6/14 DB / Mag / FA

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

I’m seeing some folks in other threads saying they just transferred off Maguuma.

Small exodus to help Mag drop a tier?

Probably people tired of the crap match ups any server above t5 will be thrown into freaking weekly, I don’t think it’d be enough to drop a tier, Also, we only told people to leave once so we could drop and a tier, and those were useless fairweathers that propelled us to t3, who promptly ran away when we sounded got destroyed by I think kain or db the next week.
As a sidenote got some good roaming done yesterday on FABL, the only 1v1 I could convince either of the servers to get was a brilliant uplevel thief who as I was walking dived at me lighting hammer in hand, he died but I let him res because for the last hour every freaking player was a little zergling who were running from 3v1’s because obviously fighting doodz is less important than fighting doors.
Props to the [CRW] or…[CWR] thief, I wasn’t expecting p/d thief to be so strong anymore, god that was wrecking me up, seemed almost like a hard counter to what I was running at the time, good fights whoever you are, I didn’t want to have to hard down you the first time but you put me into downed and kept attacking :’(
This is me roaming against the only kind of fight I could get against TFV last night, pretty much anything less and they ran off to punch more doors.

Attachments:

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

…to be honest, this is actually less hostile than the T7 threads I was in. ^^;

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

And the whole idea about switching the system to create pure garbage is making people play other MMOs right now.

No kidding. Gotta say, this game isn’t nearly as bad as I was lead to believe.

And I am one sexy beast.

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackAngel.1349

BlackAngel.1349

We learned some new things against JQ and BG last week. Mostly we learned that our server is mostly fairweathers.

i don’t underastand how you can expect anything else with being the new bandwagon server. it has been the case with every other bandwagon server as soon as the easy wins stop the new people don’t show up anymore. why did you think this wasnt the case with db to make this some sort of suprise?

Funny you should say that the new people don’t show up since the new guilds mostly on in their respective time periods: RE, CO, Agg, Omen, and Fire all do their work even when we’re having a bad match so your point is moot.

Glaedr Darksbane

(edited by BlackAngel.1349)

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

If you see a short bald Norn engineer from an obscure guild (MGA) roaming during mid-day NA time on weekdays, I will 1v1 you. I’ll probably lose (see my sig), but if I run away half-way through the fight, take it as a win because it means I’m on a mission and don’t want to respawn.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Man Slauterer.5984

Man Slauterer.5984

…to be honest, this is actually less hostile than the T7 threads I was in. ^^;

That’s because we’ve given up against these match-ups, and our last thread actually got deleted for excessive abuse and negativity

Man Slauterer-Leader of [Stab]-Maguuma
quad core i7 2.2GHz 8gb ram 64 bit Windows 7 Premium

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

pixieish.9627

If you see a short bald Norn engineer…

Does not compute! Error! Error!

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

If you see a short bald Norn engineer…

Does not compute! Error! Error!

Relatively short. I didn’t want to attract too much focus in small groups.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

BlackAngel.1349

I’m just going to say something on behalf of DB to those saying that we can only fight with a larger zerg. Countless times last week while following Aggression [Agg] we (not more than 30, sometimes not even 25 since we didn’t even cross up if we hit worm) clean wiped groups (because a 40 man group is not a zerg ladies, you’ll find out what a zerg is when you see a full queue coming at you) 10-15 men larger than ours. What I’m trying to say is that even if you have a relatively smaller group, you can still come out on top with proper communication.

Also, my guild usually runs havoc of about 10-12 members and we usually wipe groups of about 15-18, so don’t despair unless you are completely and totally outnumbered (2:1 in most cases although its still possible to beat an unorganized group that outnumbers you 2:1).

Anyway, have fun this week and try to make the best of it (set up GvGs with different guilds etc), I know I sure as hell did last week vs BG and JQ.

Glaedr Darksbane

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Every time someone mentions killing something with larger numbers in DB it includes [Agg] somewhere. So what I’m basically hearing is one guild xferred in and gets kitten done and the rest of you ride on their coattails and/or turn over and die when they aren’t around. Am I missing anything?

