31/5 - EB - BP - AR

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

Ebay crying about being night capped in that ‘other’ thread. What happened to your improved night guild? I dont’ wanna dig up the post but you guys mad a guild specifically for night coverage.

-K

Can’t tell if you actually believe that our night population should be able to deal with a t2’s night population.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

So now you guys admit that numbers matter. For 13 weeks it was all bout skill.

see my sig.

-K

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Gorefiend.9675

I see that you learned absolutely nothing from our time together. That is unfortunate.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

see my sig.

-K

Watching eBay put on a smile while FA wipes the floor with them brings me joy. If only this were to continue for another two months – oh the ecstasy it would bring in reading those match-up threads.

Well…here is to hoping that again next week they get stomped.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fox.3562

Fox.3562

see my sig.

-K

There’s a difference between the numbers gap between Ebay and BP and the numbers gap between Ebay and FA. Both Ebay and BP are “high” server population servers, but we had more organized WvW guilds than you and (maybe?) had a slightly higher WvW population. The numbers gap wasn’t as big as you’d like to claim it was, and both of the servers were at least mostly NA.

FA on the other hand has multiple qued borderlands around the clock. They have no down time at all. BP loved to complain about Ehmry groups of 40, but you have no idea what a real zerg looks like. The entire population of FA will mass together in one spot on whatever BL they’re on. We’re talking groups of 80 people in one huge, (mostly) mindless, zerg. It doesn’t matter how many times you wipe them because there’s more people waiting in que to take their spot to continue the zerg.

I’m no exaggerating when I say I can’t recognize a single FA guild. Any time you see them, it’s just one homogeneous group of red.

And yet, I’m totally OK with this. I don’t think anyone on Ehmry has ANY desire to be able to compete with a T2 server. Running around as one mindless ball of people seems extremely boring. It’s extremely fun figuring out ways to beat them though. Rekz is feasting on loot bags, HAX has almost nobody to worry about when keeps flip because their mega-zergs assume somebody else is doing the sweeping, and everyone’s enjoying not curb-stomping servers for a change.

Man for man, we have no problem hanging with T2 though. Look at the picture I attached. We had every BL qued on reset and we were winning 2 hours into it. We owned every keep on Maguuma’s BL at one point (the borderland GH and FTF ended up on). Compare this to the blowouts that EB/BP/AR resets were.

TL;DR: EB/BP had similar populations but EB was better organized so we stomped you. FA has numbers on a whole different level that nobody short of a T1/T2 zerg server can compete with.

Attachments:

Potato Plant
Good Fights [GF] Mesmer

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I think you are looking at this wrong. Ebay and BP may have similar server populations, but we don’t have similar WvW populations.

Again, don’t let your ego think its a skill thing that let you win. While you had better coordination and better defense those aren’t what allowed you to win by as much as you did (TBH part of it towards the end was people just sick of Ebay being a poor winner and BP turncoats who transferred). Just look at the score evolution on Mos Millenium website and you will clearly see your point spikes coincide with BP/AR lack of coverage.

Anyway, I’m glad you are experiencing again the taste of losing to coverage.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Gorefiend.9675

Honestly, so are we. I would take this matchup over the previous any day.

I am still yearning for that yaks/cd/eb matchup though.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

@ Fox

I play on AR.

-K

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

SBI runs in one massive zerg from fight to fight. no small groups. no 2nd commander on the map, just 1 massive zerg. Can’t even fight them as each encounter turns into Stonemist level lag slideshow fight.

-K

Wow, kinda seems like AR is fighting themselves?

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

SBI runs in one massive zerg from fight to fight. no small groups. no 2nd commander on the map, just 1 massive zerg. Can’t even fight them as each encounter turns into Stonemist level lag slideshow fight.

-K

Wow, kinda seems like AR is fighting themselves?

:P

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

You know, we just can’t let each other alone. We simply fought against each other too long.

BFFs – Best Frienimies Forever

I’ll be honest, beating SBI is not half a satisfying as beating an Ebay in some fights. There’s no history there.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

-K

That should make them incredibly easy to beat. If you guys are sending out 3-4 groups of 15 when they are running as a group of 45, you’ll cap objectives almost as fast as they can in more sections of the map. It’ll cripple their force quite quickly because all they can do at that point is back-cap.

Then layer in an element of timing so that you own the objectives you are spreading to cover with less than 5 minutes to tally and there is nothing they will ever be able to do…. I am rooting hard for AR in that match. You guys should walk away winners.

I don’t know where you are getting that we are crying about being night capped though… maybe a couple people are somewhere? For the most part, we don’t care. We knew what was up as soon as we walked through the portal on Friday. Give us DB and Kaineng next week, and TC and SoS the week after, we will keep on trucking through their 80 mans all the way.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

oh, we win during our prime time, typically 2pm-11pm cst. just any ground we make up on the score is lost when we sleep or work. Which is fine , its all about coverage.

oh and if they ran in zergs of 40 i could handle that. but on reset night it one huge blob, 60+ . just caused slide show lag when we met in the open field, even in borderlands.

As for me poking fun @ Ebay, its just that, poking fun.

-K

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

I really hate myself for finding my way back here – but it just feels weird still… chills

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

I really hate myself for finding my way back here – but it just feels weird still… chills

those are chills of withdraw. ..

btw, your current thread sux.

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

lol, this appears to be the only old match up thread still getting posts. After all the venom (plenty of pleasantry too, but still), that’s surprising.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

This was the matchup thread where we joined hands together in mutual hate at ANet’s sticking us all in the same tier for so long.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

Honestly, so are we. I would take this matchup over the previous any day.

I am still yearning for that yaks/cd/eb matchup though.

But would you take this match up for 3 months and be happy because of all the learning opportunities you were getting?

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Gorefiend.9675

But would you take this match up for 3 months and be happy because of all the learning opportunities you were getting?

Of course not. I would not want any matchup for near that long.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

ekleenex.1654

those are chills of withdraw. ..

btw, your current thread sux.

Yeah, it’s really not that entertaining.

All I can say is Sekz is having fun, so many zergs to beat up! I have seen a lot of our puggies fair weather already though, kind of funny.

“dodging saves lives.”

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

OMG GF/GH….it is just a sad state of affair on SBI and IOJ, there is NO talent at all on these servers. All we run into is zergs, cowards, and people that we jsut steam roll.

Boring as kitten….

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

vT would enjoy the fight clubs we’ve been having lately. 30+ people. I wish the other servers in these tiers could muster those numbers because I know we’ll be matched up occasionally still.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I see AR/BP miss us.

Remember the success you are having today is from learning we beat into you.

That being said I like what yall are doing. The matchups you 2 got are exactly what you need.

AR has a matchup that shows them that they can and BP has a confidence boosting stomp to solidify the team work.

GJ fellas

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Reading thru your threads is making me smile.

BP is back to its old line, “we’re not bigger , just better!!”

And Ebay is talking about how they are going to lose because of numbers. ..

what happened to that skill you guys bragged about, see my sig for reference.

-K

Rofl! We’re also facing a tier 2 server, and under those circumstances not doing horribly I say. That would’ve been like you guys facing a tier 3 server instead of us back in our day (that’s right, we’re relegated to our long porches and wooden rockers now… meeeemories). We’re having very little trouble with Mag, when they’re not rolling in our BL on FA’s coat-tails. Even our “enemies” are claiming to be impressed by our field-presence, despite our handicap.

We’re facing insurmountable odds, and kittenit I’m having a blast!

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

I see AR/BP miss us.

beaten, but never defeated. We’ll meet again I am sure, and this thread must be there when we do :P

[KRTA]
Maguuma

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

see my sig.

-K

Watching eBay put on a smile while FA wipes the floor with them brings me joy. If only this were to continue for another two months – oh the ecstasy it would bring in reading those match-up threads.

Well…here is to hoping that again next week they get stomped.

A willing mop is a happy mop? <.<

And oh yes, numbers matter, but willingness to push in and not turn and run matters too. We had stalemate tug-o-wars over the weekend with massive FA numbers. The one that took place on the grounds between our Bay (occupied by FA) and our Garrison (occupied by us) on Sunday evening lasted literally hours (that poor poor sentry didn’t know which color to wear, rofl!). Neither side could grab the land occupied by the other, despite that both locations were highly damaged. A standoff we eventually won btw, by pinching them, a small contingent breaking in through Bay south.

Yumiko Togashii

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

We can keep up with en in NA prime time even though both servers out number us significantly.

Its that off hour presence that decides these matches

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

ekleenex.1654

I feel like this is the local bar, where you can just go hang out after a hard day of work. Round on me bros.

“dodging saves lives.”

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

nothing.7941

God, our thread is boring this week. I’m actually missing Archer. Give my regards to Mr. Cookies, hope his dumpster is filling up.

Gaile Gray wrote:

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

God, our thread is boring this week. I’m actually missing Archer. Give my regards to Mr. Cookies, hope his dumpster is filling up.

If you knew what he did IRL for money that statement would have a whole nother meaning

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

I actually started to worry about Cookie there for a few days. He was silent in the new thread… I thought we’d somehow lost him. To think I actually pondered for a moment that he’d found himself satisfied with an opponent. Was folly on my part. Cookie is back and himself as always, lol.

Yumiko Togashii

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

So I assume we are keeping this thread open for the rematch next reset

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

I see AR/BP miss us.

That being said I like what yall are doing. The matchups you 2 got are exactly what you need.

AR has a matchup that shows them that they can and BP has a confidence boosting stomp to solidify the team work.

GJ fellas

The only thing that we’ve learned from you is to talk smack when we’re winning and cry about numbers when we’re learning.

no wait..

that’s just you.

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

I see AR/BP miss us.

GJ fellas

The only thing that we’ve learned from you is to talk smack when we’re winning and cry about numbers when we’re learning.

no wait..

that’s just you.

Congrats you’ve gotten past anger…..denial still has you in it’s grasp it seems.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

I see AR/BP miss us.

GJ fellas

no wait..

that’s just you.

Congrats you’ve gotten past anger…..denial still has you in it’s grasp it seems.

Anger comes after denial. It would appear you are still mired in the muck of stupidity.

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I see the fun in this thread still hasn’t stopped…but please, stop it so they don’t lock this thread.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

I see AR/BP miss us.

GJ fellas

no wait..

that’s just you.

Anger comes after denial. It would appear you are still mired in the muck of stupidity.

You never fully left denial…..its a strange case indeed.

Intrawebz iz full of these things

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

They just hit us with 80 ppl, and 8 golems. It’s 2:30 am. Rofl!

Yumiko Togashii

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

I see AR/BP miss us.

GJ fellas

no wait..

that’s just you.

Next time don’t confuse Grief with Denial.

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

I see AR/BP miss us.

GJ fellas

no wait..

that’s just you.

Next time don’t confuse Grief with Denial.

Not confusing anything.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

nothing.7941

Face it, this thread, now almost a week after our marathon match up concluded, is full of grief and denial.

btw, looks like there is a pretty decent chance of a rematch of at least 2 of our servers tomorrow, though I do not pretend to understand the current matching system.

Gaile Gray wrote:

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

there’s almost a 30% chance that BP and AR will get to see each other in the next match. the chance of getting EB again is a lot lower.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

That one guy called it retribution or something. Kalkz did the same things on the forums actually now that I think about it, but he didn’t have a queued map to back up his chest thumping.

Made me laugh a bit :P

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

Scouting report on SBI if either of you two draw them next round.

Think of them as BP from 17-18 weeks ago. Big and disorganized that throws numbers @ problems.

-They will send a 40 man zerg to take a paper tower, if that failed, 50, if that fails 60…etc.

-No major guild, open field, think of them one large 80 man zerg. They can cause SM level lag fights in your borderland.

-Poor open field, if you can live past the lag, you should win.

-They love SM and will ignore their own BL if they own SM.

- They are about the same size as BP/Ebay as far as population, just lack any coordination.

-They can field 80+ @2am.

The zerg will move on from defended targets, but can chew thru reinforced gates if nobody is watching.

Rest you can see for yourselves.

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

why are you giving them a scouting report, you know we’re back to ar/bp/ebay later tonight?

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

That one guy called it retribution or something. Kalkz did the same things on the forums actually now that I think about it, but he didn’t have a queued map to back up his chest thumping.

Made me laugh a bit :P

You kidding? Kalkz is like super villain classic, lol! Complete with monologues and everything! He shows up with his golem army, makes everyone sweat for just a little bit, is eventually defeated, then immediately makes his getaway. I could always just imagine him echoing as he waypoints out, “I’ll get you next time, Ebay! I’ll get youuuu!” in classic Dr. Claw fashion. Lulz, it’ll be hard for anyone else to fill those nefarious shoes.

-Detailed SBI field report-

Thanks Kodi! We don’t need it this time though. We’re rolling with Kaining, another Tier 2 and above server, this week lol.

About the way we feel right now: Little ruffled, little dirty, little bloody… still grinning.

Attachments:

Yumiko Togashii

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

would it kill Anet to send us down a tier? stuck in T5 for 15 weeks… blarg!

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExVoodoo.7586

ExVoodoo.7586

Scouting report on SBI if either of you two draw them next round.

Think of them as BP from 17-18 weeks ago. Big and disorganized that throws numbers @ problems.

-They will send a 40 man zerg to take a paper tower, if that failed, 50, if that fails 60…etc.

-No major guild, open field, think of them one large 80 man zerg. They can cause SM level lag fights in your borderland.

-Poor open field, if you can live past the lag, you should win.

-They love SM and will ignore their own BL if they own SM.

- They are about the same size as BP/Ebay as far as population, just lack any coordination.

-They can field 80+ @2am.

The zerg will move on from defended targets, but can chew thru reinforced gates if nobody is watching.

Rest you can see for yourselves.

Thanks Kodi! We don’t need it this time though. We’re rolling with Kaining, another Tier 2 and above server, this week lol.

About the way we feel right now: Little ruffled, little dirty, little bloody… still grinning.

Actually, right now Kaineng is ranked as a bottom T4 server. Right under us.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

O’rly now? The mighty have certainly tumbled then…

Quick, hamstring their other leg! >=D

Yumiko Togashii

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExVoodoo.7586

ExVoodoo.7586

O’rly now? The mighty have certainly tumbled then…

Quick, hamstring their other leg! >=D

I take back what I said. Millenium said they were 12 and we were 11 last night before bed, but after waking up it’s now saying they are 9. =A=
Why you do dis Millenium? Play with my heart so.