with an example of the fallacy I refer to>
It doesn’t matter much though, since no WvW-player is going to disagree with this post. At least no true WvW-player
<\sarcasm to illustrate my point with an example of the fallacy I refer to>

Kitty Rages; 55k

(edited by Limm.8401)

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moerscho.4012

Moerscho.4012

I sense a disturbance in the ….tone in this thread. And i like it.

Most of us dont mind dying too and if we ever get to a point where we find out our playstyle doesn´t work anymore we´ll have to change too. And i think we already do to a certain degree. At least i saw at least 5 different small guild groups of around 5 people on FSP-Border. (like explained in earlier threads, we don´t have alot of bigger WvW focused guilds who can field 10-30 so thats all for now)
I know, skill lag really sucks….it sucks for us too but really right now we can´t do anything about it. Try walking in our shoes for a moment….would you actually change your playstyle because people from another Server, your opponents tell you your playstyle sucks? Nope, i don´t think so. You´d change when you find out that it´s necessary for you to keep winning.

And you say our pug-zerg-“blobby”-things suck? maybe, but yours do too. Quality-wise there theres really not a difference.
And to be honest…..who should win a 2:1 Battle for example? The organized, outmanned group that already plays together for quite a while, has refined their tactics and is using voicecomm to coordinate or the pug-group that gathered around a blue dot on the map, hasn´t played together for the most part and only few of them are using teamspeak or whatever? tbh, if i´m part of the ordganized group i would be kinda embarrassed if i could not at least give the pug a really hard time.

Hopefully one day we can start to fight our battles in the mists, not here on the forums.

Freya Tyrsdottir
Zirkel der Nacht [ZN]
Abaddons Mund

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: krijgsheer.9624

krijgsheer.9624

It is not the blob that annoys me but the skill lag you get with it. Blobbing is making abuse of that. If people can only do their first attack, no more skill is needed than numbers of people that are hitting that attack. You can call it tactic but it is weak. AM is using this 90% of the prime- time. Other servers also do it sometimes but more like 20% of prime- time. Last weak we fought piken and got beaten really hard but at least you could have smaller fun fights, than we admit and loose with pride. Now we loose by lags.
The skill lag should be looked at by Anet or they must punnish groups with more than 50 people running together.
Also the matchup sytem needs to have less randomness and more real wvw data into account.

FSP

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Limm.8401

Limm.8401

And i like it.
You´d change [your playstyle] when you find out that it´s necessary for you to keep winning.
[…something along the lines of “organized groups should dominate over unorganized groups despite being outmanned 2:1”…]
Hopefully one day we can start to fight our battles in the mists, not here on the forums.

First-off, my playstyle is to have fun and not to win which I think is one of the key difference between some of the players. Some like to win, some like to fight hard and some like to troll. I consider myself the latter two.

To that extend I can tell you that I have started changing my playstyle to adapt to yours. We’ve had some great fun preying on over-extenders and stragglers (biting off as much as we can hope to chew). The great thing about PUG-groups is that most of the time you can pull as many as you want out of the group and have some additional satisfaction because you know the commander will rage at them

Fun can also be had by kiting the entire blob around Astralhome a couple of times only to troll them with an escape portal or by pulling the AM blob into the AG blob and play a game called “Tag ’em all” or by pulling a group of around 10 people out of a zerg v zerg to have them chase 2 shinies (with mobility) all the way from north camp to lake only to meet up with 2 guildies, turn around and don’t let them run away

Considering the middle part:
Most larger groups outman my guild-group 4:1 to 6:1 (most of the times we only run 10-15, maybe 20 people on a good day/night and a large group ranges from 40 to 80 people). Therefore I can only refer to fights against 30-man PUG groups to relate to your comment. There, I agree that an organized group that mocks that up should have a long hard look at what went wrong there.

However, I don’t think that scales up to well. 40 against 80 is somewhat different because there will be a lot of lag involved and for the 40 (btw I don’t like 40-man guild groups much but that’s a different topic) it might make it a lot harder to keep up the tactics in lag. Try staying within a couple of meters of your commander when you get 7 frames per second, try going for a quick heal and re-engage when it takes 2 seconds for your ele’s fields and your warriors blasts to activate. Those are the easy things! However, I remember some occasions where I was involved in very succesful fights of two guild groups against double the number of PUGs.

Last but not least, I fight in the Mists – I merely banter on the Forums. Also, I might be mistaken the tag here, but I do seem to remember your tag running away from similarly sized groups more than once.

Kitty Rages; 55k

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Simerja.4813

i really really hope FSP gets vizu as next server, perhaps in combination with elona to get a definition of blobbing, i fell bad for FSP to be the server with the biggest part of community crying all time. I guess you would have equal amount of players in wvw , if you wouldnt spend 90% of there time in forums crying^^

cheers^^

(edited by Simerja.4813)

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Kaleygh.1524

i really really hope FSP gets vizu as next server, perhaps in combination with elona to get a definition of blobbing, i fell bad for FSP to be the server with the biggest part of community crying all time. I guess you would have equal amount of players in wvw , if you wouldnt spend 90% of there time in forums crying^^

cheers^^

We were up against VS (and others). Most of us that were on FSP since the beginning remember how the blobs were in the days when we were in the upper tiers.
This is why most of the wvw veterans from FSP do not want our server to climb higher in the tiers.
Saying that people are crying just goes to show how clueless you and other trolls like you are.
But then again, what can we ask from a server where the trolls are stuck at the level where all they can do is post youtube crap.
Weak

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Simerja.4813

perhaps a wvw game isnt the right game then for the way you prefer it – equal numbers you can find in games where there are arenas für group vs group play – in gw you can only go up for 5vs5, what seems little to less, but there are games ou can get tht you seem to need then…. but not daoc, not warhammer and not gw2

so long ^^ (and i am still sure there are some fsp not crying :p)

06/21 - AM - AG - FSP

in Match-ups

Kaleygh.1524

perhaps a wvw game isnt the right game then for the way you prefer it – equal numbers you can find in games where there are arenas für group vs group play – in gw you can only go up for 5vs5, what seems little to less, but there are games ou can get tht you seem to need then…. but not daoc, not warhammer and not gw2

so long ^^ (and i am still sure there are some fsp not crying :p)

I never asked for equal numbers.
I ask for a server that already has a high wvw population (AM in this case) to spread out a bit and not just blob 24/7.
I ask for fights where i can use other skills than autoattack.
Do you think it is a lot to ask ?
PS – Im a warhammer veteran, i was playing it from release until 2 years ago. And yes, there were blobs in the early days of warhammer, but after a while more and more guilds started to roam with smaller numbers seeking to make a name for themselves and this made the game more fun for everyone. Hopefully servers like AM will learn something from that.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills