10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

This is Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV_0p-SMmFI
and this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNdn2XSVUU (RIOT guy whats not to expect)
the rest look like Ganking videos.

I guess our definition of ganking is different then. Not sure what else to say. GL in game.

2 man oPP zergs ganking those small man groups of 4+.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

I feel sorry for the PLX dude who thinks its funny to build catas behind gates and thinks it will slow us down, but we kinda feel sorry for you because your missing out on so much stuff

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Have you ever had a whole map zerg turn and chase just you half way across the map?

yes

Pretty much everyone wearing a [TW] tag has :-)

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I never saw oPP alone this week. I have seen them roam prior though. Last night was only 4 or so dudes mixed with scrubs (I mean multi guilds, not incinuating skill) spawn camping. It was boring. When we were winning, more would show, and that’s solely because they have nothing else to do. No biggie.

I have seen oPP on resets though in much larger numbers than your claiming 12-15 active. It may be all 10 on at once, with followers, but we’ve clashed multiple times especially the week prior to the season when it was TC, BG, and JQ

Not trolling, just saying through out any given week … battle circumstances change, situations are different through out the day. No biggie, we’re all here for the fight.

Regarding the karma train SoRBL – kinda expected a late start, and we on TC didn’t do figure 8’s we only had enough to flip hills on the timer, thats why we stayed in their. When SoR popped on the map – i think it kidna got messy, hope you guys were able to pm eachother and figure it out. Good time to help level alts when we spend all week on our mains battling. It’s always nice to look forward to thursday’s community cross server events

Best of luck next week,
~Hexin / Xgammon [STUN]

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arete.7198

Arete.7198

I feel sorry for the PLX dude who thinks its funny to build catas behind gates and thinks it will slow us down, but we kinda feel sorry for you because your missing out on so much stuff

Bud, give it a rest.

Fidee OnS

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

I have seen oPP on resets though in much larger numbers than your claiming 12-15 active. It may be all 10 on at once, with followers, but we’ve clashed multiple times especially the week prior to the season when it was TC, BG, and JQ

oPP does not play resets.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

Have you ever had a whole map zerg turn and chase just you half way across the map?

yes

Then you know exactly where I’m coming from, some tags create a lot of anger. :P

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Doesn’t TC celebrate Karma Train eve?

Or do they not have the Karma Train spirit?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

oPP does not play resets.

Could have been been mid week – it’s been a few weeks now sicne that match up. I remember fighting you guys at our north camp and you guys brought numbers, and then again at northwest camp … and you were on map with PLX who ran separate from you. But between the two of you – each had enough to consider a sizeable force requiring scouting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

yes

Then you know exactly where I’m coming from, some tags create a lot of anger. :P

When it comes to the [TW] tag, it is more about the rarity of killing one than it is anger over seeing the tag.

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Doesn’t TC celebrate Karma Train eve?

Or do they not have the Karma Train spirit?

We do it today generally in a few hours (2-5pm pst ~ish). For the few hours pre reset – until we have to 15 all our characters, and prep/food/oils/siege the hour before.

Thursday we do karma train – drunken, but past 2 weeks we’ve not bothered to pop tags, instead just sat in a keep and let the big boys run circles while we take our keep. If we don’t have 15-30 players on – we would just slow the train down and there’s no sense getting in the way then.

Oh and congrats to whomever got a precursor. They rarely ever drop. Serious, I think I’ve only heard of 2 drop in wvw (both unconfirmed with out pics~ so maybe kitten comment but to each there own. If legit, congrats on the rng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

yes

We weren’t arguing with you, but I feel the need like Tyaen t agree so aggressively that it looks like a fight.
;p

in Match-ups

Cliques.3947

yes

We weren’t arguing with you, but I feel the need like Tyaen t agree so aggressively that it looks like a fight.
;p

RAWR!

oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

That upscaled Engi from oPP is really comfy to sit on up at woodhave on bg bl

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

yes

#T1 issues, #zergstospare, #lifeinthebubble

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Guess this is their definition of roaming the 2nd pic has more but they disappeared when taking it. I’m tired of Guilds claiming to roam when in fact I’ve never seen them by themselves to “Stand on Their two legs”.

Post Means
Don’t preach roaming if in fact you don’t solo roam or you roam with 5 or more.

Trying to preach how to roam but sitting on a wall behind the legendary guards yourself. How typical….

Blackgate has a lot of solo roamers, if our enemies get pushed back then there really isn’t anything to go out hunting for which results in our roamers gathering up in 1 spot. They’re hoping that numbers gather and that you’ll push out… Looking at the screenshot, you had numbers but yah…

I’m sorry this is the only pic or knowledge of one of your guild members being alone until in the end I got 1v3.

OP and oPP are two different guilds. Just saying…

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

That upscaled Engi from oPP is really comfy to sit on up at woodhave on bg bl

The IRON zerg that got called in yesterday to ‘handle us’ at the spawnpoint was very comfy to sit on.

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

I wasnt there so it didnt happen!

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

pics or none of what any of you say happens. It aint the truth , now get creative and start drawing things in paint already …

#ImissShaka

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Last match was week 42.

Read my post again. If you are still having problem, then I can’t help you.

Oh you mean the problem with you cherry picking data to cry foul, and play the victim.

Funny you gloss over the previous 1v1 match between SoR & BG, where SoR EU was ticking well over 300 in Week 39. Which is a more relevant comparison to this match since it was the same 3 servers SoR/BG/TC.

-KNT- BG

(edited by Krakah.3582)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prophet.1038

Prophet.1038

It is true oPP mostly never runs alone, usually in a group of 4-8. The only respectable roaming guild in BG is RIOT tbh, I usually seem them run solo or in groups of 2.

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

We do run solo or in really small groups, but a lot of folks switch the tags off… so you never know who it was and when it happened. Also it keeps the zergs from getting angry and calling in for help straight away

in Match-ups

Cliques.3947

It is true oPP mostly never runs alone, usually in a group of 4-8. The only respectable roaming guild in BG is RIOT tbh, I usually seem them run solo or in groups of 2.

Prophet, how can you say such things. You run the oPP tag yourself. Would you like to see my screeny? It still amazes me that a Necro from Fear would run the oPP tag!

P.S. Just a heads up, quite a few Riot are in oPP as well as quite a few oPP are in Riot. Shhhhhh, I didn’t tell you that though.

oPP – Blackgate

(edited by Cliques.3947)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dedelta.5018

Dedelta.5018

Let me put it another way – trying to get back to my guild and help them with a tower defence or open field battle is more important than spending five minutes trying to stay alive against players primarily built to kill me.

If I die fast I respawn fast so I get to my guild fast…….unless I meet roamers again ofc ;P

I know its hard to believe but fighting against roamers comes pretty down on my list of priorities.

I never said it was supposed to be your priority. It’s just really silly when you want to get back to a PPT objective, but we kill you and gain PPT for our server, and you didn’t even try to stop us. We still get PPT for stomps after all, its much lower than it was (sadly), but the free kills we get really add up… and those kills really shouldn’t be free.

A lot of the time, we end up camping a spawn just so people like that will fight us (because they have a group).

The other flip side of that coin (seeing as you brought PPT into the discussion) is while we are taking a tower, keep or even a camp, doesnt it seem a bit silly to just spawn camp or whatever it is you are doing to find your battles when you could be helping your server mates defend a objective?

Its silly that you want to fight but wont go to where we are fighting, you would rather wander in hope of finding some one instead of going to where you know definite action is. If your server mates are losing that defense, you are helping us gain those free kills you hate so much.

This was an argument we use to face against our fellow guilds back in the day, but this proves that many don’t understand the roaming philosophy.

Spawn camping does help because the following happens:

1) We kill you so there is less of you in your zerg for our zerg to fight.
2) It will demoralize people trying to get back to their zerg, especially pugs.
3) Usually most get fed up and group up trying to push out and actually give us what we want which is a good fight.
4) In some cases, we jump a commander trying to get back and we see the entire zerg go back to their WP to group up taking you off the battlefield for a couple of minutes.

They are small contributions compared to what we can do for holding bloodlust, but it is effective.

As for joining the zerg fight, sorry not going to happen. I have better uses of my time than joining a lagfest spamming 1 1 1 1 1 1 all day. If you guys like doing that go for it, just not the roamer’s mentality. Zergs have an importance, but so do roamer’s especially with the new bloodlust meta.

We just wish there were more T-1 roaming guilds on the other servers who like to fight so we can have our fun too. Zergs have all the fun. lol

Here is a classy response for spawn camping true class (Its barely acceptable to do even if you are completely even matched) This shows me even more that you’re looking to gank people not look for fights

Master of Minions – [TSF] The Shining Force
Necromancer\Elementalist\Guardian\Theif
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

CERN grats to take out underlevel karma train zergs in EB you guys are T1 material with good spirit in the last match hours XD

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Ho Lee TC map blob in EB, best competition weve had all week :/

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Let me put it another way – trying to get back to my guild and help them with a tower defence or open field battle is more important than spending five minutes trying to stay alive against players primarily built to kill me.

If I die fast I respawn fast so I get to my guild fast…….unless I meet roamers again ofc ;P

I know its hard to believe but fighting against roamers comes pretty down on my list of priorities.

I never said it was supposed to be your priority. It’s just really silly when you want to get back to a PPT objective, but we kill you and gain PPT for our server, and you didn’t even try to stop us. We still get PPT for stomps after all, its much lower than it was (sadly), but the free kills we get really add up… and those kills really shouldn’t be free.

A lot of the time, we end up camping a spawn just so people like that will fight us (because they have a group).

The other flip side of that coin (seeing as you brought PPT into the discussion) is while we are taking a tower, keep or even a camp, doesnt it seem a bit silly to just spawn camp or whatever it is you are doing to find your battles when you could be helping your server mates defend a objective?

Its silly that you want to fight but wont go to where we are fighting, you would rather wander in hope of finding some one instead of going to where you know definite action is. If your server mates are losing that defense, you are helping us gain those free kills you hate so much.

This was an argument we use to face against our fellow guilds back in the day, but this proves that many don’t understand the roaming philosophy.

3) Usually most get fed up and group up trying to push out and actually give us what we want which is a good fight.
4) In some cases, we jump a commander trying to get back and we see the entire zerg go back to their WP to group up taking you off the battlefield for a couple of minutes.

They are small contributions compared to what we can do for holding bloodlust, but it is effective.

As for joining the zerg fight, sorry not going to happen. I have better uses of my time than joining a lagfest spamming 1 1 1 1 1 1 all day. If you guys like doing that go for it, just not the roamer’s mentality. Zergs have an importance, but so do roamer’s especially with the new bloodlust meta.

We just wish there were more T-1 roaming guilds on the other servers who like to fight so we can have our fun too. Zergs have all the fun. lol

Here is a classy response for spawn camping true class (Its barely acceptable to do even if you are completely even matched) This shows me even more that you’re looking to gank people not look for fights

A kill is a kill man, however we can get those stomps in. But it sounds to me that you’re just struggling with the meta and that you’re looking for a fair fight. This is tier 1 my friend, it just doesn’t happen that way…

Also you can point fingers at us all you want about spawn camping you but all you have to do is take a different exit and we’re out of your hair…

in Match-ups

Prophet.1038

Prophet, how can you say such things. You run the oPP tag yourself. Would you like to see my screeny? It still amazes me that a Necro from Fear would run the oPP tag!

P.S. Just a heads up, quite a few Riot are in oPP as well as quite a few oPP are in Riot. Shhhhhh, I didn’t tell you that though.

Who am I kidding, oPP blobs every night. QUIT IT.

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

Class is Class doing it for a few minutes is acceptable because everybody gets caught up but for 15-20 min. of spawn camping shows they don’t have class. I’ve never said I’m looking for fair fights I’m asking what you ask the big boys do all the time spread out and show your self. I thought for sure that roamers would never conform the current meta guess I was wrong. FYI never claimed that I was a good roamer that claim was what your guild claims I’ve just never seen it hold true for more than a few minutes (Only Exceptions is the RIOT guy and the one Mesmer)

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Lol Iron the patch saved the very few of you still alive at that EB choke point XD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Epic EB was epic, so much freaking fun.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Good job Bg, you usually catch up during the week, but took control with ZD’s joining. I love the fact ZD’s have joined na, but a shame in a way as match ups were pretty even before this.

Overall a good week, been tough with only wooden stuff to defend, but we are certainly not the first to experience this, reminded me of the old Deso days.

Anyway if there is any BG guild which wants to fight un tagged and without a massive map blob behind them as we are still attempting to do, then please let us know.

cheers

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Drop the oPP and RIOT crap already.

It goes with any guild almost. Just saying. Sometimes we run solo, even during our prime raid time. /that was joke btw

Yeah i kinda knew RIOT / oPP had mutual players in the guilds. Happens on every server because your original friends slowly stop logging in and you need new buddies. Evolution of mmo’s

Anyways, seems the match is done, and theres only EB JP trolling occuring now … sounds so … meh who am I kidding.

This was one of the oddest weeks I’ve ever been in, to witness the events and be part of ~ just /mindblown

Never seen anything like the flip and the white flag before. Another week starts soon, been a slice.

Hopefully the mesmer your talking about is the PoG asuran one from BG that runs the blackwater build? He was good and good spirited. or are you talking about the flying tricks mesmer ex- ToM i believe asuran~ he’s also not a bad guy. Was chatting with him last reset while we waited in overflow.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

LOL, I guess when I feel like being respected, I throw on my RIOT tag. But when I’m slumming it, I’ll rep oPP.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

Are you sure your not from SoR?

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Class is Class doing it for a few minutes is acceptable because everybody gets caught up but for 15-20 min. of spawn camping shows they don’t have class. I’ve never said I’m looking for fair fights I’m asking what you ask the big boys do all the time spread out and show your self. I thought for sure that roamers would never conform the current meta guess I was wrong. FYI never claimed that I was a good roamer that claim was what your guild claims I’ve just never seen it hold true for more than a few minutes (Only Exceptions is the RIOT guy and the one Mesmer)

I know my guild has no class on the battlefield, that’s what I expect from them. Killing peeps is what we play this game for, not to carebear stare at each other all day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

ITT: Soloyolo roamers who got 2v1d by some oPP guys map zerg.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shawker.9587

Shawker.9587

Hey fellows, 2nd week of Seasons and 2nd win, grats to all us, i hope better fights in the next week btw.

Server: Blackgate
Profession: Dolyak Ass Kicker

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

For those reading this thread this is my opinion and I just call it as I see it. Only point that I’m personally trying to make is that I don’t get why people claim things and not prove it. Hope to see you actually roaming GL on the battle field.

Thoughts from a occasional roamer, Zergling, Guild group squad Ganker , etc.(Carebears for the Win)

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

CERN grats to take out underlevel karma train zergs in EB you guys are T1 material with good spirit in the last match hours XD

Karma trains aren’t for EB, especially when we have the Nightlight on Plenty of Karma training on the other BL’s.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Karma trains aren’t for EB, especially when we have the Nightlight on Plenty of Karma training on the other BL’s.

Looks like BG got a taste of their own medicin.
Im sure you can level your toon next kitten you all will be slacking with 2 wins under your belt eh? :p

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Prophet.1038

LOL, I guess when I feel like being respected, I throw on my RIOT tag. But when I’m slumming it, I’ll rep oPP.

Isn’t that what you’ve been doing since you joined? I was told that oPP was a sister guild of RIOT and should be only repped if you are playing very poorly.

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

For those reading this thread this is my opinion and I just call it as I see it. Only point that I’m personally trying to make is that I don’t get why people claim things and not prove it. Hope to see you actually roaming GL on the battle field.

Thoughts from a occasional roamer, Zergling, Guild group squad Ganker , etc.(Carebears for the Win)

Where is your proof that we do not roam, again? I don’t get why people claim things and don’t prove it. Hope to see you actually outside of your spawn GL on the battlefield.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Green Arrow and Indo is the only reason SoR hasn’t blown up yet.

Love you guys SoR <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Good luck to the next match, SoR.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)