8/2 SoS/DB/CD

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Great fights tonight. Shout out to the guilds involved in the fights at Bay on SoS BL, I pooped my pants once or twice.

Agg, Fang, GoMT, BANE i believe were the core 4.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kagato.4061

Kagato.4061

Still have another 4 days of being ridiculously outnumbered ahead of us, oh joy. Dragonbrand, I love you and all, but it’s no fun fighting you when you just outnumber us 2 to 1, maybe even 3 to 1 in some cases. I hope we drop out of this tier this week, because we just can’t compete.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

Here is some footage of our GvG tonight with qT!

/salute

D/D Ele PoV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rj9AL5Stpw

Love the way you play that Ele. Respect.

No joke. makes me actually wanna make one xD

haha thanks for the compliments

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Still have another 4 days of being ridiculously outnumbered ahead of us, oh joy. Dragonbrand, I love you and all, but it’s no fun fighting you when you just outnumber us 2 to 1, maybe even 3 to 1 in some cases. I hope we drop out of this tier this week, because we just can’t compete.

Idk what server you are, but if youre on SoS gtfo.
SoS had queues in our BL and EB today. We need better coordination. We CAN compete. anyone CAN compete. Its a matter of if the players WANT to compete.

Look at us in SoS BL today. Maybe they had more people in a giant hammer of a zerg, but we had better roaming to take a few camps, and had some amazingly fun fights all night long in our BL.

Its really fun when you ARE outnumbered, and you find ways to beat the zerg, which there is always a way with superior leadership and coordination. You dont need numbers to win. You need perseverance and a plan.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Joseph Stalin once said, “Quantity has a quality all its own.”

This is almost always the case in WvW.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: WrathOfGod.4695

WrathOfGod.4695

Fun fights in ebg before servers went down. CD thankyou for the fights at hyleks, I had a great time commanding vs you guys and taking your keep a bit later. kitten SoS managing to take CD keep in ebg 15min after we did =(
was good fun though!!!

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Matchups like this are fun for no one. At least you have people to kill – everywhere – around the clock.

I know a good majority of DB misses it’s match-ups with TC, SoR, BG, JQ and FA because there’s always something to do regardless of the score at the end of the week.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Matchups like this are fun for no one. At least you have people to kill – everywhere – around the clock.

I know a good majority of DB misses it’s match-ups with TC, SoR, BG, JQ and FA because there’s always something to do regardless of the score at the end of the week.

yup but at the same time for us, once we try to kill someone bam a zerg comes along and does an ole 25v1 curb stomp…or the people that enjoy protecting towers and such have all their progress wiped in a matter of min. I’m not blaming a server, i’m blaming anet’s poor match making system. Being outnumbered like this pretty much completely breaks wvw.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

A shout out to [Agg], [qT], and [NS] on CDBL last night during NA. Great fights while [EK] was there, sorry we had to leave the bl early. :P.

We YOQO’d to many times into [Agg]v[qT] or [NS] and wound up getting owned, but we still had fun.

Highlight of the night for us on CDBL: Being able to survive an [Agg] attack at our Gari, and even kill some of them! you guys are hard to kill. Keep the fights coming. Got our first GvG ever with [qT] tonight, can’t wait!

-Gismor [EK]

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Just wanted to say that DB has been impressive with their response times all this week. We had barely been on DB BLfor 5 minutes before qT was already under full steam heading our way.

You are a lot tougher than the last time we fought over a month ago.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

This looks good on paper, but in reality it doesn’t work that way. Sure, you guys have folks everywhere, but usually it’s one or two and then when they’re killed, a huge group of 25+ comes for revenge. Then it’s back to the ol’ cat and mouse game of dragging the overzealous away from the pack to get a few more kills if possible.

The solution to this mess is very simple, and the best part of it is that we don’t need ANet to do it. It does, however, apply more to the bigger servers than the unpopulated ones. The best way is to explain it is by giving a scenario:

DB has a 25 man zerg running a borderland. They steam roll everyone on the map and complain that there is not enough competition. On the same map, CD and SoS are running 2 – 3 havoc groups of around 5 or so, who, not surprisingly, run when a zerg of 25 approaches. So, why not split the zerg up? Why don’t more DB folks run in havoc groups of 5 – 8 or so? By doing so, they run into enemy havoc group of 5 – 8 and a fight ensues instead of the cat and mouse bullkitten. Ta da! Everyone is happy.

At this point in the week, who cares what the ppt/total is? DB wins, enough said. Congratulations. Everyone, not just DB, but SoS and CD, take a few of your friends and run a havoc group. If just five people do this, with 5 of their friends, then there will be fights everywhere and everyone is happy.

Unless, of course, zerging is your thing and the only thing you enjoy. If that’s the case, though, transfer to SoR. They need you.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackAngel.1349

BlackAngel.1349

A shout out to [Agg], [qT], and [NS] on CDBL last night during NA. Great fights while [EK] was there, sorry we had to leave the bl early. :P.

We YOQO’d to many times into [Agg]v[qT] or [NS] and wound up getting owned, but we still had fun.

Highlight of the night for us on CDBL: Being able to survive an [Agg] attack at our Gari, and even kill some of them! you guys are hard to kill. Keep the fights coming. Got our first GvG ever with [qT] tonight, can’t wait!

-Gismor [EK]

Yeah, we had some fun too. Highlight of the night for us was when [Agg] had a golem at NE tower and we built our own and started having golem fights. That was the most hilarious thing I have seen so far.

Anywho, good luck on your GvG!

Glaedr Darksbane

(edited by BlackAngel.1349)

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Can’t wait for our GvG on Thursday Agg. Be ready!

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

UrMom.4205

…..yawn…..crickets

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

…..yawn…..crickets

Troll me

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

FrankieBonez.8361

This looks good on paper, but in reality it doesn’t work that way. Sure, you guys have folks everywhere, but usually it’s one or two and then when they’re killed, a huge group of 25+ comes for revenge. Then it’s back to the ol’ cat and mouse game of dragging the overzealous away from the pack to get a few more kills if possible.

The solution to this mess is very simple, and the best part of it is that we don’t need ANet to do it. It does, however, apply more to the bigger servers than the unpopulated ones. The best way is to explain it is by giving a scenario:

DB has a 25 man zerg running a borderland. They steam roll everyone on the map and complain that there is not enough competition. On the same map, CD and SoS are running 2 – 3 havoc groups of around 5 or so, who, not surprisingly, run when a zerg of 25 approaches. So, why not split the zerg up? Why don’t more DB folks run in havoc groups of 5 – 8 or so? By doing so, they run into enemy havoc group of 5 – 8 and a fight ensues instead of the cat and mouse bullkitten. Ta da! Everyone is happy.

At this point in the week, who cares what the ppt/total is? DB wins, enough said. Congratulations. Everyone, not just DB, but SoS and CD, take a few of your friends and run a havoc group. If just five people do this, with 5 of their friends, then there will be fights everywhere and everyone is happy.

Unless, of course, zerging is your thing and the only thing you enjoy. If that’s the case, though, transfer to SoR. They need you.

Trust me when I say, I know how you feel. We were in it with SoR and BG, JQ, and with TC numerous times. We know how it feels to be heavily outnumbered and to be the smaller server. This is what T1 and T2 is on a larger scale. Our 25 may seem like a zerg to you, but against the likes of the top 4 servers, those numbers are peanuts in comparison.

Why don’t you have your 2-3 havok groups coordinate to take down the 25man? Heck – [EAT], [qT] and [NS] did it to BG, JQ and SoR’s zergblobs who heavily outnumber us. We each do our own thing on the BL, but when it came down to it – We coordinated and broke the zergblobs. WvW is a numbers/coverage game, there’s no argument there, but you have to find ways to adjust to the bigger servers where you can – not the other way around.

Like I said, I hope we have match-ups with the top 4 more often than not.

(edited by FrankieBonez.8361)

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Erawen.8217

Erawen.8217

I’ve had a really fun week. <3 CD and DB you’re not so bad

Honestly, I know it’s beyond cliché but on weeks where we are going to be outnumbered letting go of ppt and finding the fights makes it more enjoyable. It’s hard to do. We got all our stuff back this morning on SoS & then everyone took a break to do RL stuff (you know important stuff like lay in the sun & have a brewskie) and by the time I came back we were getting golem rushed by DB. Didn’t help that our wp bugged out and never upgraded.

Did it break my heart when we lost our whole map after hours of hard work this morning? Yes. Did I say some not nice things in the general direction of DB? Of course. But honestly, it was such a fun morning coordinating & hanging out with people in TS that in the end you gotta just dust it off your shoulders and move on. Too easy to get all worked up about it.

I’m looking forward to some fun fights tonight! And we have had really great ones throughout the week already, including one in CD Briar w/BANE & vH against CD & DB on… Saturday?

