6/14 BP/SBI/AR

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

IF anyone from the [lost] Guild would like to have a open field GVG match against ALS just send me a message in game we can set this up.

You guys realize you can’t bring 60 people to a GvG, right? :P

Most BP can’t count to 60.. or past 10 for that matter. Everything past 10 is 60 or omergerd zerg….“how many?” 60!

Apparently AR can’t count to 60 either? “How many do we have?” 10!

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

(edited by Walabone.6713)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

So how did SBI beat AR last week?

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Redgrass.3067

Redgrass.3067

They had a pajama party on Wednesday night we couldn’t recover from. I think they pvd us to 0. Also Eternal was a problem for us throughout the week. That is where the hive mind is located.

Cmdr. Sinema Kane-80 Necro
Lil Bully-80 Thief

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJewpacabro.2907

TheJewpacabro.2907

Hey out of curiosity who is this awesome commander in ALS? I’m sure you in AR know him.

Never seen him.
Must be a nub.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

How’s that about 100 ppt tick been treating ya AR? Did you ever get bay back, was nicely upgrading when I logged :p hmmm pajama party one of the classic AR excuses for losing…still waiting for the “it was a PVE week” one too

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: brussel.8097

brussel.8097

I agree in large group tactics and believe in organized wvw. Glad to know BP does it too. Ive seen some of it, but what depth of coordination you guys do beyond a veil I’m not too clear.

From my experience on our BL, they seem to be very clear on their objectives – it’s very clear when they intend to hold a tower or keep, and they’re very good at getting back to defend. This speaks to a decent level of coordination at the macro level at least.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

The only thing more numerous than the baddies in this match up are the uplvled folk. Jeebus AR and BP are full of them! Do SBI have ridiculous amounts too? I’m not complaining, made the daily go quicker.

Also who was that Necro commander from [Lost] at AP on EB yesterday? Intriguing.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

Brussels thanks for that, haven’t gotten a chance to fight too many SBI bc I’ve made a nice home in AR BL but you guys are decent fights and sports from what I have seen! Seem pretty coordinated and determined when you want something and amuro yes everyone has up levels, the commander I can’t be sure of bc besides me everyone else has multiple lvl 80s so bit harder to track(got that engi love here)

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

We could handle IoJ and AR coming at us frequently in droves. Both servers were gunning for us, but IoJ’s numbers aren’t as numerous as BP’s, and so we could hold them at bay while we focused primarily on AR. This week, we haven’t even been able to keep a hold on our BL because of BP’s presence there, and AR, although not focusing primarily on us now, is still a thick presence in the mist that keeps us from having easy points. The real thing that has been keeping us from beating AR is that you guys are always in our BL, and have held our Hills for practically the entire week, stealing 25 ppt that we could be using to be ahead of AR. It’s a three-way match-up, and BP’s work on us limits our ability to deal with AR and so forth.

You guys (BP) have far higher numbers than other servers we’ve encountered, and way more than your server rank indicates. I am pretty confident that BP could go toe-to-toe with YB, for example, without issue, and that you’d probably have a better match-up with them and EB. I think a really good match-up for SBI / AR would be CD (although they just got some huge transfers, so this might no longer be true).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

AR imo has good duelist small group tactics and players. I think it’s due to being an spvp server. I know several sbi who were good in spvp transfer there for spvp. They do occasionally wvw too.

I have to say one AR on average is worth at least 2 SBI in small group situations. Ie. Anything less than 20.

Do you think any of this has to do with how players are spec’d? I ask because I know my guild has made efforts to spec for group dynamic, which leaves some at a disadvantage for small group tactics. We have had some take on small group specs with the intent of branching out from the zerg to take other objectives, and from what ive seen the do very good in small group skirmishes.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

How’s that about 100 ppt tick been treating ya AR? Did you ever get bay back, was nicely upgrading when I logged :p hmmm pajama party one of the classic AR excuses for losing…still waiting for the “it was a PVE week” one too

must feel pretty nice to be on a server that’s winning for once… money well spent huh? guess even a bandwagon win feels good. I remember stomping you guys down to +0 on nsp back in the day maybe that’s why you like trash talking ar so much?

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

They had a pajama party on Wednesday night we couldn’t recover from. I think they pvd us to 0. Also Eternal was a problem for us throughout the week. That is where the hive mind is located.

Must have been a early pajama party. Starting at 7 MST. The reason why we are struggling is we had a really bad start of the week. We did not expect BP to be as large as they are. This coupled with the fact that I think we are taking a break more this week.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Haha that’s what you’d like to think :P

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Jyeoi.6027

I agree in large group tactics and believe in organized wvw. Glad to know BP does it too. Ive seen some of it, but what depth of coordination you guys do beyond a veil I’m not too clear.

