8/23 Jade Quarry/Blackgate/Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

What happened to BG’s SEA this week so far? taking the week off? I can tell by the lack of chest thumping by BG trolls.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

What happened to BG’s SEA this week so far? taking the week off? I can tell by the lack of chest thumping by BG trolls.

The entire server is taking the week off. Plenty of people zerging in PvE though. People keep telling me, “next week it’ll go back to normal.” I’ve heard that three weeks running now. But Anet isn’t going to stop releasing new PvE crap to grind so Blackgate is going to have to decide what they like more: massive amounts of gold or WvW. I prefer WvW so I’m not sure how long I’m going to stay on BG because I want to play with like minded players who are passionate about WvW and absolutely bored by PvE. That used to be Blackgate, but I’m not so sure anymore…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

The entire server is taking the week off. Plenty of people zerging in PvE though. People keep telling me, “next week it’ll go back to normal.” I’ve heard that three weeks running now. But Anet isn’t going to stop releasing new PvE crap to grind so Blackgate is going to have to decide what they like more: massive amounts of gold or WvW. I prefer WvW so I’m not sure how long I’m going to stay on BG because I want to play with like minded players who are passionate about WvW and absolutely bored by PvE. That used to be Blackgate, but I’m not so sure anymore…

BG has taken 1st place in T1 7 times in the past 10 weeks, including a streak of 5 in a row. I think it’s natural for a group of players to scale back from the effort required to achieve that and take part in other elements of the game, or possibly even play other games. We saw it with JQ, and we might be seeing it with BG now. Also, I personally think the culture of BG enjoys the road to winning more than winning itself. That’s just a theory of mine though and I could be wrong.

The bottom line is, winning for too long will take its toll on participation, and will often be followed by a lull period in interest and activity. The best course of action (in my opinion) is to stick it out and ride the wave from peak to trough then back to the peak again. If more players did this and had some patience I think we’d have a lot more happy gamers.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

the day where BG and SoR “2v1” JQ?
we can only imagine. shudder

XDDD

BG has Firebat, TKG, some of our EU guys and Noodles and SoR got Aco and Ward.

So, basically you already transfered us 2v1.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

XDDD

Firebat is not on BG

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Not allowed a week off? SoR took last week off

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

The old joke for years is that in Jed’s van we have candy, and well…candy just so happens to be a 300+ lb ex-inmate with a shirt that is waay to small that says, “Hi, I’m candy.”

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeres.8713

Zeres.8713

In the SoR ts, we were theory crafting for reasons behind SEA timezone 1v2(on most days), this is what I came up with…. This is all based on findings about zodiac compatibility.

So Tarkus is a Horse and Waha is a Dog, and quoting from resources “Horse+Dog = A happy couple” Its been said that the Dog can be happy with the Horse who will let him get on with his causes in exchange for a little independence.(perhaps 1v2 cause??)

Indo is a rooster, which is not compatible with horses or dogs. They will only work together when absolutely needed. Also from resources, but unrelated, Indo is extremely conscious about his clothing and appearance.

So with he information given, we can assume Tarkus and Waha are a happy couple, who 1v2 SoR because they dislike roosters.

And for EU, Wrex is an ox. The Ox can also be prejudice, chauvinistic, proud, tyrannical, petty, critical, eccentric, bigoted, conservative, grumpy and on occasion violent…. be careful with that!

Thanks for your time everyone.. please add on!

(edited by Zeres.8713)

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

But how can anyone dislike coc-.. wait what?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

BG has taken 1st place in T1 7 times in the past 10 weeks, including a streak of 5 in a row. I think it’s natural for a group of players to scale back from the effort required to achieve that and take part in other elements of the game, or possibly even play other games. We saw it with JQ, and we might be seeing it with BG now. Also, I personally think the culture of BG enjoys the road to winning more than winning itself. That’s just a theory of mine though and I could be wrong.

The bottom line is, winning for too long will take its toll on participation, and will often be followed by a lull period in interest and activity. The best course of action (in my opinion) is to stick it out and ride the wave from peak to trough then back to the peak again. If more players did this and had some patience I think we’d have a lot more happy gamers.

Well written I for one love killing the giants rather than being one, but with the state of the lower tiers I don’t think we will see any up and comers until a few issues are dealt with.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

That team trying to take greenbriar on sor bl thank you for the fun I was the thief that was trolling you guys and killing your catas.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: PetiteGeek.2961

PetiteGeek.2961

In the SoR ts, we were theory crafting for reasons behind SEA timezone 1v2(on most days), this is what I came up with…. This is all based on findings about zodiac compatibility.

So Tarkus is a Horse and Waha is a Dog, and quoting from resources “Horse+Dog = A happy couple” Its been said that the Dog can be happy with the Horse who will let him get on with his causes in exchange for a little independence.(perhaps 1v2 cause??)

Indo is a rooster, which is not compatible with horses or dogs. They will only work together when absolutely needed. Also from resources, but unrelated, Indo is extremely conscious about his clothing and appearance.

So with he information given, we can assume Tarkus and Waha are a happy couple, who 1v2 SoR because they dislike roosters.

And for EU, Wrex is an ox. The Ox can also be prejudice, chauvinistic, proud, tyrannical, petty, critical, eccentric, bigoted, conservative, grumpy and on occasion violent…. be careful with that!

Thanks for your time everyone.. please add on!

Waha + Tarkus = Warkus?

#PvENecroHype
Talicake >//<

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

XDDD

Firebat is not on BG

Oh, my apologies. I only saw a Fire tag between all those ESOL and that seemed to make sense.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

outnumbered but never outgunned

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

outnumbered but never outgunned

Keep it coming man I love watching these videos!

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Jet.4795

HzH is having a blast in WvW past couple of weeks, keep the fights coming and always bring the heat!

Ben Sheets Reborn

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

kitten you new games! shakes fist

[TKG] Flake

in Match-ups

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

Nowdays, I worry more about WvW than BG as a server.
Anet is keep throwing PVE stuff every 2 weeks and its killing the WvW.
Less and less people showing up for WvW and this is causing issue for servers
and guilds. T1 servers are now filling 1~2 maps only on NA time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grithan Soulforge.5726

Grithan Soulforge.5726

Nowdays, I worry more about WvW than BG as a server.
Anet is keep throwing PVE stuff every 2 weeks and its killing the WvW.
Less and less people showing up for WvW and this is causing issue for servers
and guilds. T1 servers are now filling 1~2 maps only on NA time.

TF2 is more fulfilling than WvW because in TF2 you can collect hats.

[BfB] Grithan/Trigan – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

If you think it been bad these last few weeks just wait to next week. If farming can keep a ton of people out of wvw i can only imagine what introducing ascended weapons will do.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Anyone know what happened to BT? Haven’t seen them in force in a long time.

I heard they quit. Not 100% sure though.

I noticed this too. It’s a shame if they indeed left the game.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blade.3456

Blade.3456

In the mean time, PvX guilds still rockin’ a healthy balance of both PvE and WvW
See you tomorrow night JQ/SoR Oceanics ^^

Vortex Blade – WvW Commander
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
[FirstLight] – BLACK DESERT ONLINE – EDAN http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I log on to get my dailies done before i leave for the airport and what do i see pop up in my inventory whilst fighting HzH?

Thanks! wonderful start to my holiday lol xD

Cya all in aweek!

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I log on to get my dailies done before i leave for the airport and what do i see pop up in my inventory whilst fighting HzH?

Cya all in aweek!

Lol congrats! I guess the game decided the 500 gold you farmed from Deadeye wasn’t enough.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Tarkus.4109

Cya all in aweek!

Lol congrats! I guess the game decided the 500 gold you farmed from Deadeye wasn’t enough.

Woah woah, Deadeye only drops spikes, although he died from his own retal the other day, no clue how that happened.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went adventuring to the land of TC again and found this pretty place. And yes I’m slow on the pretty PvE updates… Since WvW <3

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Went adventuring to the land of TC again and found this pretty place. And yes I’m slow on the pretty PvE updates… Since WvW <3

Your Kodan friend hopes to see you on the borderlands!

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

:D <3 Maybe Shifty wont start punt wars again :P Hopefully catch you again!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Liquid pretty much hit the nail on the head. Although I have a theory , BG want’s to drop a tier or two because it’s the only way to get new wvw content around here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

1V1s, pm in game

in Match-ups

Jet.4795

Great fights tonight FEAR, Choo, WARD, TW, JINX, ICoa and many more I’m sure I am forgetting. We had a blast fighting in SoRBL….Dat WP

Keep the good fights comming!

Ben Sheets Reborn

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

XDDD

Why is noodles classed with guilds

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

I appreciate this post; I’m just incredibly disappointed that people don’t want to WvW right now. I just came back to the game the week after our win streak stopped and all of a sudden, Beastgate is now B***chgate and for what? PvE? It’s an incredibly boring and mindless zergfest right now. I can’t imagine any true PvP’er would want to bother with it regardless of how many times we’ve beaten JQ and SoR; I’d rather be killing them than some scripted event crap. But I’ll take your advice and ride the wave out to see where it goes. It’s certainly cheaper than transferring out of sheer impulsiveness.

Well you have not played as long as others, so you don’t get to complain. Many people need to take some rest and replenish funds.

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

On a scale of 1 to ‘Quit Trying’, where does BG rank this week…

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Mr Avenge,

Please excuse my query, I’m not trolling but what exactly is the point of your question? I don’t understand. The BG folks have already said they are resting and quite of lot of them including JQ/SOR are on FF. I’m genuinely interested in your pov.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Below SoR for sure.

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stephen.9852

Stephen.9852

HzH, we’re coming for you!

Razethh [ONE] Leader – Sanctum of Rall
fightasone.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

XDDD

Why is noodles classed with anything

Edited. .

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

XDDD

Why is noodles classed with anything

Edited. .

Fuzzion, why don’t you just come out and say what you really think instead of throwing these cheap shots?

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Tarkus.4109

Check out his video from a dude in ICoa on the Blackgate server.

Meh 2v1 happens all the time, no-one was saying that it never happened

in Match-ups

Tarkus.4109

No-one said that 2v1 never happened

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

Well you have not played as long as others, so you don’t get to complain. Many people need to take some rest and replenish funds.

Except when I was active, I practically lived in WvW for months on end just like many, many others on the server. Of course back then, mindlessly farming champs for massive amounts of gold wasn’t a thing. We had great coverage for every time zone. Now it’s a ghost town half the time. Replenishing funds? For 3+ weeks now? I think that’s part of it but also a plethora of other factors like other games and burn-out with GW2 in general.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Streaming live roaming now! Come ghost us!

http://www.twitch.tv/defunct_

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Except when I was active, I practically lived in WvW for months on end just like many, many others on the server. Of course back then, mindlessly farming champs for massive amounts of gold wasn’t a thing. We had great coverage for every time zone. Now it’s a ghost town half the time. Replenishing funds? For 3+ weeks now? I think that’s part of it but also a plethora of other factors like other games and burn-out with GW2 in general.

Don’t blame the server, blame the crazy PVE events which can yield tens of gold every hour. That, along with all the orr exploiters have pushed the prices of everything up. And mostly, people are stacking up on materials for ascended weapons. Expect it to be like this for at least 2 more weeks.

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Lol! JQ is like the most bipolar server. One minute they’re double-teaming SoR with BG, next minute they’re double-teaming BG with SoR.

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Lol! JQ is like the most bipolar server. One minute they’re double-teaming SoR with BG, next minute they’re double-teaming BG with SoR.

They are just taking advantage of the rivalry to win, which is completely fair. If BG and SoR teamed up, I have no doubt we could push them down to tier 2.

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Its called fun

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Mr Seigfried,

I concur with you. If BG and SOR could work together especially in SEA time JQ would have some serious work to do. JQ SEA has never been 2v1 for the last 6 months due to the intense rivalry between BG and SOR.

One of the only way for BG and SOR to work together is for the server trolls (on both sides) to keep their peace for ~4-6 weeks. I think we’ll be surprised at what goodwill might result from that. I am highly skeptical it can happen however.

FW

They are just taking advantage of the rivalry to win, which is completely fair. If BG and SoR teamed up, I have no doubt we could push them down to tier 2.

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

:D <3 Maybe Shifty wont start punt wars again :P Hopefully catch you again!

:o
Its all fun and games
Just you’re scared ill beat you every time now :p mwahahahaha

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

NRWP

/15characters

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”