dunnberry.2964

No I saw you only had the first part, -1 troll point for editing

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Or +1 for trolling you without you knowing you were about to be trolled.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

Or +1 for trolling you without you knowing you were about to be trolled.

Trollception.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Must be nice to have people who will actually move maps. Our 60-70 in EB on a nightly basis refuse to move anywhere. I understand as it would require them to do more than auto-attack. Our commanders in EB generally refuse to address anything going on on any other map as well. We really are a split server. Those who play in EB are one server and then there is the rest of us.

The amount of times it has been stated in Map chat or in TS that we need more numbers elsewhere and it is completely ignored is kinda staggering. Even more so when EB is qued and we have 10-15 in our bordelands. My favorite is when people ask EB for help and they are berated in map chat. Many of us have simply stopped asking. Been addressed many times on our forums but nothing will change.

And this right here is the problem, and also why you guys are so behind. We’ve gotten more points out of Shadaran Hills then you have ever gotten from Stonemist castle. And since its a stacking thing (We gain 25 points, you lose 25 points, 50 point differential) that becomes a serious issue as the hours drag on.

Even more problematic, Hills now has a huge blob of 1700 supply in it. Makes sudden attacks on your borderland much simpler. Just bring a zerg in, run it over the depot and hit your garrison Southeast gate before you even know the map is qued or under attack. No dithering around with supply camps to give advance warning.

In the great patriotic war against Ehmry Bay, we learned that Eternal is nice to control, but the war is won in the borderlands. And if you get a keep, especially one as defensible as hills, you try and hold it. Its not that there is any more or less of us then you guys. There have been several times its been just me and a couple other folks in Hills. In fact, I think SBI probably has more people then we do, because when you make your pushes on hills, we need to pull people from all other maps (including eternal) to throw you back. Your problem is your folks don’t leave eternal as its your primary focus. Borlis however, does not care too much about eternal (but if you attack Overlook you will draw the fury) Most of our people are in your borderland or Anvils. We flip Stonmist to destroy the waypoint but we don’t get hung up on hanging onto it.

Shadaran Hills however, you will have to pry from our cold dead hands.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

People asked about the different levels of zoom in the game, and what they look like for various reasons. So I uploaded 2 screen shots.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1014571_10100381928958529_316332088_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1025545_10100381928669109_1697770479_o.jpg

One higher zoom, and one regular.

The game is much more beautiful with higher zoom. I couldn’t stand playing that way though. The depth blur from it makes my head pound like crazy. This does apply to wvw though, for example placing an ac targeting area.

Can you get the higher zoom without hacking? For example, if you play on 3 monitors, do you get that level of zoom by default?

Yes, but in that case it still isn’t enough. I took those with a large monitor and still had to window resize to give an example. There are people who use something that zooms them out like they are fighting a boss so they can stay in a “regular” window and still see that much though.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Funny, I burnt through a ton of “instant merchants” whenever we played AR. I was happy to find out that this continued upon our arrival in BP. Apparently the only thing which has changed are the excuses for losing coming second.

LOLOL +1

8 months into the game, only nubs pick up bags.

-K

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

I wanna shake your hand for blowing my mind that much nutz

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

Lost, and the other transfers as of late are not an outsider in BP, they are as much of BP as any other guild and they have adapted to our community and our ways of wvw exceptionally fast, so yes they have earned the rights to say “were beating you”

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

False, but then again only my opinion matters.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

Can you get the higher zoom without hacking? For example, if you play on 3 monitors, do you get that level of zoom by default?

you can see exactly what would happen by pressing Alt-Enter to switch your game from fullscreen to windowed mode. then resize your window so it’s really wide but not very tall, as if you had 3 monitors. or heck, 5 or 7 monitors if that’s what you want.

if you do that, you will discover that it actually doesn’t help that much when you’re close to a structure. it widens your field of view so you can see more stuff at once without moving your camera, but it doesn’t actually make previously-invisible things visible.

in particular, making the window really really wide won’t let you see over a wall to let you shoot an arrow cart at something inside. doing that requires you to zoom your camera out far enough that the camera is well above the wall, which is what allows you to see over the top of it.

in order to see behind a wall, you need hacks / exploits — those can do things regular panoramic views can’t, and those are the things that need to be vigorously reported to arenanet any time you see them.

try the windowed mode thing yourself so you know what is possible that way, and what’s not possible. and anything that’s not possible, REPORT.

(the exception to seeing behind walls is if there’s any kind of hole that you can see through, such as the gap above a gate. don’t confuse people targeting through the gap above a gate as hackers).

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

GSSBlunaspike.4153

you can see exactly what would happen by pressing Alt-Enter to switch your game from fullscreen to windowed mode. then resize your window so it’s really wide but not very tall, as if you had 3 monitors. or heck, 5 or 7 monitors if that’s what you want.

if you do that, you will discover that it actually doesn’t help that much when you’re close to a structure. it widens your field of view so you can see more stuff at once without moving your camera, but it doesn’t actually make previously-invisible things visible.

in particular, making the window really really wide won’t let you see over a wall to let you shoot an arrow cart at something inside. doing that requires you to zoom your camera out far enough that the camera is well above the wall, which is what allows you to see over the top of it.

in order to see behind a wall, you need hacks / exploits — those can do things regular panoramic views can’t, and those are the things that need to be vigorously reported to arenanet any time you see them.

try the windowed mode thing yourself so you know what is possible that way, and what’s not possible. and anything that’s not possible, REPORT.

(the exception to seeing behind walls is if there’s any kind of hole that you can see through, such as the gap above a gate. don’t confuse people targeting through the gap above a gate as hackers).

-ken

This isn’t true at all, and I demonstrated this earlier today. I can upload some screen shots of it right now if you want?

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7550/mubv.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1025634_10100382873311039_1463426010_o.jpg

Everything is the same except the size of the window

With one of those I can’t see to shoot past the wall, with the other I can. This was at red keep water gate and is just an example, not something I do.

Also it’s more like a fish eye than just a fov widening. At least to me, but as you can see you can infact see, and target areas you wouldn’t normall be able to. I can show another example outside in a keep. You can use it to hit areas you can’t normally see to hit.

The only way I can see to fix it would be to enforce at most a certain ratio. If you have the monitor for it you can shrink it down to about ~30:1 as it is now.

edit Just did some more outside, and if I don’t get an infraction for those I will upload more showing that it does allow you to see and place in areas you normally can’t.

A few more modest examples
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6669/wa9u.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8795/vrcl.jpg

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fxncy.2398

Fxncy.2398

Good fights and good match up but why do all the BP forum warriors claim to have queued ARBL..? You cannot tell if it is queued for us AND we never queue anything. The only time we queue a map is when we do big guild events and pull all the guilds together. Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but you all seem to pat yourself on the backs way too much. Can’t you just play the game and have some fun without ruining it for everyone else..?

Attachments:

Kae – Maguuma
Brorannosaurus [Rekz] & Less Talkin More [Sekz]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

You came second that week too.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Good fights and good match up but why do all the BP forum warriors claim to have queued ARBL..?

Because people talk across servers all the time. I party chat with AR and SBI regularly particularly after a good fight.

Players can also see the out manned buff on enemies so a lot of the “we were out manned” statements often fall on deaf ears since the other server usually knows.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

Good fights and good match up but why do all the BP forum warriors claim to have queued ARBL..?

Because people talk across servers all the time. I party chat with AR and SBI regularly particularly after a good fight.

Players can also see the out manned buff on enemies so a lot of the “we were out manned” statements often fall on deaf ears since the other server usually knows.

Friday night about 10:00 EST we had a Que for AR BL, that is the only Que we have had this week, unless we were Que’d in the middle of the day while everyones working which is doubtful. It doesn’t really matter anyways, as for the seeing outmanned buff, I thought I read it was changed so enemy players cannot see it, maybe its in an upcoming patch.

I could sit here and tell you BP outnumbers both the other servers until I’m blue in the face but you guys won’t accept it, even SBI has mentioned this. We deal with it, I personally don’t care about being outnumbered its part of the game and its good for BP, it definately helps your server. Theres nothing wrong with it but don’t deny its a factor.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Friday night about 10:00 EST we had a Que for AR BL, that is the only Que we have had this week, unless we were Que’d in the middle of the day while everyones working which is doubtful. It doesn’t really matter anyways, as for the seeing outmanned buff, I thought I read it was changed so enemy players cannot see it, maybe its in an upcoming patch.

I could sit here and tell you BP outnumbers both the other servers until I’m blue in the face but you guys won’t accept it, even SBI has mentioned this. We deal with it, I personally don’t care about being outnumbered its part of the game and its good for BP, it definately helps your server. Theres nothing wrong with it but don’t deny its a factor.

No, BP provides screen shots proving it isn’t true. Of course who cares about silly things like proof here.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

And yet BP has the lowest population of the 3 servers (we will be medium again in a couple days) we just know how to manage our server, we keep people entertained through 20 omega golem rushes, pink Zergs (expect a pink Zerg Thursday night, don’t die to it
BP has a low server population but still trumps you guys in wvw numbers (but not by too much, but enough to manAge with)

Our teamspeak is the first and foremost reason with o success in numbers, broadcadting surround sound music in a ts channel while able to listen to everyone at the sme time really keeps people up late, it excels the servers longevity and keeps everyone entertained, 90% of the server uses our teamspeak, once they join it they never leave.

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I don’t know with any certainty that it is a factor. If there is data on server size (outside of very broad categories of high/very high), and more specifically on wvw size, I’ve never seen it. So all I would have to go off of is the limited perspective I personally have in the limited window I play.

It certainly ‘feels’ like we outnumber AR, judging from our many matches, but SBI is harder to judge at this point in time. They can pull down some pretty large groups at times, so are they just limiting themselves to one map whereas BP jumps to make our presence felt more? I don’t know.

I do know that numbers do matter, and when you are continually on the losing end of that it sucks.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

This isn’t true at all, and I demonstrated this earlier today. I can upload some screen shots of it right now if you want?

I totally stand corrected then. when I tried this myself the first time I never made the window any wider than it would have been with 3 widescreen monitors side-by-side (a 48:9 aspect ratio). and sized that way, you can’t usually see anything especially useful (a little bit extra, but not enough to explain some of the crazy things I’ve seen).

but sized down to the equivalent of 5, 7 or 9 monitors side-by-side, you can. once you get about 7 monitors wide, there’s pretty much nothing you can’t see, in certain spots. so unfortunately this doesn’t always have to be a hack. but there are certain spots you can’t see over no matter how wide the window (for example, you cannot shoot into the courtyard of the SW borderland tower from just north of the balcony behind the lord room without zoom hacks, no matter how wide your window).

so I still encourage people to try this themselves, and if they see behavior they can’t reproduce themselves without hacks, to report it.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Snowreap.5174)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

The amount of times it has been stated in Map chat or in TS that we need more numbers elsewhere and it is completely ignored is kinda staggering. Even more so when EB is qued and we have 10-15 in our bordelands. My favorite is when people ask EB for help and they are berated in map chat. Many of us have simply stopped asking. Been addressed many times on our forums but nothing will change.

Wow, that’s pretty bad, I’ve yet to see someone getting chewed out for asking for help defending, that’s definitely not something you want settling into the server’s culture. I wish I could tell you a way to stress to your peeps the importance of home map for the reasons stated by Aeros and also from a morale standpoint. I guess you guys could to try to consolidate those pugs into some WvWvW centric guilds, it’ll help getting them on Teamspeak as well.

SBI seems to come out in sporadic waves, one min your storming up and down the maps and then you instantaneously vanish and your home map has tumbleweeds, it’s weird.

