9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Theres a difference on the “skill” level needed for GvG or roaming.

A good roamer/soloer depends a lot on reaction time, skill combos, and a good build.

For GvG or any kind of organized group play however you need an insane level of coordination in order to be succesful. Its not as easy as the roamers suggest, lol.

All you need is 2 necros, 10 Guardians, 2 Staff Elementalists, one mesmer and 5 hammer warriors.

I would disagree and say that is a little guard/warrior heavy. I would want less guardians and pick up a d/d ele or two and a thief.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mickz.8356

Mickz.8356

A good roamer/soloer depends a lot on reaction time, skill combos, and a good build.

For GvG or any kind of organized group play however you need an insane level of coordination in order to be succesful. Its not as easy as the roamers suggest, lol.

All you need is 2 necros, 10 Guardians, 2 Staff Elementalists, one mesmer and 5 hammer warriors.

I would disagree and say that is a little guard/warrior heavy. I would want less guardians and pick up a d/d ele or two and a thief.

I agree with the 2 necro/10 guards/2 staff ele/1 mes/5 shout warrior combo. Reason is that the guardians are keeping the blob (guards and warriors) alive. The tighter you stay as a group, the more damage you deal and less damage you will take. Staff ele’s and necro’s are there for that extra bit of DPS, but mostly for the fields that they are able to give out. Mesmer, for the veil, obviously.
Although, i would drop one warrior for a good thief that knows how to survive, to take out the oppositions necro’s/ele’s.

Cream, Collecting Loot [Bags]

(edited by Mickz.8356)

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Tibstrike.2974

I agree with the 2 necro/10 guards/2 staff ele/1 mes/5 shout warrior combo. Reason is that the guardians are keeping the blob (guards and warriors) alive. The tighter you stay as a group, the more damage you deal and less damage you will take. Staff ele’s and necro’s are there for that extra bit of DPS, but mostly for the fields that they are able to give out. Mesmer, for the veil, obviously.

This is true, I just like having that extra damage coming from the outside. I just think having 10 guards and 5 shout warriors is a little extreme unless you’re facing a guild of necros. But hey! Some guilds run necro heavy and wreck face. So to each their own!

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Mickz.8356

This is true, I just like having that extra damage coming from the outside. I just think having 10 guards and 5 shout warriors is a little extreme unless you’re facing a guild of necros. But hey! Some guilds run necro heavy and wreck face. So to each their own!

Most Necromancers go power well spec for a GvG for the damage. Conditions IMO dont work in a group bigger than 10, due to the amount of condition removal coming from the warriors and guardians. A way to avoid a necro heavy group is to pay attention to the wells that are on the floor and completely avoid them. And thats where the warriors and guardians HAVE to stay tight and move/dodge roll as one. One over extender that dies, can change the whole fight completely.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Tibstrike.2974

Most Necromancers go power well spec for a GvG for the damage. Conditions IMO dont work in a group bigger than 10, due to the amount of condition removal coming from the warriors and guardians. A way to avoid a necro heavy group is to pay attention to the wells that are on the floor and completely avoid them. And thats where the warriors and guardians HAVE to stay tight and move/dodge roll as one. One over extender that dies, can change the whole fight completely.

I guess that’s true. I don’t know much about necros in GvG. I just figured the conditions would still be a big problem even in larger fights, more so than smaller fights like 10v10. In small fights like that there are less people pumping out conditions in the first place than in a 15v15 or 20v20, so the condition cleanses work even better.

But I agree wholeheartedly about the warriors and guardians moving together. The loss of a guardian or warrior can be a death knoll for a guild if it can’t regroup quick enough. I’ve seen it in our fights and in the fights of other guilds. It’s crazy how fast a fight can change.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Mickz.8356

I guess that’s true. I don’t know much about necros in GvG. I just figured the conditions would still be a big problem even in larger fights, more so than smaller fights like 10v10. In small fights like that there are less people pumping out conditions in the first place than in a 15v15 or 20v20, so the condition cleanses work even better.

But I agree wholeheartedly about the warriors and guardians moving together. The loss of a guardian or warrior can be a death knoll for a guild if it can’t regroup quick enough. I’ve seen it in our fights and in the fights of other guilds. It’s crazy how fast a fight can change.

With the power well necromancers, there a 2 wells that tick for 2.5k+, and one of those turns boons into conditions, so thats why you gotta look out for them. As for the conditions and stuff, think about it this way, the more guardians and warriors you have, the more the condition removal is going to come, and if you time your warriors and guardians shouts as a group, and rotate them like that, you should have no conditions on you what so ever.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Tibstrike.2974

With the power well necromancers, there a 2 wells that tick for 2.5k+, and one of those turns boons into conditions, so thats why you gotta look out for them. As for the conditions and stuff, think about it this way, the more guardians and warriors you have, the more the condition removal is going to come, and if you time your warriors and guardians shouts as a group, and rotate them like that, you should have no conditions on you what so ever.

Good point. The rotation of shouts for guards and warriors seems obvious but must take a fair amount of practice. Sounds like a good thing to look into! I just hope GvG can keep surviving long enough to test all this stuff out.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: moutzaheadin.4029

moutzaheadin.4029

Yeah… He actually did, and then told us we were intefering with his game and violating the code of conduct. Pretty terrific.

Haha, if this is true , that’s funny stuff. I was wondering why some “unknown ruffians” was able to down and spike an anet toon in the middle of a 30+ Sbi horde and the Sbi guys not lift a finger to help.

1 more thing, watching that blob vrs blob.. you guys are kidding yourselves if you actually think that winning that is about skill..

XOXO, plz leave. You guys are good at what you do. Don’t talk down on something else because you don’t like it. That’s middle school level trolling, I’d expect grad school level trolling or better from you. yawn.

Props to the xoxo necro. Seems like a nice guy and nuked just about everyone he 1 v 1’d last night. I still want to duel your warrior…

Please.. I’m not even trolling, blobing up and mashing aoe/11111 on a targeted driver in a blob praying people fall is stupid/unskilled.

Its no wonder I can eat your lunch when ever I catch any of you zerglings straying from the blob. You still haven’t even learned your classes yet. As long as you continue this lolskilled type fighting I will always have people to farm. Ty

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Soooo. Any outside source have the Vid/SS of the GvG from SBIs view and the employee trying to stop it yet?

Isle Of Janthir

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Theres more to GvG and organized play than having x amoung of clases with x builds trying to listen to what the commander says. Every positioning and execution of the combo fields in the middle of combat are the game changers.

The leader cant explain what every class needs to do at the same time in a specific situation. Like i said, it requires coordination, practice and teamwork.

Commander Nachonix

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Soooo. Any outside source have the Vid/SS of the GvG from SBIs view and the employee trying to stop it yet?

I figure we’ll see it on reddit soon enough. Sadly the thread about it on the forums here got locked.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Tibstrike.2974

Yeah… He actually did, and then told us we were intefering with his game and violating the code of conduct. Pretty terrific.

Haha, if this is true , that’s funny stuff. I was wondering why some “unknown ruffians” was able to down and spike an anet toon in the middle of a 30+ Sbi horde and the Sbi guys not lift a finger to help.

1 more thing, watching that blob vrs blob.. you guys are kidding yourselves if you actually think that winning that is about skill..

XOXO, plz leave. You guys are good at what you do. Don’t talk down on something else because you don’t like it. That’s middle school level trolling, I’d expect grad school level trolling or better from you. yawn.

Props to the xoxo necro. Seems like a nice guy and nuked just about everyone he 1 v 1’d last night. I still want to duel your warrior…

Please.. I’m not even trolling, blobing up and mashing aoe/11111 on a targeted driver in a blob praying people fall is stupid/unskilled.

Its no wonder I can eat your lunch when ever I catch any of you zerglings straying from the blob. You still haven’t even learned your classes yet. As long as you continue this lolskilled type fighting I will always have people to farm. Ty

Sounds great! As long as you don’t care about us steamrolling over you and laughing about killing another XOXO then I think we are good to go!

