6/7 DragonBrand/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

When TW went over, BG was up 18k, I doubt even they can make that up alone. The only thing that will change is BG’s NA won’t run over JQ’s NA anymore.

Doesn’t BG want good competition? Or did you guys just want to trample over things and pvdoor your way to winning the match?

You guys should be happy they are there. You can’t get rid of big bad scary TW, oh noes.

TW’s presence won’t make much difference at all. WvW is a game of numbers and a demoralised JQ simply doesn’t have our numbers when we have high moral and our entire fair weather population playing. Also complaining about pvdoor is a bit rich when you guys tick 400+ for a huge portion of everyday when against JQ/BG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

For the benefit of those unfamiliar with T1 intrigue, could someone explain what/who is TW? From the discussions here, I so far understand that they’re some large/influential guild in BG. is that right? There are so many trolls here that it’s hard to ascertain what really is going on.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

For the benefit of those unfamiliar with T1 intrigue, could someone explain what/who is TW? From the discussions here, I so far understand that they’re some large/influential guild in BG. is that right? There are so many trolls here that it’s hard to ascertain what really is going on.

That’s exactly right.

Look at what you guys have done. There’s actually so much drama between us that we look like an old married couple to a spectator. TC won’t be happy with this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

EEW
He said TW on BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

TW is the flagship guild on SoR. BG has been fighting SoR for so long (5 to 6 months I think), it seems some of the SoR members are not used to not fighting us anymore, thus transferring to JQ to follow us to this match, hehe.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

TW is the flagship guild on SoR. BG has been fighting SoR for so long (5 to 6 months I think), it seems some of the SoR members are not used to not fighting us anymore, thus transferring to JQ to follow us to this match, hehe.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

Flagship?? Really?? More like one of the most loudest guilds on there server that likes to talk a lot of crap.

I have not fought them in some time after IRON came over because they kind of went away from EU prime during that or there numbers where to few to really spot so i can’t speak for there skill level now vs before.

They have good movement, but they tend to be very against getting stuck in a solid slog match and they tend to use very mobile charges with small gatherings in between. Stop and push more or less. There biggest weakness is that they tend to be very obvious in there movement favoring stacking, might with Hammer charge following in and of course they long drown out fights are something they tend to stay out of. IF they do not get the upper hand early they will not stick it out.

This is not a value judgment or any thing of that strategy.

They will siege and stay in that, but every time we have hit them on open ground they tend to break off rather then fight to the end. It makes sens to a degree i guess.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

(edited by Waage.2047)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Well welcome TW to the fold, hope DB can provide some good fights for ya!

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

waage gotta ask dude r u ever happy? Every post I have seen from u in the pass month or so has been nothing but rage

o and about tw not being in long fights loL PLZ when [VOTF] was on sos [TW] had many long fights with them

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

If TW faces off against Agg, I’d love to hear about it. I hear TW is scary…and I know Agg is. :-P

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

Thanks for explaining. Just ran into some TW folks in JQ BL. Good defensive manoeuvres and timing.

I was the mad norn dancing in AC fire before you rushed out and killed me But we had the outmanned buff, so no sweat

Dragonbrand

(edited by Calvin.5380)

in Match-ups

Posted by: GivaBack.9328

GivaBack.9328

Score update for EU zone time 12:00 PST.

This has been a fantastic matchup so far, as you can see JQ can still bring it with the PPT. There is always a healthy dose of competition in NA, Oceanic, and SEA. In particular NNK vs ATM vs MERC/WM (and friends) is epic.

Also had fun in NA time in JQ BL, where the revitalized JQ brings out its forces probably to hunt for RE, and the T1 capable guilds of DB (you know who you are) brings out the open-field fights. What I particular like about the fight last night in JQ BL, is that there were long stetches where JQ and BG ran two different zergs and the skill lag does not exist and all were able to use all skills available. This is quite a welcoming, at times when 3 servers hit bay, lag occurs but that is rarer now.

Keep up the fight everyone.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

More importantly TW and Indo were a huge part of shaping JQ’s WvW community during beta and for the first couple of months after release so many of their members still have friends and former guild mates on JQ. They have always said they would be returning home once they accomplished everything they set out to do on SoR. You never know, maybe they will stick around awhile once they see how hard we continue to fight on with limited resources but I think Indo will always be ever careful about creating another bandwagon situation on any world.

TW is one of the few guilds out there that actually practices what they preach in trying to maintain balanced fights (along with Laylyn from BG who never seems to get a lot of support from his own server in his efforts) and looking for strong competition across worlds. I expect the reason they did not chose to visit DB this week instead has more to do with playing the new glicko system than anything else. It would not help to promote more even match-ups in the future to inflate DB’s rating and then leave them high and dry the next week whereas keeping JQ’s numbers solid helps to ensure more BG/SoR/JQ sets for the best competition under the new system. It will be interesting to see what changes to scoring ANET has in mind for the next batch of WvW fixes tho. Trying to think long term now might not pay off in the manner expected.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

There is too much arguing in this thread. Everybody chill and check out this adorable kitten, it is wide eyed at how many times it has been mentioned in this thread.

As always, great fights everybody. Lets keep the fighting on the field.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Nope, We need to go deeper !

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Best video ending ever!

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nerifes.4931

Nerifes.4931

I really hope the prior servers that faced DB last round are enthusiastic as well to see DB’s real potential in a Tier 1 setting.

Welcome to Tier 1 kids.

Good fights in EB last night. Amazing show by BG on capturing most the known map with one massive RISE and friends organized crew. For a second there we thought you were joining JQ on beating up DB, then you started taking our stuff.

Not cool.

took whole 100% DB side in EBG within 20mins of first reset.. so it was JQ turn but jq super fast on upgrading things with arrow carts .. it was little challenge as always.

Seeing all of DB side gone that quickly made everyone JQ lol.

[TV] Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nik Rane.6431

Nik Rane.6431

I really hope the prior servers that faced DB last round are enthusiastic as well to see DB’s real potential in a Tier 1 setting.

Welcome to Tier 1 kids.

Good fights in EB last night. Amazing show by BG on capturing most the known map with one massive RISE and friends organized crew. For a second there we thought you were joining JQ on beating up DB, then you started taking our stuff.

Not cool.

took whole 100% DB side in EBG within 20mins of first reset.. so it was JQ turn but jq super fast on upgrading things with arrow carts .. it was little challenge as always.

DB couldn’t even manage itself in T2 before the RNG matchups. I don’t know why they wanted to fight T1 teams; It was obvious they were going to get obliterated.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

21835kittenifes.4931:

Welcome to Tier 1 kids.

Not cool.

DB couldn’t even manage itself in T2 before the RNG matchups. I don’t know why they wanted to fight T1 teams; It was obvious they were going to get obliterated.

You are uninformed. This has been a fun match, and T2 was quite even. I feel like DB is learning a lot, and we do just fine when we have the numbers. We just don’t have the population in WvW to fight off JQ or BG atm. That said, I have enjoyed this match up immensely more than last weeks lol. If we had the coverage the other 2 servers had this would be amazing Keep at it everyone, enjoying the fights JQ and BG!

I’m actually surprised we have done as well as we have! Very exciting!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: crimsonbro.3126

crimsonbro.3126

Score Update!

Having fun with my guildies! :P

<3

SNUGGLE TIGHT! STACK REGEN!!!!!!!!

I miss these very much in my forum from our very long pairing Always looked forward to the updates from you CuddleStrike.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Nobody, not anyone in T1, T2, nor T3 – T8, is surprised by what DB is doing against T1 servers. Well maybe 0.01% of DB is surprised about how bad we’re doing, and those are the ones that trolled the T1 forums and JQ LA weeks ago.

You guys have been in the T1 matchup so long you may have lost some perspective. You can ask SoR, TC, and SoS now…T1 is a different beast, and nobody outside of T1 has a chance. So should T1 servers feel so great about beating DB down? No, I think they should feel bad for letting us have even +1 PPT.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

Best video ending ever!

What Lani said. ^

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: loquacious.2915

loquacious.2915

Nobody, not anyone in T1, T2, nor T3 – T8, is surprised by what DB is doing against T1 servers. Well maybe 0.01% of DB is surprised about how bad we’re doing, and those are the ones that trolled the T1 forums and JQ LA weeks ago.

You guys have been in the T1 matchup so long you may have lost some perspective. You can ask SoR, TC, and SoS now…T1 is a different beast, and nobody outside of T1 has a chance. So should T1 servers feel so great about beating DB down? No, I think they should feel bad for letting us have even +1 PPT.

JQ and BG have to sleep some time…

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Word is a couple of guilds on SoR aren’t too happy about TW’s transfer shenanigans. It isn’t helping the fact that some of those players already felt a little swindled by a false promise of good fights during the guild’s prime time.

Hopefully TW’s obsession with BG doesn’t destroy that #1 NA community. eek.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Flagship?? Really?? More like one of the most loudest guilds on there server that likes to talk a lot of crap.

I have not fought them in some time after IRON came over because they kind of went away from EU prime during that or there numbers where to few to really spot so i can’t speak for there skill level now vs before.

They have good movement, but they tend to be very against getting stuck in a solid slog match and they tend to use very mobile charges with small gatherings in between. Stop and push more or less. There biggest weakness is that they tend to be very obvious in there movement favoring stacking, might with Hammer charge following in and of course they long drown out fights are something they tend to stay out of. IF they do not get the upper hand early they will not stick it out.

This is not a value judgment or any thing of that strategy.

They will siege and stay in that, but every time we have hit them on open ground they tend to break off rather then fight to the end. It makes sens to a degree i guess.

You are correct. Our fights are indeed quite short.
Wonder how long RK would last?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

The troll bait is too obvious.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Word is a couple of guilds on SoR aren’t too happy about TW’s transfer shenanigans. It isn’t helping the fact that some of those players already felt a little swindled by a false promise of good fights during the guild’s prime time.

Actually we’re really just bored as hell. TW leaving for a week or two is a good thing because now it’s a tad bit more even and less queue times.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Actually we’re really just bored as hell. TW leaving for a week or two is a good thing because now it’s a tad bit more even and less queue times.

I miss choo, but not sanghae. It’s only been 2 days.

in Match-ups

Posted by: AvengerCap.7983

AvengerCap.7983

Word is Indo is really the legendary Bigfoot and any time he goes AF Kay it’s because he has to hide from the hunters. It isn’t helping the fact that he’s an awesome commander and feels a little swindled by a lack of privacy.

Hopefully Cyrrix’s obsession with TW and Indo doesn’t destroy his #1 night a week to relax. eek.

Bestet Spiritpaws – 80 Charr Guardian
Bestet A – 80 Asura Necromancer
[RET] – Retribution

(edited by AvengerCap.7983)

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

The obvious answer is to convert the non-obsessed over to their thinking.

TW needs charismatic buff to get everyone to transfer to JQ.

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

Indo should give an inspirational speech to JQ for the lulz.

I also expect Indo to conduct our server meeting next friday while he’s on JQ o.O

in Match-ups

Posted by: vluhd.7562

vluhd.7562

Good! Use your aggressive feelings, SoR. Let the hate flow through you!

IGN: Toxicodendron Vox
Dragonriders [DR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

A big shout out to all the BG snuggling with us on EB! Those have been some great fights with us wiping and sometimes wiping you. Those defenses at Durios so far have been top notch!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

cyyrix.6105

I also expect Indo to conduct our server meeting next friday while he’s on JQ o.O

hahah I’d love to get the YouTube clip of that one.

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

“We need to rally together to defeat the evil BG menace ummm…Sanctum…no…what server am I on again? KILL BG!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I look at this a different way. I am very pleased with how well Db is doing when we are outside of SEA prime time. There have been times during euro where we have pushed the PPT to over +200 this reset weekend which is generally our worst time zone. During NA prime we have held a decent PPT for a T2 server as well at times.

I appreciate how TW didnt come to Db to mess our glicko up even more after last weeks match.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

“We need to rally together to defeat the evil BG menace ummm…Sanctum…no…what server am I on again? KILL BG!”

Excellent, now embellish to the tune of 15 minutes and we’re in business!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

21835kittenifes.4931:

Welcome to Tier 1 kids.

Not cool.

You are uninformed. This has been a fun match, and T2 was quite even. I feel like DB is learning a lot, and we do just fine when we have the numbers. We just don’t have the population in WvW to fight off JQ or BG atm. That said, I have enjoyed this match up immensely more than last weeks lol. If we had the coverage the other 2 servers had this would be amazing Keep at it everyone, enjoying the fights JQ and BG!

The last 2 weeks you were in T2 was not even. Why, we never figured out, but the amazing push & numbers you guys had the first two weeks was absent in every way. If it were even, it would have been like the third week where we took the lead on the morning before reset. That being said, DB definitely has it in them to make T2 balanced and quite even. They just need to show up next time we all get into the fray. I really hope they do too, and that when we all do meet again, we can bring the tactics we are both learning in our respective tough matchups to the table too.

But otherwise, if I look at your last weeks in T2, I would say it wasn’t even. Maybe reset weekend was, or specific days, but further into the week things changed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

I speak for SOR whole server and we’re fine with tw transferring to collect tears and bags. The spike in this thread of posting hakitten like a glass cannon thieves backstab. Enjoy!

Edit: tiers don’t exist anymore its RNG math. Look for the thread with tier breakdown…

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

21835kittenifes.4931:

Welcome to Tier 1 kids.

Not cool.

The last 2 weeks you were in T2 was not even. Why, we never figured out, but the amazing push & numbers you guys had the first two weeks was absent in every way. If it were even, it would have been like the third week where we took the lead on the morning before reset. That being said, DB definitely has it in them to make T2 balanced and quite even. They just need to show up next time we all get into the fray. I really hope they do too, and that when we all do meet again, we can bring the tactics we are both learning in our respective tough matchups to the table too.

But otherwise, if I look at your last weeks in T2, I would say it wasn’t even. Maybe reset weekend was, or specific days, but further into the week things changed.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/35/73

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/35/71

Those were the last two weeks we were in T2. Those are close matches, the graphs and points don’t lie. Just because we weren’t first doesn’t mean it wasn’t even or a balanced tier haha. The last week, maybe I’ll give you that one. But 28k is not some blowout lead How are you Toasty guys doing by the way? We miss ya :p

in Match-ups

cyyrix.6105

I speak for SOR whole server and we’re fine with tw transferring to collect tears and bags.

A guy gets 50 viewers on his stream one night and suddenly feels like he can speak for the whole server. Some people.

(edited by cyyrix.6105)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

I speak for SOR whole server and we’re fine with tw transferring to collect tears and bags.

A guy gets 50 viewers on his stream one night and suddenly feels like he can speak for the whole server. Some people.

What I had 50! Wonder how many I’d get if i streamed boosting kids arena ratings. kitten world of Warcraft!

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Match-ups

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

More importantly TW and Indo were a huge part of shaping JQ’s WvW community during beta and for the first couple of months after release so many of their members still have friends and former guild mates on JQ. They have always said they would be returning home once they accomplished everything they set out to do on SoR. You never know, maybe they will stick around awhile once they see how hard we continue to fight on with limited resources but I think Indo will always be ever careful about creating another bandwagon situation on any world.

TW is one of the few guilds out there that actually practices what they preach in trying to maintain balanced fights (along with Laylyn from BG who never seems to get a lot of support from his own server in his efforts) and looking for strong competition across worlds. I expect the reason they did not chose to visit DB this week instead has more to do with playing the new glicko system than anything else. It would not help to promote more even match-ups in the future to inflate DB’s rating and then leave them high and dry the next week whereas keeping JQ’s numbers solid helps to ensure more BG/SoR/JQ sets for the best competition under the new system. It will be interesting to see what changes to scoring ANET has in mind for the next batch of WvW fixes tho. Trying to think long term now might not pay off in the manner expected.

So you have managed in no short terms shoot your self in the foot so to speak.
If TW didnt want to goto Db in case they stuffed their glicko system up for them then leave ,then the same can be said in regards to going to JQ. They have even by a small chance shifted JQ’s scoring in the new system giving a complete false reading on that servers performance. JQ has been a highly respected server by all however if they in there current state cannot hold their own then the new server system will adjust them accordantly, however SOR cant have that can they, as you have pointed out Indo has a vested interest in keeping JQ next to Sor in the match ups which looks very sus.

If Indo was concerned about balance then he should of stayed were he was at SOR and let the new system do its job, however it seams from the obvious choices made that no he wants to control his match ups to have SOR and JQ in the same match, even if they don’t atm deserve to be there. So the obvious view that anyone can deduce is that without JQ ,SOR cannot take on BG.

It is quiet apparent over the last few weeks that JQ’s power has shifted and in this weeks match up it shows, If SOR is going to continue to carry JQ then the system is broken before it gets of the ground and that isnt fair to any server in any match up on here, and if the mighty Indo states he wants “balance” then leave things alone to sort them selves out.

I honestly don’t care if TW wants more fights cause their match up is weak this week around, but what they have done is not allow the new system to do its job, instead he wants to bolster JQ’s rating, which isnt fair to them either.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

…snip…

tldr; TW you’re not aloud to have any fun because your decisions impact my life in a negative way.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

The only servers who could take JQ’s spot would have been TC/FA/DB. Both DB and TC are getting their kitten kicked and FA also doesn’t have the coverage. I wouldn’t worry to much about JQ’s rating

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

So you have managed in no short terms shoot your self in the foot so to speak.
If TW didnt want to goto Db in case they stuffed their glicko system up for them then leave ,then the same can be said in regards to going to JQ. They have even by a small chance shifted JQ’s scoring in the new system giving a complete false reading on that servers performance. JQ has been a highly respected server by all however if they in there current state cannot hold their own then the new server system will adjust them accordantly, however SOR cant have that can they, as you have pointed out Indo has a vested interest in keeping JQ next to Sor in the match ups which looks very sus.

If Indo was concerned about balance then he should of stayed were he was at SOR and let the new system do its job, however it seams from the obvious choices made that no he wants to control his match ups to have SOR and JQ in the same match, even if they don’t atm deserve to be there. So the obvious view that anyone can deduce is that without JQ ,SOR cannot take on BG.

It is quiet apparent over the last few weeks that JQ’s power has shifted and in this weeks match up it shows, If SOR is going to continue to carry JQ then the system is broken before it gets of the ground and that isnt fair to any server in any match up on here, and if the mighty Indo states he wants “balance” then leave things alone to sort them selves out.

I honestly don’t care if TW wants more fights cause their match up is weak this week around, but what they have done is not allow the new system to do its job, instead he wants to bolster JQ’s rating, which isnt fair to them either.

Quite a conspiracy.

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

It’s a conspiracy friends. TW went to JQ just to keep them in T1 despite the fact that matchups are pretty random and SoR can’t beat BG without JQ despite the fact that SoR’s TS message all of last week was something along the lines of

“JQ and BG may be 2v1ing for the rest of the week. Prepare your bags”

Seems like BG cannot rationalize with losing ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlasherX.5198

SlasherX.5198

If Indo will go back to Sanctum of Rall he might take a lot of Jade Quarry players with him… If TW will stay then a huge chunk of Indo’s cult member might have a mass exodus.. Stay tuned.. This might be another tier shakedown. A new world order!!
-alex jones

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

It’s a conspiracy friends. TW went to JQ just to keep them in T1 despite the fact that matchups are pretty random and SoR can’t beat BG without JQ despite the fact that SoR’s TS message all of last week was something along the lines of

“JQ and BG may be 2v1ing for the rest of the week. Prepare your bags”

Seems like BG cannot rationalize with losing ^^

1 person does not = the whole server sir. Thought you all would know this by now.

Granted, the last statement was an insensitive statement towards the hard working folks at BG, however I find it quite ridiculous that so many claim that the fair victory was an organized 2v1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Lots of text

I am sorry you feel that way. Here is a hug from me to you <3