9/20: Blackgate/Jade Quarry/Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Despite what you may think GE’s leader is still inexperienced in fielding borderlands. His role started to shift from EB to borderlands a few weeks ago. He’s testing out various methods and see what BG does. He’s not used to the 15+ superior carts that BG used last night, and I just offered some additional advice to attack bay (I’m also new from EB, started wvwing 1-2 months ago, glad to know BG’s happy in beating down the inexperienced).

When it comes to fair open field battles you guys didn’t win much, did you.

And hi [Coin], I think I saw you guys in TC bay.

He’s inexperienced in more areas than that, however that isn’t even what I’m talking about in the first place, and don’t assume you have a clue what I may think. We never at any point had even 10 superior arrow carts at any given time, even before you trebbed and then died after rolling over them all, sorry to tell you. Also, what “fair” open field battles? Your full map blob vs our no less than 3 distinct groups running separately at any given time? In addition to the contingency of non combatants in citadel? And 20% of our main force’s group off sentrying our holdings in order to prevent the inevitable ninja pvtower/keep attempt from a handful of tkg/whatnot or occasional attempt from tc? Which of course we would then have to float off to respond to. Do you think you didn’t get anywhere near where you did no thanks to that? Nah mate. At every point after the first breach where you got back in outer it was only because our main force were too busy with our hands tied elsewhere to deal with you.

And don’t get it twisted Vash, I love the new, significantly less effective bulobbage. WOW so blob, much bags.

1) BG kept building new super arrow carts every time we attacked Bay. I didn’t say 15+ super carts at any given time, but the total numbers of arrow carts that were taken down should be 15 from the hours of bashing bay took.

2) The two major parties running in BGBL were FOO + GE + pugs running around to fight. Your Merc + TMD + X guild (forgot what your 3rd guild is) already field more than the major parties, and our pug numbers aren’t really bigger than yours. Thanks for putting beer goggles and really thinking our size is bigger. And it wasn’t TKG running around to cap whatever you have, it was FOO. So whatever fights you had were GE/FOO + pugs.

3) I still like the accusation of map blob, because BG still had the numbers to field JQBL and cap bay/hold on to hills. Not only that, your BG had +150 stats most of the time, and it is amazing how you guys lost to us in straight field battles and had to rely on arrow carts to keep us out. If you guys didn’t need a queue, I call liar liar pants on fire.

Ge field much less compared to ATM. But in terms of discipline, I think Ge win by far. ATM only rely on their map blob.

ATM only relying on their map blob? Lol. That’s a pretty big insult.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

^ Lets Gee Vee Gee!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Despite what you may think GE’s leader is still inexperienced in fielding borderlands. His role started to shift from EB to borderlands a few weeks ago. He’s testing out various methods and see what BG does. He’s not used to the 15+ superior carts that BG used last night, and I just offered some additional advice to attack bay (I’m also new from EB, started wvwing 1-2 months ago, glad to know BG’s happy in beating down the inexperienced).

When it comes to fair open field battles you guys didn’t win much, did you.

And hi [Coin], I think I saw you guys in TC bay.

He’s inexperienced in more areas than that, however that isn’t even what I’m talking about in the first place, and don’t assume you have a clue what I may think. We never at any point had even 10 superior arrow carts at any given time, even before you trebbed and then died after rolling over them all, sorry to tell you. Also, what “fair” open field battles? Your full map blob vs our no less than 3 distinct groups running separately at any given time? In addition to the contingency of non combatants in citadel? And 20% of our main force’s group off sentrying our holdings in order to prevent the inevitable ninja pvtower/keep attempt from a handful of tkg/whatnot or occasional attempt from tc? Which of course we would then have to float off to respond to. Do you think you didn’t get anywhere near where you did no thanks to that? Nah mate. At every point after the first breach where you got back in outer it was only because our main force were too busy with our hands tied elsewhere to deal with you.

And don’t get it twisted Vash, I love the new, significantly less effective bulobbage. WOW so blob, much bags.

1) BG kept building new super arrow carts every time we attacked Bay. I didn’t say 15+ super carts at any given time, but the total numbers of arrow carts that were taken down should be 15 from the hours of bashing bay took.

2) The two major parties running in BGBL were FOO + GE + pugs running around to fight. Your Merc + TMD + X guild (forgot what your 3rd guild is) already field more than the major parties, and our pug numbers aren’t really bigger than yours. Thanks for putting beer goggles and really thinking our size is bigger. And it wasn’t TKG running around to cap whatever you have, it was FOO. So whatever fights you had were GE/FOO + pugs.

3) I still like the accusation of map blob, because BG still had the numbers to field JQBL and cap bay/hold on to hills. Not only that, your BG had +150 stats most of the time, and it is amazing how you guys lost to us in straight field battles and had to rely on arrow carts to keep us out. If you guys didn’t need a queue, I call liar liar pants on fire.

Ok, now that you’ve given your perspective, let me share what was going on our side of the wall.

I remember us dropping 5 superior ACs south bay. But can you blame us given that we only had 27 running on the tag?

Yep. 27. We estimated you to be at least 40+ (conservative estimate of the map total since every corner we’d turn it seems we’d run into a separate force as big as ours running independent from the main zerg. I think you would have had at least 70 total in the map). The first couple of times we engaged, we indeed lost. What else can you expect given the numbers advantage? So commander decided to play it smart and siege up…especially since we had to float off to JQ and TC bl.

Yep…27 were holding at least 3 keeps from equal or greater forces. So please tell us again why we shouldn’t drop the carts? Hats off to our leadership for making us seem a lot larger than we actually were. I think that was effective map control and management.

P.S once we had nearly equal numbers, we came out. Guess who won those fights?

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

There were like 20 people stationed in JQBL with another group zoning in every time JQ’s full map zerg came for hills. The only map that had a queue was whichever one that float team was one at the time, and BGBL.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

woot~ merc is going to JQ?

Whoa wut? I hope this isn’t a troll O.o

the biggest attempt of trolling in my entire pvf career. but who knows

oh man please tell me your trolling…

Figure when this post hits 10 pages I will tell

a little bird also told me of this news in game last night. oh what is it you put in your cookies JQ, lemme taste that.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Zeke,

I hope this is just a rumor/trolling attempt. MERC is literally the backbone of BG. For Tarkus and MERC to leave, it would be catastrophic. And JQ will become the new super server with unmatched Oceanic & SEA.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Hello Zeke,

I hope this is just a rumor/trolling attempt. MERC is literally the backbone of BG. For Tarkus and MERC to leave, it would be catastrophic. And JQ will become the new super server with unmatched Oceanic & SEA.

FW

SoR would still have more in SEA and Oceanic guilds don’t kid yourself

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

LOL Merc is the Nightwatch of BG ! They swore an oath to guard the wall and protect us from the white walkers . We wouldn’t trade them for all the other servers guilds in thier time zone. Plus their commanders scare us

mance rayder and the wildlings now :P

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

Hello Zeke,

FW

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Hi Agg.

We missed you.

Oh hi NS. Missed you too

My body is ready.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Hello Zeke,

FW

Perhaps, that would be the best resort for all three servers? As BG SEA can hardly match JQ/SOR SEA now in terms of number. Imagine BG SEA move to SOR, 1v1 in each particular timezone in a SOR/BG/JQ match would be a real blast. Just suggesting the scenario

in Match-ups

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Snip

I think I should try to record all future battles. That way it becomes clear.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Hello Zeke,

FW

I don’t remember SoR having a force like JQ had last night. JQ had 2 monster blobs on TC and BG BL but just couldn’t accomplish anything lol. Why were they so obsessed with those 2 bays? Oh well, their PPT took a beating and I got a tone of bags, so all’s well

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xyne.9104

Xyne.9104

Score update.
BG still ticking over 400ppt near the end of SEA….
Thank god they’re still recruiting, they really need it.

I hear Waha rage logged earlier?

If he did, it was probably because he couldn’t get his crew into bgbl while [ge] and the enthusiastic pugs were there trying oh so hard to take bay and wouldn’t move off so the man could do his work. I guess because ge thought they could do better or…they were just hard tunnel vision mode.

Whatever the case was, ge sure did us a service! It’s a lot easier to defend against them than Waha with his much more disciplined [ATM] military.

I was there, participating and witnessing the open field fights, BG got wiped countless times by Ge at that bay siege.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ozma.1950

Ozma.1950

Score update.

If he did, it was probably because he couldn’t get his crew into bgbl while [ge] and the enthusiastic pugs were there trying oh so hard to take bay and wouldn’t move off so the man could do his work. I guess because ge thought they could do better or…they were just hard tunnel vision mode.

Whatever the case was, ge sure did us a service! It’s a lot easier to defend against them than Waha with his much more disciplined [ATM] military.

I was there, participating and witnessing the open field fights, BG got wiped countless times by Ge at that bay siege.

We were still unable to take down Bay until much later. Credits to BG for being incredibly resilient. Those ACs were just too much for us to handle and we did made a couple of mistakes. We will get better at that I promise you. Compared to well-established guilds like MERC, we are still relative inexperienced especially when it comes to the borderlands. Thank you for the hard fights BG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Score update.

Who ended up with bay? Wasn’t there just asking

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Hello Zeke,

FW

Perhaps, that would be the best resort for all three servers? As BG SEA can hardly match JQ/SOR SEA now in terms of number. Imagine BG SEA move to SOR, 1v1 in each particular timezone in a SOR/BG/JQ match would be a real blast. Just suggesting the scenario

Just keep in mind that you’ll be lucky to even have that matchup for once in every 2 months once the league begins.

Just…keep that in mind. If you are transferring servers and stacking timezones in anticipation of a particular matchup, just keep that in mind. Of course for those who are into PvD for a month straight, looking at a 650 tick and feeling good about it all bets are off.

Please stop thinking in terms of tiers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Hello Zeke,

FW

Just keep in mind that you’ll be lucky to even have that matchup for once in every 2 months once the league begins.

Just…keep that in mind. If you are transferring servers and stacking timezones in anticipation of a particular matchup, just keep that in mind. Of course for those who are into PvD for a month straight, looking at a 650 tick and feeling good about it all bets are off.

Why are you telling us to keep it in mind? ANET are the ones to blame for this current and future situation.

Minion

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Hello Zeke,

FW

Yeah im not too thrilled . Its gonna be the big 3 trying hard for points, and other servers skipping that week till the t1 pain train passes. Boring for all. They should just give every tier a reward for winning and give Beastgate its crown.

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

Hello Zeke,

FW

Why are you telling us to keep it in mind? ANET are the ones to blame for this current and future situation.

Because “ANET” doesn’t make people transfer. People make people transfer, and at the rate things are going these people are in for a very uninteresting time in WvW.

I can’t believe I have to explain this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

Because “ANET” doesn’t make people transfer. People make people transfer, and at the rate things are going these people are in for a very uninteresting time in WvW.

It’s alright, those League Finishers are totally going to be worth the 600 PPT PvD.

Totally.

[TKG] Mollify

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

So the last time it was JQ/SOR/BG we had several posters claiming that BG is falling apart and that MERC is transferring off….. All these accusation were vehemently denied, but seems that they were all true after all.

RIP BG 2013

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Ozma.1950

People move to T1 because they want to be with good teams so they can have a competitive fight against other good teams. That way, anyone can log on anytime 24/7 and expect good fights. This is what makes T1 so exciting at the moment and this is the main reason why people are stacking T1.

If Anet really wants to balance WvW, they should consider that and craft their next major change accordingly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

So the last time it was JQ/SOR/BG we had several posters claiming that BG is falling apart and that MERC is transferring off….. All these accusation were vehemently denied, but seems that they were all true after all.

RIP BG 2013

Lulz. Still hanging onto that thread eh Aurust?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

ANet did make people transfer. They started pre-release when they said WvW would be a 24/7 game. They’ve reiterated the fact countless times.

The problem you’re addressing is that all the servers that have prepared for a 24/7 game, are playing against servers that haven’t.

Now, in the old system, this isn’t even a problem. BG/JQ/SoR would be stuck together in their T1 master race.

It IS ANet’s fault that people are getting screwed over, both lower tier and higher tier servers.

If they wanted people to spread out, they should’ve taken actions sooner instead of telling people that the game was 24/7 and that night capping was totally legit, because all this stacking is the result of HoD’s performance and ANet’s constant vindication of off-hour players.

in Match-ups

Kimhyuna.1035

Hello Zeke,

FW

Why are people transferring? I would put alot of money on not wanting to be on a losing server. The recent patch and the update to come offers a better experience to people on a better server. In a general conclusion, ANET dont make people transfer yes, but they put people in a position where they must decide between playing on a lower ranked server or moving to a higher ranked one that has more stability. And I doubt that serious wvw guilds are going to move down to a lower ranked server, it would be easier to just quit.

ANET dont care at the end of the day, they make money from gem sales. And money>tears.

Jeez, I cant believe I need to explain this.

Minion

(edited by Kimhyuna.1035)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

RIP BG 2013

Lulz. Still hanging onto that thread eh Aurust?

I wasn’t making the accusations……

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hi, BG, JQ, TC and friends. just dropping by, dropping a friendly note. : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sari.1247

Sari.1247

telling people that the game was 24/7 and that night capping was totally legit

kitten americans flipping our stuff while we’re at work

[TKG] Sari
JQQ stacked in the TKG Timezone

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

People move to T1 because they want to be with good teams so they can have a competitive fight against other good teams. That way, anyone can log on anytime 24/7 and expect good fights. This is what makes T1 so exciting at the moment and this is the main reason why people are stacking T1.

If Anet really wants to balance WvW, they should consider that and craft their next major change accordingly.

Now they are with good teams so they can have an exhilarating fight against other doors.

I don’t think “whose fault it is” is that important at this point, it doesn’t really change anything. Leagues are going to happen, so why not think according to that rather than lament why things aren’t going in some other hypothetical direction? Things do suck now, but it’s not like the players have no way to make it suck less.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

Allways surprise me how much quicker respect is lost than gained.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Kimhyuna.1035

Now they are with good teams so they can have an exhilarating fight against other doors.

I don’t think “whose fault it is” is that important at this point, it doesn’t really change anything. Leagues are going to happen, so why not think according to that rather than lament why things aren’t going in some other hypothetical direction? Things do suck now, but it’s not like the players have no way to make it suck less.

ANET needs to provide incentives for this to happen aka provide free transfers to lower tiers. Not many people are going to transfer to a lower server, spending their own money, to lose.

Why does it have to come down to players spending their own money to fix a design mistake?

Minion

in Match-ups

Also, if you’re talking about PvD… Currently, the servers with off-hour players are fighting with the servers with off-hour players. Transferring to another, lower server, in most (all) cases, is going to REDUCE their chance of finding opponents.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Why are you the only person who seems to speak some sense, i thought i was one of the rare species who actually knew what leagues meant.
What’s even more baffling is as soon as leagues were announced people transferred to the top 3 Servers, it’s like THey want to fight doors.

wow i just realized MERC actually did transfer to JQ. Tbh i didn’t think they were going to do it.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

(edited by Le Rooster.8715)

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I’m not sure that is entirely the case. I’ve spent alot of time bouncing between various servers. Ive played right from the lowest to highest ranked servers. I enjoyed my time with gameplay in each. But the underlying factor is that no matter how hard I tried in low tier my effort was minimal and I felt like I contributing almost nothing, even when my yak farming equated to 5k points in a week my server would lose by 100k. I wanted to be with like minded people and a decent community and I bounced around a bit trying to find that and eventually I found it at Blackgate.

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

ANET needs to provide incentives for this to happen aka provide free transfers to lower tiers. Not many people are going to transfer to a lower server, spending their own money, to lose.

Why does it have to come down to players spending their own money to fix a design mistake?

We don’t know at this point what the rewards will be for “winning”, but I will be incredibly surprised if it’s something significant enough to warrant spending 60+ (or is it more now?) gold to transfer to a top server and then having a terrible WvW experience in 80% of matches minimum. I believe it’s already stated that most of the rewards are linked to how much you play for your server.

Many guilds moved up to have a better WvW experience (T1 indeed has competitive, round-the-clock action), I don’t see the problem with moving down for the same thing when tiers no longer exist and T1 servers get round-the-clock boredom instead. SoR is having a preview of it this week, and I will be incredibly surprised if guilds don’t move off the top servers after a few weeks of leagues. That’s all I’m really saying – don’t be in a rush to transfer upwards because you want to “win”, or because you want to fight server X or guild Y in Z time zone. Very soon none of that will matter.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimson Riddles.3892

Crimson Riddles.3892

RIP BG 2013

Funny how everytime SoR associates themselves with the forums, it’s only ever negative…

Guess the haters just gonna’ hate :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Score update.

Ge field much less compared to ATM. But in terms of discipline, I think Ge win by far. ATM only rely on their map blob.

I remember that time FoO/ATM used to run people over like nothing. Not anymore, it seems.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

Also, if you’re talking about PvD… Currently, the servers with off-hour players are fighting with the servers with off-hour players. Transferring to another, lower server, in most (all) cases, is going to REDUCE their chance of finding opponents.

CURRENTLY, CURRENTLY. YES.

In two weeks, NO.

It’s like I’m talking to brick walls.

in Match-ups

Ozma.1950

Actually this is a pretty good idea
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/US-Leagues-4-instead-of-2-Please/first

4 “tiers” instead of 2 at 6 servers each. Less blowout matches!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Hello Zeke,

FW

IKR. MERC only runs 10-15. More Oceanic guilds? Maybe. More Oceanic numbers? Maybe not.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

In two weeks, NO.

I should say the same.

Time will not change that off-peak players are concentrated in T1 servers. Transferring anywhere else will only exacerbate the “PvD problem”. This can’t be too difficult to grasp.

in Match-ups

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Score update.

We were still unable to take down Bay until much later. Credits to BG for being incredibly resilient. Those ACs were just too much for us to handle and we did made a couple of mistakes. We will get better at that I promise you. Compared to well-established guilds like MERC, we are still relative inexperienced especially when it comes to the borderlands. Thank you for the hard fights BG.

it is experiences like these that makes your stronger my friend. great fights TC and JQ.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: yourGoD.3481

yourGoD.3481

We don’t know at this point what the rewards will be for “winning”, but I will be incredibly surprised if it’s something significant enough to warrant spending 60+ (or is it more now?) gold to transfer to a top server and then having a terrible WvW experience in 80% of matches minimum. I believe it’s already stated that most of the rewards are linked to how much you play for your server.

Many guilds moved up to have a better WvW experience (T1 indeed has competitive, round-the-clock action), I don’t see the problem with moving down for the same thing when tiers no longer exist and T1 servers get round-the-clock boredom instead. SoR is having a preview of it this week, and I will be incredibly surprised if guilds don’t move off the top servers after a few weeks of leagues. That’s all I’m really saying – don’t be in a rush to transfer upwards because you want to “win”, or because you want to fight server X or guild Y in Z time zone. Very soon none of that will matter.

You’re also forgetting that guilds on servers really enjoy working together. The server leaders have put a lot of effort into building a community for everyone. All the GM’s of the WvW guild are friends with each other (in game, not irl) and we all enjoy cooperating with each other on the battlefield (except for that FEAR commander who just calls everyone baddies yet needs to get bannered all the time, nobody likes him). There’s certain personalities and inside jokes on the server that we share from playing together for 6 months or so. It’s hard for a guild to transfer down to lower tiers by themselves because that would mean you would not be able to cooperate again with any of the guilds you’ve built relations with, and the majority of the weeks you would not even be guaranteed to fight them. It’s very fun to be able to hop onto TS and just hang with the other WvW people you’ve met even if it’s karma training for a few weeks. While we have been complaining about the lack of fights this week, I imagine the SoR commanders and players are also secretly enjoying this stress-free week to do some PvE. I imagine in the next weeks, 4 of the weeks will be pretty boring fight-wise but I don’t think 4 weeks of bad fights is going to break apart the guild alliances that have formed.

[FEAR] – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by yourGoD.3481)

in Match-ups

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

MERC why oh why…

Blackgate

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

In two weeks, NO.

I should say the same.

Time will not change that off-peak players are concentrated in T1 servers. Transferring anywhere else will only exacerbate the “PvD problem”. This can’t be too difficult to grasp.

Wow ok so final attempt.

NOW: Tier concept still relevant, matchups are by rating, T1 servers are highly likely to match with each other. Off-peak players concentrated in T1 servers, where they fight each other.

LEAGUES: No tiers, matchups within a 12-server league. T1 servers will on average spend 4 to 5 weeks out of 7 every season against nonT1 servers, off-peak players PvD almost all the time.

Time will obviously not change the fact that off-peak players are concentrated in T1, but it WILL change how often T1 servers match against each other, which is DIRECTLY linked to the “PvD problem”. The off-peak players (or players in general, really) can either cry about this and do nothing and then PvD every single time they don’t meet another T1 server (which will be the majority), or they can start to spread as evenly as possible within the league to minimize the PvD weeks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

In two weeks, NO.

I should say the same.

Wow ok so final attempt.

NOW: Tier concept still relevant, matchups are by rating, T1 servers are highly likely to match with each other. Off-peak players concentrated in T1 servers, where they fight each other.

LEAGUES: No tiers, matchups within a 12-server league. T1 servers will on average spend 4 to 5 weeks out of 7 every season against nonT1 servers, off-peak players PvD almost all the time.

Time will obviously not change the fact that off-peak players are concentrated in T1, but it WILL change how often T1 servers match against each other, which is DIRECTLY linked to the “PvD problem”. The off-peak players (or players in general, really) can either cry about this and do nothing and then PvD every single time they don’t meet another T1 server (which will be the majority), or they can start to spread as evenly as possible within the league to minimize the PvD weeks.

The problem is that people complain about wanting fights, and then when facing 2 servers (1 evenly matched and 1 who resemble doors), they will always aim for the doors first.

But then again it makes 0 sense to CC/pay and transfer to a server where you will get steamrolled for 4-5 weeks out of 7, and that’s why they would rather transfer, self-funded or not, to a server where they CAN steamroll people/doors instead.

I eat breakfast for dinner.

(edited by urak.4863)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Why are you the only person who seems to speak some sense, i thought i was one of the rare species who actually knew what leagues meant.
What’s even more baffling is as soon as leagues were announced people transferred to the top 3 Servers, it’s like THey want to fight doors.

wow i just realized MERC actually did transfer to JQ. Tbh i didn’t think they were going to do it.

Rooster, why don’t you mind your own business for once? Are you still bitter about MERC moving off SoS? It’s been months now, you gotta let go.

And for someone who points out about others speaking sense, you seem to lack it. How does, stacking one tier equate to more Pvdoor? Won’t there be too many people to defend? Sure, there is pvdoor to some extent, but it is far less than in any other tier because of the round the clock coverage of tier 1.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

Hello Zeke,

FW

IKR. MERC only runs 10-15. More Oceanic guilds? Maybe. More Oceanic numbers? Maybe not.

2+ of the 10-15 are competent commanders able to push for double digit hours daily (Deep in to EU).

Thats the loss. Not the 10+ scrubs.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

And for someone who points out about others speaking sense, you seem to lack it. How does, stacking one tier equate to more Pvdoor? Won’t there be too many people to defend? Sure, there is pvdoor to some extent, but it is far less than in any other tier because of the round the clock coverage of tier 1.

Leagues being introduced = less frequency of one T1 server meeting another T1 server = more PvDoor.. = more fun as intended by the WvW dev team?

I eat breakfast for dinner.