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Hey NSP you guys just pick up a great new player Devon Carver himself will be playing on your server for the first season of leagues.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Hey NSP you guys just pick up a great new player Devon Carver himself will be playing on your server for the first season of leagues.

hahahhahahahah

Isle Of Janthir

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Natronix.9827

Is this legit or? Proof pls.

Commander Nachonix

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

HippoLogic.2519

Hey DevonCarver, us bottom tiered server would like for you and your WvW decision buddies to join us over the next course of 7 weeks of WvW fun.

And I mean for you guys to actually participate. Not looking at stats and numbers from data collection. Join one server, a week and actively participate

Then actually get back to us with a written report on how fun it is

Sincerely

All bottom tiered servers that has kittenised by league

I will be on NSP throughout the duration of the season. And I will be getting the meta achievement.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Is this legit or? Proof pls.

Yeah he said it in the WvW discussion forum..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/US-Leagues-4-instead-of-2-Please/page/5

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: spiraling.6183

spiraling.6183

I didn’t get to play too much this week because of work (sadface), but I just wanted to drop in and say I did have a few pretty fun fights! Was interesting seeing my former NSP buddehs sporting the red names, haha…. And even though you guys killed me mercilessly, I will still share my sandwiches with you xD Except for Kev. No sammys for you (my stacks are still crying).

IOJ~ it’s been really fun running around in your server, you have some pretty nice people in here \(^-^)/ <3

Anyway, that’s all! Hope everyone has a great reset night!

Asyrin Spiral || (F) Human Mesmer (and bear cub!)
Formerly NSP || Wandering in IoJ [DAZE] [EVx]
… ohai friend <3 …

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

HippoLogic.2519

Everyone should transfer off NSP leaving him outnumbered and trying to get those meta achievements by himself lol.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Natronix.9827

HAHAHAHA.

We should put daily achievement rewards during the league, like a bounty.

Kill devon carver – post screenshot – get like one gold or something from the forum guys :p

In all honesty though he should transfer to Devonas rest so he experiences what true imbalance is

Commander Nachonix

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

HAHAHAHA.

We should put daily achievement rewards during the league, like a bounty.

Kill devon carver – post screenshot – get like one gold or something from the forum guys :p

In all honesty though he should transfer to Devonas rest so he experiences what true imbalance is

Or Anvil Rock.

Isle Of Janthir

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

moutzaheadin.4029

Here i thought i was done with the OBS song of the day for the week.

But after a pretty kitten good fight with a |LEXS| mesmer and |SBHS| ranger i felt it was fun enough to put some music to it.

ranger , I salute you. you fought hard and you seemed much better then most of the rangers I come across.

Dear pretty skilled |LEXS| frogman mesmer. i wish i could say the same for you.

GF i guess…

lastly , unlike the trolls that are posting up and down this forum , not many post up their normal everyday fights. so call me bad , make fun of my binds. tell me i suck. IDC

lana ty! i read chat after i make video lol…

and now

the OBS SONG OF THE DAY!

SBHS
NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Hopefully XOXO recruits Devon to join their guild.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Honeybuns weekly wrap up!

Uh.

rabble rabble. Unbalanced. rabble
Rawr rawr, too many hammer wars and annoying guardians. l2p other classes, get off easy mode. rawr rawr
blah blah blah
Honestly don’t care about the match ups or PPT, get to spend time with Sororita, all that matters to me.
blah blah blah blah.

Have a good reset everyone! May the roaming lords smile on you!

Missues Honeybuns out!

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I didn’t get to play too much this week because of work (sadface), but I just wanted to drop in and say I did have a few pretty fun fights! Was interesting seeing my former NSP buddehs sporting the red names, haha…. And even though you guys killed me mercilessly, I will still share my sandwiches with you xD Except for Kev. No sammys for you (my stacks are still crying).

IOJ~ it’s been really fun running around in your server, you have some pretty nice people in here \(^-^)/ <3

Had a lot of fun ganking and /sitting you! <3

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

dank.3680

We don’t recruit bads, sry.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Given how Devon’s managed to successfully troll the entire WvW playerbase on several occasions now, I’d say he’s way out of even XOXO’s league.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I was thinking more of his trolling ability than his playing ability. But, Bandito is probably right. His trolling abilities are way out of XOXO’s league. He makes you guys look like amateurs.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

<3 Spiral!!!! Hope I wasn’t one of the baddies that killed you

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tootsie.5217

Tootsie.5217

Fun fights last night at the windmill with IOJ. Caught up with some old good friends and made some new (~^3^)~

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

[SIC] weekly recap vid

thanks for the fun

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

This week was decently fun. Got to meet the scariest sylvari twink engineer ever, got to troll the Buns, got to troll Rise, got to beat Azalily multiple times <3, lost a 1v1 with a naked guardian, destroyed some Abys rangers morale, and ofc I got steamrolled by many SBI and IoJ zergs. Here’s to hoping we get some semblance of a smaller tier server for an opponent in 2.5 hours. Have fun everyone!

Sadly, I was unable to locate KOREA BRO. moment of silence

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

(edited by JKFlipFlop.7123)

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

Attachments:

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

dank.3680

Attachments:

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Pls buff guards more anet. Tired of skill facts updates for the past 6 months Ty.

They can’t.
Too busy buffing OP classes so they are even more OP. I think next update is like warriors get 1 shot insta kill laser cannons. And necros get like a perma invincible trait.

Because everyone who plays those classes QQ’s so much that they cant solo everything and also Anet only likes Engi. So. GG

If Guardians want something done to the class then we need to beat all these stupid noobs to death with their own umbilical cords.

But its not as this is a sore subject with me or anything.

And yes Devon plays on NSP.
Infact all the good devs do, and some were at Bird Song Day 2013.
Its why WvW shutsdown just before you do a massive golem rush on our bl.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

HippoLogic.2519

Pls buff guards more anet. Tired of skill facts updates for the past 6 months Ty.

They can’t.
Too busy buffing OP classes so they are even more OP. I think next update is like warriors get 1 shot insta kill laser cannons. And necros get like a perma invincible trait.

Because everyone who plays those classes QQ’s so much that they cant solo everything and also Anet only likes Engi. So. GG

If Guardians want something done to the class then we need to beat all these stupid noobs to death with their own umbilical cords.

But its not as this is a sore subject with me or anything.

And yes Devon plays on NSP.
Infact all the good devs do, and some were at Bird Song Day 2013.
Its why WvW shutsdown just before you do a massive golem rush on our bl.

Lol good luck to everyone on reset may you get an even match up even though im pretty sure that wont happen.

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: ARTHUSIMON.7481

ARTHUSIMON.7481

Good job to the Sbi militia commander that realized Langor was a trap and decided to treb it instead. We had to make do with less Acs but it was still a good fight

Overall, I quite liked this matchup. Good fights to be had, both zerg, guild and individually based.

One last thing, I just want the Anet employee that was complaining about our GvG to identify himself and explain his comments, as they seem really out of place on a game called GUILD wars

Commander Arthusimon
[CORE]
FA

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

But after a pretty kitten good fight with a |LEXS| mesmer and |SBHS| ranger i felt it was fun enough to put some music to it.

SBHS
ranger , I salute you. you fought hard and you seemed much better then most of the rangers I come across.

GF i guess…

lastly , unlike the trolls that are posting up and down this forum , not many post up their normal everyday fights. so call me bad , make fun of my binds. tell me i suck. IDC

and now

the OBS SONG OF THE DAY!

When you said you’d already found your DB of the week, I didn’t expect it to have been right before we found you!! I really, really wanted our engie to assume that role.

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

moutzaheadin.4029

SBHS

GF i guess…

and now

the OBS SONG OF THE DAY!

When you said you’d already found your DB of the week, I didn’t expect it to have been right before we found you!! I really, really wanted our engie to assume that role.

Na , he was fine , he stood and took his licks like a man.

Should have came sooner.. as you was bored , I was having a blast!

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

Mage Bank was MVP of this match up.

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

9/20 SBI / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups