Sari #1 wingman

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

9/20: BG/JQ/TC Round II

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Even if Waha pvds them to victory like old times no one will care. Everyone knows the winner of BG vs SOR is the real T1 champion

in Match-ups

Posted by: Decklan.7540

Decklan.7540

And that, do not let me see any of the MERC on the borderlands during SEA or EU timezone. If I have you down, I am gonna stomp you all with the big cow butt sitting on your face and me sitting on your body, dancing and laughing. It is not classy I didn’t do that before and I will not do that to anyone else except MERC and no remorse.

Wow, you must be a total blast to hang out with in real life.

“Hey, Kiff, want to go out for some drinks?”
“Sorry, I have to write this 10 page manifesto on how much I hate people I’ve never met because they pressed a few buttons to transfer to another server in a fantasy realm.”

Now that I think about it, the reason JQ has been in T1 for so long (dropping down to T2 a few times) is because we seem to be more fun-loving than any other PPT hunting server out there. I can’t recall anyone on JQ getting frustrated when TKG left, in fact I think most of us wished them well. An attitude like that is probably why they felt they could come back and no one would hold any ill-will towards them. I have a feeling if the MERC members that transferred wanted to go back to BG you guys would troll them and treat them with intense hostility.

Then again, it might also be that two of the most outspoken members on BG are Monsoon and Kiff. Maybe you guys should send them a message in game, as their numerous angry and troll-like posts cast a very poor light on the rest of you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Ajax.4967

The Ajax.4967

What’s your new guild called Karps?

Don’t have one yet, don’t think we will, theres enough willing and able guilds ready to increase their presence / already have smaller presence be good to see them recruit.

Other note: TKG

Maybe the the MERC on jq can be called [BAND] Black Lion Bandwagon Corps while Karps can retain [MERC] problem solvered

Evin Arris

in Match-ups

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

TC is the T1 champion of all time, for all time. They are the best WvW server without a doubt.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

TC is the T1 champion of all time, for all time. They are the best WvW server without a doubt.

I know, right? Some of these people are delusional. BG/SoR/JQ are like seniors pretending to be hip.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

http://youtu.be/4ZhQfgQSbSs

Some random stuff. Fun times running with TC legion, getting wiped and wiping (some of the time).

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

And that, do not let me see any of the MERC on the borderlands during SEA or EU timezone. If I have you down, I am gonna stomp you all with the big cow butt sitting on your face and me sitting on your body, dancing and laughing. It is not classy I didn’t do that before and I will not do that to anyone else except MERC and no remorse.

“Sorry, I have to write this 10 page manifesto on how much I hate people I’ve never met because they pressed a few buttons to transfer to another server in a fantasy realm.”

Now that I think about it, the reason JQ has been in T1 for so long (dropping down to T2 a few times) is because we seem to be more fun-loving than any other PPT hunting server out there. I can’t recall anyone on JQ getting frustrated when TKG left, in fact I think most of us wished them well. An attitude like that is probably why they felt they could come back and no one would hold any ill-will towards them. I have a feeling if the MERC members that transferred wanted to go back to BG you guys would troll them and treat them with intense hostility.

Then again, it might also be that two of the most outspoken members on BG are Monsoon and Kiff. Maybe you guys should send them a message in game, as their numerous angry and troll-like posts cast a very poor light on the rest of you.

You’re totally right dude. You guys remained calm. Just most of your NA guilds quit, disbanded, or transferred off .

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Thanks for all the fun fights tonight in JQ BL.

Attachments:

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

First of all, you may refer to my post in the deleted thread I had no problem with them moving on but blaming others for being unsupportive during SEA and EU and they do not want to get burnout? yeah, there are superior jq SEA and EU supporting them now, playing 10-14 hours again? I don’t mind degrade more.
and Grats, you have a great guild that does not care about ppt tho they burnout when in BG, no they don’t care about kittenty ppt.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Decklan,

I might be overstepping my boundaries, but I think I have to express my point of view.

There are prominent guilds in every server, the ones that indelibly shape the ethos and community through their words, decisions, actions and commitment. The militia and 90% of the WvW population look up to the leadership of the leaders. Even though this is a video game, loyalty and reputation crosses over from real life. The anonymity also makes it easier for folks to show their real nature, their real selves so to speak. Hence the feelings of betrayal is extremely painful.

I was in a guild whose guild leader unilaterally decided to leave. It started a chain reaction that ultimately lead to the demise of the server. I left with the guild because the guild was more important to me. But I still think about the PMs that people sent to us, those folks were hurt.

Some might argue that as individuals we decide how we want to play and nobody’s business but our own if we decide to do what might be technically ok but morally/ethically gray.

However, I think that no man nor woman can make a decision without having an impact on the lives of others, more so leaders. There is a shared responsibility about being woven into the fabric of the community, more so leadership.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joe.6184

Joe.6184

What people don’t understand is that MERC can now actually run as a proper guild (tagless etc) because they don’t need to send 20 scouts to every towers,keeps on every BLs. BG is too obsessed with ppt which make MERC become a “float team” for BG which is basically a train with bunch of rallybots (pugs) who stay up for wexp (because their guilds can’t take any thing from JQ or SoR).

I can say this because I was a MERC and the reason Amarathy quit commanding was because of BG. One night we ran tagless with MERC only and it was so much fun. After that he got so much complains about not tagging up to lead useless rallybots to farm their wexp. After that they i’ve never seen Amarathy commanded again.

GG – keep the hate flowing.

FA Forum Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

That MERC story is so yesterday. Anyways, I hope they do what you say. I totally enjoy running with my guild or solo. Float teams are meh. Its good to rally numbers but nobody wants to do that all the time Organized compositions with guildies are much better.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I’m so conflicted. Who will jump on my corpse when I rep LOVE and whos corpse will I jump on while I rep LOVE

<3

PRAISE JEDSUS

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

Hello Decklan,

I might be overstepping my boundaries, but I think I have to express my point of view.

There are prominent guilds in every server, the ones that indelibly shape the ethos and community through their words, decisions, actions and commitment. The militia and 90% of the WvW population look up to the leadership of the leaders. Even though this is a video game, loyalty and reputation crosses over from real life. The anonymity also makes it easier for folks to show their real nature, their real selves so to speak. Hence the feelings of betrayal is extremely painful.

I was in a guild whose guild leader unilaterally decided to leave. It started a chain reaction that ultimately lead to the demise of the server. I left with the guild because the guild was more important to me. But I still think about the PMs that people sent to us, those folks were hurt.

Some might argue that as individuals we decide how we want to play and nobody’s business but our own if we decide to do what might be technically ok but morally/ethically gray.

However, I think that no man nor woman can make a decision without having an impact on the lives of others, more so leaders. There is a shared responsibility about being woven into the fabric of the community, more so leadership.

FW

You mentioned the conflict between the interest of the guild( or individual) and the server. Actually I dont think that’s the case, even if everyone work for their own interest, given their ultimate goal is a reasonable one, there still can be a nice gaming environment.

And in my opinion,the best thing you can ask from WvW is the exciting gaming experience. The sad fact is many players just want to win, they dont mind to form a super strong server to pvd or be stuck in the queue everyday.

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: yriafelc.6124

yriafelc.6124

Respect for MERC for all they’ve achieved in Blackgate and their dedication to play. It’s sad that few guilds are able to keep up with such burnout during oceanic/sea time.

MERC came into BG during a fun time of this game’s life when there’s a lot of active guilds. Each night, 2 guilds are assigned per map (for SEA when I play). They, and ND, helped a lot to carry the server into T1. Unfortunately, as my subjective observation, a lot of people could not handle the burnout of T1 play; not everyone likes 50v50 battles(that number’s probably an understatement if you look at recent matchups). Those that are able to keep up everday eventually joined MERC. I guess a big factor is that most good English speaking commanders (I like Tarkus’ calm voice) are in it.

Which is the key point in my post: I disagree that you are not getting much support when a big (I won’t know how much, and “big” is subjective here) part of your guild are not from SoS. I would have suggested you split your guild, but that’s just my opinion.

Thank you and good luck in your future endeavours.

[Urge]

(edited by yriafelc.6124)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

What people don’t understand is that MERC can now actually run as a proper guild (tagless etc) because they don’t need to send 20 scouts to every towers,keeps on every BLs. BG is too obsessed with ppt which make MERC become a “float team” for BG which is basically a train with bunch of rallybots (pugs) who stay up for wexp (because their guilds can’t take any thing from JQ or SoR).

I can say this because I was a MERC and the reason Amarathy quit commanding was because of BG. One night we ran tagless with MERC only and it was so much fun. After that he got so much complains about not tagging up to lead useless rallybots to farm their wexp. After that they i’ve never seen Amarathy commanded again.

Guilds who care about their server train and better their server.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seasniffer.1763

Seasniffer.1763

Welcome to Jed Quarry MERC! Let your freedomkittens fly at full mast!

Big Daddy Thorton – GM of Strike Force [SF]
President of Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Meanwhile in the real world while BG pugs complain that they may not out number JQ 2v1 in 3 out of 4 time zones anymore…

http://blackgatewvw.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1405-bg-arms-race-fundraiser/

Find ONE post like this from JQ rofl.

JQ’s new motto “Quality over Quantity” #getgood (trademark- some NS guy.)

ALSO [SG] is recruiting PvF warriors from #magswag to bolster our forum coverage, you can remain on #magswag of course.

You can make any forum post about JQ being better than BG or SoR in skills etc etc(in #magswag fashion), at the end you have to say SHADOW GYPSIES RULE or something lame like that. At the end of the week send me your forum post tally, I will review your work and [SG] will send you 1sp per post as payment.

Thanks for linking their forums. It’s a shame that I had to find out that one of our guilds was trying to skulk off quietly over to BG, but then we don’t hold bake sales and fundraisers to buy guilds so I guess it’s on us :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

What why would you want kitten die, seriously it’s like the best and all the serious WvW’ers come here to WvW. If you don’t want to fight t1 servers don’t come here omg

why is t1 getting censored LOL

Lol what? Please learn to spell my name correctly next time ok?
I never said all the serous WvW’rs are in Tier 1, but an amount larger than in any other tier. Because of that, there is action 24/7 here. I was on SoS, so I have experienced the difference in coverage first hand. You, however, have not been in tier 1 since SoS fell, so you have no idea what tier 1 is like now. How many open field fights have you been able to win against SoR? (incoming “SoR only zergs with a map blob” statements)

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Dayyum, guess you guys don’t need your server wide fundraiser to buy more guilds than :/

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Dayyum, guess you guys don’t need your server wide fundraiser to buy more guilds than :/

Probably more overtime, LOL.

Never learn…

in Match-ups

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Anyone from TC in EB right now want to send me a message in game please?

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Yea, because no other servers help guilds with moving costs.

If anything it shows how poor we are, we have to do bakesales for any perspective transfers lol. We’ll be lucky to raise 2k from that.

Blackgate, the big spenders of Tier 1, purchasing guilds left and right with 2k gold. (The cost to move 25 people) lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

What why would you want kitten die, seriously it’s like the best and all the serious WvW’ers come here to WvW. If you don’t want to fight t1 servers don’t come here omg

I never said all the serous WvW’rs are in Tier 1, but an amount larger than in any other tier. Because of that, there is action 24/7 here. I was on SoS, so I have experienced the difference in coverage first hand. You, however, have not been in tier 1 since SoS fell, so you have no idea what tier 1 is like now. How many open field fights have you been able to win against SoR? (incoming “SoR only zergs with a map blob” statements)

plenty, and you fell into my trolltrap

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

(edited by Le Rooster.8715)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Yea, because no other servers help guilds with moving costs.

If anything it shows how poor we are, we have to do bakesales for any perspective transfers lol. We’ll be lucky to raise 2k from that.

Blackgate, the big spenders of Tier 1, purchasing guilds left and right with 2k gold. (The cost to move 25 people) lol

Buddy my retention fee is 2k gold, soz.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

pot.6805

Don’t know, don’t care. I don’t get involved with that kitten lol. BTW that was at 9pm server time. I just farm bags and kill enemies with my friends/guild mates.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quick.3504

Quick.3504

So I have read all day how JQ is going to PvD now that MERC made there way over and this is what PvD looks like I guess.

Its just laughable how some can be so blind

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

So I have read all day how JQ is going to PvD now that MERC made there way over and this is what PvD looks like I guess.

Do you know what a time zone is?

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Nice keybinds.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Where’s that ~6 AM PST screenshot of this morning?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Do you know what a time zone is?

Its 4 hours before i get on a kick some kitten.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

pot.6805

Nice keybinds.

Thank you, try them out! They work great for me, every thing is available with minimal movement.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Nice keybinds.

Thank you, try them out! They work great for me, every thing is available with minimal movement.

more importantly, looking good XDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

pot.6805

Nice keybinds.

more importantly, looking good XDD

Thanks, always gotta look good!

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

The Ajax.4967

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

Lol u mean u died plenty right?

Evin Arris

in Match-ups

Decklan.7540

Hello Decklan,

Yeah, and I still have friends who I talk to on SoR and BG because I don’t let video game politics spill over into my real life. I’ve seen too many people get lost in this world of PPT and server pride. It’s just a downward spiral from there.

There was this guild leader from SoS, I think he was one of the ambassadors or something, that was so obsessed with winning he would play 10-12 hours a day and make forum posts about how this game was destroying his life. This same guy felt depressed when he had to spend time with his family and his server lost a single T1 matchup (new years week). He did exactly what you are writing, he let loyalties and bonds formed in a video game spill over into his real life. I don’t know if he plays anymore, but it should say something that I don’t even remember the guys name even though he dedicated so much of his time to this game.

In the end this is really just a game. If some guilds transferring off your server effect you that much, if not achieving first place is something that will ruin your self-esteem or outlook on life, then maybe it’s just time to stop. Play the game, have fun, that’s all that matters. It’s really the only reason I’ve stayed on JQ even though we have only placed first a few times in the past, I don’t know, four months? I just see the community here as more casual, and less about PPT. Sure we might lose guilds, sure we might gain guilds, sure we might drop to T2 or T3, but it doesn’t matter in the end. The community here on a whole never seemed to be obsessed with winning over fun.

It’s why I hear stories from other servers about commanders yelling at random pugs for wearing zerk gear. Hey, I’ve never experienced that. JQ wipes, it wipes, so what. JQ takes 2nd, so what. JQ is knocked down to T8, so what. Yet I read forum posts about people from SoR and BG who have been so ingrained and brainwashed by austere commanders that you could recommend some crazy build on a PROFESSION forum and they would chime in and say how useless your advice is because one of their guild leaders gave them a 15 minute rage-fest about how THEY were the reason the other team rallied and won the fight.

Then again, maybe it’s my age. I guess when you grow up and garner more responsibilities, the politics of a server matter less and less and just logging on and having a good time matters more and more.

And before you say, band wagoner, I’ve been on JQ since week 2 (I started on Yak’s Bend) and experienced all of its ups and downs; whether it be winning, losing, or dropping down to T2.

(edited by Decklan.7540)

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

I died plenty of times and i killed SoR people plenty of times, i don’t understand what the problem is, does your ego hurt so much that you feel the need to go to random matchup threads and defend your ego?
those videos are EB, we had at that time 2 NA guilds which could field decent amounts none of which focused on EB so you’re wiping our demoralized miltia nice work.

Obviously in that matchup we did get wiped more then we wiped SoR, but to say that we didn’t wipe one SoR zerg that entire matchup is redicilous and stupid as hell. I clearly remember one time i was running with CB about 16 of us and we ran into a SoR zerg of about 30-40 we almost had them aswell but the numbers just simply got to us and we wiped. After that i got pm’s from the commander at that time contemplating us and letting us know that we did a good job. Why can’t you be like that, just let your ego go for one minute man and acknowladge the cirucumstance of the enemy and your circumstance.

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

I died plenty of times and i killed SoR people plenty of times, i don’t understand what the problem is, does your ego hurt so much that you feel the need to go to random matchup threads and defend your ego?
those videos are EB, we had at that time 2 NA guilds which could field decent amounts none of which focused on EB so you’re wiping our demoralized miltia nice work.

Obviously in that matchup we did get wiped more then we wiped SoR, but to say that we didn’t wipe one SoR zerg that entire matchup is redicilous and stupid as hell. I clearly remember one time i was running with CB about 16 of us and we ran into a SoR zerg of about 30-40 we almost had them aswell but the numbers just simply got to us and we wiped. After that i got pm’s from the commander at that time contemplating us and letting us know that we did a good job. Why can’t you be like that, just let your ego go for one minute man and acknowladge the cirucumstance of the enemy and your circumstance.

did you kill tw havoc squads? i can’t imagine you killing them with equal numbers. is your NA militia always demoralized? And do you mean complimenting and not contemplating?

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

The Ajax.4967

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

Lol “you fell into my troll trap” and your not even in your own matchup thread so your point is moot. No ego here man, I’m just laughing at your constant threadjacking, defensiveness and clingyness. Le huehuehue

Evin Arris

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

Lol “you fell into my troll trap” and your not even in your own matchup thread so your point is moot. No ego here man, I’m just laughing at your constant threadjacking, defensiveness and clingyness. Le huehuehue

He admitted to me he hates BG, so he comes in here bashing us all the time.

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

really? you blame Bg just for a night? and now your saying bg is a train pugs and rally bots, mind you that everyone tries to contribute what they can, you talk like your better than them when in fact you are not.

oh wait your former bg merc and now to FA. i understand.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

hi

Attachments:

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

What are you talking about i had a DNM with Choc a couple of times.

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

You do realize i was trolling aswell, i honestly don’t take this game seriously (half the kitten i post on the forums is for getting a reaction).

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

hi

Well I would hope you would look at the posts prior to the MERC discussion as well but its not as good these days with my story of EP Blobbing having gone missing….

PRAISE JEDSUS!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

What are you talking about i had a DNM with Choc a couple of times.

Did you forget about that PM you sent me? Choc is not BG btw. You judge a server because you are BFFs with one guy on it?
And maybe you actually do not hate BG, but just ‘bash’ it for no reason correct?

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

hi

That was actually one of the funniest moments I’ve ever seen on TV. That show is gold sometimes.

in Match-ups

Decklan.7540

You do realize i was trolling aswell, i honestly don’t take this game seriously (half the kitten i post on the forums is for getting a reaction).

Can we please turn this into a “I-knew-you-knew-that-I-knew-you-knew that I was trolling” debate followed by an intense discussion on the subject of Yu-Gi-Oh trap cards?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

20k points behind 12 hours ago, now less than 10k. If tonight goes like last night JQ will tie it up in ~14 more hours and then it’s all over.

XD : Sorry you have to start all over again from another 20k gap now. Try harder ^^.

Much love.