8/9 - BP - YB - EB

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

After Yaks lost their Garrison at the same time they failed to golem rush hills, they died out quick. After that the most significant threat on the Yaks BL map was Ehmry Bay. As for the cap on BP Garrison, it accomplished nothing since we flipped it back before the 15 minute timer accounted for PPT.

Oddly enough, the trigger of this Borlis Offenive last night, the golem rush by Yaks Bend on Lowlands Keep, also accomplished little since it was flipped back right away. I was invited by one of your commanders to a party shortly after we retook it. It was a good opportunity to inform him that he had awoken the beast.

Fair warning was fair play. Really though, what cheesed us off more then anything was not the lowlands cap itself, but the gloating on our forums right after the cap. Oh boy. That fueled us way past what sanity dictated the proper time to go to bed.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

BP Thief in SM won’t play with me. How am I supposed to test/learn this new build nice Mr. Tato let me have like this? I promise only to hurt you a little. =’(

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

So you got trolled by Jonstern and you unleash your rightious fury?

oddly, I find myself in agreement with Lolfael, who could have predicted that.

Have fun, BP!

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

wow you nerds take this game 2 seriously lol!

LOL

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

You’re just having a hard time dealing with how much better our nerds are than yours. Back to crown pavilion with you, we have some doors to kick!

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

You’re just having a hard time dealing with how much better our nerds are than yours. Back to crown pavilion with you, we have some doors to kick!

While i’ll admit that BP is getting better every time we get matched up with you guys, there’s still a great population of your server that still tower hugs and requires a large group or siege to win a small fight.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

nothing.7941

While i’ll admit that BP is getting better every time we get matched up with you guys, there’s still a great population of your server that still tower hugs and requires a large group or siege to win a small fight.

Yeah, we hear that every match now. Bottom line is we have some very tenacious defenders who commit to defending our towers and keeps, but we also have some skill groups, and yes some zergs, who roam the field looking for fights, and pretty good coordination among them all. It’s a good time to wvw on BP, much better than that dismal unending match with your server and AR.

Gaile Gray wrote:

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

^^^ this.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Pretty Pixie.8603

If defense works for BP, more power to them. I don’t really see why people insist on projecting their own ideas of what makes a good match on the other servers.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

God, YB is as bad as BP with hiding in the towers. Almost an hour in their BL and I couldn’t get one person to actually duel me. Always gotta be 3:1 or better. One guy of higher rank than me actually hid inside a camp, behind the guards of all things. Wouldn’t come out and play, so I walked off, went in a big circle, came back, and capped it anyway. I am disappoint.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Dan.2940

God, YB is as bad as BP with hiding in the towers. Almost an hour in their BL and I couldn’t get one person to actually duel me. Always gotta be 3:1 or better. One guy of higher rank than me actually hid inside a camp, behind the guards of all things. Wouldn’t come out and play, so I walked off, went in a big circle, came back, and capped it anyway. I am disappoint.

I honestly don’t understand why people bother playing the game if they aren’t going to PLAY THE GAME. If you’re in WvW, you obviously enjoy PvP so why are you making the NPC’s do the work for you? Or why wait until you outnumber the enemy to attack? If you don’t enjoy using SKILL to beat players, go back to PvE where you can gang up with your group and auto attack a mob to death.

Ehmry Bay

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I honestly don’t understand why people bother playing the game if they aren’t going to PLAY THE GAME. If you’re in WvW, you obviously enjoy PvP so why are you making the NPC’s do the work for you? Or why wait until you outnumber the enemy to attack? If you don’t enjoy using SKILL to beat players, go back to PvE where you can gang up with your group and auto attack a mob to death.

Definitely agree. I run into uneven fights and honestly, I don’t even care if I die lol. Just a waypoint away from giving it another chance. No one ever got better by running away from fights or hiding from them.

I’ve had some pretty fun fights this week, I typically roam around solo and have come across several people who have given me a fun 1v1, but then I’ve also run into those people who run like hell (usually warriors..) until they meet up with another person and then its uneven lol..

I’ve mostly only fought with ebay though, seems like every time I run into YB they always have 10+ people lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Don’t even bother Dan.

Some friendly advice.

All classes

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Dan.2940

Don’t even bother Dan.

Some friendly advice.

Yup. I know that people won’t change the way they play just because i made a comment, but they might think twice about how idiotic their playstyle is.

Ehmry Bay

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

Some people will always complain about others not playing the way they want them to and call it unfair or cowardly or what not, i couldn’t care less about that.

Go to PvP if you want duels or organize a fight club. WvW is about your server, about teamplay, not about anyone individually, and every server uses numerical superiority to their advantadge. People conveniently ignore that.

Oooh people play “idiotic” because they won’t let my stealth abuser backstab them!

[Yak’s Bend]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Its funny how many of the people complaining on players running away from duels are Mesmers and Thieves. Whenever I see a thief who has not attacked me yet, I don’t even bother. Why? Because when I do kick their kitten down 5% hp they run away.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Dan.2940

Some people will always complain about others not playing the way they want them to and call it unfair or cowardly or what not, i couldn’t care less about that.

Go to PvP if you want duels or organize a fight club. WvW is about your server, about teamplay, not about anyone individually, and every server uses numerical superiority to their advantadge. People conveniently ignore that.

Oooh people play “idiotic” because they won’t let my stealth abuser backstab them!

Yes, lets go to sPvP to duel when we just finished gearing our player and getting them to 80, so we can duel with stats that are less than in WvW. Makes sense man.

Obviously WvW is about team play, I never once said that you had to solo roam. Zerging is also part of WvW and is technically intended for WvW. HOWEVER, when you have players with the mindset that they can’t beat someone unless they outnumber them, have siege, or have NPC’s to help, you can’t tell me that is not idiotic thinking. Do you enjoy fighting a elementalist who fights near a tower, gets downed in a 1v1 and mist forms into the tower to deny your kill? Or perhaps you enjoy players who will go into a group of 10 and hunt down 1 player til hes dead? Guess that takes some serious 1 spamming skill!

Ehmry Bay

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Sil.4560

Heh, this is pretty much why it boggles me. I understand group tactics and whatnot, but people just seem to want free loot and the ability to brag about non-accomplishments more than they want to enjoy a good fight or something…

Its funny how many of the people complaining on players running away from duels are Mesmers and Thieves. Whenever I see a thief who has not attacked me yet, I don’t even bother. Why? Because when I do kick their kitten down 5% hp they run away.

I main warrior.

(edited by Sil.4560)

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

Many people do not want to fight 1 vs 1, if you can’t accept it then that’s entirely your problem. Calling it “idiotic” does not get you any more duels. Your way of defining the Game is not everyone’s, actually the roamers looking for 1 vs 1 are a minority in WvW. Go to a fight club maybe? But you have to stick to certain rules there, oh my…

[Yak’s Bend]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Dan.2940

Read my signature, Thief, Ele, Guard, Engi, and i also have a lvl 80 Warrior, but apparently i’m labelled as thief main when i make a comment? It’s great that you can get a thief down to 5%, just goes to show that they are only OP at running right? I’m curious as to what you play so i can label that class as your main and explain to you how your class is OP at running or taking care of themselves.

Rangers – Can run for days
Warriors – Don’t even get me started
Mesmers – Don’t have to run, 3 invis, 1 blink
Necro – No explanation needed
Elementalist – Can mist form into portals, has a blink, Armor of earth, Fiery GS
Guardian – Brick house, retaliation for days, doesn’t need to run
Engineer – Rocket boots, perma swiftness, invis, Elixir S

Every class is capable of running, or taking care of themselves if it comes down to it, so you can’t even pin down the thieves abusive stealth mechanic as a cheap getaway. It’s literally their only form of survival.

Ehmry Bay

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Dan.2940

Many people do not want to fight 1 vs 1, if you can’t accept it then that’s entirely your problem. Calling it “idiotic” does not get you any more duels. Your way of defining the Game is not everyone’s, actually the roamers looking for 1 vs 1 are a minority in WvW. Go to a fight club maybe? But you have to stick to certain rules there, oh my…

You clearly aren’t reading my comments properly, i never mentioned that it had to be a 1v1. Heck i ran into players the other day that wouldn’t even fight me with 2 people, what’s up with that? I’m only saying that players shouldn’t have the mindset that they need more players or some form of advantage to beat other players, not saying that they are entitled to 1v1 me. Look at it from another perspective, i’m roaming with 4 other players, they also have 5 players, but instead of fighting us, let’s lure them to our tower so we can use our siege and NPC’s. I guess some people call that “smart” but to me, that’s just as bad as a thief running away with stealth. There is no chance of you killing them once they go in that tower, just like there is no chance of you catching that thief.

Ehmry Bay

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

nothing.7941

Definitely agree. I run into uneven fights and honestly, I don’t even care if I die lol. Just a waypoint away from giving it another chance. No one ever got better by running away from fights or hiding from them.

I’ve had some pretty fun fights this week, I typically roam around solo and have come across several people who have given me a fun 1v1, but then I’ve also run into those people who run like hell (usually warriors..) until they meet up with another person and then its uneven lol..

I’ve mostly only fought with ebay though, seems like every time I run into YB they always have 10+ people lol.

Noooo, my stacks!!!!!

Gaile Gray wrote:

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

You clearly aren’t reading my comments properly, i never mentioned that it had to be a 1v1. Heck i ran into players the other day that wouldn’t even fight me with 2 people, what’s up with that? I’m only saying that players shouldn’t have the mindset that they need more players or some form of advantage to beat other players, not saying that they are entitled to 1v1 me. Look at it from another perspective, i’m roaming with 4 other players, they also have 5 players, but instead of fighting us, let’s lure them to our tower so we can use our siege and NPC’s. I guess some people call that “smart” but to me, that’s just as bad as a thief running away with stealth. There is no chance of you killing them once they go in that tower, just like there is no chance of you catching that thief.

It doesn’t matter if it is 1 vs 1 or 5 vs 5, some people will not fight but retreat, they exist on every server. People have different mindsets, just let them, you can’t change it. Move on and look for your personal fun somewhere else on the map. Go to a fight club or organize a GvG if you want fights like that, you should find skilled players there, but it’s futile to try to change anything about how people feel in WvW.

[Yak’s Bend]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Not everyone is spec’d for 1v1 or even has a class that was ever balanced around them in the first place. … and sometimes they’re just trolling the tryhards b/c they know if you keep chasing them but never catch them, they win b/c they’ve just wasted a bunch of your time. (sorta like a bunch of the posts in this thread)

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

My stacks!!!

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Redacted [AI]; Thanks for the fun this afternoon in YBBL.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Sil.4560

We never implied it would get us any more duels. We’re simply expressing an opinion of our enemies’ cowardice. XD

I did this earlier today just for fun. It took seven YB players to actually take me down and I almost had two of them dead. I didn’t learn a lot because it’s just lolnumbers but I did find it incredibly amusing.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Ohhh my goodness – sorry about your golems north of Borlis Hills >.< That was a FUN fight though! Proud of the militia following my tag tonight!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

We never implied it would get us any more duels. We’re simply expressing an opinion of our enemies’ cowardice. XD

Oh oh! You know what’s the best?

When you catch some Legend or Bronze alone in the open field. My first thought is usually, “oh, it’s a big’un! This might be fun!” So I go running over there and then one of two things happens. Either they’re legit and I end up an utterly smoked and thoroughly staked corpse (usually after an intense throwdown), or they straight flee screaming and flailing all the way back to their tower/NPC’s/zergs.

Apparently, high rank a good fighter does not always make.

Also, and not in any way related to the previous topic. Would the esteemed Choco or any other of our myriad of amazing mes players be willing to show me some of the good hidey holes around WvW? My next project is my mezzums. =3

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by KStudios.2850)

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Interesting… Didn’t think I had to guard Bay’s Watergate of all things.

(Screenshots both have different times.)

Attachments:

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Aeros.2046

Yaks Bend, we know what you are doing. I can’t say WHAT you are doing because this against the GW2 TOS. I can say though, we know its not Ehmry because they have honor. You have reaped the whirlwind this night

Know that my entire mission in life will be to see you guys lose this match up. And you will. Their are depths a server can go, but I have never seen a server sink as low as you guys have tonight. I am full of righteous indignation, as is all members of the pass.

Begun, the guild wars have. Ehmy Bay, I can’t speak for all, but I think we no longer care who wins this match up, so long as Yaks LOSES this match up. Yaks, we are coming for you, and ONLY you, to the detriment of all else. You are going to lose this match up and as many ranking points as we can take from you.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Paxi.1386

Paxi.1386

DR has been enjoying this weeks matchups, good fights all around. Keep it up all

Maestro W – 80 Warrior
Maestro – 80 Mesmer
Dragonriders [DR]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

Aeros/ Esperanis, I really hope you actually have fun playing this game because I’m a bit worried about your blood pressure man.

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Yaks Bend, we know what you are doing. I can’t say WHAT you are doing because this against the GW2 TOS. I can say though, we know its not Ehmry because they have honor. You have reaped the whirlwind this night

Know that my entire mission in life will be to see you guys lose this match up. And you will. Their are depths a server can go, but I have never seen a server sink as low as you guys have tonight. I am full of righteous indignation, as is all members of the pass.

Begun, the guild wars have. Ehmy Bay, I can’t speak for all, but I think we no longer care who wins this match up, so long as Yaks LOSES this match up. Yaks, we are coming for you, and ONLY you, to the detriment of all else. You are going to lose this match up and as many ranking points as we can take from you.

Too much care has been given

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Pretty Pixie.8603

Too much care has been given

IKR? Did this guy get emoted at? Sorry if that was the case. I’d recommend 5 ml Haloperidol, stat.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Kronyx.2570

Aeros reminds me of this.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Kronyx.2570

Hey Aeros, having trouble in SM?

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Aeros.2046

Indeed. Can you keep this up all week? I can : )

[KRTA]
Maguuma

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Iron Monk I.2103

I Iron Monk I.2103

Aeros next time you feed us all this LOOT would you mind dropping a merchant? it would help alot thank you

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

I dont run from duels. I enjoy smacking you guys in the head with a pry bar.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snow Ghost.6817

Snow Ghost.6817

[VP] had a great time last night fighting against [FTF] and [GH] . Hard fights and always fun.

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

Yaks, we are coming for you, and ONLY you, to the detriment of all else. You are going to lose this match up and as many ranking points as we can take from you.

Is this the guy who said he would transfer if YB didn’t come out 3rd this week?

Didn’t think that there are people who take this game that seriously.

I danced on some BP corpses yesterday, maybe that is why he is so angry. But really, you guys are my new 2nd bestest friends now, straight after Maguuma.

You wanna start a feud with YB? Not that we really care as your server is far less of a threat than several other servers we have faced. But sure, go ahead.

[Yak’s Bend]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

Interesting… Didn’t think I had to guard Bay’s Watergate of all things.

(Screenshots both have different times.)

He looks rather frightened. Maybe he just wants let out?

Yumiko Togashii

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Pretty Pixie.8603

I found out what he’s so angry about, the same happened to us. I replied to your matchup thread on the BP forums so you can speak your mind and we can dispel this wild accusation of yours, Aeros.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

What did that remote control ever do to anyone? D=

Yumiko Togashii

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

I found out what he’s so angry about, the same happened to us. I replied to your matchup thread on the BP forums so you can speak your mind and we can dispel this wild accusation of yours, Aeros.

By all means enlighten us as to the cause? Expecting something monumentally profound here.

Yumiko Togashii

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Pretty Pixie.8603

By all means enlighten us as to the cause? Expecting something monumentally profound here.

You’d be dissappointed. As I stated, check the BP forums match up thread.

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

A noble attempt at mediation, but i do not think they will listen.

It must be the awful taste of Skritt beer.

No, seriously, it does not really matter what it is, we will get blamed for everything from now on. Like Skritt beer.

It’s your chance to strike at BP anyway.

[Yak’s Bend]

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

You’d be dissappointed. As I stated, check the BP forums match up thread.

I’d rather not. Maybe I’m the one taking it too serious now, but I’d rather avoid such things during a match. I highly doubt you guys simply spew juicy intel on your forums or anything, but still lol. Well, unless there was anything there directly referencing me somewhere. Then my curiosity might just overcome.

Yumiko Togashii

8/9 - BP - YB - EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

If you “honestly” don’t understand, allow me to explain.

Not everyone plays World vs. World because they want to duel players. Some people play because they enjoy WvW in its entirety – and fighting is just one part of it! I for one really don’t enjoy PvP at all in almost any game.

Additionally, some players are not built for dueling, so there is no illusion that someone who is roaming solo is probably built for it and will likely spike them. My Guardian is a great example of a really good team player built off buffing and healing others, and in a mid-large group she is a beast. But she doesn’t do enough burst damage to take down most players 1v1, and if I’m facing a Mesmer or a Thief I’m smart enough to know the fight is just going to be annoying.

So if I’m the guy standing in the camp defending it – perhaps communicating enemy movement to a camp that we strategically need to feed a tower or keep we are trying to upgrade – why would I give that up to jump into a 1v1 fight with someone who has multiple advantages over me in 1v1 play?

BTW, it wasn’t me in the camp but I thought it might help you to understand an easy concept that apparently isn’t understood by some people.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer