11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

So I made juggernaut for my war cause it’s OP…
Since finding out hammer wars getting epic nerf I moved on to another build to get ready for it…
After fighting hammer wars that use no other weapons other than hammer I’m very excited to see all of you go to hell. Even with stability that damage output is too much.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Since finding out hammer wars getting epic nerf I moved on to another build to get ready for it…
After fighting hammer wars that use no other weapons other than hammer I’m very excited to see all of you go to hell. Even with stability that damage output is too much.

Warriors are QQing so hard because they arent god like anymore with hammer. Its funny. (Not you ofc, you got the right idea)

Isle Of Janthir

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flappybob.1950

Flappybob.1950

Fun fights again for me. Although we win the open field fights most of the time in EBG both Yaks and IoJ fight kitten hard to hold their towers. I know the commanders before weren’t able to get OL all day. I don’t know where you guys got the supplies but they just kept coming lol. You guys held strong throughout that fight, props to you guys.
E
+1 to IoJ for taking everything else while we were fighting for OL. I don’t think anyone noticed until after the fight. kitten you for foiling my golem rush on your keep before I went to bed. I must say for being the underdogs you guys have my respect for stating out and trying!! See you all on the battlefield again.

Were you commanding in ebg NA prime last night? If so Y U RUN AWAY FROM MEND SIEDED QL T.T, if not sorry I’m just extremely sad we couldn’t farm 100 people there..

Can we expect another video soon? “Why are you running away, we just want to play?”

Depends, we have to make sure flappy is recording or else he forgets a lot :p

You mean this video? Enjoy Mr. Mike!
http://youtu.be/-RA4M_bsfag

Commander Admiral Lord Flappy – [Mend]
Isle of Janthir

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

Wow, the hammer gets nerfed? Who could have seen that coming!?

But no, seriously, axe/shield or axe/sword and a Longbow was always best. Because I say so. Also, speaking from personal experience, kitten you other warriors who use the mace/shield/greatsword stun→100 blades combo. The second someone gets out of it you tend to fall apart and it’s hilarious.

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I’m pretty sure SBI will come in first in this league. We were able to put up a decent fight against FA for a bit, but holy crap you guys have a lot of people. It’s yet to be seen whether or not you can beat FA as far as their organization goes, but you definitely have the manpower to take them on. It should be a really interesting fight either way, I just hope we don’t get stuck in that matchup against you 2.

FA is by far more organized Ocx timezone and SEA time zone. If SBI can better their organizations in those zones they can win. [uA] and [Avtr] in Ocx timezone are not jokes to be messing with though, I know as they were former IoJ as well. I know though that FA SEA is relatively weak compared to SBIs, even with a majority of [DPS] going back from BP.

FA has won the league … I thought that was already known. The only way for FA to lose is to implode and even then it would have to happen the week when they were taking on SBI. And as much as SBI has coverage, FA just has that many factor times more. However, FA wouldn’t stand a chance in coverage against BG, SoR, JQ or TC even with all of the newer recruits and guilds (it means that FA is the #5 NA server in a #7 to #15 NA server league).

The leagues just proved what everyone already knew (ANet is just realizing it through their collaborative development thread) – WvW is about coverage because PPT is just a reflection of aggregate WvW server population relative to other servers who have the exact same set of macro-level community resources available.

You’re welcome to root for SBI and hope it beats FA but unless you join SBI mid-season to cover off-peak NA hours, that is not happening.

TL;DR Week 1 determined the winner for all leagues. The other 6 weeks are just so it looks like a tournament match.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

I’m pretty sure SBI will come in first in this league. We were able to put up a decent fight against FA for a bit, but holy crap you guys have a lot of people. It’s yet to be seen whether or not you can beat FA as far as their organization goes, but you definitely have the manpower to take them on. It should be a really interesting fight either way, I just hope we don’t get stuck in that matchup against you 2.

FA is by far more organized Ocx timezone and SEA time zone. If SBI can better their organizations in those zones they can win. [uA] and [Avtr] in Ocx timezone are not jokes to be messing with though, I know as they were former IoJ as well. I know though that FA SEA is relatively weak compared to SBIs, even with a majority of [DPS] going back from BP.

FA has won the league … I thought that was already known. The only way for FA to lose is to implode and even then it would have to happen the week when they were taking on SBI. And as much as SBI has coverage, FA just has that many factor times more. However, FA wouldn’t stand a chance in coverage against BG, SoR, JQ or TC even with all of the newer recruits and guilds (it means that FA is the #5 NA server in a #7 to #15 NA server league).

The leagues just proved what everyone already knew (ANet is just realizing it through their collaborative development thread) – WvW is about coverage because PPT is just a reflection of aggregate WvW server population relative to other servers who have the exact same set of macro-level community resources available.

You’re welcome to root for SBI and hope it beats FA but unless you join SBI mid-season to cover off-peak NA hours, that is not happening.

TL;DR Week 1 determined the winner for all leagues. The other 6 weeks are just so it looks like a tournament match.

Really cause JQ can theoretically still win. Both JQ and BG are super stacked at the moment. SoS decides the winner of gold when Bg and Jq face each other, whoever they focus more is likely to lose with their coverage— even if it’s just distraction. If Jq wins it comes down to week 7 then the ball is in SoR court for who wins.

Bronze league will not be decided til this next week as well between HoD and SF.

Silver contrary to what you say is still up for grabs, SBI is not fielding the numbers they would versus FA. They will fight harder and longer against them as well as them having gotten xfers since leagues started.

If you want to say things like all leagues are decided please so your research.

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Silver contrary to what you say is still up for grabs, SBI is not fielding the numbers they would versus FA.

That’s true. SBI will not field the same numbers against FA as we’re fielding in the current matchup. We will field significantly less. Our fairweathers won’t show up for that match and neither will half of the “WvW” guilds that transferred in recently. It will be the same people that we fielded back in May plus a few of the transfer guilds.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Silver contrary to what you say is still up for grabs, SBI is not fielding the numbers they would versus FA.

That’s true. SBI will not field the same numbers against FA as we’re fielding in the current matchup. We will field significantly less. Our fairweathers won’t show up for that match and neither will half of the “WvW” guilds that transferred in recently. It will be the same people that we fielded back in May plus a few of the transfer guilds.

Then that’s an internal issue for you guys. Most other servers fair weathers would rise to a challenge for at least the weekend.
However I was speaking mainly guild groups— in this match there is leniency in even stepping foot in WvW compared to where guilds will push hard against FA. If they don’t you as a server should push for that.

If SBI already has the mentality you’re going to lose, Many servers and players outside of your server sill thinks you have competition in you but if you as a server don’t then you’ve already lost— more then a league match up as well.

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

I feel more like SBI is prepping and refining in wait for FA. As long as we don’t overlook people along the way, I expect a better showing in the next showdown.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Meh thats fine, not worried. People who only show up for easy wins aren’t needed, saves us the hassle of waiting in ques to attack/defend maps. If we win cool, if we lose then we lose. As long as I have fun with the people im running with, I unnecessary find my way into the center of a large scale fight for no other reason except the enjoyment of red circles, then i happy with whatever outcome arises.

1 thing is for sure though I guarantee that [Abys] will be out there on the battlefield XD

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

Hi YB, your friendly neighborhood SF commander here. I wanted to check in with you guys/gals and see how your “superior communication and tactics” were doing in a match that you were vastly outnumbered in.

Then I saw this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Acidic-mood-in-chat-since-tournament

Have fun YB, you guys had some pretty respectable players, hopefully they can wrangle in your others who are silent now on the forums.

You’re cute. We’ve learned some new things fighting FA and SBI. Can’t wait to show you!

Yes, while we are still losing…I think everyone is surprised by how much better we are doing than was thought. SBI beat us by so much more when we saw them on their move up. So, our “superior communication and tactics” have actually helped us a lot.

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

I’m pretty excited for the FA matchup. I always hated repeatedly fighting them on a server that had them horribly outnumbered. And then we’d abuse them and mock them on our voice comms and map chat as if we were doing anything really difficult. =(

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

I feel more like SBI is prepping and refining in wait for FA. As long as we don’t overlook people along the way, I expect a better showing in the next showdown.

well according to the schedule there wont be a next showdown during this first league set up. gonna have to wait for the next league start.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

well according to the schedule there wont be a next showdown during this first league set up. gonna have to wait for the next league start.

Round 7 11/29 thru 12/5
Silver Dragonbrand Fort Aspenwood Stormbluff Isle

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’m kind of going to miss IoJ. Met a few really nice people. You guys don’t jump in on duels and try to kill the opponent and you don’t dance on bodies when you run over a smaller group. Some other servers could really learn from you, but I won’t say who. * cough * SBI * cough *

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigblah.3285

bigblah.3285

Please call out guild tags next time instead of generalizing the whole server, kthx

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

this thread needs more fluff…

Hi

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sullin.3759

Sullin.3759

Just want to give a shout-out to that rogue from SBI that I was fighting at 11:20pm est tonight. Well played. Epic Mesmer vs. Thief fight. We both had to stop and kill a few people that stumbled into our duel near the garrison bay side. Much respect. Hope you find this post.

-Harley Northstar – Yaks Bend

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moriquendi.4209

Moriquendi.4209

Just want to give a shout-out to that rogue from SBI that I was fighting at 11:20pm est tonight. Well played. Epic Mesmer vs. Thief fight. We both had to stop and kill a few people that stumbled into our duel near the garrison bay side. Much respect. Hope you find this post.

-Harley Northstar – Yaks Bend

Thanks for the fight! I thought you had me a few times during it, that confusion. Sorry about those two SBI who came back and interrupted it for the second time.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: msbehnke.3960

msbehnke.3960

Been some fun battles this week on all sides. Thanks to both YB and SBI for keeping IOJ’s borderlands so colorful. I did witness a couple 100% blue IOJ borderlands, was a pretty sight. Kept us on our toes and gave us some valuable experience. Good luck on this next week’s match-ups.

Mathaais, Guardian [WolF] IoJ Commander

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

Round 7 11/29 thru 12/5
Silver Dragonbrand Fort Aspenwood Stormbluff Isle

lol, guess I cant count. the schedule I have only shows 6 weeks. thnx for input

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Hello SBI. I guess you guys really are bored.

Attachments:

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cheeky.1830

Cheeky.1830

Just want to give a shout out to IoJ…. for being outnumbered and lower coverage, you guys never gave up! Keep up that spirit and you will go far, GREAT FIGHTS!

So Cheeky- 80 Mes
Commander- (Hero)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jay.7546

Jay.7546

SBI is just a numbers server. Little skill when numbers are equal or close. Large numbers mean lazy players. When you have 50 on 20 you don’t need to be good and you don’t need to be creative. I’ve seen too many run when they aren’t supported with their large zerg, so if they play other servers with equal numbers I won’t put my money on SBI.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

SBI is just a numbers server. Little skill when numbers are equal or close. Large numbers mean lazy players. When you have 50 on 20 you don’t need to be good and you don’t need to be creative. I’ve seen too many run when they aren’t supported with their large zerg, so if they play other servers with equal numbers I won’t put my money on SBI.

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

The match is almost over! It’s too late to explode with drama. Where was this sort of effort all week?

Also we’re almost 1:1 on gifs to paragraphs in here.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

The match is almost over! It’s too late to explode with drama. Where was this sort of effort all week?

Also we’re almost 1:1 on gifs to paragraphs in here.

I’ve been too busy on pinterest.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

nou

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

Good matchup…

Thx for leagues anet.

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

Careful…don’t invoke the wrath of the SBI zergs…

FSP

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

SBI, You should be ASHAMED at the amount of axe necros and minion masters you have. Allowing them to fall into such filth!

Oh dear me, those poor misguided necros…. they never had a necro-mum to tell them it was a grave sin…

Attachments:

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

Huzzah! Another week of zombie hordes chasing a blue dorrito around the maps spamming 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 is finally at an end. It’s pretty sad that the already flawed WvWvW has de-evolved into a talentless collection of blobs sweeping maps clean of the out-manned competition. Can we just go back to Glicko now?

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

Huzzah! Another week of zombie hordes chasing a blue dorrito around the maps spamming 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 is finally at an end. It’s pretty sad that the already flawed WvWvW has de-evolved into a talentless collection of blobs sweeping maps clean of the out-manned competition. Can we just go back to Glicko now?