Whispers with meat.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

So what’s the bounty in AR right now for my corpse?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

GSSBlunaspike.4153

lol well now that we’ve got this one won we can start having fun.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I totally stand corrected then. when I tried this myself the first time I never made the window any wider than it would have been with 3 widescreen monitors side-by-side (a 48:9 aspect ratio). and sized that way, you can’t usually see anything especially useful (a little bit extra, but not enough to explain some of the crazy things I’ve seen).

but sized down to the equivalent of 5, 7 or 9 monitors side-by-side, you can. once you get about 7 monitors wide, there’s pretty much nothing you can’t see, in certain spots. so unfortunately this doesn’t always have to be a hack. but there are certain spots you can’t see over no matter how wide the window (for example, you cannot shoot into the courtyard of the SW borderland tower from just north of the balcony behind the lord room without zoom hacks, no matter how wide your window).

so I still encourage people to try this themselves, and if they see behavior they can’t reproduce themselves without hacks, to report it.

-ken

Oh there is a hack going around absolutely. I didn’t mean to come off as a kitten. You can actually go smaller than what I posted above and it will clip through walls. I don’t think the game was designed to handle situations like that. Other than enforcing an aspect ratio I don’t think there is anything they can do about the screen resizing.

As for the hack yeah it is very annoying. I hope they do catch the people using it and ban the hell out of them.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

There’s no bounty, were just hoping to get some invites to that party you were talking about earlier in bay.

Although if its AR bay you should definately supply the drinks.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

1 copper, I am now broke QQ

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

Sorry we drank all the whiskey already in bay, it didn’t go we’ll with all the zhaifity we ate

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Charr streaking through sm, lol this is pretty fun. Almost made a full lap that time =P

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

And yet BP has the lowest population of the 3 servers (we will be medium again in a couple days) we just know how to manage our server, we keep people entertained through 20 omega golem rushes, pink Zergs (expect a pink Zerg Thursday night, don’t die to it
BP has a low server population but still trumps you guys in wvw numbers (but not by too much, but enough to manAge with)

Our teamspeak is the first and foremost reason with o success in numbers, broadcadting surround sound music in a ts channel while able to listen to everyone at the sme time really keeps people up late, it excels the servers longevity and keeps everyone entertained, 90% of the server uses our teamspeak, once they join it they never leave.

rofl…

Not sure if serious

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

Sorry we drank all the whiskey already in bay, it didn’t go we’ll with all the zhaifity we ate

Its ok I’ll bring cool-aid, it would be rude if you all didn’t drink it.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Razgriz.2590

Razgriz.2590

Actually Since someone mentioned their server mainly in Eternal I have to say we used to be like that. I remember doing nothing for 2 months but staying in eternal and kinda laughing to myself whenever people wanted help in our BL or another one, but I feel like when we finally got out of the Maguuma match up is when I noticed some of tkitten commanders finally moving around. I would see we had absolutely no commanders in EB and that was weird so I would check the BLs to see who was there.

I think I went off in a direction I wasn’t expecting

Tl;Dr: all I remember of borlis my first 2 months were us in EB

Borlis Pass
Norgy lvl 80 Guardian
Guild: Hunting Hunters[HH]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

AR play for first? Best joke I’ve heard all day

Strong words coming from the server who is incapable of taking anything major on our bl and is scared kittenless of us in the open field… Go back to SBI bl while they are not playing to make yourself feel better about you points.

Forgive me, but this is the only post I have read up to in this forum so far (I was away and have been catching up) but I had to quote this for lulz I’ll get back to reading the thread now.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

rofl…

Not sure if serious

sadly. .. he is.

-K

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

Fun times in ARBL tonite, high five to all involved. Commanded for 4 hours straight and enjoyed every minute.

Special call out to my loyal zerg who followed me all night, without you i’m just a guy with a blue hat.

-K

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

Really fun long fight in SBI borderland right outside hills, lasted at least 10-15 minutes with 30+ each side, admire SBIs determination and resolve to stand and fight for so long, though we did end up wiping them

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Aeros.2046

Really fun long fight in SBI borderland right outside hills, lasted at least 10-15 minutes with 30+ each side, admire SBIs determination and resolve to stand and fight for so long, though we did end up wiping them

Over and over again. I told you SBI. You are going to pry shadaran hills from our cold dead hands, and I did not die. As for the SBI blob in Eternal, I also recall saying if you touch overlook keep you will bring the fury. Well, you touched it, and you all died. I love how we went from outmanned to qued in eternal in about 2 minutes. I also feel some major satisfaction from that, especially since this same karma farming blob interrupted my guild doing its weekly tree time. Just for that I stayed in eternal longer then I wanted too in order to make you work for Anzalius and and Mendons before going back to the borderlands. Was fun to come back at the end of my evening to wipe your karma farm at overlook. Yes, we can pull numbers to eternal if we choose to and wipe you all. Stick to what you you are good at, flipping wooden towers. I hope all those golems were paid for with badges and not gold.

In fact, I hope you did pay with gold because while you were karma farming, your server was trying to do the right thing by kicking us out of Shadaran Hills and you left them to our tender mercies. It was the saddest thing I ever saw, when 70+ SBI came by my guild group in Anzalius and Mendons Gap, since they had to know full well their server was at that very moment fighting, (and failing) to clean their borderland. You have held Stonemist Castle for almost the entire week, and yet you are in last place and have lost over 80 ranking points. Tonight I saw why. I must say SBI, your commanders who do exclusively eternal to the detriment of all else are killing your server. I hope you have as much disdain for them as I do tonight. Take solace though, after they left you to fail at Shadaran Hills we killed them all at Overlook. The funny thing was they probably expected it to work too, since we had been consistently outmanned in eternal all night. I guess the concept that waypoints can be used to switch map is alien to SBI’s eternal commanders because man were they melted fast. I had to sell twice before I could pick up all my loot.

I am posting the above with the utmost sincerity. Far be it from me to give advice, but SBI, if you don’t want to get buried into tier 7, you need to realize Eternal is not the only map.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I could sit here and tell you BP outnumbers both the other servers until I’m blue in the face but you guys won’t accept it, even SBI has mentioned this.

Several people including myself agree BP has more numbers most of the time over AR. I think we have more coverage than SBI but they can field a larger force at various times of the day. Scores usually reflect population in every tier. I think SBI has a higher population than AR but BP focused SBI early on since they came from a higher tier so their score suffered early on.

I believe the “more skilled” argument is virtually impossible to prove. Most people think their server fields better players than their competition and the only reason they are losing is because of numbers. IMO, the average player is just that average and that average probably doesn’t change much across servers.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark Slayer.6251

Dark Slayer.6251

Over and over again. I told you SBI. You are going to pry shadaran hills from our cold dead hands, and I did not die. As for the SBI blob in Eternal, I also recall saying if you touch overlook keep you will bring the fury. Well, you touched it, and you all died. I love how we went from outmanned to qued in eternal in about 2 minutes. I also feel some major satisfaction from that, especially since this same karma farming blob interrupted my guild doing its weekly tree time. Just for that I stayed in eternal longer then I wanted too in order to make you work for Anzalius and and Mendons before going back to the borderlands. Was fun to come back at the end of my evening to wipe your karma farm at overlook. Yes, we can pull numbers to eternal if we choose to and wipe you all. Stick to what you you are good at, flipping wooden towers. I hope all those golems were paid for with badges and not gold.

In fact, I hope you did pay with gold because while you were karma farming, your server was trying to do the right thing by kicking us out of Shadaran Hills and you left them to our tender mercies. It was the saddest thing I ever saw, when 70+ SBI came by my guild group in Anzalius and Mendons Gap, since they had to know full well their server was at that very moment fighting, (and failing) to clean their borderland. You have held Stonemist Castle for almost the entire week, and yet you are in last place and have lost over 80 ranking points. Tonight I saw why. I must say SBI, your commanders who do exclusively eternal to the detriment of all else are killing your server. I hope you have as much disdain for them as I do tonight. Take solace though, after they left you to fail at Shadaran Hills we killed them all at Overlook. The funny thing was they probably expected it to work too, since we had been consistently outmanned in eternal all night. I guess the concept that waypoints can be used to switch map is alien to SBI’s eternal commanders because man were they melted fast. I had to sell twice before I could pick up all my loot.

I am posting the above with the utmost sincerity. Far be it from me to give advice, but SBI, if you don’t want to get buried into tier 7, you need to realize Eternal is not the only map.

SBI is a casual server full of a bunch of random small guilds and pugs. We have a few dedicated hardcore players but mainly we play for fun. This has been a great match up. Much props for holding our hills all week, nice tactics and server communication but you dont have to gloat over it.

You guys are obviously better organized then us. If you want some good fights come too eb. We will have fun grinding all your guilds into the dirt as we have all week.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Aeros.2046

SBI is a casual server full of a bunch of random small guilds and pugs. We have a few dedicated hardcore players but mainly we play for fun. This has been a great match up. Much props for holding our hills all week, nice tactics and server communication but you dont have to gloat over it.

You guys are obviously better organized then us. If you want some good fights come too eb. We will have fun grinding all your guilds into the dirt as we have all week.

I am not gloating. Merely pointing out that we don’t have to come to eternal. In fact we don’t usually unless you decide to take your karma train to overlook. The reason it seems so easy to you is because you don’t leave it. Why should we come fight you in eternal? We are winning without it. I wonder if this excuse goes over well with those shell shocked individuals that have tried to actually kick us out of Hills. Try taking the karma train to the borderlands, that is where the war is. Eternal is a side show. I can promise you hours of mayhem, death and destruction, all over one position on the map. But that is also not condusive for karma farming.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark Slayer.6251

Dark Slayer.6251

I am not gloating. Merely pointing out that we don’t have to come to eternal. In fact we don’t usually unless you decide to take your karma train to overlook. The reason it seems so easy to you is because you don’t leave it. Why should we come fight you in eternal? We are winning without it. I wonder if this excuse goes over well with those shell shocked individuals that have tried to actually kick us out of Hills. Try taking the karma train to the borderlands, that is where the war is. Eternal is a side show. I can promise you hours of mayhem, death and destruction, all over one position on the map. But that is also not condusive for karma farming.

Because 90% of our server doesent care if we win, we are here too have fun and kick butt and thats what we do in eb.
Oh im not falling for that death trap. You guys just sit behind arrow carts, cannons, trebs and other siege until you have killed ~50% of us then wipe the rest of us up. Good tactics but very cowardly.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

Irony, watching a BP Char laugh at a warrior that took 5+ to down, said warrior then respawns, runs into the 5+ BP and downs the kitten Char and runs to safety. I giggled watching this. I’m sure theres a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Thanks BP. Your insights on our weaknesses are accurate. I hope that the points drive home harder because they are coming from an opponent.

Also as BP has demonstrated, effective use of TS is key to coordination. On average NA prime time has about 40+ on TS. Spread over different maps and different activities. Could use more usage.

Servers like JQ, SoR all utilize their server Teamspeak. Entire WvW guilds use their server Teamspeak over their own guild ones. This hurdle has to be crossed if you want to be successful.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: SirV.7245

SirV.7245

Fun times today in AR BL. With even numbers, you guys couldn’t taken back bay that had 0 supply which also was getting treb from garrison. But at the same time SBI was attacking briar and vale for a long while. But we still held our ground.

Kudos to all those at BP that helped and held Bay. Especially when we had to risked it pushing into AR’s treb. If AR knew how to defend those treb properly and wiped us in the process, it woulda been game over for us, luckily they didn’t.

FanisaDream – Mesmer – [Lost]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Nuzt.7894

Fun times today in AR BL. With even numbers, you guys couldn’t taken back bay that had 0 supply which also was getting treb from garrison. But at the same time SBI was attacking briar and vale for a long while. But we still held our ground.

Kudos to all those at BP that helped and held Bay. Especially when we had to risked it pushing into AR’s treb. If AR knew how to defend those treb properly and wiped us in the process, it woulda been game over for us, luckily they didn’t.

Of course they were even numbers, about 15 min ago there was 9 AR at garri moving on bay, and 4 when you had the AC and balista up. Maybe that changed in the 15 min it took me to drive home from work, but the very fact that you felt the need to say even numbers shows you were insecure about that fact. But I will give credit where it is due, you held off 9 ppl, you should be proud.

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Have to laugh at this guy ranting pretty much just because his smaller guild group got wiped by SBI’s EB zerg. It’s been explained several times but I’ll say it again to see if it gets through. A LOT of SBIers do not care about winning the match-up. Yes, that is frustrating for those of who do, but unfortunately it is the truth. The majority of those zergs are pugs/karma trains/PVErs or whatever you want to call them. It is a huge zerg because the aforementioned join up with zee EB team who are actually there for PPT.

EB is the easiest to roll (for karma, lvling, etc) with a big zerg because other servers playing for points know it’s more important to defend your BLs and have most of their numbers there. That’s why SBI will often have a huge EB zerg rather than focusing on BLs, and it all comes back to the fact that we lack dedicated WVWers compared to our opponents. It’s pretty obvious if you’ve been in a match-up with us, just look at what happens in EB throughout the week.

The funniest part is when people (who have been rolled by the zerg) come here and tell us what we already know and act like they are the first to notice.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Oh and consider it pried.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

GSSBlunaspike.4153

A LOT of SBIers do not care about winning the match-up.

Good, because you don’t seem to be able to. I just don’t understand how you guys got higher ranked than bp, or ar. Nothing against you personally but as for wvw both are above you in tactics alone.

Oh and consider it pried.

We got asked to help on eb, but only had 7 people to fight the ar/sbi. Not saying you guys were allied, just that you were fighting our guards together and not fighting each other =P. Either way we still held out. Just don’t have the numbers to compete. It’s cool though, we still win this week =)

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

No serious attempt was ever made on Bay. We were using Bay as a farm. Did you notice how many times we wiped you between Bay/Garry? The attacks on Bay were there to keep you low on supplies and focused on Bay. Meanwhile, I dunno.. we took Hills.

-K

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

Of course they were even numbers, about 15 min ago there was 9 AR at garri moving on bay, and 4 when you had the AC and balista up. Maybe that changed in the 15 min it took me to drive home from work, but the very fact that you felt the need to say even numbers shows you were insecure about that fact. But I will give credit where it is due, you held off 9 ppl, you should be proud.

lol. wut? He was talking about 3am WvW? what the hell BP! You guys brag about day capping our BL and defending bay @ 3am vs 15 folks… what next? bragging about flipping our upgraded camps?

-K

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

I care about winning. Jic does too. Wraith, Krash etc. I could go on.

Thing is we see so much noobness if we try to correct it all, we’d all go bald. (no offense to bald guys)

We try to help in ways we can but our patience has limits too and sadly a lot of it has been reached, so they just go along.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

6/14 BP/SBI/AR

in Match-ups

dunnberry.2964

Oh boy where to start…nutz, you say BP always underestimates our numbers and such, that was a lot more than 9 people attacking and trebling bay especially since their were orange sword multiple times…Kodak your just such an over zealous prick and pretty much exemplify what most people hate about AR and ALS….lmfao at “wiping” us between bay and garri, you mean attacking/ charging at the wall and killing. 2 -3 people with 20-30 than running off again and occasionally coming in bay and killing a few forward scouts? Ya that’s definitely wiping us, maybe when we tried to ac the teens down first was only time we wiped, most of the time all I saw when we put any numbers of decent size out there was the big ole backs of ALS that we are all used to seeing….ya how long did hills take you to get back last night? And oh ya sorry like 60-70 people hitting it with omegas and alphas along with regular siege and the keep that’s opposite of our spawn with SBI attacking us when trying to get in the south, great job there just fantastic I doubt BP could ever do that…

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)