7/5 Sanctum of Rall/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

We must all stop hating each other and focus on the true crime at hand. This is why we can’t have nice WvW things.

“WvW Lag Is Forever”

So hurtful………

LOL! Nice pet name.

The whole Shazbawt thing continues to confuse me. When I heard he was an Anet employee my jaw hit the floor, given what transpired in EB a couple nights in a row. I was there the first night, and while things were a bit odd after he tagged up, nothing was overly out of the ordinary other than having a silent commander who seemed to be struggling with his push-to-talk button on TS. I only read about the second night though, which I guess was a much larger affair.

Still, I don’t know if a pet name like that, while probably meant in jest, is very helpful.

LOL the amount of kitten people gave that guy =.=

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

“Its similar to Eyefinity.”

HAHAHA, my god…

Your logic of “having 1 keep doesn’t mean there’s PvDoor” isn’t any better. Oh Yeah, you said you could prove that we were faking our coverage right? Prove it.

2~3 keeps + some towers.

learn to read pls

why are you so mad? just because TW lost to Agg? haha

You should to learn to lose.

Ohh, okay. That means there’s no PvDoor whatsoever. :P I suppose EU is no PvDoor for SoR too then. Dumb logic. I’m not even in TW.

man you really should to learn to read

but you are so mad because TW lost… It’s just a game, man ~~

Instead of going out of point, didn’t you say you could prove easily SoR was faking it’s poor SEA coverage? Prove it then. Fyi, I wasn’t in the least mad. I was trying to be constructive.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zepp.4109

zepp.4109

HAHAHA, my god…

Your logic of “having 1 keep doesn’t mean there’s PvDoor” isn’t any better. Oh Yeah, you said you could prove that we were faking our coverage right? Prove it.

2~3 keeps + some towers.

learn to read pls

Ohh, okay. That means there’s no PvDoor whatsoever. :P I suppose EU is no PvDoor for SoR too then. Dumb logic. I’m not even in TW.

Instead of going out of point, didn’t you say you could prove easily SoR was faking it’s poor SEA coverage? Prove it then.

I already did. ^.^

Again: you should to learn to read.

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

HAHAHA, my god…

2~3 keeps + some towers.

learn to read pls

Instead of going out of point, didn’t you say you could prove easily SoR was faking it’s poor SEA coverage? Prove it then.

I already did. ^.^

Again: you should to learn to read.

What’s your definition of proof? You have absolutely zero substantial evidence. Do you even know what proof is?

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: broxigar.8754

broxigar.8754

can we all get along?

Jade Quarry | B R O X – Guardian

in Match-ups

oxide.8324

Excuses are for baddies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

IMO the tonics are cheese but WvW is a no holds barred type of environment so cheese away.

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Would have been fine, if this was mentioned along with the initial rules last wednesday.
Not after you lost 2/3 on tuesday night.

Tired of this [TW] “Do it our way or the highway” attitude.

Don’t claim victory in a scrimmage, it is in extremely poor taste. It is kinda like claiming you are the best because you won of a preseason football game when that starters aren’t even in 3/4ths of the game and the coaches don’t want to give any of their real plays away.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Cool video. Gotta say, I completely understand where TW is coming from. The tonics do give you some kind of advantage as it would be tough to see the different classes. However, I think TW should have stated it earlier.

It was stated in a round about way as it was supposed to be a rematch with the exact same conditions. The fights were so close and so hard to call, why anyone would want to change it up at the last minute is beyond me.

Cancelling a GvG because you couldn’t use ghost tonics was kind of disrespectful of everyone’s time. Unfortunately, most of TW had work to go to in the morning and we already had to be up late just to fight. Honestly, I already put up with my own impetulant teenager’s issues and I don’t want to deal with it in game too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lorthos.4976

Lorthos.4976

I’m trying to wrap my head around the JQ tactics during SEA time. Any JQ SEA commander want to enlighten me?

Lorthos

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Would have been fine, if this was mentioned along with the initial rules last wednesday.

Don’t claim victory in a scrimmage, it is in extremely poor taste. It is kinda like claiming you are the best because you won of a preseason football game when that starters aren’t even in 3/4ths of the game and the coaches don’t want to give any of their real plays away.

Didn’t claim we were the best, I’d rather not be #1, that way we have the motivation to keep getting better. I was simply stating we beat them the night before and the lack of reasoning for refusing to Guild vs Guild. Don’t be so hasty into making assumptions. Also spend more time on your post, I had to read it 4 times to understand what you were implying.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

For fairness, either have everyone use tonics, or strike it off completely.

Funny that you should mention that.

We actually talked about just going ahead with their request to change it up from our first match up and use the tonics (each and every one of us were going to use them). The problem we had with it was the absolute absurdity of it all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Cool video. Gotta say, I completely understand where TW is coming from. The tonics do give you some kind of advantage as it would be tough to see the different classes. However, I think TW should have stated it earlier.

It was stated in a round about way as it was supposed to be a rematch with the exact same conditions. The fights were so close and so hard to call, why anyone would want to change it up at the last minute is beyond me.

Cancelling a GvG because you couldn’t use ghost tonics was kind of disrespectful of everyone’s time. Unfortunately, most of TW had work to go to in the morning and we already had to be up late just to fight. Honestly, I already put up with my own impetulant teenager’s issues and I don’t want to deal with it in game too.

I don’t know what your leadership spoon fed you, but we did not cancel the Guild vs Guild. You guys introduced a new rule where “Ghost Tonic isn’t allowed” out of the blue.
That rule wasn’t mentioned in the previous Guild vs Guild. You wanted to add the rule as soon as the GvG was to start. The rule was not presented to us before at all. We did not use ghost tonic in our first GvG was because ANET disabled it from being used. The utilities were locked and you couldn’t do anything. It was recently fixed and we started using it again. We aren’t going to change our playstyle to better suit yours.
Just understand, you guys decided not to fight, not the other way around.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

(edited by PredatoR.5247)

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Didn’t claim we were the best, I’d rather not be #1, that way we have the motivation to keep getting better. I was simply stating we beat them the night before and the lack of reasoning for refusing to Guild vs Guild. Don’t be so hasty into making assumptions. Also spend more time on your post, I had to read it 4 times to understand what you were implying.

I didn’t make an assumption, the victory claim is right there in the quoted text for all to see. You brought up scrimmage results on a forum and that alone speaks for itself. It is in extreme poor taste.

I apologize if you didn’t get the American football reference if you are from elsewhere. It was quite clear to the NA community that follows sports though.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

I don’t know what your leadership spoon fed you, but we did not cancel the Guild vs Guild. You guys introduced a new rule where “Ghost Tonic isn’t allowed” out of the blue.

Wrong.

Our fight was to be under the same conditions as the first one. No ghost tonics were used then, thus none would be used in the rematch.

I am sorry you don’t see the absolute absurdity of everyone running around in ghost form……

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

To me ghost tonics are like a gimmick to provide some sort of buffer for poor play. Much like a corked bat in baseball or stick ‘em in football. If you can’t do it with your own talent and abilities, then what’s the point?

One or two for leaders is ok, but to run the whole group in them is just silly.

Either way, I wasn’t there so to each their own.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lorthos.4976

Lorthos.4976

Zen, common sense, man.

How OFTEN does BG tick at 300+ during NA ?

What about SoR?

Since IRON moved in, what has been your EU’s average ppt?

What is BG’s average SEA ppt?

A quick look at a chart is all it takes.

It’s pretty obvious some people rarely play during late Oceanic-Sea time. We have barely enough people to hold our keep in EB and our garri in SoR bl most nights. It is what it is though. Our Sea players do their best to hold what they can against the BGJQ marriage and we appreciate them doing all they can.

Lorthos

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Oh and PredatoR …. I am not a naive 19 year old kid. My son is that age and I can see through the BS. The entire reason why that video was posted was to troll TW members and try to skew the perception of others on the forum. Evidence of its effects can quite clearly be seen by the posts that followed.

Bottom line is that you entered in a scrimmage not a serious match, then tried to misrepresent it as something it was not. You do realize that anyone with half a brain is going to see through the nonsense right?

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

To me ghost tonics are like a gimmick to provide some sort of buffer for poor play.

It absolutely is a gimmick and it is completely absurd for everyone to be running around in ghost form. I can’t agree with you more.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Maybe TW should just go buy some ghost tonics.

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Zen, common sense, man.

What about SoR?

It’s pretty obvious some people rarely play during late Oceanic-Sea time. We have barely enough people to hold our keep in EB and our garri in SoR bl most nights. It is what it is though. Our Sea players do their best to hold what they can against the BGJQ marriage and we appreciate them doing all they can.

The more you complain about 2v1, the more we are going to do it.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

Zen, common sense, man.

What about SoR?

The more you complain about 2v1, the more we are going to do it.

Nah, you guys do it whether we complain or not. Its getting boring. BG and JQ, try and fight someone your own size.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

And I’m sorry to the ATM who stopped to wave and jump with me and my teammate attacked you! I yelled at them to stop :P

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

You see how much they are?!?! I can’t afford 14s. I’ve been sending all my gold over to a very reputable Nigerian lawyer who has promised me millions. He keeps telling me the check is in the mail but it keeps getting delayed due to customs. I can’t wait!!! I plan to buy a precursor and my own corner of Lion’s Arch.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

To me ghost tonics are like a gimmick to provide some sort of buffer for poor play. .

[AGG].. poor play? laughs As someone you regularly runs with them, I can say that with or without ghost tonics, AGG is one of the best open field guilds on the NA side of WvW… This is akin to saying “your car is too fast because it has racing stripes”

I’m actually really happy that GvG has started to come over to the NA side. Breaking out of the “gotta stay in my tower” gameplay is REALLY needed and it is very nice to see many guilds that will come out n play that aren’t afraid of dying.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Lol, arguing that the ghost potion is unfair is ridiculous. If there is an imbalanced consumable in this game it is Lemongrass and its cheaper derivatives, and pretty much everyone knows that. Yet I’ve never heard anyone back out of a GvG because of food buffs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

To SoR: Thanks for not showing up tonight, I’m sure your impressing TFV by not putting any effort in, good show.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Did I join a game of thrones forum accidently? So many wolf tears.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

To SoR: Thanks for not showing up tonight, I’m sure your impressing TFV by not putting any effort in, good show.

How do you know we did not show up? At least provide some evidence for what you say. HIRE played a long time tonight, and tried to help us at least get 100ppt and above. SAHP and the other small SEA groups are trying all they can to hold onto our towers and keeps from BG and JQ. We know Magikarps, MERC and friends are doing overtime tonight, knowing that the gap between SoR and BG can be closed down. I noticed ND played from Oceanic all the way into SEA. I noticed that your NA played overtime into Oceanic, allowing you guys to get 300-400ppt throughout Oceanic and SEA. Your overtime doesn’t mean we aren’t showing up. SoR has been beaten to shreds before, and we always turn up, regardless of the score.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

(edited by Azure.8412)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

My question is this, why wouldn’t AGG fight without the tonics?

You gvg’d TW before and lost, are you afraid that without the tonics you’d lose again?

I’d assume that anyone who has gvg’d once before under a set of rules would want to fight again under the same conditions to see who would win now, not introduce new outside elements.

And that video is amusing, in 2 of the fights you have a few non-AGG jumping in the fight. AGG seems so insecure to me now.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

You mean like Indo did yesterday?

Don’t play the over time card buddy pal, this is T1.

Edit: Also it is 10pm, still SEA timezone no overtime here bud.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

(edited by MagiKarp.8201)

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

You see how much they are?!?! I can’t afford 14s.

Ascii should sponsor the whole team’s ghost tonics. I heard that dude is loaded.

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

How is SoR claiming to be outmanned right now when they have a full map zerg on JQ BL right now? A zerg made up of SONG, SAHP and NYS, GC.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

How is SoR claiming to be outmanned in SEA when they have a full map zerg on JQ BL right now chasing around 15mans? A zerg made up of SONG, SAHP and NYS.

That BG vs SOR vs JQ fight at briar in JQ was epic

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: zepp.4109

zepp.4109

My guild members from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, a few members from Malaysia had the lag problem, but usually lasts only 1-2 day.

Only Hong Kong members have lagged more than a week,not only skills lag on battle but also their screen displays game was delay 10s ~ 1min.

I thought there are some network problems in Hong Kong, it’s happened before.

Glory was show his moon walk to me past week every day, and he only can listen our fight voice in RC and jealous to us can play game.

I have to explain a bit.

When the lag is unaccepted, I wont start the raid.
There was a exceptional lag for some Hong Kong players in these few weeks, at least half of our members, including me cannot do a fight. There are at least 7sec+ delay during a fight (NOT ONLY in SoR BL and its spike lag, not the skill lag that everyone suffers), which make us lose the battle we should win, and make me extremely angry and shout on the TS

We are by no means a occasional wvw guild, we stack up in our prime time every day, but bad things just happen to us again and again.

Tonight I even told the oceanic commanders to make tons of preparation for the coming SEA prime time. I was ready for a epic battle and tons of fun. But talking about the lag, what can I do?

Anyway, until Anet (or may be our ISP) fix it up, we will remain our absence.

[NYS]Glory, a laggy and disappointed commander

Sad to see it happening. I’m from south america and we are having lag issues too. :/

(edited by zepp.4109)

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

You mean like Indo did yesterday?

Don’t play the over time card buddy pal, this is T1.

I never complained about overtime. Im just stating that your overtime doesnt mean we aren’t showing up. We’re simply getting steamrolled.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

How is SoR claiming to be outmanned right now when they have a full map zerg on JQ BL right now? A zerg made up of SONG, SAHP and NYS, GC.

We don’t even have a queue on a map.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: xeon.3851

xeon.3851

How is SoR claiming to be outmanned in SEA when they have a full map zerg on JQ BL right now chasing around 15mans? A zerg made up of SONG, SAHP and NYS.

That BG vs SOR vs JQ fight at briar in JQ was epic

Fix BG and JQ vs SOR

Remember: Fear leads to hate, hate leads to
anger, anger… leads to suffering!
“Of all the thing i miss my mind the most.”

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Lol, arguing that the ghost potion is unfair is ridiculous. If there is an imbalanced consumable in this game it is Lemongrass and its cheaper derivatives, and pretty much everyone knows that. Yet I’ve never heard anyone back out of a GvG because of food buffs.

Tonics provide a different sort of advantage than food buffs though. Experienced players can usually identify an opponent’s class just by monitoring their appearance and animations. These tonics make that process much more difficult. They also make it more difficult to identify enemy builds and anticipate enemy skill usage because the ghost’s auras and color etc are extremely visually disorienting, at least for me.

In competitive play every move matters. Imperceptibly longer response times can mean the difference between life and death. That’s why so many people play asuras in tpvp; they’re much harder to read than other races because of their small size.

The tonics are cheese but WvW is also full of cheese and these “GvGs” are all unofficial improvised scrimmages so it’s hard to say who should be able to draw the lines and where they should be drawn.

in Match-ups

oxide.8324

Wrong.

Our fight was to be under the same conditions as the first one. No ghost tonics were used then, thus none would be used in the rematch.

I am sorry you don’t see the absolute absurdity of everyone running around in ghost form……

From what I gather there was no explicit rule disallowing ghost tonics in the first one, if the second was to be played under the same rules ghost tonics would be allowed.

To me ghost tonics are like a gimmick to provide some sort of buffer for poor play. Much like a corked bat in baseball or stick ‘em in football. If you can’t do it with your own talent and abilities, then what’s the point?

Rather ironic considering you are playing 20v20 where every player has 19 other people to cover for their poor play. Afterall, if you can’t do it with your own talent and abilities, then what’s the point?

Hopefully BG wins so they’ll stop whining about coverage and actually come out and fight during NA prime instead of hiding in their keeps.

Speaking of hiding in keeps, I saw 16 ACs defending 1 door. Is that really necessary SoR?

in Match-ups

Feed Me Change.6528

Tonics provide a different sort of advantage than food buffs though. Experienced players can usually identify an opponent’s class just by monitoring their appearance and animations. These tonics make that process much more difficult. They also make it more difficult to identify enemy builds and anticipate enemy skill usage because the ghost’s auras and color etc are extremely visually disorienting, at least for me.

In competitive play every move matters. Imperceptibly longer response times can mean the difference between life and death. That’s why so many people play asuras in tpvp; they’re much harder to read than other races because of their small size.

The tonics are cheese but WvW is also full of cheese and these “GvGs” are all unofficial improvised scrimmages so it’s hard to say who should be able to draw the lines and where they should be drawn.

I’ve never been in a GvG but when I run into a group of people (30 or more) I’m not looking at what class they are, I’m looking at my cooldowns, buffs, conditions, concentrating on focus fire, targeting and listening to the calls the raid leader is making. I can understand if this was a 5v5 or roaming where you can actually take the time to sit back and watch their animations to determine this information.

In the ZvZ meta, you know they are 1 of 8 possible classes and they are all die the same way. That’s all that matters.

Anyway, potions are trivial. Just kill the guy holding sunrise and let it go.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

The interesting thing is that some guilds to cover up their weaker play by doing little tricks all the time to try and keep an advantage, instead of improving gameplay.

For example, day before yesterday when they were wiping to FEAR non-stop all night, they would have their MA throw up a different guild tags and swap his weapons out so he would stop getting focused. I’ve never seen a MA die so much that he has to do that everytime.

I mean even their group makeup is just one big gimmick, out of their typical forty to forty-five man zerg, it’s safe to say about 30-35 of them are guardians and warriors.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

Wrong.

From what I gather there was no explicit rule disallowing ghost tonics in the first one, if the second was to be played under the same rules ghost tonics would be allowed.

Rather ironic considering you are playing 20v20 where every player has 19 other people to cover for their poor play. Afterall, if you can’t do it with your own talent and abilities, then what’s the point?

Hopefully BG wins so they’ll stop whining about coverage and actually come out and fight during NA prime instead of hiding in their keeps.

Speaking of hiding in keeps, I saw 16 ACs defending 1 door. Is that really necessary SoR?

16 ACs on a door might be a new record. Any pictures to show that?

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I’ve never been in a GvG but when I run into a group of people (30 or more) I’m not looking at what class they are, I’m looking at my cooldowns, buffs, conditions, concentrating on focus fire, targeting and listening to the calls the raid leader is making. I can understand if this was a 5v5 or roaming where you can actually take the time to sit back and watch their animations to determine this information.

In the ZvZ meta, you know they are 1 of 8 possible classes and they are all die the same way. That’s all that matters.

Yeah man, everyone is one of 8 possible classes and could be using any one of two hundred or so different skills that’s all you really need to know.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

We had them already.

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

The interesting thing is that AGG tries to cover up their poor play by doing little tricks all the time to try and keep an advantage, instead of improving gameplay.

For example, day before yesterday when they were wiping to FEAR non-stop all night, they would have their MA throw up a different guild tags and swap his weapons out so he would stop getting focused. I’ve never seen a MA die so much that he has to do that everytime.

I mean even their group makeup is just one big gimmick, out of their typical forty to forty-five man AGG zerg, it’s safe to say about 30-35 of them are guardians and warriors.

I think Agg should be good enough that they dont need those tonics to let them gain an advantage.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

I disagree, but that is common with opinions.

in Match-ups

Feed Me Change.6528

Yeah man, everyone is one of 8 possible classes and could be using any one of two hundred or so different skills that’s all you really need to know.

That is my exact point. In the Zerg Meta it doesn’t matter what class composition they are, all that matters is that you can focus fire DPS in a spot, instant-down a couple people and survive long enough. You don’t need to go CSI on a group and find out their exact composition and what weapons/builds they are running… the tactics don’t change.

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

SoR was down to one keep. According to the resident PvD expert zepp, BG has now reached PvD territory as the “below 2 keeps” threshold has been breached during the SEA/Oceanic time period. This clearly points to a unbalanced tier and any wins forthright by BG should now be abolished and excluded.

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

so BG pulled back 14k lead from SOR, should we start crying pvd?

u guys cried for 1k lead on tuesday!