6/21 Blackgate/Sanctum of Rall/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

It always cracks me up how some people on one server always thinks the enemy servers are the only ones who blob. Perspective my friends. Have some.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimedawg.8954

Crimedawg.8954

I think we should petition AN to rename BG to Blobgate, seem all they can do nowadays.
Is there not a single guild left on there that runs as a guild and not in the new BG meta of omniblobbing?

Every guild runs in groups of 15. No more ……. no less

Do you even play the same game?

[Tsym] – Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall
Running 15 in a BL near you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I think we should petition AN to rename BG to Blobgate, seem all they can do nowadays.
Is there not a single guild left on there that runs as a guild and not in the new BG meta of omniblobbing?

Every guild runs in groups of 15. No more ……. no less

Do you even play the same game?

This one speaks truth

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

omniblobbing you say?

Considering there is JQ and SoR and the amount of green dots, everyone is blobbing!

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Good GvG with Red Guard. I think we would describe it as a great “learning experience”

^_^

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

Party time on bg bl!

Attachments:

Hm

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark King Rayleigh.9174

Dark King Rayleigh.9174

Some highlights from last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Ejnzt8qOo

I know I know, it’s too late to care about last week.

Commander Dark King Zoro – Support Guardian
Dark King Brook – DPS Necro
[BT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Blobbing fast becomes the norm as soon as the first one is spotted, all 3 servers kind of have to respond similarly. I think its a little tougher to rally JQ to that tactic though if you consider all the little ball of hate guilds we have running around. Those guilds that only run 15-20 strong but relish smashing into blobs and wiping them. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve busted out laughing as Aco, DA or WARD suddenly render in the distance and come in leaving nothing but fiercely snuggled enemies in their wake.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karmasutra.9351

Karmasutra.9351

This is what being matched up with JQ and SOR week after week feels like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=cbBlYfTbA44&NR=1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

Awesome fights last night on reset. SoR BL had some serious juggernaut battles!

I did have to chuckle last night with a brief battle at Bay. We got the outer door down and cleared out a wave of occupants just inside the doors. JQ showed up behind us so we jumped over the wall and down on top of them. Once we eliminated this threat we turned to get back inside and resume only to find the doors had closed after an upgrade went through. I could see on the ground through the slits in the door a sea of bags calling out to me. Scouts reported a threat across the map so we moved on but not after I glanced back one last time while a single tear ran down my cheek as they vanished out of sight …

Salute to all WvW’ers! Let’s enjoy the individual skirmishes and forget about the score!

We were greatly outnumbered and waiting for the upgrade to lock you in. Nice push on your behalf though

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

This is what being matched up with JQ and SOR week after week feels like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=cbBlYfTbA44&NR=1

As someone from JQ who never has the numbers to fight BG or SoR, I feel like those birds almost every day. Reset nights are fun but the lag is terrible and by Wednesday we are outmanned on every map. FUN STUFF! Seriously though, everyone in JQ is sick of the same match-ups and I think its pretty safe to say we wouldn’t mind dropping to any tier if it means new opponents.

Maguuma Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

The birds are totally SoR #tempestpigeons

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Karmasutra.9351

As someone from JQ who never has the numbers to fight BG or SoR, I feel like those birds almost every day. Reset nights are fun but the lag is terrible and by Wednesday we are outmanned on every map. FUN STUFF! Seriously though, everyone in JQ is sick of the same match-ups and I think its pretty safe to say we wouldn’t mind dropping to any tier if it means new opponents.

We respect the skills JQ and SOR bring to the field every week (ignore the forum warriors that’s part of war tactics). We push each other to learn how to adapt and be the best we can be but I think we are all ready to take a little break from each other.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

SOR introduced super zerging, i actually commend them for being able to run 80man zerg, especially at their weak spots. dunno, some guilds from our server are too prideful to tag down and join forces with another commander

still waiting for…

RED GUARD [RG] vs TEMPEST WOLVES [TW]

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

We respect the skills JQ and SOR bring to the field every week (ignore the forum warriors that’s part of war tactics). We push each other to learn how to adapt and be the best we can be but I think we are all ready to take a little break from each other.

you’re a few dozen guilds too many to fight DB or TC. JQ might enjoy a week with them. but this is the match, the ONLY match, for BG and SoR. The only way out of it is to transfer away.

in Match-ups

zhonnika.1784

It’s just… we all know how the other plays at this point. You can make calls in your sleep because there’s little to no surprise anymore. Nothing new to adapt to — tho, the meta change on Tuesday may help a little. I want to face different servers to gain knowledge, and I expect the lower ‘tiers’ learn a lot from us when they get to face us. I’d love to see TC up in our spot, so they can see what they need to do to close the gap on us. We have a beautiful matchup, score-wise (tho it’ll lopside out soon enough), but… it’s just so… meh. Random means random for anyone except T1 NA

Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

It’s just… we all know how the other plays at this point. You can make calls in your sleep because there’s little to no surprise anymore. Nothing new to adapt to — tho, the meta change on Tuesday may help a little. I want to face different servers to gain knowledge, and I expect the lower ‘tiers’ learn a lot from us when they get to face us. I’d love to see TC up in our spot, so they can see what they need to do to close the gap on us. We have a beautiful matchup, score-wise (tho it’ll lopside out soon enough), but… it’s just so… meh. Random means random for anyone except T1 NA

We fought TC a couple of weeks ago. I estimated that they would be tougher than what they were, but during NA prime they are pretty strong. SoS was a non factor in that matchup had it been another stong server in the equation TC would have done better becasue it was essentially SoR vs TC with the exception of EB were sos had a strong presence but out numbered on all other maps. Towards the end of the match TC adopted the mega zerg tactic of running with a zerg of 75 or higher and map hoping. Most of the SoR peeps that week took the week off and some went to JQ for GvGs. So when TC was doing there mega zerg thing they were pretty strong.

I think the server TC is T1 material but being a big PVE and RP server that holds them away from having a dedicated enough WvW playter base to go to T1 and stay there.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

you’re a few dozen guilds too many to fight DB or TC. JQ might enjoy a week with them. but this is the match, the ONLY match, for BG and SoR. The only way out of it is to transfer away.

TC is definitely in the “T1.5” role right now.

We can’t match any T1 Server 1v1 but we’re too large for any Server outside of T1 to handle.

Oh well, at least “T1” and “T3-T7” seem to get fairly decent matchups /sigh

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

I’m not a fan of this stale matchup every week either, but after looking at some of the EU matchups… T4 and T8 EU in particular, its horrendous. T8 EU had green ticking for 690 for several hours after reset. Throw one of us into T4 or below and it would probably look the same. I like at least having people to fight. It’s best to just be happy with what we have at the moment.

(edited by lollasaurus.1457)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Exactly. Its fun learning new opponents but it should still be a fair fight. I remember hearing [AoS] and [TNO] in teamspeak all start laughing last night as we saw BG and SoR come up again as our match-up. I’m sure you guys in SF and those in SG, ACO, WARD, were the same.

Maguuma Guardian

in Match-ups

Karmasutra.9351

Exactly. Its fun learning new opponents but it should still be a fair fight. I remember hearing [AoS] and [TNO] in teamspeak all start laughing last night as we saw BG and SoR come up again as our match-up. I’m sure you guys in SF and those in SG, ACO, WARD, were the same.

It was more of a loud collective groan on BG TS. lol

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

oh no, the channel SF was in was “oh look guys, same match up” “oh great” and then we played our hearts out anyway

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

I think everyone can sufficiently say there was a lot of hope that the matchups would result in not BG/SoR/JQ just for some I guess change in the matchup. But deep down everyone knows those hopes were bound to be shattered.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

We really need to come up with new stuff to complain about in our threads. Zerging, 2v1, blobbing (and most of you don’t even use the term right) ……week in and out. Need some new subject matter.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

We really need to come up with new stuff to complain about in our threads. Zerging, 2v1, blobbing (and most of you don’t even use the term right) ……week in and out. Need some new subject matter.

The lack of random matchups for us? :P That could go on for weeks.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

zhonnika.1784

Hmmm….
Pugs who drop ALL the siege, even random trebs (?).
Skill lag.
Wooden chests beside you when you’re dead.
Being a smidge away from capping and getting zerged.
Laggy, pinball yaks.
Krait.
People who log and don’t leave party.
When the gate is almost down and an upgrade goes through.

Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

People from other matches coming in and posting in your thread…

oh wait…

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

i love fighting bg and jq its really the only other 2 servers that will put up the fight we all want

o if u sick of the same tactics and meta u could always try some new ones out and maybe u can change the meta of t1

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

I think this guy just beat TC.
Btw the BG zerg in JQBL is MASSIVE

Attachments:

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Having a lot of fun right now, one can only hope that this match stays this close through the rest of the week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zeocen.9850

zeocen.9850

A new meta?

II propose unlimited cat tonic fights across EBG!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Stop your moaning, there is less than 1k between all three teams, 24 hours in. This is an excellent match up so far great fights from all sides.

Sure is the same opponents but I honestly think you are kidding yourself if you think you are going to get better fights with other servers. Maybe some of the trolls here actually mean easier….

/Salute.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

SOR introduced super zerging, i actually commend them for being able to run 80man zerg, especially at their weak spots. dunno, some guilds from our server are too prideful to tag down and join forces with another commander

still waiting for…

RED GUARD [RG] vs TEMPEST WOLVES [TW]

You say SoR introduced super zerging? When did you first see our first super zerg? Clearly you weren’t playing when FOO was still around. Ha Ha. Nothing against FOO, er ATM now, always fun fights against them. <3

Hm

in Match-ups

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

SoR and JQ are the same.

All three servers blob. What is your point again?

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Thanks for SMC.

-sor

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kytana.5079

Kytana.5079

Dear BG and SoR,

As much as we love seeing our dysfunctional siblings, we respectfully request not see so many of the in-laws at once. Anything over 60 per side and we just don’t have enough rooms to house them all in Garrison or the supply to feed all those needy zerglings. If we could schedule the family reunion at different times with less people it would help with overall enjoyment of all parties involved not counting the logistics. Thank you.

Love,
JQ

PS: Great fights on JQ BL. Always keeping up the pressure.

Baroness Kytana [ONE] – Sanctum of Rall
Council Leader of Fight As One
http://FightAsOne.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

Dear BG and SoR,

As much as we love seeing our dysfunctional siblings, we respectfully request not see so many of the in-laws at once. Anything over 60 per side and we just don’t have enough rooms to house them all in Garrison or the supply to feed all those needy zerglings. If we could schedule the family reunion at different times with less people it would help with overall enjoyment of all parties involved not counting the logistics. Thank you.

Love,
JQ

PS: Great fights on JQ BL. Always keeping up the pressure.

LOL good post

the best way to counter a large zerg tho is split ur forces into 2 20-30 mans and hit 2 dif locations making the bigger zerg split or bleed ppt

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

2v1 on JQ RAWR. Lol Jk keep up good fights guys!

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: morastarna.6294

morastarna.6294

My personal opinion. Fighting BG and SOR for months in T1 is like playing in the Pro’s of any one sport. We may win or we may lose. The fact is We push each other and we are becoming so much better for having played each other. No other server will ever be able to beat any of the T1 servers.

It would be like a college team playing against the pro’s. I don’t mean to put any other server down. It’s just the fact. When you play against top notch servers constantly you become better.

We used to say in basketball, if you play with scrubs all the time you become a scrub. Some server in some other tier may have a lot of talent. But if they are playing scrubs constantly they become scrubs.

I am just getting bored playing BG and SOR. Would love some new match ups.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

Think agg just said hello to the sor megablob on jgbl

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

We can complain about the other servers always relying on arrow carts, and that’s the only reason they win!

But not on my server of course! My server is the only server that doesn’t rely on them.

How’s that for new subject matter? :P

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Yeah, the only thing thats going to change the current T1 “community” is some sort of weird drama getting out of hand and blowing up the server. We’d still probably be playing against most of the same guilds but they might be mixed up on different servers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke.6037

Zeke.6037

Agg would like to thank everyone for the fun fights we had on our first night on JQ! Can’t wait to face you guys some more in the coming days!

[Lost] Diva
SF-GOM-SOS-BG-ET-DB-MAG-JQ-SOS-JQ-SOS-TC-BP-TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

My personal opinion. Fighting BG and SOR for months in T1 is like playing in the Pro’s of any one sport. We may win or we may lose. The fact is We push each other and we are becoming so much better for having played each other. No other server will ever be able to beat any of the T1 servers.

It would be like a college team playing against the pro’s. I don’t mean to put any other server down. It’s just the fact. When you play against top notch servers constantly you become better.

We used to say in basketball, if you play with scrubs all the time you become a scrub. Some server in some other tier may have a lot of talent. But if they are playing scrubs constantly they become scrubs.

I am just getting bored playing BG and SOR. Would love some new match ups.

The only thing BG/JQ/SoR are good at is having a lot of players online a lot of the time. There is no difference in skill of the player between the tiers, just how many of them there are. Tiers go by points, points 100% about coverage. In fact, if anything, you could probably argue that the tier 1 servers are worse on average due to relying on zergs all the time. I think if you put a lot of players from Tier 1 in an even numbers fighting they’d be flummoxed as to why running around spamming guardian staff 1 didn’t lead to a lot of bags like normal.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

No lets me honest here, SoR despite having Iron to raise them to new hieghts which gave them a boom in Coverage and Activity on the field is definatly the Black cat in this video. Jade Quarry would be the birds. You noticed that the birds would only attack THe Orange and white cat till it looked like the he was winning then they hit the black Cat.

All jokes aside SoR has really imprssed me this week no intention pre dertermined Double team yet. As we can see the match up is close. Lets just hope that JQ doesn’t start riding the coat tails of the stronger so they don’t get hit this week. If all week went like it has on friday and saturday a true 3 way fight this will be a great match up.

PS I know Some SoR trolls will say BG and JQ double teamed SoR at reset, let me put that to ease. We took everything from you on the west side then took Valley, then took Bravost from JQ We also toook SM from JQ that night. We simply used JQ as a distraction to get what we wanted, I promise there was no intention double team there, which is what a true double team should be. Do it for an objective and then EAT THEIR FACES ;-) not 5 to 8 hours per a day for 3 days straight ;-)

Anyhow good fights lets hope it stays this way all week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Thank you Pain Train Choo for stepping up, those were nice fights. GG & GL in the future.
Always eager for more challenges! /salute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH_i4JK-4XI

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in Match-ups

Karmasutra.9351

No lets me honest here, SoR despite having Iron to raise them to new hieghts which gave them a boom in Coverage and Activity on the field is definatly the Black cat in this video. Jade Quarry would be the birds. You noticed that the birds would only attack THe Orange and white cat till it looked like the he was winning then they hit the black Cat.

All jokes aside SoR has really imprssed me this week no intention pre dertermined Double team yet. As we can see the match up is close. Lets just hope that JQ doesn’t start riding the coat tails of the stronger so they don’t get hit this week. If all week went like it has on friday and saturday a true 3 way fight this will be a great match up.

PS I know Some SoR trolls will say BG and JQ double teamed SoR at reset, let me put that to ease. We took everything from you on the west side then took Valley, then took Bravost from JQ We also toook SM from JQ that night. We simply used JQ as a distraction to get what we wanted, I promise there was no intention double team there, which is what a true double team should be. Do it for an objective and then EAT THEIR FACES ;-) not 5 to 8 hours per a day for 3 days straight ;-)

Anyhow good fights lets hope it stays this way all week.

I think JQ is most definitely the pigeons… sneaky little instigators, yanking both cats tails and then sitting back to watch the show. lol

It has been a really good match-up so far this week, I have never seen the points so close. I hope it stays this way all week too, I’m actually having fun!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

PIGEONS?!

That’s it BG, we are only attacking you the rest of the week. You have angered the NOBLE EAGLES of [SG]!

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

PIGEONS?!

That’s it BG, we are only attacking you the rest of the week. You have angered the NOBLE EAGLES of [SG]!

I thought we were sheep. Or hookers.

or both?

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Would’ve preferred a new matchup, this fight is getting dull as the weeks go by.

Just be glad you have fights at all. :-/

The remnants of what were T2 and below are just dull dull dull now. TC is stuck in some weird T1.5 limbo while there’s no lower ranked server that can even come close to creating a real challenge at this point…yet we’re clearly not ready for T1 due to some significant coverage holes during SEA and Oceanic (and a bit in EU).

Argh. This new matchup system is ruining everything. We’re queuing 3-4 maps a night right now so we can wander around doing almost nothing.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)