TLDR: It does stink that we don’t have even numbers but such is the way wvw seems to be going. All we can do is make the best of what’s around…. or just do what we do on SoS and #BlameSlim2013

Sea of Swag ~ gw2-seaofsorrows.guildlaunch.com

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slim.3208

Slim.3208

TLDR: It does stink that we don’t have even numbers but such is the way wvw seems to be going. All we can do is make the best of what’s around…. or just do what we do on SoS and #BlameSlim2013

Lol if that catches on in other servers :P

Sea of Swag ~
[CB] Carebear Unit Co-Leader
Accepting All 15v15s

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: dabomb.4056

dabomb.4056

[qT] wants to give our respect to [EK] and thank you guys for the GvG scrimmage.
We wish you all the best for the future battles.

Rekz – #Getgud, Champion illusionist

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

UrMom.4205

lol at db zerg pushing us all the way to our stairs on eb, first it was singles and doubles running from 1v1’s and 2v2’s now this. lol i’m over this match up, see everyone on friday. GG Anet on your broken matchmaking system.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

lol at db zerg pushing us all the way to our stairs on eb, first it was singles and doubles running from 1v1’s and 2v2’s now this. lol i’m over this match up, see everyone on friday. GG Anet on your broken matchmaking system.

NUh! dun go pve,stay here the DB zerg will keep you warm

Cön-Guardian DB

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

UrMom.4205

lol yeah, i just sat on the stairs and was invulnerable…yet they still attacked

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

just go round back and pick off the weaklings

Cön-Guardian DB

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Awesome and very tight GvG to watch, good comeback Agg

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naytron.7831

Naytron.7831

[Agg], you guys are the best guild that [NS] have ever fought. Our gvg with you guys was a kittening nail-biter. Congrats on the win and taking the #1 title in NA. We both need to fight [TW] in the future!

Nate
[NS] – Jade Quarry
Night Shift Guild Leader

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cryptik.7298

Cryptik.7298

Spectacular fights AGG!! Words can not express how amazing it was to stand toe to toe, and hold our own, with one of the guilds whose influence helped shape us. Congratulations to the TRUE KINGS of NA!!

Don’t get comfy.. >:)

SlevenTen
[NS] – DragonBrand
Night Shîft Guild Leader

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke.6037

Zeke.6037

Can’t Disagree with NS at all. NS has been the best guild we have fought so far. You had us on our toes the first 3 fights. Amazing final fight, the amount of yelling from Jericho almost made my ears bleed.

/madrespect

[Lost] Diva
SF-GOM-SOS-BG-ET-DB-MAG-JQ-SOS-JQ-SOS-TC-BP-TC

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Thanks for GvG [NS] unfortunately our D/D ele Serane could not make a video of all the rounds since his internet was kitten.

That kitten was amazing, we were impressed with [qT] but WOW, way to slap us in the kittening face. I am positive you can beat [Tw] both you and [qT] no doubt. Good job, very intense fight, I haven’t yelled that loud ever.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oishi.1379

Oishi.1379

Great fights Agg, you guys are the best! You guys really adapted well to our comp and it was a very close fight!
Best fights we’ve ever had! It was a real fun learning experience, hope we can learn how to adapt the same way you guys did the next time we fight!

Its Kuro [NS] Little Boy

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Had fun watching the GvG. [Agg] impressive as always and [NS] you guys rocked! Was awesome cant wait to watch the video, was nail-biting for us watching!!

P.S. Agg your recovery is just stupid good

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkay.5230

Arkay.5230

Nice comeback Agg, you kicked TW out of 1st place in NA, now they will be forced to come out and fight if they want to get the rank back. It didn’t look to good at the start but you guys came back, it was an intense fight to watch

[RISE]
Blackgate
Elementalist

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: tehfoks.5120

tehfoks.5120

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly Kitteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen NSSSSSSSS!!!!

Best GvG I’ve ever had. Period.

NS is AWESOME.

[Agg]ression – Nfn

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

maaaad mad props to NS. /respect /respect /respect /salute

[Agg] ression

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Congrats to both NS and AGG. It was great to watch. And when NS went up, we DBers started dreaming Great comeback. Kudos to both!

Dragonbrand

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

NS you guys were just so awesome
we were panicking so much and our ts was just so intense and suspenseful
mad mad respect to you guys. Rod you are awesome <3
im so kittening mad that my internet decided to be a kitten today of all days but the win is all that matters
thanks for the amazing fights, we will never forget them.

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I bet you can’t solo my CAT!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPrEMkB91eM

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

Huge shout out to NS for the GvG today, im sad i couldn’t make it :<

Here is a PoV of one of our warriors!

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

UrMom.4205

I bet you can’t solo my CAT!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPrEMkB91eM

LOL wut?….my body is ready

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

THIS is why we need Structured GvG in Guild Wars 2.

Simply looked amazing. I would have LOVED to hear both teamspeaks during this fight.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Simply looked amazing. I would have LOVED to hear both teamspeaks during this fight.

Structured? There was nothing structured about that and it would be impossible to commentate in a competitive setting. This is what real GvG looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWvdyCk1Uo

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Feed Me Change.6528

Structured? There was nothing structured about that and it would be impossible to commentate in a competitive setting. This is what real GvG looks like.

Structured as in: Leaderboards, scoreboard rankings etc.. not structured as in “spvp + GvG” I’d hate to play a GvG with the set-up of sPvP.

Fill out your roster, view rosters/classes (not builds), allowed spectators, food/oil/tonics allowed, or even the ability to set and approve extra rules..

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

FrankieBonez.8361

Fill out your roster, view rosters/classes (not builds), allowed spectators, food/oil/tonics allowed, or even the ability to set and approve extra rules..

Doesn’t this all happen anyway?

The only thing I would like to see added is a set Arena for guilds, cross-server, to do this.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Feed Me Change.6528

Doesn’t this all happen anyway?

The only thing I would like to see added is a set Arena for guilds, cross-server, to do this.

Not that I’ve seen. I know gw2gvg.com has a section for it but it’s never filled out.

But yes, if you register a Guild for the GvG, you should be able to send/accept cross-server matches since the area would be instanced.

Knowing that fights like this will only happen when the “server match-up stars align” is kind of depressing..

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

I am sorry sos and cd. I tried many times to tell our commanders not to wipe everything and give you a chance to play. But they keep on killing everything to a point there is nothing for DB at this time to do.
I am a bit sad that we have so many immature kids on our servers. When we win, we destroy our opponents. When we lose, we are totally disorganize, give up so easily, and half our “zerg force” does not show anyhow.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Man I sure do miss the old GW1 GvG format, and all of the other PvP formats. Nice video and editing job btw. If Anet ever does introduce a real GvG system, I think it’s a long long ways away. It’s not a financially viable addition to the game. Think about it from that perspective. People that are true PvP fanatics will seldom, if ever, spend any RL money on gems, skins, ect. They will, however, spend hours playing PvP. Consuming bandwidth and server resources. Face it… the money trail follows the PVE path, unfortunately.

Dragonbrand since day 1

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I am sorry sos and cd. I tried many times to tell our commanders not to wipe everything and give you a chance to play. But they keep on killing everything to a point there is nothing for DB at this time to do.
I am a bit sad that we have so many immature kids on our servers. When we win, we destroy our opponents. When we lose, we are totally disorganize, give up so easily, and half our “zerg force” does not show anyhow.

You must be playing a different game than I am. If we get behind on points, I just go find an outmanned BL and go nuts!!

Dragonbrand since day 1

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Man I sure do miss the old GW1 GvG format, and all of the other PvP formats. Nice video and editing job btw. If Anet ever does introduce a real GvG system, I think it’s a long long ways away. It’s not a financially viable addition to the game. Think about it from that perspective. People that are true PvP fanatics will seldom, if ever, spend any RL money on gems, skins, ect. They will, however, spend hours playing PvP. Consuming bandwidth and server resources. Face it… the money trail follows the PVE path, unfortunately.

That isn’t my video btw, just one I found that does a nice job of showcasing the extreme amount of coordination, timing, and reaction speed that was required in GW1 GvG.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

If they added a way for guilds to have a map to GvG and gave us a way to watch, I know I would love to watch more GvGs. I was on the edge of my seat watch that last night!

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

You must be playing a different game than I am. If we get behind on points, I just go find an outmanned BL and go nuts!!

Your disgusting mentality is the reason why GW2 and wvw will lose more and more players. sos and cd are not even playing anymore, because they are getting destroyed non stop on EQ. Even if their players decide not to quit GW2, we may have nothing to do until the reset. Meanwhile other players (on other servers) are gaining new WXP upgrades.

8/2 SoS/DB/CD

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaian.2615

kaian.2615

Huge shout out to NS for the GvG today, im sad i couldn’t make it :<

Here is a PoV of one of our warriors!

the musics alone made it worth watching, great video.

[CNB] Sea of Sorrows