I second this.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

after reading through this thread i’m so excited for reset tonight sarcasm

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

The vast majority of “lazy players” and “runners” you are calling out here are the fair weathers that have come for the karma train and dragonite. As I have said earlier in the thread, there are some of us here that are not happy about the numbers we have at the moment. There are many people on SBI that enjoy fights, not running over others in some huge blob. But you also need to be honest with yourself, if you guys had these numbers you’d be doing the same thing.

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

The vast majority of “lazy players” and “runners” you are calling out here are the fair weathers that have come for the karma train and dragonite. As I have said earlier in the thread, there are some of us here that are not happy about the numbers we have at the moment. There are many people on SBI that enjoy fights, not running over others in some huge blob. But you also need to be honest with yourself, if you guys had these numbers you’d be doing the same thing.

Attachments:

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigblah.3285

bigblah.3285

Attachments:

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

I was here before the transfers, so yes I know we gave you fights in the past even when were were outnumbered, so don’t go there.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Seems to me like no one on SBI wants a fair fight. Usually 5 mans or zergs that like to run over a few people. Not to mention how it strokes their kitteneen by the emotes.

seems i also have a 600sec wait between posts i can do now, i thought this was america.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ebbnjin.5276

ebbnjin.5276

Really? AC ?(15 chars) =!!=

Attachments:

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

WOO! Who’s ready for reset?!

Attachments:

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

SBI, You should be ASHAMED at the amount of axe necros and minion masters you have. Allowing them to fall into such filth!

Oh dear me, those poor misguided necros…. they never had a necro-mum to tell them it was a grave sin…

Minion master I can agree on, but axe necro is great and I have no idea what you’re talking about.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

Seems to me like no one on SBI wants a fair fight. Usually 5 mans or zergs that like to run over a few people. Not to mention how it strokes their kitteneen by the emotes.

seems i also have a 600sec wait between posts i can do now, i thought this was america.

I was out with my guild last night on IoJ Bl, we had about 10 and 2-3 pugs that joined us. Can’t say how many times we got run over by either IoJ(running about 20+) or YB(running 30-40). I have my emotes turned off, so no idea if I was teabagged or not as it really doesn’t matter that much to me.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Minion master I can agree on, but axe necro is great and I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Lord help your soul, You have no idea what you’ve just done.

Isle Of Janthir

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

I was out with my guild last night on IoJ Bl, we had about 10 and 2-3 pugs that joined us. Can’t say how many times we got run over by either IoJ(running about 20+) or YB(running 30-40). I have my emotes turned off, so no idea if I was teabagged or not as it really doesn’t matter that much to me.

The one time I turned my emotes on this week, All that happened was YB spamming /laugh and /sit.

Isle Of Janthir

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

i have to admit to teabagging someone…thought he was teleporting all over while in downed state so he deserved it

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

The one time I turned my emotes on this week, All that happened was YB spamming /laugh and /sit.

Mhmm is the nature of the beast I suppose. Just shows you the maturity level of those that do it.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

Lord help your soul, You have no idea what you’ve just done.

Well I mean I guess I’m sorry you guys haven’t found people who actually can use an axe necro really well to show you it’s good, or whatever has happened to make you think the way you do, but I’m doing perfectly fine with my axe and getting plenty of kills.

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cupnoodle.5431

Cupnoodle.5431

Mhmm is the nature of the beast I suppose. Just shows you the maturity level of those that do it.

I really like how its SBI talking about maturity with emotes. Just last night I was with 10 of my guildies on EBG and we get steamrolled by 40 of you guys and you all /laugh like you guys just did the most awesomest thing in the world. But whatever floats your boat. Hats off to you guys, you are so pro.

Necromancer – Cup Noodre
Ectoplasm Ltd. [GLOB] Maguuma
“Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.”

11/1 SBI/IoJ/YB

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

I really like how its SBI talking about maturity with emotes. Just last night I was with 10 of my guildies on EBG and we get steamrolled by 40 of you guys and you all /laugh like you guys just did the most awesomest thing in the world. But whatever floats your boat. Hats off to you guys, you are so pro.

As I said it shows the maturity. I did not say that it is not done as I can’t speak for an entire server, only that I don’t do it. Nor will I apologize for their actions, as I don’t own that responsibility.

(edited by Adahilia.3678)