5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

well, the numbers look better. still not as many as SF and HoD are fielding at the same time( taking into account all 4 battlefields) , but better than the last screenshot…

wedsday night,. 11:45pm Central (12:45 am EST, 10:45pm mountain, 9:45pm pacific/server time)

Shoulda edited out the part where they said they were going to go take our keep in EB

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

meh. perhaps i should have . didn’t occur to me. didn’t think it was a serious suggestion, actually >.> if i weren’t about to go to bed... i would just go back to defending ET BL like i was before...

kinda like how i rolled my eyes this morning when someone said "HEY! lets go take SM!!!" when we had 15 people, outmanned buff on EB, and one of our towers was actively being trebbed from SM.

also... LOL @/with PAXA for yanking me off red tower into midair this evening. was definitely kinda funny. was like >yank< ohcrap i’m in midair?!??!? >gravity!< >splat< i didn’t expect to live long, but i was in midair long enough i hit the ground fighting. XD

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

It was just a joke, we don’t have the numbers to take Lowlands. So when we returned we just knocked Durios gates. Although I can’t say it’s not the majority wish for map completion. How about you SF let us borrow Lowlands for 10 min? haha

Shout for the team of 7 (?) in bay in SF border trying to take back the sentry in front of the workshop. SOL had fun and I hope you guys also had it. The end of the fight was a bit tragic, since we were only 5 defending the sentry and camp, but that happens and it was good fight though:

Attachments:

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: modDW.4187

modDW.4187

Hello it’s me, Your Big Horse

Attachments:

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Hello it’s me, Your Big Horse

Hello!

-My Little Pony

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

I don’t think PHZE has gotten enough credit for what they do and I feel like they’ve gotten much better since we faced them in T7, so here’s to you PHZE, keep up the good fights.

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Serious question, because I remember we talked about it a lot in our last matchup with HoD, and now it is the discussion of the day again in VoIP…

To you people on HoD, does it seem like you have an inordinate amount of Rangers? Like I said we have noticed this both matchups, I have never seen so many Rangers on any server.

Not saying it like a bad thing, and definitely not trolling ya, just wondering what was the catalyst for so many of them? Do you guys have a couple of epic ones that made others create them?

Again not trolling, they are very effective.

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

Serious question, because I remember we talked about it a lot in our last matchup with HoD, and now it is the discussion of the day again in VoIP…

To you people on HoD, does it seem like you have an inordinate amount of Rangers? Like I said we have noticed this both matchups, I have never seen so many Rangers on any server.

Not saying it like a bad thing, and definitely not trolling ya, just wondering what was the catalyst for so many of them? Do you guys have a couple of epic ones that made others create them?

Not me in that, but we all try to be this good. We can only try though, since none of us are the best player in the game.

HOD since beta

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

Not me in that, but we all try to be this good. We can only try though, since none of us are the best player in the game.

Thanks, I almost had to kill myself after watching that video, it was so painful…

And btw, every server has a ton of rangers now. Including SF. Sometimes I feel like you guys have zergs of just rangers.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

(edited by Azgarn.2145)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Thanks, I almost had to kill myself after watching that video, it was so painful…

LOL yeah I was laughing myself, 45 minutes of PVE on a PVP map.

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

Lol, that is our resident EB troll..

I noticed most rangers use Longbow now. Last I checked everyone was “qqqqqqqqqqq LB sucks qqqqqqqqq” so what happened? haha

When this happened on SFR it spawned a huge increase in guardians and wall of reflection usage….until all the rangers quit/rerolled

(edited by Cyphel.3659)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Love sideways insults. Especially when they come from someone who is probably the first to turn and run for the nearest tower and ask for the next turn on the ACs.

LOL, were you one of the noobs who kept coming to Longview to let me farm them? Is that why you got insulted at my post? If it wasn’t you, why are you getting upset? I wasnt calling your server out, I was just thanking the 4 or 5 toons kwho kept coming back.

And feel free to ask around, I never run, I always meet the enemy head-on and up front. LOL, yes, I die alot but we win the battle and that is what counts.

“Upset” is the last thing we are. If you didn’t win with the amount of people you can field, I certainly would be surprised.

Huehuehue these forum warriors. Upset no, farmed definitely not. You just keep charging in brah. Someone has to get poled first after all, even the tough guys.

LOL, I see you need someone else to reply to my post first and then you refute nothing I said in mine. Keep on keeping on.

Or you know… work?

Wahwahwahwah to the stuff you wrote(skimmed it).

Keeping on keeping on, keeping on.

Nice try at trolling but your buddy responded right after so guess your work excuse is out the window. And, ya, I am at work too, hence why I am not out running you over.

Right, cause I have control over guildies, nice try with the troll card but I’m sure we both know the truth of it. Might aswell say “because the ground is blue, what I say is right” cause that makes about as much sense. Let’s cut through all your bull smoke and forum awesomeness. 6-11est lemme know if you wanna have a go. I’d be happy for the entertainment, fun ether way.

If your aim is forum status keep it up brah, if not then ill see ya in game. I’m also done cluttering up this thread when it pertains to you. Not generally my style.

See ya on the field(don’t kitten out on me).

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

I’ve only watched about 10 mins(all I could handle) of this a few weeks ago. However if you’ve never seen it you atleast need to watch afew minutes, pretty funny.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

I’ve only watched about 10 mins(all I could handle) of this a few weeks ago. However if you’ve never seen it you atleast need to watch afew minutes, pretty funny.

I enjoyed the comments section under the video the most. lol

Mag Server Leader

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

katz.8376

I noticed most rangers use Longbow now. Last I checked everyone was “qqqqqqqqqqq LB sucks qqqqqqqqq” so what happened? haha

When this happened on SFR it spawned a huge increase in guardians and wall of reflection usage….until all the rangers quit/rerolled

oh god that guy. i think 95% of ET has him on ignore.

i don’t even HAVE a longbow on my ranger. i probably should as it has it’s uses, but i run shortbow and currently experimenting with axe/horn. i’ve also run GS and sword/horn as my 2nd weapon

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

i don’t even HAVE a longbow on my ranger. i probably should as it has it’s uses, but i run shortbow and currently experimenting with axe/horn. i’ve also run GS and sword/horn as my 2nd weapon

Had a good 1v1 vs a ele in PK, I was on my ele(which i haven’t touched in like 2 months till last night) at the time. I got him to about 10% life he came back and got me kudos to him. Was a s/d lol. Need to play the ele more in my off time to get the rust off.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Need to play the ele more in my off time to get the rust off.

No you’re just bad. Inc. forum ban.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Cyphel.3659

LB is situational…but it does eat my little condi mancer they sit at 1500 and knock me around if I try and close the gap. I have another build idea, but I see that they nerfed Shelter’s – have to find a new farming rotation…

I saw a PAXA d/d ele last night! (on ele – using staff atm)I was fighting some ranger for the second time (his thief buddy ressed him previously…) then you lot come rolling from the side

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saint of Virtue.8329

Saint of Virtue.8329

I’ve played more WvW this week than most previous weeks combined. It’s been a lot of fun, so kudos to everyone that has been coming out.

BTW, I’ve been noticing more ET lately, Have you guys been getting a few more people coming out? Because that would be awesome.

Edited: That video of the “greatest player” is hilarious.

Reuna Thanauf
Leader of Reun Cala Roora (RCRO)
Proud Denravian… Most of the time.

(edited by Saint of Virtue.8329)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Right, cause I have control over guildies, nice try with the troll card but I’m sure we both know the truth of it. Might aswell say “because the ground is blue, what I say is right” cause that makes about as much sense. Let’s cut through all your bull smoke and forum awesomeness. 6-11est lemme know if you wanna have a go. I’d be happy for the entertainment, fun ether way.

If your aim is forum status keep it up brah, if not then ill see ya in game. I’m also done cluttering up this thread when it pertains to you. Not generally my style.

See ya on the field(don’t kitten out on me).

LOL, what? Did you just use the word brah??

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

I’ve always used Longbow, since launch. In fact, my ranger, who is my main, has never and will never even equip a shortbow. And everytime somebody has insisted LB sucks, I ended up kicking kitten . So I don’t know what people are talking about. ;P

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I miss Ajax since transferring. The resident troll is the funniest thing on ET. He even tells you to /ignore Ajax Blue!

The video is pretty hilarious but I could not watch the whole thing.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

Need to play the ele more in my off time to get the rust off.

No you’re just bad. Inc. forum ban.

Wait! Who are you again?

LavaFluxx – Ele

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts. Deedly deedly dee….

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Wait! Who are you again?

Oh no you di’unt!

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

Fight Club tonight!

SF Borderlands, by the windmill. 7pm EST.

Come show us how awesome you guys really are.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

Wait! Who are you again?

Oh no you di’unt!

Ur not banned yet hahaah.

LavaFluxx – Ele

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

LB/GS Ranger with PVT gear is tanky/evasive as all hell, and absolutely wrecks when focus firing. I love firing 5 on LB into a zerg, running in with a barrage, swapping, getting two rounds of auto-attacks of while evading tons of attacks with the 3 chain skill on auto attack of GS, and then dashing back out with 3. <3 dat mobility and control.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

LB/GS Ranger with PVT gear is tanky/evasive as all hell, and absolutely wrecks when focus firing. I love firing 5 on LB into a zerg, running in with a barrage, swapping, getting two rounds of auto-attacks of while evading tons of attacks with the 3 chain skill on auto attack of GS, and then dashing back out with 3. <3 dat mobility and control.

Not to rain on a parade, but LB/GS wrecks when in a zerg, or in a solo/2v2 fight…..other than that youre going to die as soon as you are focused.

Just so all you rangers in this thread are aware, YOU WILL be the PAXA 5 man’s target first just about 80% of the time. Hands down the easiest (along with staff ele) class to kill when focusing.

PAXA -GM

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Not to rain on a parade, but LB/GS wrecks when in a zerg, or in a solo/2v2 fight…..other than that youre going to die as soon as you are focused.

Just so all you rangers in this thread are aware, YOU WILL be the PAXA 5 man’s target first just about 80% of the time. Hands down the easiest (along with staff ele) class to kill when focusing.

No you’re right, it’s definitely situational. I find I hold my own in smaller roaming fights but yeah, if I am focused and not melee auto-attacking for the evasion, I have to gtfo quick. Luckily the 3 skill on GS has a decent cooldown for doing just that, and if I am near water at all, using 3 on the spear underwater puts me far ahead of any other prof, even Mesmers have trouble keeping up underwater.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts. Deedly deedly dee….

Mine are still bigger. >_>

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Cyphel.3659

Hands down the easiest (along with staff ele) class to kill when focusing.

Staff ele is lots of fun, but you are right, not so great when focused in the smaller fights. Fiery GS is nice for getting away, but I don’t like how I can’t move while casting it. 1 second is too long to be standing still when things go pear shaped lol

I have a different weapon set in mind for roaming. Hopefully I can give you a better run for your money my repair bill someday!

Sidenote: ty HoD for the epic fight, bags and our subsequent wipe at pang last evening – lots of fun!

(edited by Cyphel.3659)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Hey, where did that flame ram go?

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I think I know why ET has been so effective lately.

Not sure I even want to load a map now.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Still looking for that flame ram…

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

katz.8376

we left a flame ram in the middle of a camp in your honor the other day, man.

i LOLed so hard. XD

too bad we built it on HoD’s borders and not SFs… but still…

Attachments:

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

we left a flame ram in the middle of a camp in your honor the other day, man.

i LOLed so hard. XD

too bad we built it on HoD’s borders and not SFs… but still…

LOL, that is tooooo funny! And at night too, when the Almighty Flame Ram can really ignite the area!!

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

It really does feel like GS/LB ranger is slowly approaching FotM status, but since it’s sharing the spotlight with a gradual increase in SD/DD thief, it probably doesn’t feel like you’re suffocating in them like it did with pre-nerf DD eles and confusion mesmers.

Mildly matchup-related — just collecting some more on a bounty.

@katz: I almost got a certain HoD commander last night, but his 3am Pacific time zerg of 30 said no to me

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Cyphel.3659

Sorry, Whiteside Ridge used them all up:

Almost as good as SF’s BattleBoat, complete with treb, in our bay some months ago…lmao

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Fun fight night, keep it goin guys….Special shout out to the thief I dueled on my warrior, honestly the funnest fight I’ve had on my warrior since I leveled it up, and to the warrior who kept tryin…..you got a lot of moxy kid. Don’t take the losses too hard, I get my butt kicked plenty.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

katz.8376

It really does feel like GS/LB ranger is slowly approaching FotM status, but since it’s sharing the spotlight with a gradual increase in SD/DD thief, it probably doesn’t feel like you’re suffocating in them like it did with pre-nerf DD eles and confusion mesmers.

Mildly matchup-related — just collecting some more on a bounty.

@katz: I almost got a certain HoD commander last night, but his 3am Pacific time zerg of 30 said no to me

i r disappoint. 2 vids (and a few screenshots from others) of PK spikes, and i haven’t seen myself yet…

and don’t worry. you’ll get that commander eventually. he’s all glass.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pooka.3420

Pooka.3420

Great fight at Garrison on ET SF.. Sorry we had to grind your dreams : ( Great Fun Though!

Highbeams(Druid) Pooka Pook(Ranger) – Yaks Bend

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Pooka.3420

BTW.. Dont go to Fight Club here.. KING is downing people w/o reason. BS watches.. so its like a small group of people that are allowed to have fun.. You’d think ET would be more welcoming since there server is so light on people.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

BTW.. Dont go to Fight Club here.. KING is downing people w/o reason. BS watches.. so its like a small group of people that are allowed to have fun.. You’d think ET would be more welcoming since there server is so light on people.

If the guild KING is downing people, they deserve it. If BS is just sitting and watching, then they REALLY deserved it.

So w/e it is that you did to get stomped, you should probably stop.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Pooka.3420

? Kill people as a solo ranger

even If I did do anything.. Fight Club is a white flag zone.. everyone can be there.. You have a problem with it solo duel..

Otherwise.. No Respect.. No matter how good some internet person thinks your guild rep is.

(edited by Pooka.3420)

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

ranger

Deserved it.

I rest my case, your Honor.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

I Monk For L O V E.7528

even If I did do anything.. Fight Club is a white flag zone.. everyone can be there.. You have a problem with it solo duel..

Otherwise.. No Respect.. No matter how good some internet person thinks your guild rep is.

You sound mad bro, you mad?

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

katz.8376

it was kinda kitten for you (yes, you) to be runnin around spiking people. its against the fight-club etiquette. :-P

i wish i hadn’t lagged near the end of our little bout… was turning out to be interesting. i’d ask for a rematch, but my connection is crap on the weekends.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

Pooka.3420

Welcome to 5 years ago trolling ^ No comment on the topic.

5/31 - SF - ET - HoD

in Match-ups

I Monk For L O V E.7528

it was kinda kitten for you (yes, you) to be runnin around spiking people. its against the fight-club etiquette. :-P

i wish i hadn’t lagged near the end of our little bout… was turning out to be interesting. i’d ask for a rematch, but my connection is crap on the weekends.

Lol i never dueled you katz O.o
I did run around autoing 1 on you though :P