7/12: SoS/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Nothing to do with you guys really. I’m thinking we’re slowly prepping to get stomped in t1 and trust me T1 is a lot bigger than us.

so what if you’re a little bit outnumbered in t1, doesn’t mean you have to imbalance yourself for everything else.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

You missed the part when I said t1 is a lot bigger than us. We don’t mind being a “lil bit” outnumbered but it doesn’t hurt to even the gap a lil bit more.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

A question to some Tc’ers, you guys obviously outnumber all of us right. So why do you insist on recruiting new guilds constantly?

I’m not sure of the real reason, but it may very well be because the forum tears taste pretty sweet, almost as nice as the “the meanies attacked me in the JP!” posts.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Nothing to do with you guys really. I’m thinking we’re slowly prepping to get stomped in t1 and trust me T1 is a lot bigger than us.

so what if you’re a little bit outnumbered in t1, doesn’t mean you have to imbalance yourself for everything else.

A… little bit?

JQ greatly surpasses us in numbers, and they are the t1 server with arguably the most coverage issues. A ‘little bit’ is a gross understatement.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I like how you guys brought up T4 as if it was remotely as bad as TC vs SoS.

Recent rematch of SoS/CD/SBI was much closer than TC/FA/SoS rofl.

No tears from me though, couldn’t give less of a kitten about this dumb matchup.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

A… little bit?

JQ greatly surpasses us in numbers, and they are the t1 server with arguably the most coverage issues. A ‘little bit’ is a gross understatement.

JQ are outmanned on 2 bl’s NA primetime, TC have queues on all 4 bl’s during NA primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

Had fun tonight in FABL vs RET/RAM coordinated attacks.

Here is the video of this match-up so far, unbiased view since i kept the parts that we got wiped. Enjoy Keep up the great fights FA!!! Hoping to see SoS more.

Yeh thanks to RET and RAM (RETAM? RAMET? There’s gotta be a name for you guys…) for the open field fights. They were a lot of fun! You guys are working really well together considering how recently RAM transferred. FABL is definitely the place to be for good fights this matchup.

Also, I freaking love the TC militia. I don’t think there is another militia in gw2 you could fight vs 2 organized guilds with and still have a good fight. Amazing watching that vid and seeing lots of them stick on the commander even when they aren’t on voice comms.

This matchup has been way better than DB in terms of open field.

in Match-ups

SquirtyMagoo.8321

You keep assuming TC is recruiting all these guilds. I think it’s more fair to say recently some guilds who have been looking to move have chosen TC. It’s not like TC made their decision :P

Either way servers will always be stronger/weaker than one another, it’s the system that keeps putting us together that I would complain about, rather than the server who happens to be placed against you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Don’t think CD is T3, our off peak time is stronger than theirs and yours were stronger than ours until recently. Maybe top T4….

They have gained some SEA and NA. Judging by how they are handling EB (which is, admittedly focused on BP and vice-versa) I’d say they are now a solid T3 server along with SoS and Maguuma.
I’m really hoping that T2 can get the band back together (or get a little T1 action) so that Mag, SoS, and CD can face each other for the first time ever.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I’d like to see JQ vs TC and FA.

That would settle a few things for starters. FA, deserves the pain for the way they’ve been playing in EB this entire matchup.

JQ is going all over these forums complaining about how bad off they are, and TC needs a challenge since even DB is crying uncle about facing them.

If JQ wins, they’ll shut up about how bad off they are and maybe count a couple of blessings. If TC wins, JQ will completely implode and the transfers will shake up the rankings (hopefully) while removing TC as the T1.5 juggernaut that beats on a T3-T4 server every week.

I think we can all agree that would work for…well everyone.

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

A… little bit?

JQ are outmanned on 2 bl’s NA primetime, TC have queues on all 4 bl’s during NA primetime

On reset night? Yes all four maps are queued. The night aftet reset? More often than not only EBG is queued at NA prime. The rest of the week? Same thing, most of the time only EBG is queued.

In my entire time in WvW I have not encountered a queue on all four maps on a weekday, even on NA prime.

And JQvTCvFA would be interesting indeed.

(edited by electriette.8952)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

A… little bit?

I think you’ll find that none of the top tier servers have population problems. It’s just active WvW players fluctuate based on the match. WvW is an arena you win simply by playing longer than your opponent. This favours the server with the most dedicated guilds and the players playing the longest hours. TC has the numbers. We’ve seen them. During weeks like this one TC has much larger showings than the week TC was placed with SoS and SoR. The same is true of SoS. There will be queues for EB and even SoS bl every day when the server fights SBI and CD but as soon as the server is placed against a (much) stronger server, the fair weather players drop off and the performance of the server is dramatically altered regardless of what their true strength is. This is a design flaw of WvW and it’s made worse because the WvW rankings don’t take into account servers are essentially throwing the match when placed against higher active population servers (they would probably lose anyway, but they lose a lot worse because people don’t turn up).

WvW combat is very different on lower active population servers than it is on high active population servers and the meta that tier one and two servers play (the zerg meta, where you form up a tight ball and run around like lemmings). There are no zerg guilds on SoS any more.

If the rankings consistently placed TC in tier one with BG and SoR I would expect TC to perform just as well or better than JQ over time.

You don’t need to tell people on SoS about the size of tier one servers. SoS was there for a long time and SoS has also spent a lot of time with TC.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

The Dolyak parade will be held this week in TCBL in 30 minutes! Meet at the windmill!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

The thing the seperates the Tier 1 guilds from the Teir 2 guilds is quite simply the level of skill the guilds have.

TC, you have the numbers, it just that you guys would not be able to deal with the talent and skill of the guilds that the tier 1 servers house. That opinion may hurt peoples feelings but it is what i believe.

That and the simple fact that you would not have upgraded towers to defend when NA prime times begins, your strongest timezone.

After being wipe by BT, AGG, TW, and so on, the morale of the server would plummet and the fair-weathers would go into hiding, then you could complain about being outmanned. But as you stand now, you have the population of a tier 1 server

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

What I meant by coverage issue mainly pertained to active/dedicated WvWers. I’m fully aware that top tier servers will always have enough people to queue maps, though this is not always the case because some people do lose interest when they’re losing (and of course other factors can come into play).

As for the skill gap between t1 and t2, yes I do agree, and I believe this became evident when we faced SoR. Though this is just a general observation from my standpoint.

(edited by electriette.8952)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Fighting TC is amusing actually. Their zergs – as long as you’re not in their path – will completely ignore you when they’re in transit from one objective to another.

Of course there is the overzealous one or two that break from the pack. Then get murdered when they realize their zerg left them and I get a free daily kill count.

Oh and that TC thief that was knocking on our EB keep door yesterday. You sure are persistent. Thanks for the 10 free kills though. Stealth traps are lovely. Love from a non-stealth abusing thief. ^^

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

The thing the seperates the Tier 1 guilds from the Teir 2 guilds is quite simply the level of skill the guilds have.

TC, you have the numbers, it just that you guys would not be able to deal with the talent and skill of the guilds that the tier 1 servers house. That opinion may hurt peoples feelings but it is what i believe.

That and the simple fact that you would not have upgraded towers to defend when NA prime times begins, your strongest timezone.

After being wipe by BT, AGG, TW, and so on, the morale of the server would plummet and the fair-weathers would go into hiding, then you could complain about being outmanned. But as you stand now, you have the population of a tier 1 server

Not nescsarily well defninitely not for the oceanic side, when Awe from TC went to t1 for that one week they demolished all othe t1 guilds at GvG, and when we were fighting many of those guilds in open field we were beating them aswell.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

You wonder why FA or parts of give the server an unsavoury reputation ……ask the Dolak parade .Well announced in advance well attended SOS TC .Peacefull bit of fun ..
so 2 guild FA or part of attack the parade repeatedly .

Can do it yes …was neccesary no ..it simply displays again a rather poor attitude .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aralura.5129

Aralura.5129

Way to rain on my dolyak parade, FA.

[Envy]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smores.9034

Smores.9034

The Dolyak parade will be held this week in TCBL in 30 minutes! Meet at the windmill!

Thank for hosting the Yak Parade. I had a blast until some cranky people came along.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

you guys should stop worrying about playing for points, it is pointless with ANET’s new system. Play in open field, tone up your skills. We will be returning very soon to see the overall progress.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

you guys should stop worrying about playing for points, it is pointless with ANET’s new system. Play in open field, tone up your skills. We will be returning very soon to see the overall progress.

this worries me

in Match-ups

Posted by: SnakeMx.3784

SnakeMx.3784

So kitten funny to see how TC whines about zerging, when is the only thing they do. No wonder why you get your butt kicked against T1 servers

[RET] Warrior

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

A… little bit?

Rofl, thats our fairweathers dude, they’ll be gone as soon we start losing and we’ll be go back to a queue on 1 or 2 maps

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in Match-ups

SquirtyMagoo.8321

I think the jump from T2 to T1 will be a shock for any guild. You simply just don’t get enough open field fights in T2 at the moment. The mantra on all sides seems to be ‘if outnumbered or even, run back to tower’.

I can understand this, but its hard to get any better just rolling with superior numbers. I know its easy to say this being on TC but last night in FABL when we had lost a lot of people and were fighting 30v60, I learnt a lot more about staying tight on commander and being fast with stun-breaks or water fields than I ever did when it is the other way around.

I think guild pride has a lot to do with it too. If people were more willing to wipe in order to learn from it this tier would get a lot better a lot quicker.

I think this is something the EU servers got right a long time ago. They seem to care less overall for the PPT and just play for the fights in order to get better.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

I think the jump from T2 to T1 will be a shock for any guild. You simply just don’t get enough open field fights in T2 at the moment. The mantra on all sides seems to be ‘if outnumbered or even, run back to tower’.

I can understand this, but its hard to get any better just rolling with superior numbers. I know its easy to say this being on TC but last night in FABL when we had lost a lot of people and were fighting 30v60, I learnt a lot more about staying tight on commander and being fast with stun-breaks or water fields than I ever did when it is the other way around.

I think guild pride has a lot to do with it too. If people were more willing to wipe in order to learn from it this tier would get a lot better a lot quicker.

I think this is something the EU servers got right a long time ago. They seem to care less overall for the PPT and just play for the fights in order to get better.

Totally right man i think i should start rolling with you on WvW PM me ^.^

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

EU is definately the place to be. Trust me on this.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Darn EU folks recruiting from our matchup thread!

;-)

Heya Jayne, we miss you!

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

;-)

Heya Jayne, we miss you!

Hi love

I’ll just leave these cookies here.

*whistles

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

;-)

Heya Jayne, we miss you!

Hi love

I’ll just leave these cookies here.

*whistles

/dreamysighs

Cookies… nomnomnom

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I miss Jayne too, Dhampyr. :P

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Charlie.5680

Charlie.5680

I’m gonna need you to explain something, TC. You were attacking Durios a moment ago, I was using an arrowcart near the stairs in front of the gate and was shooting the gate, how the hell did you hit me with an arrowcart?

Nice glitch.

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

I’m gonna need you to explain something, TC. You were attacking Durios a moment ago, I was using an arrowcart near the stairs in front of the gate and was shooting the gate, how the hell did you hit me with an arrowcart?

Nice glitch.

How is this still an issue..? I thought we have been through this a lot :p

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

That’s a great post, and very accurate. It is very noticeable after facing TC the past 4-5 weeks. The style of play is not a one off. It’s fairly consistent. TCs numbers seem to have grown from 5 weeks ago. I am curious how they will do vs a tier 1 server next time.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Keep it up combatants. What you feel right now, if being owned (to sos and fa), is how easily SOR smashed us when we were against them, with occasional victories on our part (and a constant score of below 200 at all times – meaning we had it worse than you guys are doing now).

And because TC herself wants to improve, recruiting players is simply a matter of consequence. And I think all servers seek this too.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Keep it up combatants. What you feel right now, if being owned (to sos and fa), is how easily SOR smashed us when we were against them, with occasional victories on our part (and a constant score of below 200 at all times – meaning we had it worse than you guys are doing now).

And because TC herself wants to improve, recruiting players is simply a matter of consequence. And I think all servers seek this too.

You say TC wants to get better ? Recruiting more numbers isn’t the answer. It definitely helps, but your style of play will dictate that you will need a much larger population to beat any specific server….and I am not talking about skill. You’re fighting skills are fine. The passive, avoid fights at all costs when you don’t out number your opponent, play style will prevent you from getting to where you want to go.

The Art of War is a great read, but even Sun Tzu sometimes said kitten it, get ready to rumble.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

A question to some Tc’ers, you guys obviously outnumber all of us right. So why do you insist on recruiting new guilds constantly?

Sorry lol but you have no idea what you’re talking about (mostly because you’re not even on TC). Nobody is recruiting so go away.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

The passive, avoid fights at all costs when you don’t out number your opponent, play style will prevent you from getting to where you want to go.

Playstyle isn’t a factor when we go up against a T1 server, I’ve seen plenty of Toasters fighting Rallians outnumbered and outgunned the last time we fought them. Most of you guys are just overthinking the situation. This week has just been about fairweathers and newcomers trying out WvW in TC….

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

Sorry lol but you have no idea what you’re talking about (mostly because you’re not even on TC). Nobody is recruiting so go away.

I think i do, i’ve been in TC before and have scouted TC many a times following so i’ve been following the trend TC has been following. What started from a honey badger community focused not caring about the ppt militia focus server has turned into a generic t1 power hungry server. I’m sure many of the TC vets have taken note to the changes.

Also in the past 2 weeks, TC has recruited 2 new NA guilds.

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

Would you really have us stay here? TC is growing and that’s something we can’t control, I don’t want to be in T1, but I don’t wanna be that guy picking on smaller tiers. Trust me on this one, our core would rather be the underdog again…

You may have scouted TC, but you have no idea who we really are. That’s something you learn when you really fight for this server..

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

Would you really have us stay here? TC is growing and that’s something we can’t control, I don’t want to be in T1, but I don’t wanna be that guy picking on smaller tiers. Trust me on this one, our core would rather be the underdog again…

But it’s random matches, say if you guys miracilously break the t1 triumvirate then who’s to say you won’t continue to face lower tiers like what’s happening in the EU side.

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

But it’s random matches, say if you guys miracilously break the t1 triumvirate then who’s to say you won’t continue to face lower tiers like what’s happening in the EU side.

You noticed the T1 servers in NA hasn’t been changing that much? Sure, one of them would probably come down here and demolished everyone, but the change would be nice in that matchup every now and then.

Don’t mistake us for being a server that wants to “shoot” their way to the top. TC has always been slow, we take our time and enjoy every fight on every tier we’ve been in, but we’re simply too big right now and it’s evident that we’ve overstayed our welcome here judging from SOS’ gradual change of attitude of going up against a server stronger than them. We have to move on now.

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karmablah.4531

Karmablah.4531

[KH] hiding behind towers and stuff etc

People won’t like this music – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQNm-KnQHGY

Youtube jerks muted the audio – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7GAUpRa0QE

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I’m gonna be honest and say TC is very good at supply management and defending with skeleton crews (A T1 level in this regard), but there are a lot of other area’s were TC is still playing like a sub T6 server.

As a whole your server has specs and gear more suited for cof, you guys are so squishy and thats one of the reasons equal numbered fights dont go your way. You guys need to learn how to use havoc squads and multiple commanders instead of trying to accomplish everything with one large zerg. You don’t need an 80 man to take a camp or to stop 4 people with 1 ram banging on a tower.

Other than that do some open field training, get your militia involved and practice, send 15 against 30 just to see how you do and how to improve. If you keep running back to those arrow carts you will never learn what you need to learn to hold your own in T1

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: AceRox.9465

AceRox.9465

Hi SoS/FA,

INVC is looking for GvG right now. Please msg me ingame if interested

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

IF this many people showed for a T1 match and not a T2-T3-T4 score-stomp (not skill stomp, score stomp) then we might actually give a T1 server a run for its money. We would lose, but it would not be by 100-150k…

TC as it stands today has a lot of work to do. Old TC might have ran on sleep deprived NA’ers but at least we knew one another and played some pretty tight defense.

I am just waiting for at least one T1 in one of our future. :\

currently leveling her Ele.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I love how everyone knows exactly what the other server needs to get better and likes to use a condescending tone when they “offer suggestions”. Nobody is perfect and we are all playing a game, enough with the posturing and leave the fights to the field.

SoS and FA great fights this week. TC what can I say I love this server!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

I’m gonna be honest and say TC is very good at supply management and defending with skeleton crews (A T1 level in this regard), but there are a lot of other area’s were TC is still playing like a sub T6 server.

As a whole your server has specs and gear more suited for cof, you guys are so squishy and thats one of the reasons equal numbered fights dont go your way. You guys need to learn how to use havoc squads and multiple commanders instead of trying to accomplish everything with one large zerg. You don’t need an 80 man to take a camp or to stop 4 people with 1 ram banging on a tower.

Other than that do some open field training, get your militia involved and practice, send 15 against 30 just to see how you do and how to improve. If you keep running back to those arrow carts you will never learn what you need to learn to hold your own in T1

SOS advice on not running to AC ……………………amusing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deyja.6745

Deyja.6745

We are not recruiting guilds and many, myself included, would prefer some of these guilds went to other servers so there was some semblance of competition past reset night. That said, guilds are free to do as they wish and no-one on TC can stop them from transferring, nor can I blame them as the atmosphere of WvW is great here.

The fact that anyone from SoS is trying to make any judgements on skill level is laughable as whenever I personally have found you even on a map you’re far squishier than FA and it’s not even remotely challenging to kill you solo or in a group. As for FA I don’t like you guys personally but I sure am hoping you guys get some transfers (and you seem to have gotten at least one that I noticed today) because you put up far more of a fight than SoS or any other server we’ve faced in the last month, so good luck to you.

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Generalizations are silly, but thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Bottom line, in individual fights, SoS and FA are both fun servers to be up against, and some groups are pretty skilled. As far as bringing motivation for TC as a server to “get better”, though… well, the challenge just isn’t there. With the random matchups, we may get a T1 server for a week or two, but most likely not for enough time for us to adapt and knock the rust off.

So, again, thanks for the suggestions… I just think they’re a bit pointless.

Tarnished Coast