From my experience on our BL, they seem to be very clear on their objectives – it’s very clear when they intend to hold a tower or keep, and they’re very good at getting back to defend. This speaks to a decent level of coordination at the macro level at least.

Oh you’re talking objectives. I was talking coordination in combat. Like [RG] for instance.

I heard they are in JQ now… maybe I should get on my SoR acct to fight them hehe..

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

We qued 3-4 maps on reset night and then didn’t really show up for the next 3 days. I yelled at the server via our forums and the masses showed up that last 2+ days of the match- up. True story.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Jyeoi.6027

AR imo has good duelist small group tactics and players. I think it’s due to being an spvp server. I know several sbi who were good in spvp transfer there for spvp. They do occasionally wvw too.

I have to say one AR on average is worth at least 2 SBI in small group situations. Ie. Anything less than 20.

Do you think any of this has to do with how players are spec’d? I ask because I know my guild has made efforts to spec for group dynamic, which leaves some at a disadvantage for small group tactics. We have had some take on small group specs with the intent of branching out from the zerg to take other objectives, and from what ive seen the do very good in small group skirmishes.

That is true. AR guys seemed to be specced for small fights, individual roamer style.

And yes if you spec for group dynamic, the larger the group the more effective.

For SBI a lot are PvE spec. Lol. I kinda force those who run with me to make certain builds and use certain skills, even then it’s not fully adopted. Stubborn bunch!

If you like I could tell you more, but I’d prefer if you transferred hehe

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Jyeoi.6027

We qued 3-4 maps on reset night and then didn’t really show up for the next 3 days. I yelled at the server via our forums and the masses showed up that last 2+ days of the match- up. True story.

True true! Those PvE noobs! <3

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

All I can say about Anvil are nice things tbh. They have great roamers and havok teams. So often after them 2 vs 1 or 10 vs 1 me (caught off guard), they always show courtesy, bowing or kneeling.

As for BP, wow. Those numbers! SBI is severely underpopulated regardless of what others say. We are on at very specific times, have lots of mappers and SBI does like their blobs and zergs. We seem to prefer fights than holding towers etc. Personally I prefer staying at camps or building up towers and siege, a handful of us do that. But every server is different.

But every time I am on EB, i think wow BP has so many, go to SBI BL. Another 20-30 there. Go to BP BL. Another 20 there. Either that or awesome communication which I think to be the case as well.

SBI

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

True true! Those PvE noobs! <3

Yes but without those PvE noobs Yulo we would not have near the amount of numbers we have in WvW at times. Especially in EB. PvE noobs make great footman for trench style warfare.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

For SBI a lot are PvE spec. Lol. I kinda force those who run with me to make certain builds and use certain skills, even then it’s not fully adopted. Stubborn bunch!

If you like I could tell you more, but I’d prefer if you transferred hehe

I think this is true of BP as well. I see LOTS of players who seem to run PvE builds and play like they are in PvE. Glad to have them aboard but I do get frustrated sometimes with their poor siege placement.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

Know what feels better than winning? Killing AR scrubs(that excludes War and Crit btw)

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I actually ran into a few [SFH] towards the start of the week and thought you guys were pretty good. Best group I’ve seen from either AR or BP so far.

Thanks for the compliment. We certainly try to put up a good fight with our small guild (about 5 of us total) but we do get rolled occasionally. I have really enjoyed SBI this week because of the high number of camp/keep players guarding and roamers you have.

We have found good opponents on both servers such as the “vt” hammer guys who dropped us fast when they caught us strung out last night. I want a rematch!

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: General Secretary.3476

General Secretary.3476

Nice work BP, kind enough to enlight us on how you can sqeeze thru a closed gate?

Note: 2 + 1 pet goes thru before gate is down, see one body on floor on the right side.

With 10 men against 3, actually I think this is a bit overkill, what do you think?

Attachments:

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

All I can say about Anvil are nice things tbh. They have great roamers and havok teams. So often after them 2 vs 1 or 10 vs 1 me (caught off guard), they always show courtesy, bowing or kneeling.

As for BP, wow. Those numbers! SBI is severely underpopulated regardless of what others say. We are on at very specific times, have lots of mappers and SBI does like their blobs and zergs. We seem to prefer fights than holding towers etc. Personally I prefer staying at camps or building up towers and siege, a handful of us do that. But every server is different.

But every time I am on EB, i think wow BP has so many, go to SBI BL. Another 20-30 there. Go to BP BL. Another 20 there. Either that or awesome communication which I think to be the case as well.

Numbers and coordination might be getting confused here, for example last night when we were running out Zerg, we were defending AR bay (almost had a WP) from a 50+ AR Zerg they broke through the outer, we had 60 and we eventually pushed them out and locked the door. We had a whisper in TS saying 40 SBI moving to SBI hills (we had it fully upgraded, was being watched but not enough to defend) 60 ppl in teamspeak wp’d to hill in 5 seconds before it contested. We wiped half of them and had to pull back into the keep, and let the other defenders clean up, which they did, we had to WP to BP Bay (a diff ts whisper) as AR had 50+ (probably the group we fought 5 mins ago in AR bay) on the inner, we wp’d 60 people in ts In between contestants at bay, we wiped AR there, and we told the commander in play (had 10 or so with him) to close the outer and sweep, because we had to go to eternal to save overlook, SBI was on the inner.

Whether or not this was an organized double team, or just terrible luck, BP’s teamspeak saved 4 keeps, in all 4 maps in 20 minutes with 50+ hitting each keep, with us moving 60 people across 4 maps.

While most of you probably thought, dang they got 60 in every map! It was just us moving maps in a stressful manner, we were the 60 person reactionary force while 10 people per map (20-30 or so in EB) kept things secure and called us as needed

You can’t deny “skill and coordination” and just claim we throw numbers at the problem, were far more skilled and coordinated in our server then most of you give credit for.

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Must be nice to have people who will actually move maps. Our 60-70 in EB on a nightly basis refuse to move anywhere. I understand as it would require them to do more than auto-attack. Our commanders in EB generally refuse to address anything going on on any other map as well. We really are a split server. Those who play in EB are one server and then there is the rest of us.

The amount of times it has been stated in Map chat or in TS that we need more numbers elsewhere and it is completely ignored is kinda staggering. Even more so when EB is qued and we have 10-15 in our bordelands. My favorite is when people ask EB for help and they are berated in map chat. Many of us have simply stopped asking. Been addressed many times on our forums but nothing will change.

(edited by Gravy.7589)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: brussel.8097

brussel.8097

While most of you probably thought, dang they got 60 in every map! It was just us moving maps in a stressful manner, we were the 60 person reactionary force while 10 people per map (20-30 or so in EB) kept things secure and called us as needed

Thanks for the insight. You should also take credit for seiging the kitten out of anything you intend to hold. It’s real hard to make progress against equal numbers and massed AC’s

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

What Gravy speaks of is largely a consequence of having no real WvW guilds. We have guilds that show up in WvW, but never in serious force, and all of them are PvX and lack real motivation for major WvW coordination. Pubs will be pubs, and they are everywhere except on our TS, and they don’t really care to join when we tell them to.

Regardless of what makes BP successful, numbers or coordination or, more likely, a combination of the two, you guys are well suited to higher tiered opponents than SBI and AR.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

Most BP can’t count to 60.. or past 10 for that matter. Everything past 10 is 60 or omergerd zerg….“how many?” 60!

Ehhehehh…hehe..he… high five

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

You can’t deny “skill and coordination” and just claim we throw numbers at the problem, were far more skilled and coordinated in our server then most of you give credit for.

Yes I had a feeling that might have been the case, which is why I mentioned it. Now if more SBI would go on ts rather than the three that are on…

SBI

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Someone post a score update? If there is any need. It’s pretty clear who won this week.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

BP 161143 +475
AR 137254 +125
SBI 125465 +110

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

I actually spent all last night in EB because our BL commanders this week seem to be new guys who don’t know what they’re doing. On Monday, they focused on an outmanned AR group at their spawn point instead of going after BP in the SW tower trebbing bay or letting AR go after the tower since they had already started the siegerazer event. We lost bay about 20m later that night and most of the rest of the map shortly after.
I had fun with a moderate sized “zerg” in EB that managed to take out a large BP group with equal numbers and then successfully fend off another large AR group hoping to catch us off guard in the open field north of Anzalias Pass. And BP had a commander back at a sentry on the other side out of the action before AR showed. He then tried to run off when two of us spotted him. I hope he wasn’t the main groups commander if he’s not willing to lead them into the battle.

(edited by Ceres.4569)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

BP doesn’t really have a lot of numbers. We’re just good at splitting our numbers and calling for help from other BLs. Like right now, Kalkz and I took all of AR BL with 15 people, the same 15 that defended BP BL from SBI’s mini golem rush. We also had about 15 people in SBI BL taking everything there and nobody in Eternal or BP BL.

BPs best feature is all the commanders listen to each other. Eternal commander will come to home BL whenever anyone asks no matter who the commander is.

Edit: I can’t grammar.

Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Evilzara.6378)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Common now, I can see the native BP ppl talking some smack about us losing but you still haven’t earned those stripes. I guess it would actually make you terrible, because you have [lost] lol to AR several times.

Once you’ve been around for awhile then yeah you can talk about us losing to you, but don’t get ahead of yourself just yet.

PS: we were double teamed, outmanned, some dragon event, took a week off, didn’t want BURN/GOAT to leave so we threw it, played for second, and last but not least we were all in SPvP. There ya go excuses fulfilled.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

It’s a little of both. I think we have more people than either SBI or AR, but not as many as it probably appears. Half the nights I play I end up spending significant amounts of time on all 4 maps. We move around so much some nights and I can’t remember whose Bay we took, what keep we lost or which zerg we wiped or were wiped by.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

Ahh nutz your counter trolls once again prove the only ones I can respect and actually laugh at, touché my nemesis touché…though you did screw up the tag it’s [Lost]…or [Lynx] or [Jyst] ha now your really confused of who’s trolling you!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

We could handle IoJ and AR coming at us frequently in droves. Both servers were gunning for us, but IoJ’s numbers aren’t as numerous as BP’s, and so we could hold them at bay while we focused primarily on AR. This week, we haven’t even been able to keep a hold on our BL because of BP’s presence there, and AR, although not focusing primarily on us now, is still a thick presence in the mist that keeps us from having easy points. The real thing that has been keeping us from beating AR is that you guys are always in our BL, and have held our Hills for practically the entire week, stealing 25 ppt that we could be using to be ahead of AR. It’s a three-way match-up, and BP’s work on us limits our ability to deal with AR and so forth.

You guys (BP) have far higher numbers than other servers we’ve encountered, and way more than your server rank indicates. I am pretty confident that BP could go toe-to-toe with YB, for example, without issue, and that you’d probably have a better match-up with them and EB. I think a really good match-up for SBI / AR would be CD (although they just got some huge transfers, so this might no longer be true).

Even if its true, don’t be telling them they have numbers, they don’t take to kindly to that. SBI and AR are just not on BP’s skill level. They do have numbers, but I think its more of a “hey look were fighting AR” so more come out for the fun, we do have a long history.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

airstu.2579

The guarantee of free loot bags does increase the response to “fighting AR” calls.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

Shinies? I like shinies! AR drop pretty shinies, lots of shinies!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

Ahh nutz your counter trolls once again prove the only ones I can respect and actually laugh at, touché my nemesis touché…though you did screw up the tag it’s [Lost]…or [Lynx] or [Jyst] ha now your really confused of who’s trolling you!

Aparently I am, been to busy at work this week to play the forum games, I’ll do my best to chime in when I can.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

People asked about the different levels of zoom in the game, and what they look like for various reasons. So I uploaded 2 screen shots.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1014571_10100381928958529_316332088_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1025545_10100381928669109_1697770479_o.jpg

One higher zoom, and one regular.

The game is much more beautiful with higher zoom. I couldn’t stand playing that way though. The depth blur from it makes my head pound like crazy. This does apply to wvw though, for example placing an ac targeting area.

Can you get the higher zoom without hacking? For example, if you play on 3 monitors, do you get that level of zoom by default?

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

The guarantee of free loot bags does increase the response to “fighting AR” calls.

We felt the same way about NSP, but it got to the point where we had to hit a vendor every 5 min, very annoying running out of bag space.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

airstu.2579

Funny, I burnt through a ton of “instant merchants” whenever we played AR. I was happy to find out that this continued upon our arrival in BP. Apparently the only thing which has changed are the excuses for losing coming second.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

Funny, I burnt through a ton of “instant merchants” whenever we played AR. I was happy to find out that this continued upon our arrival in BP. Apparently the only thing which has changed are the excuses for losing coming second.

LOLOL +1

Stormbluff Isle

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

I’m sure you did go through a ton of merchants, all that PvE while you guys were throwing the match because you couldn’t cut it must have filled your bags fast. I personally wouldn’t brag about that though, this is a WvW forum after all.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

I will say I am happy you folks found some coat tails to ride though, now you actually show up in WvW. /high five

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Must be nice to have people who will actually move maps. Our 60-70 in EB on a nightly basis refuse to move anywhere.

I feel your pain! Dem SBI EB’ers zerged us to the ground a few times last night. So many of them! And yet your BLs felt empty :\

Edit: I can’t grammar.

0 grammars has you.

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

What is this PVE thing you speak of Nutz?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

Its a magical place full of unicorns and munchkins. But I shouldn’t have to explain that to you, I’m sure you have been [Lost] there on several occasions.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

Sounds attrotious, AR BL is much nicer especially within a bay, plenty if places to swim, mountain too areas, BASE jumping, the friendly neighborhood guards, and beautiful trees, oh I forgot the great inner area for compact tight guild parties that tend to leave the place a mess

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)