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

pixieish.9627

Every time someone mentions killing something with larger numbers in DB it includes [Agg] somewhere. So what I’m basically hearing is one guild xferred in and gets kitten done and the rest of you ride on their coattails and/or turn over and die when they aren’t around. Am I missing anything?

You’re supposed to call Agg a bunch of bandwagoners. And then talk about how your guild 10 manned one of their 40 mans. Oh, and don’t forget the backhanded compliments. You need more of those.

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

A

Mag and FA and DB all accuse each other of 2 vs 1.

Go back to the TC and FA threads and see, I never complained about a 2v1, because it was fun competing. I mean it is the nature of 3 way match ups.

You assumed there was a 2v1 then?

Troll will be troll.

Why r u so hostile nowadays? I used to follow Krew when u r leading. Have so much fun then. U left DB complaining of big Zerg (if i remember correctly when wxp was introduced) and got your whole guild to an EU server. 1 big round later, u join a tier2 server… Must be very sound reasoning.

Lawl I was ignoring his heavy handed troll attempt. I give it a 2/10 for cherry picking the quote.

edit: fun fights mags in your north camp. We knew going up there would pull the whole map and gave us an excellent chance to battle against multiple times our numbers.

(edited by eithinan.9841)

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

You’re supposed to call Agg a bunch of bandwagoners. And then talk about how your guild 10 manned one of their 40 mans. Oh, and don’t forget the backhanded compliments. You need more of those.

Let me try my hand at this…

Ahem..

“Great fights today Agg! Your movements and reactions on the field are lightning quick. Just like when you bandwagon move to winning servers. Must be nice riding the coat tails of NNK non-stop.

Whenever I’m roaming and meet a DB player, he will do one of the following. 1. Die instantly 2. /cry then die instantly 3. Run to the nearest tower and hide behind an arrow cart 4. Join party with me so he can d[e]rp off 5. Alt F4 and un-install

The best part is when I run into your balls of fail and my 8 man guild incinerates over 40 of your top guilds players. I’m starting to wonder if you’re mostly made up of keyboard turning, skill clicking seniors. Maybe if you old diaper fillers spent more time in the garden instead of wvw, other servers would have a chance to get some ppt.

Thanks for the great match!"

Replace DB and guild names. Rinse and repeat in every match up thread.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Awww man. I’ve been hanging on to [NNK] & [TFV] coattails this whole time! Why didn’t anyone tell me we switched to [Agg], I’m so confused now =\

I guess that’s what happens when you don’t play Mag for a week; you lose all sense of what’s happening on DB.

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

It shouldn’t be hard to keep up not much is changing. [EA] still sitting inside of keeps shooting mortars at one person because they all learned they fall over and die open field long ago.

Maguuma

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

BlackAngel.1349

Ahem..

“Great fights today Agg! Your movements and reactions on the field are lightning quick. Just like when you bandwagon move to winning servers. Must be nice riding the coat tails of NNK non-stop.

Whenever I’m roaming and meet a DB player, he will do one of the following. 1. Die instantly 2. /cry then die instantly 3. Run to the nearest tower and hide behind an arrow cart 4. Join party with me so he can d[e]rp off 5. Alt F4 and un-install

The best part is when I run into your balls of fail and my 8 man guild incinerates over 40 of your top guilds players. I’m starting to wonder if you’re mostly made up of keyboard turning, skill clicking seniors. Maybe if you old diaper fillers spent more time in the garden instead of wvw, other servers would have a chance to get some ppt.

I try to make a useful post and people like you simply have to come and keep talking kitten without anything useful other than complaining. Please go hide under your mom’s skirt if you’re going to complain so much. I had forgotten why I don’t use these forums, thanks for reminding me.

Also, please do show me your 8 man guild running over 40 people.

Glaedr Darksbane

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

It shouldn’t be hard to keep up not much is changing. [EA] still sitting inside of keeps shooting mortars at one person because they all learned they fall over and die open field long ago.

We must watch our hills… wait .. sorry … we must defend Mags Hills. … preciousssss…

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

(edited by lani.7431)

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

http://www.twitch.tv/defult/c/2157300?t=97m

It’s not 8v40, but I think it’s probably better than your claims. Granted, they are pubbies.

Also pretty sure that guys entire post was sarcasm.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

pixieish.9627

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Ahem..

Well done!

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

It’s not 8v40, but I think it’s probably better than your claims. Granted, they are pubbies.

Good god, those Gifs.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Awww Maggies </3

Awww FA </3

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

BlackAngel.1349

Do you see the amount of uplevels on the enemy? Also, you had siege which probably took out 5-10 people…

As for my claims, here is my guild (around 6 of us), clearly we are outnumbered. http://youtu.be/dn62LImAsmo?t=5m42s

Glaedr Darksbane

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

You clearly didn’t see the amount of uplevels on the enemy *posts a video with a bunch of uplevels on the enemy*

Maguuma

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Your video crashed my browser :’(

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

The last two FA/TC/DB weeks FA took second, and DB took third.

So why is DB able to dominate this match-up against FA? The last two times we faced FA we lost. We haven’t had any transfers since then.

Is it hunger? DB just came off a week of getting demolished, and FA just came off a week of destroying other servers.

Is it the lack of TC? MAG fights hard during NA primetime, but during the other time-blocks they are fairly easy points. FA’s strong Oceanic and DB’s strong SEA can both feed off of that. I’m not sure if DB or FA is stronger during the EU time-block.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Ahem..

I try to make a useful post and people like you simply have to come and keep talking kitten without anything useful other than complaining. Please go hide under your mom’s skirt if you’re going to complain so much. I had forgotten why I don’t use these forums, thanks for reminding me.

Wow, is it this easy to troll people?

I though the use of " " would provide some clue of jokingly replying to the post i quoted.

LOL!

Get outside for some fresh air dude

Maybe dig in your garden?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

Yeah there is a bit of a hunger going on. After facing off against servers with much higher population, a lot of people took the week off and are now returning to a more favorable matchup. Furthermore, those of us who stuck it out actually learned something about persistence and pressure, and so we’re taking that experience to this matchup, I think.

Does TC’s absence have something to do with it? Hard to tell. The TC/FA/DB matchups were always anti-DB, at least on the forums, because of our server transfers. There were many that wanted to express that sentiment in game, so there was a bit of DB targetting going on. Though this forum is evidence that post-transfer anti-DB sentiment is still out there, hopefully it’s not as fierce as it once was, and our opponents accept that DB is what it is several weeks later.

(edited by Eviator.9746)

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

I think its the lack of a third server more than anything. Even pressure from both sides would limit ppt.

I’ve noticed this a lot in lopsided match ups.

FA is also coming off two fairly boring and lacklustre weeks so it may take a bit to get the competitive juices going again.

No biggy, I’m sure we’ll get another kick at the cat.

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

yep….a weaker third…. It happens. And this last week, with at Dragon thing going on…im sure there are still those working that, and or…just not tuned back in yet.

Its all good tho, we will be back in the swing of things soon. We always bounce back tho.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

What happened guys? You used to be so pleasant and fun. Now the bitterness. Why Mags why?

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

I know this wont last long but I hope everyone is able to get the good fights in while everyone seems to be participating, even that “weaker third”.

DB – 200
Mag – 330
FA – 165

Attachments:

Maguuma WvW

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

What happened guys? You used to be so pleasant and fun. Now the bitterness. Why Mags why?

We were?

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

We were?

Yeah,
I used to look forward to the Maguuma matchup threads when your forum warriors were fun.
Everything just reeks of subtextual QQ now.

I never thought I’d miss Bunzy.

Dragonbrand

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

We were?

Yeah,
I used to look forward to the Maguuma matchup threads when your forum warriors were fun.

Hmm…so we don’t chest thump enough for you?

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

We were?

Yeah,

IT WASN’T WHAT YOU SAID IT WAS HOW YOU USED TO SAY IT. :’(

You guys still chest-thump plenty, but the underlying confidence is gone.
It just looks like overcompensation now.

Dragonbrand

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

We were?

Yeah,

But…Bunzy was like the king of overcompensation :P

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Calling all DB to FA’s east keep

You are required to pay homage to lord flame ram, else be smitten!

GM – [Ark]ham

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

We were?

Yeah,

Don’t I know it,
I’m pretty sure I called him on it a few times back in the day.

But he had a way of rallying the forum troops that has been sorely missing

Dragonbrand

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: wolf.1895

wolf.1895

Your necros hurt D|ERP

Synco // Retired Guild leader of TERROR [TG] #1 GvG Guild NA Post-HoT
Maguuma Server Dictator

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/rules

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/map/764

Yep.

Edit: Furiousbeard wins! If the question were “what will most posts on this thread be about.”, here is the answer.

I’ve… never won… anything in my life…

Sniff

Um, I’d like to thank the academy for this opportunity. Trolling has always brought out the best in me, and the worst in others. I dedicate this win to the tears of the troll worthy, and may their bitterness inspire great things in all of you!

PEACE!!

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

We were?

Yeah,

Don’t I know it,

Don’t worry, though our forum warriors may have fallen, yours have taken our place

(edited by saiyr.3071)

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

We learned some new things against JQ and BG last week. Mostly we learned that our server is mostly fairweathers.

i don’t underastand how you can expect anything else with being the new bandwagon server. it has been the case with every other bandwagon server as soon as the easy wins stop the new people don’t show up anymore. why did you think this wasnt the case with db to make this some sort of suprise?

It’s interesting because DB received all of its transfers when the “easy” wins stopped. Since we moved to T2, we had one week I would consider easy; the rest have all been hard fought, excepting last week when we were soundly trounced.

Do you have another theory for us?

sure i have another theory. you got the transfers in t3 they got you to t2 where you didnt dominate and so they lost interest the same as many other bandwagon servers.

No. You are wrong. We were going to T2 because we dominated T3 with our SEA population. The first transfers came the week before we went to T2.

Get your facts straight or muzzle yourself.

lol so once again your facts are you got the transfers in while winning in t3 and then after things got hard in t2 they stopped showing up.

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

We were?

Yeah,

Don’t I know it,

Don’t worry, though our forum warriors may have fallen, yours has taken our place

I always get my forum-warrior on when we’re matched up with Maguuma,
I like to give the opponents fights where they want them.

With Maguuma,
It means to fight on the forums,
And never run from 1v1 combat.

I’ve been playing around with a new Shatter build that’s been wrecking people all day today.

Dragonbrand

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

We were?

Yeah,

Don’t I know it,

Don’t worry, though our forum warriors may have fallen, yours has taken our place

I always get my forum-warrior on when we’re matched up with Maguuma,
I like to give the opponents fights where they want them.

With Maguuma,
It means to fight on the forums,
And never run from 1v1 combat.

I’ve been playing around with a new Shatter build that’s been wrecking people all day today.

Train harder and one day you will join the elite ranks of DB’s forum warriors I’m cheering you on!

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Awww Maggies </3

Awww FA </3

What no Love for me?

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

It’s interesting because DB received all of its transfers when the “easy” wins stopped. Since we moved to T2, we had one week I would consider easy; the rest have all been hard fought, excepting last week when we were soundly trounced.

sure i have another theory. you got the transfers in t3 they got you to t2 where you didnt dominate and so they lost interest the same as many other bandwagon servers.

No. You are wrong. We were going to T2 because we dominated T3 with our SEA population. The first transfers came the week before we went to T2.

lol so once again your facts are you got the transfers in while winning in t3 and then after things got hard in t2 they stopped showing up.

Lol this guy

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

That’s what I m talking about – tier 1 elite forum warrior.

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

That’s what I m talking about – tier 1 elite forum warrior.

i mostly just can’t understand how your server defends itself from accusations of bandwaggoning by posting proof you got the transfers while still winning t3. at the same time complainging about all the fairweathers on your server if you cant see the obvious its because you are willfully ignorant

6/14 DB / Mag / FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Awww Maggies </3

Awww FA </3

What no Love for me?

OF COURSE! But my heart is breaking for Maggies and FA right now

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad