7/19 BG-SoR-DB

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Dear SoR,
Could you tell us before reset if you plan on training next week too?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laylyn.6018

Laylyn.6018

I don’t understand why people are talking about how not caring about the PPT as if being flippant about the core mechanic of this game mode were the nobler pursuit of WvW. Isn’t this why you fight harder? Isn’t this why balance among the servers actually matters? If your server’s score isn’t up to par, just laugh it off and say you’ll do better next week. To say it doesn’t matter compared to some random pursuit is dishonest and discredits the entire community.

Definitely, ppt does matter to an extent, but only an extremely small one, to Rallians. SoR simply doesn’t want to ever become past rank 1 servers that got too obsessed getting first. With this obsession, more and more people will become extremely affected, causing the server to have more and more fairweathers. We don’t wish for this to happen. It’s our server’s philosophy. That’s why many Rallians are trying to completely ignore the score and say “I don’t care about ppt”. The score is just a nice bonus for us.

I care about the score to the point of keeping us in a competitive matchup against other players. Beyond that, I could care less. I actually prefer losing as it reduces our queues A LOT and leads to more opponents showing up which drives up the level of difficulty. Queues 4 weeks ago stretched into an hour if not more. My queue was 2 mins the other night.

Yeah. Same. I used to care a lot, but grew not to care. Stressing the ppt and score will just simply strain the server and it’s players more as they do overtime to win the matchup. The fights are the most important. The more bags the better.

yea bro

thank to your kindness of losing by blow out points. so none of us havn’t had to play

overtime

keep on doing that in lower tier as well and a lot of ppl will love you guys

You realize there are no more tiers right? BG may find themselves in a once called T3 match next week. You never know

I’ll agree with this. One of the fun things to track is how much the EU bracket has changed already.

VS was EU’s number one server for most weeks since launch. http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/16 In week 18, VS was rocking a 2250 rating and they are now rocking a 1983 rating while winning all but two matches. There are also effectively 10 servers (AR week 28) in that top bracket now, which one could argue is the new EU Tier One.

Rotations like this were one of the cornerstones we hoped for back when the player base was striving for 6-9 competitive servers. They should evolve in that direction in the NA bracket with time.

Glicko was responsible for many of the headaches people when through in the past. This rotation will be painful in the short run, but once it gets going NA side, it should really help a lot of servers.

My 2 cents. Your mileage may vary.

/salute

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Dear SoR,

SoR let BG win this week.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

Dear SoR,

Finally some truths from SoR… I beleive that.

Just hope its as obvious to everyone.

Edit:

Oh wait, totally misjudged that sry. Its more likely some premature chest thumping of whats to come next week, as you allready “sealed the deal”, and dont need to act like an underdog anymore.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

(edited by Cod on Cod.3694)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Dear SoR,

Finally some truths from SoR… I beleive that.

Just hope its as obvious to everyone.

We’ve been playing possum the last few weeks in order to get more guilds in. All these BG wins are just hollow victories.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Underdog server? Hhmmm.. 2 JQNA guild just transferred to SOR and SOR recruited IRON & KISS a while back.

But only BG became FULL since then.

BG was the first server to become FULL before the previous increase in server cap. Now they are FULL. Just a heads up, SoR has never become full. BG also employs black outs to make sure the server goes to very high for a few moments to cramp more transfers over on a frequent basis.
As far as I’m concerned BG just running CoF all day to buy more guilds when they’re stuck in queue in all timezones.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight I present you with the chance to relive the 45 omega golem rush that was done on BG BL the other night. I would like to give a big thanks to Icoa and Merc for being wonderful host that night.

And we finally get proof of their training, in pvdoor!

New bunker meta sux

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nafta.4716

Nafta.4716

Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight I present you with the chance to relive the 45 omega golem rush that was done on BG BL the other night. I would like to give a big thanks to Icoa and Merc for being wonderful host that night.

You are trying so hard. It’s kind of disgusting.

Fact [IRON] – Sanctum of Rall
Former Commander of TL and the Ascension Alliance
(If you think GIFs are spam, you’re an idiot)

(edited by Nafta.4716)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

So you are saying it was not a training excercise? Because, yes, 45 golem rushes are done regularly right?

New bunker meta sux

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nafta.4716

Nafta.4716

So you are saying it was not a training excercise? Because, yes, 45 golem rushes are done regularly right?

Many of our top guilds were doing GvG training, we can’t account for the rallians though. You’re grasping at straws, mate, and I’d rather have you grasping at something else, if you catch my drift.

Fact [IRON] – Sanctum of Rall
Former Commander of TL and the Ascension Alliance
(If you think GIFs are spam, you’re an idiot)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Cod on Cod.3694

Underdog server? Hhmmm.. 2 JQNA guild just transferred to SOR and SOR recruited IRON & KISS a while back.

But only BG became FULL since then.

BG was the first server to become FULL before the previous increase in server cap. Now they are FULL. Just a heads up, SoR has never become full. BG also employs black outs to make sure the server goes to very high for a few moments to cramp more transfers over on a frequent basis.
As far as I’m concerned BG just running CoF all day to buy more guilds when they’re stuck in queue in all timezones.

Nah

Ok, i’ll ellaborate.

- First one to go full after the cap was raised was TC.
- Blackouts are so 2 months ago. (atleast I’ve only heard talk of one that was canceled since i’ve been on BG for the last 3 months)
- BG offered assistance to guild wanting to transfer. Fractions of what was needed, but they did.

As far as im concerned, you Sir are ignorant.

P.S. Welcome back to the forums Fact, hope the new account survives!

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Dear SoR,

You will find out during that week

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Cod on Cod.3694

Dear SoR,

Translation:

“If our newest acquisition falls through and underperforms, or our NA gets dominated when trying to teach BG SEA a lesson, then yes”.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Dear SoR,

Translation:

“If our newest acquisition falls through and underperforms, or our NA gets dominated when trying to teach BG SEA a lesson, then yes”.

Sorry i typed “you will find out during that week” into google translate and it came out as “you will find out during that week” :/

The rebirth begins

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

Dear SoR,

Translation:

Sorry i typed “you will find out during that week” into google translate and it came out as “you will find out during that week” :/

You too? I was looking for the option to translate into forum troll but couldn’t find it.

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

http://www.gizoogle.net/

This is where I google everything especially the forums.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

… But have nothing to do with server strength/rank anymore.

Rofl… Yeah, it’s just a huge coincidence that the strongest servers are on the top and the weakest are on the bottom.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cosmic.2150

Cosmic.2150

Just want to take a minute and give props to the guys from DB. Good fights this week, had a lot of fun out there. I noticed over the last night or two you’ve adopted the “run map blob” tactic. I get it, it’s the only viable counter, though I would like to advise you to NOT continue using it if the match-ups change next week. You’ll quickly find that it makes for the least fun WvW experience. Just a heads up.

Your small group tactics were pretty kitten amusing over the weekend, and so much more fun then any week night has been.

Edit: I missed an N in then.

The Whitepuffs – SoR [HL]

(edited by Cosmic.2150)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Cod on Cod.3694

Rofl… Yeah, it’s just a huge coincidence that the strongest servers are on the top and the weakest are on the bottom.

So in week 23 SoR was only the 4th best server, even though they won the top 3 ranked server matchup in week 22 by 54k ? They sure blossomed to go on and win top 3 ranked server matchup again in week 24 by ~20k.

/sigh

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Just wanted to bring it up to everyone again, that one persons opinions on the forums do not represent the servers opinions. Also side note best of luck to WARD and Akitten SoR! Keep it classy guys it is a game.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

apparently Aco gets changed to Akitten? LOL

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

just ignore it ….

we all know it’s just a dumb excuse from Losing side.

they know they cant complete with us this week. that’s it ….

You do realize that in Tier 2 or below, SoR would cakewalk over any opposition and be back in Tier 1 before you could blink. Also, penguins.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

So in week 23 SoR was only the 4th best server, even though they won the top 3 ranked server matchup in week 22 by 54k ? They sure blossomed to go on and win top 3 ranked server matchup again in week 24 by ~20k.

/sigh

Yes, because the infrequent RNG derived match ups make tiers irrelevant, despite the rest of the servers being ranked and matched up in such a manner. And Tier 1 only breaking up twice since the patch was implemented.

In other news, I saw a bike today. I guess cars don’t exist any more.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

just ignore it ….

we all know it’s just a dumb excuse from Losing side.

they know they cant complete with us this week. that’s it ….

You do realize that in Tier 2 or below, SoR would cakewalk over any opposition and be back in Tier 1 before you could blink. Also, penguins.

I raise you a jaguar good sir!

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

You kittens really force too many pages into these threads. It turns into a total drag to even read. I have to go through three or four pages a day just to see if anyone replied to something I said. Lol.

gg

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Cod on Cod.3694

/sigh

Yes, because the infrequent RNG derived match ups make tiers irrelevant, despite the rest of the servers being ranked and matched up in such a manner. And Tier 1 only breaking up twice since the patch was implemented.

In other news, I saw a bike today. I guess cars don’t exist any more.

So wait, “yes” as in SoR was only the 4th best? Then this rating here https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw must be the irrelevant part, and not the tiers? But you say tiers ARE irrelevant, as in my exact point.

Gosh Mr…. I must thank you for taking time to teach, but them big words and comparisons confuse me!

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

So wait, “yes” as in SoR was only the 4th best? Then this rating here https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw must be the irrelevant part, and not the tiers? But you say tiers ARE irrelevant, as in my exact point.

Gosh Mr…. I must thank you for taking time to teach, but them big words and comparisons confuse me!

Sorry, I can’t put my sarcasm font on.

Fascinating, it’s almost as if, excluding RNG matches, servers are matched up by their rating and ordered from highest to lowest… As if they are in… tiers.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Fascinating, it’s almost as if, excluding RNG matches, servers are matched up by their rating and ordered from highest to lowest… As if they are in… tiers.

The line of demarcation is when the point where the numbers went from being definitive as to your next match to being more randomized. Some interesting rolls of the dice could have both BG and SoR fall out of “tier 1”… does that mean neither is T1?

#TeamJadeQuarry

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Guys, its still a ladder.

You just define Tiers as each group of three ranked, even if they are not fighting.

Example, JQ is in Tier 1 because they are rank 3. But they are fighting Tier 2 servers (ranked 4 and 6).

The only change is who you fight isn’t necessarily dictated by the ranking order. But ranking order still exists in the game lol.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

The line of demarcation is when the point where the numbers went from being definitive as to your next match to being more randomized. Some interesting rolls of the dice could have both BG and SoR fall out of “tier 1”… does that mean neither is T1?

No, It would mean two Tier 1 rated servers are in the tier 2 match up. If you look at the leader boards Cod posted JQ is rated for Tier 1 but they are in the Tier 2 match up.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Whatever match up has two of BG, SoR and JQ is the Tier 1 match up…

If the impossible happened and all three servers went to different matches for consecutive weeks, you can say tiers don’t exist.

JQ being in T2 doesn’t mean it’s a T2 server. DB in T1 doesn’t mean it’s a T1 server. They’re tourists.

And to say that “tiers don’t exist” because these infrequent match ups can occur, despite the fact that “tiers” accurately describe the match making in every other instance is asinine.

(edited by UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

I expected just such a response from Pot. One of the more vocal ones mentioned in my previous post.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

No, It would mean two Tier 1 rated servers are in the tier 2 match up. If you look at the leader boards Cod posted JQ is rated for Tier 1 but they are in the Tier 2 match up.

I actually agree with you here. That’s why I think personally the tiers have much less meaning now than when they did prior. They exist, sure, for people that seem to need them to exist.

#TeamJadeQuarry

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Cod on Cod.3694

I actually agree with you here. That’s why I think personally the tiers have much less meaning now than when they did prior. They exist, sure, for people that seem to need them to exist.

Correct.

So I guess we just need to agree if “Tier 1” describes the 3 highest ranked servers, or the group of servers matched up to fight, by a false RNG rank.

And as for the infrequency of the odd non SoR-BG-JQ matchups… The more often they happen, the more frequent they get. Hell… The chance of BG facing SoR next week allready dropped from 72% this week to 63% next week.
So the impossible isnt impossible. It’s just a matter of time.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

My only point is that “tier” is in reference to what we had prior to the rng patch. If I were to point out that the “tier 5” match is very close in score, you would know to go look at SBI/Kain/DH because they are the 5th match (or tier). I agree it has less meaning now but it’s still a reference point. If we say Tier one servers are stacked, you know we are referring to SoR/BG/JQ (<-It’s just a example, easy on the Nuh uh your stacked not us stuff)

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Great fights with BG at the north camp on their bl just now ^-^

The rebirth begins

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Yeah, you guys ran really tight – a disadvantage of which was that we were able to kite around and eventually pick off the tail. Longest north camp fight I’ve had in ages.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

stay classy iron.
with 40 man zerg have to result into killing the only ac in the tower.

Attachments:

ign: Stealthzor

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

stay classy iron.
with 40 man zerg have to result into killing the only ac in the tower.

Welcome to the BandwaGon!

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I’ll agree with this. One of the fun things to track is how much the EU bracket has changed already.

VS was EU’s number one server for most weeks since launch. http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/16 In week 18, VS was rocking a 2250 rating and they are now rocking a 1983 rating while winning all but two matches. There are also effectively 10 servers (AR week 28) in that top bracket now, which one could argue is the new EU Tier One.

Rotations like this were one of the cornerstones we hoped for back when the player base was striving for 6-9 competitive servers. They should evolve in that direction in the NA bracket with time.

Glicko was responsible for many of the headaches people when through in the past. This rotation will be painful in the short run, but once it gets going NA side, it should really help a lot of servers.

/salute

Laylyn, with all respect (because I do have it for you); you’ve been lobbying for a 6-9 server balanced NA since launch and we’re farther away from it since any point since ET and HoD imploded.

The closest we came was before WM left SBI and we had 5 T1 quality servers. (SoS, JQ, SBI, SoR, BG) and TC was beginning to grow but was thrown off it’s ascent by the before mentioned WM move and NNK going to DB.

Now we have only 2 T1 servers, 2 T1.5 servers, 2 T2 servers, 2 T3 servers, 1 T 3.5…and about 5 T4 (little murky there).

The moment that WvW broke, was the end of free transfers and a last minute flock to JQ.

Since then, Tier 1 has become a giant hamburger grinder for WvW focused players. Players burn out, take breaks, and there is a need for new players that typically come from lower server guilds that come with T1 glory in mind, but they end up dissolving and merging with larger known guilds.

BG has collected a monstrous 24/7 machine that continues to grow, while SoR has been rock-solid stable for a while now. I don’t see the 2 server dominance ending anytime soon unless ANet were to take direct action (lower BL caps and creating heinously long queues)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Win or lose it starts over on Friday. So will this thread. We’ve got two servers that put up great fights, enjoy it. Being positive is a lot better than anything else.

Oh and I’m hydrated

Attachments:

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

/salute

Laylyn, with all respect (because I do have it for you); you’ve been lobbying for a 6-9 server balanced NA since launch and we’re farther away from it since any point since ET and HoD imploded.

The closest we came was before WM left SBI and we had 5 T1 quality servers. (SoS, JQ, SBI, SoR, BG) and TC was beginning to grow but was thrown off it’s ascent by the before mentioned WM move and NNK going to DB.

Now we have only 2 T1 servers, 2 T1.5 servers, 2 T2 servers, 2 T3 servers, 1 T 3.5…and about 5 T4 (little murky there).

The moment that WvW broke, was the end of free transfers and a last minute flock to JQ.

Since then, Tier 1 has become a giant hamburger grinder for WvW focused players. Players burn out, take breaks, and there is a need for new players that typically come from lower server guilds that come with T1 glory in mind, but they end up dissolving and merging with larger known guilds.

BG has collected a monstrous 24/7 machine that continues to grow, while SoR has been rock-solid stable for a while now. I don’t see the 2 server dominance ending anytime soon unless ANet were to take direct action (lower BL caps and creating heinously long queues)

This is the main reason I transferred to BG. I love the competition and intensity here. Even though there is a lot of hate generated on the forums for other servers, we respect our enemies in the game. When I transferred BG and SoR were more evenly matched( SoR had won the previous match). It may be JQ’s move to tier 2 or or BG’s recent reorganization which has created such a gap between SoR and us. But my main point is, I only came here because of the larger WvW population. I had a taste of tier 1 for a few weeks on my old server and really missed it for months. I think that is why most people transfer to higher tier servers.

I don’t see any problem with stacking servers with WvW’rs. No one complains when servers are PVE focussed, but all the hue and cry when servers stack wvw players. I play during the EU timezone, so tier 1 is a good place for me since there are people to fight with and against when I am awake. If the player base was spread out between all servers, I wouldn’t be able to play with so many people.

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

I don’t see any problem with stacking servers with WvW’rs. No one complains when servers are PVE focussed, but all the hue and cry when servers stack wvw players.

Well, that’s not really a great comparison, since PvE isn’t something build largely around population/coverage and pitting servers against one another.

Generally people get upset about the “stacking” thing because it has something of a gravity effect. One or two servers start to get large, people get attracted to them because they want to “win”, so the servers get even larger, so more people get attracted to them, so on and so forth.

Eventually you have a couple absurdly overpopulated servers and a ton of servers that are weak or barely even show up in WvW at all.

Look at the recent transfers from JQ to SoR for an example of absolutely dumb transfers that only serve to hurt the tier/matchup/whatever.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

NNK has always been on DB

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Nobody has the right to even have feelings about other players choices that you don’t know. Play your game and worry less about others. Enjoy the fights in game and lets no get emo.

Oh and krewella is going on tour!!

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

I don’t see any problem with stacking servers with WvW’rs. No one complains when servers are PVE focussed, but all the hue and cry when servers stack wvw players.

Well, that’s not really a great comparison, since PvE isn’t something build largely around population/coverage and pitting servers against one another.

Generally people get upset about the “stacking” thing because it has something of a gravity effect. One or two servers start to get large, people get attracted to them because they want to “win”, so the servers get even larger, so more people get attracted to them, so on and so forth.

Eventually you have a couple absurdly overpopulated servers and a ton of servers that are weak or barely even show up in WvW at all.

*Look at the recent transfers from JQ to SoR for an example of absolutely dumb transfers that only serve to hurt the tier/matchup/whatever. *

You can’t blame WvW guilds for transferring to be with more like minded people. JQ in tier 1 fields way less people than they are currently doing in tier 2 and the WvW guilds can get tired of carrying the weight of the whole server. That is why SoS imploded. From what I have noticed, JQ fields measly numbers in tier 1. They are currently fielding much more now that they are in tier 2 because their PVX crowd is out as they have a chance of winning. We all saw the result of BG/JQ/DB match.

New bunker meta sux

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

Yeah, you guys ran really tight – a disadvantage of which was that we were able to kite around and eventually pick off the tail. Longest north camp fight I’ve had in ages.

Yeah that was crazy

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Can we have a score update I am taking a break until reset

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laylyn.6018

Laylyn.6018

/salute

I agree with most of your points that has been the current situation. Though, taking what you said a step further, there was a time that IOJ was part of your 5 examples for 6 total when we were first attempting a player driven balance. (SoS, JQ, SBI, SoR, BG, IOJ)

Also, right before your collapse example, Titan Alliance had volunteers try to keep HoD competitive and AA’s FOE had originally tried to rally ET . That would have been a top 8 if things had gone better.

What killed the player driven effort back then was the extremely slow pace of the Glicko system. Now, that isn’t an issue.

Even in your worst case example, two servers could only dominate so much in a 3 match system (i.e. 3 sets of 3v3 wvw) which is what is going on in EU right now. In such a case, at least 1/3rd of the match ups would be super sized server free at all times.

Every match up would still technically be T1. I also think the hyperactive need to stay super sized would relax.

A little spread should naturally occur in those conditions and grow the pvp base up for all servers involved. That could be a good thing. Though there would be growing pains, for the first few matches.

I also think the whole thing could happen naturally over the course of a few months, due to personality differences, guilds looking for a change, returning guilds, or even guilds getting involved with wvw for the first time. No volunteers needed this go round.

That’s my long term hope anyway. We’ll see if I eat crow on that one again.

/salute

7/19 BG-SoR-DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

Sigh you all were doing so good at not being boring for the last few days lets not relapse one day before reset

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con