6/28 Maguuma/Tarnished Coast/Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Time to own all the RPers!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe! How’s that working out for you?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

On the bright side, we took your keep first.

It almost sounds like you took TC’s keep after.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

It’s all getting a bit deja vu in here….

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

It’s just Calvin, he likes to try to troll me a lot, though his latest attempts have not been so great

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

Hello all , Gwen here with a Quick post .

First off wanna say hello an welcome To both SOS an MAG.
This is the first time I’ve had the pleasure to face either of the 2 servers, an i’d like to say you two Represent well. Last night I got to Watch the MAG Karma Train in effect (as it was explain to me by a passing MAG thief). over in the TC garrison . Awesome job defending/ keeping us out of our garrison for so long. Our guild had a chance to take some notes on your positioning an I must say , the Armour repairs started getting insane after awhile . Truth is I had a blast fighting that losing scenario.

THE sheer numbers that you brought out would severely rival most any servers. shame we don’t see that more often . Def have my respect after last nights events , even the taunting became amusing after awhile.

And as for SOS , I feel bad for not writing down the guild tags but even u guys an girls had several romple stomp moments at our expense. Why your not in Tier 2 already is strange to me. It seem that ever person that passed us or faced us had no rank below scout . Our mixed breed of militias are always fully stocked with assaulters ,invaders an raiders.

Can’t really speak for the rest of the server , but From the standpoint of our Guild . You have our Respect. Looking forward to every battle between now and Friday .

Attachments:

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

It’s just Calvin, he likes to try to troll me a lot, though his latest attempts have not been so great

Yea Calvin, I gotta agree this troll attempt was maybe 2/10 at most. Maybe you should take the rest of the week off, better for the health. Come back strong next week!

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

This is the first time I’ve had the pleasure to face either of the 2 servers, an i’d like to say you two Represent well. Last night I got to Watch the MAG Karma Train in effect (as it was explain to me by a passing MAG thief). over in the TC garrison . Awesome job defending/ keeping us out of our garrison for so long. Our guild had a chance to take some notes on your positioning an I must say , the Armour repairs started getting insane after awhile . Truth is I had a blast fighting that losing scenario.

THE sheer numbers that you brought out would severely rival most any servers. shame we don’t see that more often . Def have my respect after last nights events , even the taunting became amusing after awhile.

And as for SOS , I feel bad for not writing down the guild tags but even u guys an girls had several romple stomp moments at our expense. Why your not in Tier 2 already is strange to me. It seem that ever person that passed us or faced us had no rank below scout . Our mixed breed of militias are always fully stocked with assaulters ,invaders an raiders.

Can’t really speak for the rest of the server , but From the standpoint of our Guild . You have our Respect. Looking forward to every battle between now and Friday .

heres a suggestion, when you need upwards of over 10 arrowcarts to siege creep on the offensive in that garrison, and still wiping repeatedly against even and sometimes less numbers, you’re doing something wrong.

you’re not utilizing your numbers correctly and relying too much on carts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Hawk Ix.7360

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Quality thread. If this matchup was a mythical animal , it would be a pink unicorn with rainbow wings covered in chocolate with cookies as ears.

Agreed and i’m also loving the gifs LOL, still having nightmares about th tc posting YT vids tho but thats another story.

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Yea Calvin, I gotta agree this troll attempt was maybe 2/10 at most. Maybe you should take the rest of the week off, better for the health. Come back strong next week!

:(

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Why TC, you too SoS, do you have to fight with greater numbers? 90% of Mags will see a 1v1 fight and just watch and wait until the end to tag the player.

I think this is the biggest lie in the thread so far! Good show!

Haha, yeah, I got a good laugh from that too.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

heres a suggestion, when you need upwards of over 10 arrowcarts to siege creep on the offensive in that garrison, and still wiping repeatedly against even and sometimes less numbers, you’re doing something wrong.

Just going to quote myself here because I am so awesome and what I say generally applies to more than one situation…..

Every enemy is counted twice, and no one sees their allies standing behind them.

I am always outnumbered.

I’d also like to add that every enemy arrowcart is counted at least twice.

At no point during that battle did I see more than 5 arrow carts in any one area, on TC’s side, that is. Magumma had at least as many arrowcarts and ballistas and players in that fight.

Anyone who has been in a garrison fight such as that (and has any sense of perspective) knows that the advantage is massively in favor of the defense. Which is why your server waited until we were all so bored that no one was even on the map then brought their full map zerg and as many golems as possible to take it in the first place. Not that it’s a bad strategy, and I don’t fault anyone for wanting easy points. In fact we used the same strategy to take it back and it worked quite well, except we didn’t need any golems, and it only took us about 10 people to walk in and mop up the last of your stragglers after the main force got bored or whatever.

It would be cool if magumma would bring the kind of numbers they obviously can for anything other than a karma train or farming opportunity, but it is what it is and snowballs are wagons and all.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Match-ups

wads.5730

Just going to quote myself here because I am so awesome and what I say generally applies to more than one situation…..

Every enemy is counted twice, and no one sees their allies standing behind them.

I am always outnumbered.

I’d also like to add that every enemy arrowcart is counted at least twice.

At no point during that battle did I see more than 5 arrow carts in any one area, on TC’s side, that is. Magumma had at least as many arrowcarts and ballistas and players in that fight.

Anyone who has been in a garrison fight such as that (and has any sense of perspective) knows that the advantage is massively in favor of the defense. Which is why your server waited until we were all so bored that no one was even on the map then brought their full map zerg and as many golems as possible to take it in the first place. Not that it’s a bad strategy, and I don’t fault anyone for wanting easy points. In fact we used the same strategy to take it back and it worked quite well, except we didn’t need any golems, and it only took us about 10 people to walk in and mop up the last of your stragglers after the main force got bored or whatever.

It would be cool if magumma would bring the kind of numbers they obviously can for anything other than a karma train or farming opportunity, but it is what it is and snowballs are wagons and all.

lol i know exactly how many mag had there, it was a full queue zerg, probably around 60. but were supply starved for most of the fight.

the brain dead karma train wasted all their supply and build like 4 carts all in one spot at the very beginning of the defense, but they got trebbed down quickly. then managed to scrap together 2-3 more at various times throughout the defense from people dying, respawning and running back with supply. they too were killed from 20 man suicide pushes of TC.

TC had minimum 5 carts up on the NW bridge alone. there was a treb, and atleast 2 balistas, 3 carts up across the main courtyard.

then when they failed to break in even with all the walls down at inner, they made 2-3 more carts on top of the battlements on the inner.

this like how in tf2, engineers on offense build a sentry farm to defend their spawn. its an amateur move. you dont push with static defense, you push with good positioning and build comps.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Tarnished Coast please teach me how to WvW!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Hawk Ix.7360

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Maybe if you guys stop camping the JP from SoS and TC when you have superior numbers then you guys might learn some wvw skills :P

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

wads.5730

Maybe if you guys stop camping the JP from SoS and TC when you have superior numbers then you guys might learn some wvw skills :P

http://makeagif.com/i/WQtNkm

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

No ty from SoS for taking Hills in their bl for them?? :<

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Working on our karma macro.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

We actually started that defense pretty outnumbered, and it snowballed into a pretty even fight until TC gave up and we got bored and left. The emotes were not really taunts so much as they were a rage inducing pull designed to get you guys away from all that siege you had.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

Quality thread. If this matchup was a mythical animal , it would be a pink unicorn with rainbow wings covered in chocolate with cookies as ears.

Thanks….you guys! No really..
just look what you have done! Never invoke the rainbow-corn unless you really mean it..
I’m never going to get all the skittle off my carpets now!
~grumble grumble gripe~

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

No ty from SoS for taking Hills in their bl for them?? :<

Sounds like how I felt when we got into Hills on your Bl (owned by TC of course) and some of your guys actually attacked us from behind. Mind you, this is while Bay was ripe and ready for an attack and after we tapped both keeps to help you get your garri back.

Of course, that just frustrated us so we camped your tower for a while for the lulz. I did feel a bit guilty about that one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Higher, higher, burning fire, making music like a choir!

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I had some good fights in EB and TC bl last night my time. All servers have their quality players and hopefully most are enjoying the matchups.

I loved the TC Char commander who stood in the hole in the SM wall as the early warning scout, good to see a leader on point duty.

Thank you those who bring the fun.

Good luck all.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Which part? Because, when I’m roaming you guys always run away if it’s a 1v1 fight and only stay if it’s 2v1 or better odds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Which part? Because, when I’m roaming you guys always run away if it’s a 1v1 fight and only stay if it’s 2v1 or better odds.

The part where you claim your server is the only one that doesn’t. Every server is ridiculously guilty of only fighting when the odds are in their favor, both while roaming and in zergs. Maguuma is no exception, and I’m sure you know it.

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Out numbered in every fight. It’s been like this since reset, only time we run is if it’s around 4:1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Out numbered in every fight. It’s been like this since reset, only time we run is if it’s around 4:1

If you’re going to post a video, at the very least post one that doesn’t refute your own claim O.o

in Match-ups

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Never have i seen that many players on one screen. The lag is insane… It was…

P.S. you wanna GVG, do it on TC map.

It’s Plok! Hi, Plok! And GOAT. All the GOATs! Went to GOAT night once. Brought a bag for them to eat and everything, but was like only one GOAT, so I left.

Did you know goats really like bags? Like this one time when I was at the zoo, there was these people and they was feeding a goat. But it ate their bag instead. Cause it was a goat.

You know, you should totally GvG Fun. Bring all the GOATs. Could stomp Fun into the ground. Would be amazing.

Probably a lot of work just to beat me up. But if you’re ever bored, I’m usually in the TCBL. Running around. Doing stuff. Possibly dying.

With my new hammer! For my new warrior.

Elwyn Smash!

I am not sure what this is about. (too lazy to scroll back).

But i hope this is “goat” friendly!!!

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

How is that?

in Match-ups

Posted by: MeamYee.9635

MeamYee.9635

Hi TC!!!!

“I feel lag coming in”

Attachments:

Nurse Poundcake [DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naranek.2570

Naranek.2570

Hi TC!!!!

“I feel lag coming in”

Upgrade the wood PC?

in Match-ups

Posted by: MeamYee.9635

MeamYee.9635

It’s actually a potato, but I like seeing everyone’s pretty clothing.

Nurse Poundcake [DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vadar.5724

Vadar.5724

I enjoyed fighting the [TS] commander this morning with [CERN]. We were a bit outnumbered but that is what made it fun! Good fights, guys!

Here was the scene:

Yeah that was me commanding. After so many wipes you guys kept coming back for more. I think lots of us would of left after that, major props to you guys. Was hilarious how you kept chasing us after… This is why we’d much rather fight TC than DB or SoR. They’d both go hide in towers after one wipe.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Deleted as to not cause trouble <3

will say though we don’t have a queue..

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

(edited by Dontcare Aboutnames.9284)

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

The question is how many Mag are on MagBL? the most we’ve had all night w/ EP is 30-35 EP+ Milita, I guess it would be fun if kitten and VR actually would open field fight but it’s more of a “Drop wells on them and run back inside” or “Drop AoE and run away” good tactics I guess..

I’ve only been here for a few fights but they all ended in you guys running o.o

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

I was in Mag Bl for most the night, and I saw fully q’d TC zerg for a nice chunk of it.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Deleted as to not cause trouble <3

lol already read it, don’t worry we’ll post a video now to show what really happened.

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

I have a vid uploaded, this was a pug Zerg btw and I showed both winning and losing as to avoid any bull. But don’t say we ran every time because I see EP running a couple times.

http://youtu.be/_pqtlK6bJY8

Also yes I click, get over it

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

yeah we withdrew after lots got downed. Those kiting guild groups are so trolly lol

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

yeah we withdrew after lots got downed. Those kiting guild groups are so trolly lol

Is running straight into each other the only honorable way to fight, to you?

in Match-ups

wads.5730

mag has no honor, like gollum

in Match-ups

Static.9841

Higher, higher, burning fire, making music like a choir!

Settle down Blix, or Tim Curry will put you in a pie!

That would be the part where you’re making a sweeping generalisation Jane does not run, Jane likes 1vX

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Hrmm thread starting to cool off.

I see some your server hides in towers no your server runs from fights etc etc

Let’s get this thread back on track b/c ya gone 12 pgs without a lock.

ps. Last time we fought mags it was all zerg no skill. I can ONLY imagine how TC runs

in Match-ups

Static.9841

ps. Last time we fought mags it was all zerg no skill. I can ONLY imagine how TC runs

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

You couldn’t troll in the match up thread we had together, you couldn’t troll on the Mag forums. What makes you think you’re good enough to play with the big boys now?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

I didn’t say it wasnt a legitimate tactic, that idea is coming from you lol.
it definitely works against one group to use 2 groups and kite.
It does not work to use one group to kite one group
It does not work to use two groups to kite two groups.
Glad you guys came out to give us a little practice vs that style of play though. And I was really happy to see that Mag pushed so hard today instead of just limp noodling like CD’s week with SoS/TC.
Idk about other people but i like fighting mags. The JP brawls are hilarious too.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Lolwut?
I would have to disagree with you on that point there buddy.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

I didn’t say it wasnt a legitimate tactic, that idea is coming from you lol.
it definitely works against one group to use 2 groups and kite.
It does not work to use two groups to kite two groups.
Glad you guys came out to give us a little practice vs that style of play though. And I was really happy to see that Mag pushed so hard today instead of just limp noodling like CD’s week with SoS/TC.
Idk about other people but i like fighting mags. The JP brawls are hilarious too.

I’m just trying to figure out what you mean by “trolly”. Also, we use kiting tactics all the time and we usually aren’t running with other guilds. You’re mistaken to say that one group can’t kite one other.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strato.6714

Strato.6714

To the human female Mesmer who dropped the basket Clam Cake (pity magic find food) in front of our zerg on the field treb outside of Bay on MagBL.

Bravo.

We like to troll a lot on TC, and to get some trolling back was a kick. We all had a good laugh, and enjoyed the food greatly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

Never have i seen that many players on one screen. The lag is insane… It was…

P.S. you wanna GVG, do it on TC map.

It’s Plok! Hi, Plok! And GOAT. All the GOATs! Went to GOAT night once. Brought a bag for them to eat and everything, but was like only one GOAT, so I left.

Did you know goats really like bags? Like this one time when I was at the zoo, there was these people and they was feeding a goat. But it ate their bag instead. Cause it was a goat.

I am not sure what this is about. (too lazy to scroll back).

But i hope this is “goat” friendly!!!

Think it’s goat friendly. They keep eating the bags, so they must like the bags. Am okay with feeding them more. Keeps them away from my bags full of stuff.

Cause I don’t want them to eat my stuff. I like my stuff.

And I like goats. Even dirty goats. Smashy will throw water on your head if you want. Then you won’t be all stinky anymore. She likes to help our animal friends.

And lift stuff.

Attachments:

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

(edited by PAGamer.4072)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

To the human female Mesmer who dropped the basket Clam Cake (pity magic find food) in front of our zerg on the field treb outside of Bay on MagBL.

Bravo.

We like to troll a lot on TC, and to get some trolling back was a kick. We all had a good laugh, and enjoyed the food greatly.

I think some of your guys left some stuff back in the Keep. There’s a few War Banners and Discarded Garments, we’ll just keep them in the lost and found for later.

Remember, last one out turn out the lights.