7/19: JQ/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

ManBearPig is still the most feared

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

ManBearPig is still the most feared

That does sound frightening! Who would want a manbear that doesn’t sweat?

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

Good try TC and FA, but you were no match for the might of RATS.

Ain’t that funny, a guy named dog in a guild named rats :P

Yes, it’s a shame that he didn’t link the parts of the stream where we wiped them at least twice in open field on TCBL. :P

It was fun though, they got us a few times, including that Hills three-way. And then there was the three-way in front of Bay; good times.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Wotah.2975

Yes, it’s a shame that he didn’t link the parts of the stream where we wiped them at least twice in open field on TCBL. :P

It was fun though, they got us a few times, including that Hills three-way. And then there was the three-way in front of Bay; good times.

Aaaah you’re so mean! RATS are only learning. Most haven’t reached true age of maturity yet, and you’re going around killing them and boasting about it. That just screams big meanie to me!

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wotah.2975)

in Match-ups

Asbrandr.6324

Aaaah you’re so mean! RATS are only learning. Most haven’t reached true age of maturity yet, and you’re going around killing them and boasting about it. That just screams big meanie to me!

Like they aren’t boasting about wiping us. Lol.

But like I said, it was fun, we certainly had to learn how to counter the mega-zerg. Our commander was more or less shouting directions over Mumble non-stop for the entire fight and trying to type commands for the militia with us too, which usually were pretty kitten short due to the need for urgency.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

So how about this evening while The Toast is hosting their Dolyak Parade on I assume the TC borderland for the bigger WvW guilds to frolic in, Fort Aspenwood throws a small-manpalooza festival over on the FA borderland. Our kittens don’t start getting out till PST primetime but we are super casual meaning we royally suck so why don’t you other small scale squads come farm us for kittens-n-giggles and one last fling with our new roaming buddies.

Maybe just for one nite FA can stand for Five Assaulters.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

So how about this evening while The Toast is hosting their Dolyak Parade on I assume the TC borderland for the bigger WvW guilds to frolic in, Fort Aspenwood throws a small-manpalooza festival over on the FA borderland. Our kittens don’t start getting out till PST primetime but we are super casual meaning we royally suck so why don’t you other small scale squads come farm us for kittens-n-giggles and one last fling with our new roaming buddies.

Maybe just for one nite FA can stand for Five Assaulters.

FA cannot resist the manly squads of JQ and will have a ballista shot waiting to kiss your cheek.

Unfortunately most of FA will be farming said yak parade and will not be able to attend the manapalooza

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

But like I said, it was fun, we certainly had to learn how to counter the mega-zerg. Our commander was more or less shouting directions over Mumble non-stop for the entire fight and trying to type commands for the militia with us too, which usually were pretty kitten short due to the need for urgency.

He’s right you know… most of RATS are brand new alts people made specifically for this. Our homework last week was to level up.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

I could post every fight, but that would require a lot of effort. I just linked the unanimously chosen best fight of the map (voted by everyone in teamspeak and approved by the Pope).

If you want to go through the raw footage: here! http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco/b/435410544

Plus if you notice I’m level 24 or something .. many of us are upleveled or not geared and definitely not on our main. This was the third? time I played necro. And godkitten does Corrupt Boon/Epidemic wreck your command group.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Asbrandr.6324

I could post every fight, but that would require a lot of effort. I just linked the unanimously chosen best fight of the map (voted by everyone in teamspeak and approved by the Pope).

If you want to go through the raw footage: here! http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco/b/435410544

Plus if you notice I’m level 24 or something .. many of us are upleveled or not geared and definitely not on our main. This was the third? time I played necro. And godkitten does Corrupt Boon/Epidemic wreck your command group.

Yeah, I noticed all the conditions and figured you guys were running something along those lines, since I also main Necro. Unfortunately, it never seems like we have enough condition cleanses in our groups, but this is partially due to the fact that TC’s big on militias and we don’t really require people to take certain things in order to stack the group. For example, there will be times when the commander calls out for veils and portals from Mesmers and we don’t get any; the same can be said for static fields from Eles.

I also noticed the up-levels and was surprised that the bags I was getting were of lower quality.

You guys just had so many early on in our fights that it was difficult for our group of 30 or so to fight you. Eventually, we got some reinforcements which made things go smoother though.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Yeah, I noticed all the conditions and figured you guys were running something along those lines, since I also main Necro. Unfortunately, it never seems like we have enough condition cleanses in our groups, but this is partially due to the fact that TC’s big on militias and we don’t really require people to take certain things in order to stack the group. For example, there will be times when the commander calls out for veils and portals from Mesmers and we don’t get any; the same can be said for static fields from Eles.

I also noticed the up-levels and was surprised that the bags I was getting were of lower quality.

You guys just had so many early on in our fights that it was difficult for our group of 30 or so to fight you. Eventually, we got some reinforcements which made things go smoother though.

Were you there for that prolonged fight at North Camp? FA was there, TC was there and I think we survived for a good five waves of respawns from Citadel. That was insanely fun.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Asbrandr.6324

Were you there for that prolonged fight at North Camp? FA was there, TC was there and I think we survived for a good five waves of respawns from Citadel. That was insanely fun.

That might have been before I arrived or after I had taken a break to finish some homework. I was in the battles near the NW Tower, several Garrison pushes, in front of Bay, Hills, and several encounters near the Quarry.

Also, what happened to you guys after that Bay fight? We were expecting you guys to resist way more than you did. Of course, we also noticed that you were fighting FA while we were on inner and we capped it just as FA reached the inner wall.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Wotah.2975

That might have been before I arrived or after I had taken a break to finish some homework. I was in the battles near the NW Tower, several Garrison pushes, in front of Bay, Hills, and several encounters near the Quarry.

Also, what happened to you guys after that Bay fight? We were expecting you guys to resist way more than you did. Of course, we also noticed that you were fighting FA while we were on inner and we capped it just as FA reached the inner wall.

We had more pressing business to attend to!

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deathkor.6381

Deathkor.6381

Go TC Go! – Don’t go down without a fight!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: InWhySee.2097

InWhySee.2097

He’s right you know… most of RATS are brand new alts people made specifically for this. Our homework last week was to level up.

Wait, you guys made a new guild called RATS last week?

…. does that make Jade Quarry the ship?

in Match-ups

Wotah.2975

Obviously the only place for a rat is on a ship! Er…wait.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I hope we get that matchup again soon. I couldn’t play as much as i wanted because of bbq and kittening awesome weather. Thanks to FA and TC, the hours I played were real fun, especially against those RE and NAGA guys.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

This has been the best WvW week since we transferred to TC. Thank you JQ and FA, I am hoping we’re facing each other again on next reset!!

shout out to RATS, HzH, SF, EMP, AoS for the fun fights!

[RE] is a strong guild it has been a pleasure.

Aww Ty and likewise. You guys have been the most fun to play against and have kept the forums full of fun. Feel free to join our dolyak parade tonight! Those always turn out ‘interesting’ with FA around.

I honestly don’t know what that is. Sorry They don’t let me out much.

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

I was also on commanding in JQ BL while RATS was running in TCBL. Most of HzH NA was in RATS which made holding off RE+full queue at the end quite a job lol.

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Derpnoob.2875

Derpnoob.2875

Derp

in Match-ups

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

I know how much JQ misses sor so heres what we have done while you were gone. :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCj7HjQD6w (45 omegas) I hope you guys are having fun it looks like a good matchup.

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

in Match-ups

Asbrandr.6324

I was also on commanding in JQ BL while RATS was running in TCBL. Most of HzH NA was in RATS which made holding off RE+full queue at the end quite a job lol.

I did notice a few of you guys in there; RATS’ tags were bigger though, so your tags were harder to notice. Lol.

We weren’t really on the map until most of RE left for the night.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Friendly reminder that the Dolyak parade will be in 3 1/2 hours! I’ll post the location in a few hours Come join and have fun!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Wilco.1458

Hello inferior beings,

I am instructor Mancito! Leader of the Shadow Gypsies and founder of the Rata Sum Army Tactical School aka RATS. I would post this here myself but as posting on the forums of lower species is beneath me, I will have one of our first year instructors post for me. Thank you Wilco.

Moving on! I would like to thank all of our cadets this week for their excellence in the field of battle. TC’s Bookah hordes will not soon forget the thrashing they recieved at the hands of our cadets. After reviewing the holograms, the FEW fights we did lose, appear to only have been caused by some cadets not following their homework leveling programs from last week! Some of you will be beaten, in ways you won’t enjoy.

I would like to also thank you dirty bookahs for the copious amounts of bags that you dropped for my school last night as well. Clearly you are not used to fighting such superior beings. But who is really? RATS is the finest military academy in the ENTIRE world, possibly the galaxy, well lets just go with the ENTIRE GALAXY to be honest.

Your donations of bags will ensure funding for the school for another week, and also my amazing harem and various addictions.

Love,

Mancito [RATS]

Mance [SG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Best zinger I’ve seen in a matchup thread for quite a while

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

This has been the most fun week of WvW since the early weeks of TC/FA/KN earlier this year. EBG has been a TON of fun every night.

JQ/FA: Thanks for keeping it classy in the game and on the forums. This thread has been almost entirely positive and friendly. Best thread in a long long while.

JQ: I can’t wait to face you guys again.

FA: I’m sure we’ll be seeing plenty of each other, as usual. :-P

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Anyone from Philippines here? I wonder if I have kabayans playing in FA or JQ or TC

Memememememememe

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I thought TC and FA had a love affair! Hickeroar you make it sound like you’re a bit tired of your ‘fiancee.’

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Friendly reminder that the Dolyak parade will be in 3 1/2 hours! I’ll post the location in a few hours Come join and have fun!

I triple dog dare you to have it in FABL.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Secta.9408

Secta.9408

I take a 3 week break and you replace me with an entire guild of asurans? Jesus Christ Mance.

Secta/Girsu || Shadow Gypsies || Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Dear FA and TC,

Thank you for the match up this week. I enjoyed the fights on the field and even enjoyed returning to the forums! It was refreshing to see people actually ENJOY playing and having fun (and for the most part no inserted rants with huge wall of text with people arguing about them and theres!).

TC SEA had it hard but I can honestly that you are No1 for resilience and sheer get up and go. I never saw you guys give up and kept pushing even when other servers had historically long given up. Respect

I had some great fights with FA too. You guys are rock solid and I never take you guys lightly on the field.

Thank you for reminding me of what balanced healthy communities are along with good fighting too.

<3

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

I thought TC and FA had a love affair! Hickeroar you make it sound like you’re a bit tired of your ‘fiancee.’

Fiancee? No, we’re about to celebrate our Diamond Anniversary at this point.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

We had an affair with SoS. 0:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Alright everyone! The Dolyak Parade will be in TCBL in 45 minutes (6 PM ST). We always gather around the windmill south of south camp So, please come and join us! Tonic, or just run around for fun!

I hope to see ya all out there! Even if you don’t wanna tonic, you can escort the yaks to help against any possible enimoos! Contact me for any information!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Dear FA and TC,

Thank you for the match up this week. I enjoyed the fights on the field and even enjoyed returning to the forums! It was refreshing to see people actually ENJOY playing and having fun (and for the most part no inserted rants with huge wall of text with people arguing about them and theres!).

TC SEA had it hard but I can honestly that you are No1 for resilience and sheer get up and go. I never saw you guys give up and kept pushing even when other servers had historically long given up. Respect

I had some great fights with FA too. You guys are rock solid and I never take you guys lightly on the field.

Thank you for reminding me of what balanced healthy communities are along with good fighting too.

<3

Thanks!

It was awesome finally getting to go up against JQ. I know your NA is going through a bit of challenging times but it was still great to face off against [SF], [SG], and of course [RATS]

The never-ending stream of missionaries trying to convert us to the Gospel of Jedsus Chris during SEA was annoying and a waste of time though that tribute vigil you made to our Golem God was quite impressive.

(Seriously, Waha and Co. aren’t a Zerg… they are a Force of Nature :O)

And FA – great performance! Your NA was tenacious and aggressive throughout the week and the score only reflects coverage not commitment.

I really hope we get to see more matches like this. I think JQ/TC/DB would be really interesting during SEA!

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Wilco.1458

I’d also like to jump in on this good sportsmanship love train. This week has been the most fun for me (and I think I speak for many of us) in WvW in quite some time. Props to both TC and FA for being good sports and fighting hard. Here’s to a rematch next week (please don’t give me BG SoR again).

Cheers!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Shout out to Odinzu ([EP]) for great duels. Lots of skill and sportsmanship.

And yes, that yak was that important

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mikauonikino.2054

Mikauonikino.2054

To the Fa Zerg who Killed The Yak parade, Hope you Like Feeling the JQ Zerg Caping all yo stoof on your Bl <3

Lvl 80 Mesmer, KH
Tarnish Coast

(edited by Mikauonikino.2054)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Keen to fight some TC next week, CERN looking at you.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

To the Fa Zerg who Killed The Yak parade, Hope you Like Feeling the JQ Zerg Caping all yo stoof on your Bl <3

We have priorities

in Match-ups

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

Nice try on our garrison. But we wiped you. Both JQ and TC.

One love. I had a good time fighting you guys. Glad we kept it classy on the forums.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Match-ups

Posted by: vegan.4329

vegan.4329

Go herd your Yaks in care bear land. ROFL

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

We have priorities

But a total lack of manners or any sense of politeness .

Its not that you did of course you could is why you made the choice too ..that indicates more about your server than any of your protestations .

You didnt have to you could have let others have harmless fun .

You could have fought elsewhere like the true warriors you are ….i know it takes fa"s intense bravery to charge dolyaks i am impressed.Personally i was collecting your bags at lake tower .Your forces there could have done with the help.

…………of course we see your priorities.

Such bravery such heroism such gamesmanship …I am impressed as am sure everyone is .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

LOL get outplayed tc

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

harmless fun

This isn’t pve.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SnakeMx.3784

SnakeMx.3784

We have priorities

Its not that you did of course you could is why you made the choice too ..that indicates more about your server than any of your protestations .

You could have fought elsewhere like the true warriors you are ….i know it takes fa"s intense bravery to charge dolyaks i am impressed.Personally i was collecting your bags at lake tower .Your forces there could have done with the help.

Such bravery such heroism such gamesmanship …I am impressed as am sure everyone is .

Your tears are absolutely delicious

[RET] Warrior

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

We have priorities

pvp zone

The urge of Animal Control [YAK] to hunt large herds of dumb, peaceful, slow, witless animals is overwhelming.

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

more about your server than any of your protestations .

Yeah you lost my sympathy here.

QQ, pvp in pvp zone, heathen barbarians, loot bags, retaliation, spawn camping, yada yada yada.

We’ve all been through it before, and will continue to re-live it it seems. Lets just move on already okay?

Edit: In fact why doesn’t someone just link the reddit from the first one, and subsequently move all the back and forth to that medium. Instead of clogging up this one with pointless junk.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

(edited by nibbles.2408)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

more about your server than any of your protestations .

Yeah you lost my sympathy here.

QQ, pvp in pvp zone, heathen barbarians, loot bags, retaliation, spawn camping, yada yada yada.

We’ve all been through it before, and will continue to re-live it it seems. Lets just move on already okay?

Edit: In fact why doesn’t someone just link the reddit from the first one, and subsequently move all the back and forth to that medium. Instead of clogging up this one with pointless junk.

You miss the point not that it not allowed it is not that you couldnt you can …

The point is you chose too……

…….as said impressed by your sefless bravery heroism true warrior spirit it shines through your actions .

in Match-ups

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

I laughed so hard at the name Animal Control [YAK].

Was fun to see everything just suddenly get rolled over lol.

Just another careless bird.