7/19 BG-SoR-DB

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

BG certainly has the best numbers and coverage in this match-up.

But the score(BG up about 40k at this point) leaves out certain specific details.

DB over the weekend spent a vast amount of our limited off-hour numbers holding SoR bl’s bay keep for several days. Add in the tower and nearby supply camps and dolyaks, and that sapped between 10-15k points from SoR(Assuming SoR had taken and held it generally from reset night onwards).

Second, the bugged SE tower in BG bl along with dolyak deliveries there gives up to 2700 points a day.

Taken together, these two factors would peel roughly 20k off BG’s current lead if neither had occurred.

So while BG would still be in the lead, it would not be quite so far in the lead.

Bugged tower gives 960 points per day.

Ugh stop with the math!

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

SoR BL has been a blast tonight. Hopefully we give these T1 people the idea that yes we are actually in this match up.

From my (rather limited, admittedly) experience in this matchup, I think the reason why you see a lot of SoR and BG people disappointed is because DB has been running away from a lot of fights, even when you have comparable numbers. Also, I’ve seen more than a few 5-10 man teams going about their business, and SoR/BG don’t really play like that.

Take it for what you want, but that’s what I’ve seen.

Funny you mention this. I stomped a group of tsym yesterday with a few people and they went scampering back to their keep when there was even numbers.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

\o/ its a miracle the forums are not boring today…..or yesterday (stupid timezones)

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

That whole transfering is pretty funny. Noodles and his brothers join TKG again and WARD jumps the ship like PRX always did and talk about a toxic community.
Sometimes it’s really better not to look back. It’s ok if you leave, but calling a community toxic who supported you and your guild is really stupid.
Grow some balls, get some honor and shut up, thank you.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Too many guardians in BG… my log always shows death by “Wave of Wrath”

Dragonbrand

(edited by Calvin.5380)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

How else are we gonna guard the gate???!

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

BG destroyed both servers when there was a lower tier server in the mix, but to show true superiority BG needs to become a King maker. BG needs to choose who becomes second place. Then they will truly put JQ and SOR in their place.

Dominating NA prime time on a NA server is what is actually required. Until that happens…… /shrug

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I say forget about being “truly superior.” Winning should be enough.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

SoR BL thanks for the bags DB too stronk it seems

[NS] [rB] [EAT] [qT] squad deep

Anet Nerf qT Please.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

SoR NA havn’t done anything special neither without JQ . . .

BG

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

That whole transfering is pretty funny. Noodles and his brothers join TKG again and WARD jumps the ship like PRX always did and talk about a toxic community.
Sometimes it’s really better not to look back. It’s ok if you leave, but calling a community toxic who supported you and your guild is really stupid.

same could be said to thos who send messages harassing ppl. Everyone does wut they think is best for themselves and there friends/guild mates, harassing them for this is Sad.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

BG destroyed both servers when there was a lower tier server in the mix, but to show true superiority BG needs to become a King maker. BG needs to choose who becomes second place. Then they will truly put JQ and SOR in their place.

Dominating NA prime time on a NA server is what is actually required. Until that happens…… /shrug

We’re sorry they didn’t make servers for all the other timezones.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

With the amount of times that Anet has very vocally, very clearly, and without ambiguity, come out and said “WvW is a 24 hour game and is about how well a server can maintain their score 24 hours a day for the match”, it absolutely baffles me how people on the most populous servers in the game are still deluded enough to argue that off-NA-Hours playtime is less valid than NA primetime play.

Dragonbrand

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

same could be said to thos who send messages harassing ppl. Everyone does wut they think is best for themselves and there friends/guild mates, harassing them for this is Sad.

They don’t harass them for leaving. It’s they way they left and they way they treated the community. And calling them toxic in that thread doesn’t make it really better.
You can go where ever you want as a guild, but blaming everyone else and taking that for a reason is disgusting
What did they expect to happen? JQ goes “hooray” for WARD/Aco leaving to the strongest NA in T1 without telling anyone?
That “toxic community” supported their pin and group in the bl on that thursday when everyone already knew they will leave.

good luck on SoR with best regards from that toxic community.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

I found some friends in BG LA! Party time :P

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

They don’t harass them for leaving. It’s they way they left and they way they treated the community. And calling them toxic in that thread doesn’t make it really better.
You can go where ever you want as a guild, but blaming everyone else and taking that for a reason is disgusting
What did they expect to happen? JQ goes “hooray” for WARD/Aco leaving to the strongest NA in T1 without telling anyone?
That “toxic community” supported their pin and group in the bl on that thursday when everyone already knew they will leave.

I’unno what you’re supposed to do,
But when DB guilds/members leave we all wish them well and goodluck, etc.

“Hooray” might be a little over the top.
But there’s a general civility and good sportsmanship that you can observe.

Doesn’t really matter why a guild chooses to leave or what they say about a server after they do. The best you accomplish by engaging in these forum wars with ex-servermates or whatever is that you make your own community come off as rather bitter.

Yeahyeah, OnePersonDoesn’tRepresentTheWholeServer, I know.
But people still take a server’s forum presence as an indication of the server’s overall community.

Dragonbrand

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

With the amount of times that Anet has very vocally, very clearly, and without ambiguity, come out and said “WvW is a 24 hour game and is about how well a server can maintain their score 24 hours a day for the match”, it absolutely baffles me how people on the most populous servers in the game are still deluded enough to argue that off-NA-Hours playtime is less valid than NA primetime play.

It’s been a common theme from certain posters that play on a certain server for months and months. One word. Ego.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Score Update!

Must be people waiting in queue for WvW. :P

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Yes yes yes it is! Did you hear? Apparently if you wear a commander tag you get into the map faster! Totally is true…..

Would I lie to you?

The LOVE asura <3

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Score Update!

Yes yes yes it is! Did you hear? Apparently if you wear a commander tag you get into the map faster! Totally is true…..

Would I lie to you?

I think thats a myth tbh.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Would I lie to you?

I think thats a myth tbh.

kitten it! IRON trolling me again……. I fall cry myself to sleep tonight…. :P

The LOVE asura <3

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Lol half of MERC are guardians. But the true question is ,who guards the guards

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

Duh, everyone knows it’s engineers!

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Warriors and guardians are brothers in arms.

BeeGee
Beast mode

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

it absolutely baffles me how people on the most populous servers in the game are still deluded enough to argue that off-NA-Hours playtime is less valid than NA primetime play.

Who made that argument? Looks like something you injected into a comment that was never there to begin with. I agree with you, this is a 24 hour a day game and worrying about time slots you don’t play in is pointless.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

SoR NA havn’t done anything special neither without JQ . . .

There is nothing special left, just routine bag collection. I kept hoping for a 2v1 for weeks from BG and JQ during NA hours, even blatantly asking for it in the match-up threads, and it never happened.

Anyways…. Just trying to keep the game interesting. Glad DB is in the match this week, its nice to have an opponent that stays and fights for a change.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Hands down the coolest thing I’ve seen in forever is the way DB attacks. It’s like a MF marching band. The DB zerg will charge at the keep, then split into 3 groups and move at you with 3 smaller zergs, falling back and charging forward separately. It’s so fluid and new to us.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: greenslab.9425

greenslab.9425

I don’t post much on these forums, but reading them is always good entertainment at work. The past few days has reinforced the decision our community made to transfer, shout out to our new home for the warm welcome!

JQ, we look forward to seeing you all next week on the battlefield! I like to think that the perpetrators are all in on an organized plan to pump up fighters on JQ and SoR to ensure the best of fights next week.

Nausarus of [ONE]
fightasone.enjin.com

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Don’t worry SoR, you are an official T1 server now for life anyhow, as Prx/Ward just bandwagoned over to you!

You can’t say your stacked until that particular group of spineless groupies pays you a visit.

Mance, we in WARD are not all PRX and come from many different guilds and backgrounds. PRX is actually still on JQ. WARD spent a lot of time and effort to prevent and minimize drama and fall out of us moving. We went to many community leaders one on one and talked to them and many give their best wishes and keep in touch with many of us in a positive manner.

What I’m getting tired of is the fact you are personally attacking and harassing members of my guild in whispers. Stop harassing WARD members.

It was this exact type toxic environment that we were trying to get away from on JQ. We did not ever say in public such a thing to prevent any fall out from it but that is the plain and simple truth. It’s one of the major reasons we moved.

We also wanted a more WvW focused community that actually tried to improve constantly, that worked well together and the added bonus of having people to play with for our members in the off hours beyond just the 4 hours of NA prime time. The game is a little stale for many members and with them spending majority of their time in LA or farming achievement points when they want to be in WvW but there isn’t anyone on the maps, they get bored and quit the game. Either we try and help prevent this or we loose member after member.

As for the SoR decision, we knew the shear amount of guilds that had transferred and were recruited to BG and it was already becoming very evident in the gameplay. We thought about lower tiers but a certain guild leader of a guild that had already experienced doing so was asked by me what did they think after they transferred to a lower tier. I was told that it was fun for 2 weeks but got extremely boring after that and they even transferred back to a T1 server. Look at the lower tiers and the extreme one sided battles do not look fun or appealing to us. SoR has coverage gaps and even the NA isn’t as strong as people thing and there are changes happening in some of those guilds that left a wonderful spot for us to help contribute and go out and have fun.

Bottom line. Get over it. It wasn’t anything personal against you, your guild or anyone on JQ. We moved for our members, trying to do what was best for them and keep them in game and having fun.

Also:

STOP HARASSING MY MEMBERS.

Thank you.

I stopped visiting these public forum things, but a member of mine copy/pasted this interesting read. Being called toxic as a community really hurts, especially when it comes from someone you’ve supported to the max since day one of working on the same side. I have tagged up personally and even played purposeful cannonfodder for you and your team on multiple occaisions to acheive team goals on map together. Wiping the mega blobs in tandem with open communication and really working as a team, yet…I am tossed in with this label of “toxicity.” All I can really say is, not cool…

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Last week I was in SoR and many people already knew about these 2 guilds jumping from JQ to SoR. As I knew it and JQ cant be any longer a threat to BG nor SoR I just went back to BG.
XD

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Neuromancer.2148

Last week I was in SoR and many people already knew about these 2 guilds jumping from JQ to SoR. As I knew it and JQ cant be any longer a threat to BG nor SoR I just went back to BG.
XD

JQ is still a force to be reckoned with. They’re dominating their match, and still can decide whether SoR or BG takes the crown in a classic BG-JQ-SoR brawl.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

SoR BL has been a blast tonight. Hopefully we give these T1 people the idea that yes we are actually in this match up.

From my (rather limited, admittedly) experience in this matchup, I think the reason why you see a lot of SoR and BG people disappointed is because DB has been running away from a lot of fights, even when you have comparable numbers. Also, I’ve seen more than a few 5-10 man teams going about their business, and SoR/BG don’t really play like that.

Take it for what you want, but that’s what I’ve seen.

Funny you mention this. I stomped a group of tsym yesterday with a few people and they went scampering back to their keep when there was even numbers.

ohh this right here is gonna be the start of sor vs db in the forums.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

Having an awesome time so far in this match up, thanks for all the good fights!

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

A question why transfer to SoR, infact why transfer at all?

Yeah, it’s not even that they left, it’s where they went that makes everyone laugh. That and the nonsense excuses when they could just man up and admit that they’d rather join a winner than play to be a winner.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

Well i would not expect any less from the SOR forum trolls in here. You call BGs server crap and our guilds crap, and make EVERY excuse in the book….. I only have 1 thing to say to all your comments about BG and coverage and 2v1 and everything you spew forth from your mouths……

You are LOSING by 46 THOUSAND points right now…….. there is nothing else to say, no witty comeback, no snide remark that will get you those points back, no excuse you can use will get you the lead either! If you want to win then come take it from us. Until then you are nothing to us but 2nd place. So use all the excuses you want but as of right now BG is WAXING the floor with you.

/commence the SOR excuses and whining now.

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Well i would not expect any less from the SOR forum trolls in here. You call BGs server crap and our guilds crap, and make EVERY excuse in the book….. I only have 1 thing to say to all your comments about BG and coverage and 2v1 and everything you spew forth from your mouths……

You are LOSING by 46 THOUSAND points right now…….. there is nothing else to say, no witty comeback, no snide remark that will get you those points back, no excuse you can use will get you the lead either! If you want to win then come take it from us. Until then you are nothing to us but 2nd place. So use all the excuses you want but as of right now BG is WAXING the floor with you.

Anyone considering transferring to BG, take a look at this post. This is who you will become, if by nothing else association. If you’re good with that, then obviously that’s where you belong. Just don’t fall under the illusion you can go there and fix it.

#TeamJadeQuarry

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

I know, but SoR is so stacked…………………………..

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Neuromancer.2148

Well to be fair, we have a clearer idea of just how much JQ influenced the match scores. Once the foot was off our neck, we get to really see how tough Blackgate became from the constant pressure week in and week out.

But I don’t believe we’re seeing a completely accurate picture here. SoR’s oceanic and SEA is kitten for some reason leading to the massive point gaps for very long hours. It’s so far off from the neck-a-neck match we just had last week (with a lead that only extended once the match was practically over) that I’m seeing it as more of a fluke until it proves to be a consistent, demonstrated dominance. We have proven that Blackgate is worthy of respect; let’s not cheat ourselves of that by our conduct.

To the others who responded to this post: there have been a number of attacks, personal and server-wide, and vicious, that have been leveled at Blackgate, so you’ll have to excuse the people who feel vindictive.

(edited by Neuromancer.2148)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Anyone considering transferring to BG, take a look at this post. This is who you will become, if by nothing else association. If you’re good with that, then obviously that’s where you belong. Just don’t fall under the illusion you can go there and fix it.

So stop complaining loosing to guilds two SoR ( a W is in wrong place : will you find it? )

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

You still need a bit practice to become another ‘pot’ here on this forum, but your trolling skills are improved lately! Well done.

[IRON]

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Josh.3759

Josh.3759

Wanted to make a special shout-out to everyone who takes the time to write in the forums. Being in the workforce like many others we often have many boring days, thanks for the morning giggles. Also I have question for a statement that was made earlier, do guilds like it when you wipe a massive blob with 20 or 30 guys and 1 pug not on Ts rally’s them all? Not only this happens weekly but too often in JQ, happens less often in Bg and SoR just I would leave too just saying….

Good Fights GvG | WvW Team
| LvL 80 elementalist Call Meh God | Multi-Gaming no lifer

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So stop complaining loosing to guilds two SoR ( a W is in wrong place : will you find it? )

My apologies… I don’t recall complaining.

#TeamJadeQuarry

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

You call BGs server crap and our guilds crap

/shrug
Nothing says champion like needing seigerazer on your home BL during primetime, eh?
You win this week, grants. Pressures off, no ppt defense to attend. GvG time?

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Personally I won’t classified PRX and WARD in same category. Even though a lot of their members/leaders of WARD are from PRX, it’s not the same guild. They have somewhat different leadership. The PRX I’ve known and respected was long gone when they went unofficial. PRX prior to being unofficial would usually come out to play a lot more. Their contributions would’ve been felt.

There have been commander(s) who left PRX even before the final transfer over to JQ. I know because I was shocked to see 1 in another SOS (now BG) guild still? Most of the commanders I would pick out to follow in PRX are not even playing already. There’s only one WARD (former PRX) that was in SOS back when they were a low tier, that I still have some respect for…

I still see a few PRX people in JQ, so it’s not really fair for the remaining folks… Good luck to WARD on the ventures to SOR! For some folks, it’s probably tough to not always be winning. But seriously, is it that fun when you can win a fight by just pounding 1 key and being part of the megablobs??? For my low level char in SOR, it’s not fun, but a necessity to level up. I already know who to follow on SOR. It’s usually a commander from TW or Iron.

-S o S-

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Don’t hurt you’re self with your chest thumping, funny how many times SOR was beating BG by large point spreads before and BG & JQ always 2v1 SOR that’s a well known fact. I guess many people have early stages of Alzheimer’s.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Time to change the topic from BG and SoR are stacked, TC IS STACKED! I was quite surprised to see it is the only server on FULL status. :P

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Wanted to make a special shout-out to everyone who takes the time to write in the forums. Being in the workforce like many others we often have many boring days, thanks for the morning giggles…

Completely agree with this. Definitely helps pass the time listening to boring earnings’ calls.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rodzilla.6251

Rodzilla.6251

Don’t hurt you’re self with your chest thumping, funny how many times SOR was beating BG by large point spreads before and BG & JQ always 2v1 SOR that’s a well known fact. I guess many people have early stages of Alzheimer’s.

Everyone knows that every server has a 14 yeard old kid that manages to find his way on the forums. I am on BG and I can tell you thats not the way 95% of us act of think. I cant talk for the other 5%. Ferris Bewler you fall in that 5. Stop being a tool please. Your making us look bad.

I have adrimation for all our enemies, you guys are the reason WvW stays intresting.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

For one I’m not a 14 year old kid, nice try, you fail at insults, stay classy BG and thanks for all the loot bags.

Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking. Read his statement again.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

For one I’m not a 14 year old kid, nice try, you fail at insults, stay classy BG and thanks for all the loot bags.

Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking. Read his statement again.

err yeah I caught that and edit my post lol, too many things going on at the moment, it happens.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet