5/31 Kaineng/Crystal Desert/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: luwe.1496

luwe.1496

If it’s any consolation for you jaycatano we keep trying to attack our own dolyaks thinking we’re still blue.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FlamingMook.8437

FlamingMook.8437

Good fight at Bay tonight Kaineng.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

btw, just a headsup to people about Fridays, 12 hours before match reset. Rankings usually decided by then and upgrades on keeps and forts do not really mean much at that time since they revert to non-upgraded at reset. Our unofficial usual practise with the Yaks running still awake at that time is to maximize WXP earned / per hour and avoid headon clashes with each other.

You will notice strange naked / badly dressed low level characters zerging from objective to objective and not defending at all. You could call this " Operation WXP Flip Exchange "

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Because I am hovering over them with my mouse. The only one I have not Key bound in, is my 0. Since you really want to know and are so curious about my key binds. 6=r, 7=f, 8=tab, 9=caps and OMG the one I actually click on my elite!!! Now that we have that settled can we move on?

Inb4 you get trolled.

The video makes it look like you click on a number of skills. (The keybindings show your utilities mapped as numbers, not letters.)

The numbers or letters showing for keybinds can be misleading. I use a Nostromo N52te game pad and a Logitech G700 13 button mouse and can assign any letter or number to any button I want.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

(edited by Xavi.6591)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

btw, just a headsup to people about Fridays, 12 hours before match reset. Rankings usually decided by then and upgrades on keeps and forts do not really mean much at that time since they revert to non-upgraded at reset. Our unofficial usual practise with the Yaks running still awake at that time is to maximize WXP earned / per hour and avoid headon clashes with each other.

You will notice strange naked / badly dressed low level characters zerging from objective to objective and not defending at all. You could call this " Operation WXP Flip Exchange "

Mag calls this karma train.

looks like the 3 of u are well match up. and i hope u fight each other for a few more week

in Match-ups

Xavi.6591

I predict this week goes down to the wire.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I predict this week goes down to the wire.

We should start taking over/under bets. I know an indiscriminate logistician who serves as a top-notch bookie.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

If anyone from CD or Yak’s looking for GvG, please PM me or Ethersin.

We want to do some 20v20 maybe.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

If it’s any consolation for you jaycatano we keep trying to attack our own dolyaks thinking we’re still blue.

I guess that will have to do for now may we meet again!

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lakland.8102

Lakland.8102

So far, I’m liking the new matchup system. I think the servers we have are evenly matched. I know Kaineng as suffered some losses, but it would be foolish to underestimate them.

This is my first encounter with CD and I have to say it’s been a blast. You have a wide mix of players and styles, much like Yak’s does and there are close similarities. I look forward to the rest of the week. Good luck to all, I have a feeling this will be decided at the last minute.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

I am quite surprised by CD’s NA time force. Great fights all around. Especially loved the fight in Bay in KNBL, CNB and KN put up a massive fight.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

I am quite surprised by CD’s NA time force. Great fights all around. Especially loved the fight in Bay in KNBL, CNB and KN put up a massive fight.

Bay fight last night was exhausting, it sucks to have lost it so pretty and upgraded (I’m biased since my guild paid for it) for sure but good on you guys. Getting it back was crazier. Everyone needed a break after that, I’m surprised Sano’s voice didn’t go out completely.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

Dear Yak’s Bend,

I’ve grown so fond of your lushly wooded lands in the eternal battlegrounds. As a dolyak hunter I think I must’ve found heaven. Finally I can hunt Yaks while I hunt yaks! Also, I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve set up home in the ruins outside your keep. I just couldn’t stand all that beautiful real estate going to waste! Pardon me if I accidentally let some ‘nades fly in the general direction of your keep door— all accidental I assure you. I think you’ll come to grow fond of your new resident Asuran engineer. Feel free to give me a wave if you see me. See you soon!

Sincerely,
Cricket

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brangien.7462

Brangien.7462

What I like about this match up is that Yaks and Crystal like to come out and fight. Unlike a certain arrowcart server matchup from last week, this matchup is pretty fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Splifferton.9874

Splifferton.9874

Dear Yak’s Bend,

I’ve grown so fond of your lushly wooded lands in the eternal battlegrounds. As a dolyak hunter I think I must’ve found heaven. Finally I can hunt Yaks while I hunt yaks! Also, I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve set up home in the ruins outside your keep. I just couldn’t stand all that beautiful real estate going to waste! Pardon me if I accidentally let some ‘nades fly in the general direction of your keep door— all accidental I assure you. I think you’ll come to grow fond of your new resident Asuran engineer. Feel free to give me a wave if you see me. See you soon!

Sincerely,
Cricket

did you really post this while we have a 320+ tick?? I’m a bit confused by this passive aggressive sarcasm mixed all in one of a statement..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Recursivision.2367

Dear Yak’s Bend,

Sincerely,
Cricket

did you really post this while we have a 320+ tick?? I’m a bit confused by this passive aggressive sarcasm mixed all in one of a statement..

Oh hi,

You must be one of the [PRO]’s that have been throwing me housewarming parties!

in Match-ups

Splifferton.9874

Dear Yak’s Bend,

Sincerely,
Cricket

Oh hi,

You must be one of the [PRO]’s that have been throwing me housewarming parties!

Probably not.. we are [Pro] not [PRO] — either way doesn’t sound like us.. we don’t RP much..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Recursivision.2367

[PRO], [Pro] I dunno!

in Match-ups

Splifferton.9874

its tough I know..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

luwe.1496

There’s a Malaysian guild from CD that went into our borderlands the other night SEA time that had a bunker Engineer with great cc skills. Your party was much more tough to beat because of you.

I’m having a better time doing solo and group roaming with this current match up. I hope we draw a good match next time as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyrlis.8072

Tyrlis.8072

This has been a great week for all of CD, we had slipped into a trench warfare mindset in T4, just keeping on and waiting for something to get better. Then this matchup brought a fresh sense of urgency and a collective rising to the challenge. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the excellent timing of the KWBH transfer, which has also brought in a new infusion of population, and while they deserve some of the credit, most belongs to the server.

I really think it might come down to the wire. I may have to turn our Thursday night sPvP into WvW…

Tyrlis – South of Heaven [SoH] WvW Commander – CD
Proud Member of the First Crystalian Council

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I suspect YB, KN, CD and SoS are all pretty close in terms of population and strength. So any of these servers thrown together should produce pretty good matches, but others moving up or down have more trouble making a good match.

Mag was a little too big for T3, but not near strong enough for T2, so just an outlier server that doesn’t really fit with others at the moment.

in Match-ups

Xavi.6591

I suspect YB, KN, CD and SoS are all pretty close in terms of population and strength. So any of these servers thrown together should produce pretty good matches, but others moving up or down have more trouble making a good match.

Mag was a little too big for T3, but not near strong enough for T2, so just an outlier server that doesn’t really fit with others at the moment.

You have to admit though, Mag’s emote skills were the best.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

Great fights at YB BL (Bay) , and we still holding atm.

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

You have to admit though, Mag’s emote skills were the best.

kitten straight.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seinaru.1608

Seinaru.1608

And CD is now (very slightly) ahead of YB after days of being 7-8k points behind, with KN trailing behind by 4k points! What an insane match up!

Seinaru Dawnbringer [TDS]
Guardian of Crystal Desert

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I just saw CD is ahead. It now looks like 2 out of the 3 former T4 servers are stronger than most of T3.

I’m proud of you guys and hope you continue to keep this up!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lakland.8102

Lakland.8102

Tip-o-the-hat to CD this morning (7am EST). You guys had strong leadership and played tight in YBBL. Look forward to more battles like this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Just want to say that’s what SoS was for the old T4. SoS, Mag, Yaks, Kain, CD, SBIand maybe EB (we didnt get to see) should all be able to give each other good matchups. Out of these servers SoS oceanic and Mags NA populations give them the slight edge.

Im proud of our CD players this week. We have come out harder and more dedicated than maybe i’ve ever seen. Coordination between each other has been great. Just don’t over do it and get burnt out.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

This has been a great week for all of CD, we had slipped into a trench warfare mindset in T4, just keeping on and waiting for something to get better. Then this matchup brought a fresh sense of urgency and a collective rising to the challenge. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the excellent timing of the KWBH transfer, which has also brought in a new infusion of population, and while they deserve some of the credit, most belongs to the server.

I really think it might come down to the wire. I may have to turn our Thursday night sPvP into WvW…

It’s been a great match up. A lot of our commanders and players are doing all they can to help the server. Everyone on the server is really stepping up. It’s a good day to be on CD.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Who was there when CD held off a 5 golem push at Yaks BL bay twice in the early morning. That was epic.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sinthetix.8765

sinthetix.8765

I love this thread. I love this matchup. I’m glad that for once WvW is FUN again! <3

Also, when CD took first place I thought (my attachment) was relevant, as we are the red team :P

Attachments:

Nocturne of Thix, Lime Overlord and Community Leader of Tonic: www.obeythelime.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyrlis.8072

Tyrlis.8072

Who was there when CD held off a 5 golem push at Yaks BL bay twice in the early morning. That was epic.

I think credit for that goes to Daeronz, he didn’t sleep last night specifically to defend Bay all night.

Tyrlis – South of Heaven [SoH] WvW Commander – CD
Proud Member of the First Crystalian Council

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Here’s a funny quote.

Crystal Desert (T4) is putting up a tough fight against Yak’s Bend (T3) and Kaineng (T3).

All scores are within 1500 points of each other. CD seems to be second during NA and second during Oceanic/SEA.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/map/731

CD is already losing by 4k and the weekend isn’t even over..

Its bloody obvious CD is going to lose that matchup

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

I’m enjoying the new match up, even if a handful of Yaks Bend players spam /laugh when they kill me 4v1.

Crystal Desert

in Match-ups

luwe.1496

Don’t lose your steam yet, Crystal Desert. Yak’s Bend has done a mad push for points at the end of the week before and they may very well so do it again.

Kaineng is still reeling from the loss of one NA and one Oceanic guild but it’s good to see the server meshing together better now and still maintaining a decent PPT throughout the day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I’m enjoying the new match up, even if a handful of Yaks Bend players spam /laugh when they kill me 4v1.

That’s one thing I miss about SBI and SOS, it’s actually been impossible for me to find a fight against anything less than 3 YB players at a time. Makes solo-roaming in YB BL pretty annoying.

in Match-ups

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

one thing i notice, yaks and cd zergs are softies. nothing compared to what we had the chance to experience vsing maguuma zergs (e.g. DERP).

but still kaineng is at third place. close score though. so the matchup is balanced.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

one thing i notice, yaks and cd zergs are softies. nothing compared to what we had the chance to experience vsing maguuma zergs (e.g. DERP).

but still kaineng is at third place. close score though. so the matchup is balanced.

If I had to say in a word what we lack at CD…

It’s Bloodlust. We just aren’t bloodthirsty enough. Bunch of darn hippies on our server ;p

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

SUCH AN EXCITING MATCH UP. OOOOO. WHO’S GONNA WIN!!!!???

Attachments:

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quikmix.2518

Quikmix.2518

If I had to say in a word what we lack at CD…

It’s Bloodlust. We just aren’t bloodthirsty enough. Bunch of darn hippies on our server ;p

I’m not a hippie. Just because I cruise EBL in hand-woven hemp flip flops while I’m chomping granola, doesn’t mean I’m soft either. I’m thirsty. It’s just that my vegan lifestyle prevents me from desiring blood. How about some nice herbal tea??

(edited by Quikmix.2518)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

Sorry. Probably fairly new players that learned that from Mag. We did play against Mag too long….probably learned all sorts of bad habits…..

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Sighhhh why was I on vacation this week… Looks like an amazing matchup from what I’m seeing, YB & Kaineng. Hopefully we’ll still be playing together next week!

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Match-ups

luwe.1496

May the RNG be ever in your favor

in Match-ups

Kronyx.2570

Apart from CNB or RE, haven’t really seen any “hard to kill” KN zergs. But yea, our guys do have quite a long way to go in terms of group compositions and zerg v zerg

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Kind of surprised to see it wasn’t mentioned, but the seige of Hills by CD (and following defense) on KBL last night was pretty great. Hours of fighting.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ikarushka.9564

Ikarushka.9564

What happened to Yak’s Bend last few days? They are 3rd now in the matchup

Cheekadee. Asuran engineer

in Match-ups

Kronyx.2570

You mean what happened to CD?

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

You mean what happened to CD?

Steroids

Attachments:

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Anywhere Kaineng goes, 60 men enemy zergs follow. Even tier 4 is no escape. T_T

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)